I used to blame the government and the crooked electoral system.
Now, however, after the Harper majority, I blame the people.
The list of the Harper-atrocities is a very long one and has been widely publicized during the election campaign. It is impossible not to know them.
Just a few from the top:
- The international criminal court is investigating Canada for possible war crimes in Afghanistan
- Harper was the first prime minister in Canadian History found in contempt of parliament
- We are the international outlaws in climate change contributtion with our tar sand project
- The G20 atrocities were an obvious sign of a police state we live in
- The 36+ billion $ fighter plane rip-off
etc., etc., etc.
Yet, enough people voted for him to give him a majority, knowing that he can do anything he wants for 5 years without anyone able to stop him.
When Malrony got his majority, he said: "Give me a year and you won't recognize this country"
Gues what Harper will do to the country we love.
The Germans democratically elected Hitler in 1936, even though he had published Mein Kampf before, for everyone to see and read.
Is it true that every western nation has the government they deserve?
After all, enough of them voted for it.