Diet water

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lefauve
Diet water

New product Diet water http://www.diet-blog.com/07/diet_water.php how daring ;)

ikosmos ikosmos's picture

I wonder if there is an extra charge for the "diet" product?

milo204

Although it is true.  If you are "dieting" or trying to eat healthier the best thing you can do is to only drink water and forget about stuff like soda, juice, beer, etc.

What's really sad is that some people literally need someone to sell it to them as a diet product for them to do it.

Lefauve

ikosmos wrote:

I wonder if there is an extra charge for the "diet" product?

Sure! it diet water you buy!

hehe!

Lefauve

milo don't take it to the first degree, most people know that water contain no sugar or fat. I put it on a post because i thick it was fun to see how full of them self that charlatan can be.

I simply enjoy the creativity of those people. And those little scam are mostly harmless. The victim is angry for losing a bit of money and that all. I never see people losing more that 1000$ for such product, the worst case i know is 500$ and some wasted time.

M. Spector M. Spector's picture

The Japanese legislature is called the Diet.

Maybe Diet Water is their answer to HP Sauce.

Northern Shoveler Northern Shoveler's picture

M. Spector wrote:

The Japanese legislature is called the Diet.

Maybe Diet Water is their answer to HP Sauce.

Laughing Wink

6079_Smith_W

Now if it contained electrolytes and stuff to help your metabolism bear the strain of starving yourself I could see why they would call it Diet water. Somehow I don't think that is the case.

Even more odd is a product I saw on facebook recently called "organic" water, which really makes no sense.

milo204

how can water be organic? doesn't it invariable contain the thousands of inorganic compounds we dump into the earth and waterways every day?  i highly doubt it's possible to remove all of them.  Let's face it, were living in a chemical soup and there's no way out of it for at least a few hundred years.

M. Spector M. Spector's picture

A lot of that liquid waste pollution is actualy organic compounds.

Organic water would have to contain carbon compounds to be worthy of the name. But I can't imagine anyone wanting to drink it.

On the other hand, it may be that water is called "organic" because it doesn't contain any organic compounds!

Like this:

[img]http://i.treehugger.com/images/2007/10/24/safeway%20organic%20water-jj-0...

Lefauve

Organic water, that a good one! ;)

As spector said.

In biology organic refer to the presense of carbon base chemical in fact we can call co2 is an organic product, following the same logic we can call all soft drink organic product. for the lime water, even if they are call water i think we should refer to them as brevage because of the sugar content. The use of the word is strictly for marketing.

2dawall

Does it have added caffeine or that hunger supressant, hoodia? Or Ma Haung? Ephedra? EGCG?

6079_Smith_W wrote:

Now if it contained electrolytes and stuff to help your metabolism bear the strain of starving yourself I could see why they would call it Diet water. Somehow I don't think that is the case.

Even more odd is a product I saw on facebook recently called "organic" water, which really makes no sense.

Lefauve

And now!

Water you can breath!

http://o2canada.com/oxygenatedwater.html

LoL!

Maysie Maysie's picture

I always wear an evening dress when I drink diet water.

Mods notified.

milo204

what i meant was "organic" in the food sense means there were no added pesticides/hormones/etc added to the thing you're eating but all of the worlds water is subject to poisonous human made chemicals that leech into it from above, flow into it, etc.

since all the bottled water comes from some place like that, how on earth can they say it's organic?  have they found a way to remove these chemicals?  not to mention the shit that leaks in from the plastic! 

Lefauve

milo204 wrote:

what i meant was "organic" in the food sense means there were no added pesticides/hormones/etc added to the thing you're eating but all of the worlds water is subject to poisonous human made chemicals that leech into it from above, flow into it, etc.

since all the bottled water comes from some place like that, how on earth can they say it's organic?  have they found a way to remove these chemicals?  not to mention the shit that leaks in from the plastic! 

Old trick from the industry, using lot word to mess the consumer. The process t remove all thing from the water existed for century it call distillation. So your organic water is what we use to refer as distilled water.

But for consumer distilled is less fashion that organic.

so organic is in that case just a fluke.