Federal Israeli Apartheid Week motion defeated

114 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fidel

We'd better vote Tory next election then, because we know how much the Tories heart Muslims in general, or whichever ethnic group in the world Ottawa is called upon to aid in the slaughter of by their bosses in Warshington.

Unionist

See how disciplined Prophit is, Mycroft? He has his eye only on the diversion and the disruption. He will never comment on an issue of substance - such as whether the positions I presented pass his test or not. There is no value in attempting to debate matters of substance with those who have only diversion as their aim. Jaku, at least, gives views on particular subjects from time to time, whether we find them offensive or not.

Lord Palmerston

Jaku wrote:

Ya probably true.

Well at least we're in agreement on that.  The difference though is IJV doesn't claim to speak for Canadian Jewry as a whole.  The CJC and Bnai Brith claim that they do.

aka Mycroft

Prophit wrote:

aka Mycroft wrote:

Hannah Arendt and Albert Einstien fail the "J-Test" too not to mention Yehudi Menuhin.

Do you mean this Albert Einstein who supported the Zionist cause:

 http://www.zionism-israel.com/Albert_Einstein/Albert_Einstein_zionism.htm

I mean the Albert Einstein who said:

Quote:

“I should much rather see reasonable agreement with the Arabs on the basis of living together in peace than the creation of a Jewish State. Apart from practical considerations, my awareness of the essential nature of Judaism resists the idea of a Jewish State, with borders, an army, and a measure of temporal power, no matter how modest. I am afraid of the inner damage Judaism will sustain”

Does that comment pass the "J-test"? It is interesting, Prophit, that the propaganda page you cite only considers Einstein's views up to 1931 and ignores the quote I give above or his later views. Also missing, for instance, is his calling Menachem Begin a fascist.

Fidel

One of my relatives was a founding member of the first synagogue in Montreal. And his brother Ezekiel was a fur trader. Does that count for anything in the j-test? Where do I pick up my membership card? Will they welcome me in the promised land?

Frustrated Mess Frustrated Mess's picture

Jaku wrote:

 One, I believe must show great care in not wrongly tarring a group because you disagree with a position it takes, as long as that position is not seen as advcating hatred or contempt.

As the CJC promotes uncritical support for Israel including the ghettoization and murder of Palestinians, I would suggest they do advocate hatred and contempt of human beings who happen to be Palestinian as does anyone else who offers such support for Israel. If I am wrong about the CJC, perhaps you could point me to a condemnation by them for the siege of Gaza, the recent massacres and war crimes committed against Gazans, the seizure of West Bank land, the continued colonization by "settlers", the brutality and oppression of Palestinians, or ... oh, hell, show me any public condemanation of Israeli actions against Palestinian civilians. Any at all.

Jaku

aka Mycroft wrote:

Prophit wrote:

aka Mycroft wrote:

Hannah Arendt and Albert Einstien fail the "J-Test" too not to mention Yehudi Menuhin.

Do you mean this Albert Einstein who supported the Zionist cause:

 http://www.zionism-israel.com/Albert_Einstein/Albert_Einstein_zionism.htm

I mean the Albert Einstein who said:

Quote:

“I should much rather see reasonable agreement with the Arabs on the basis of living together in peace than the creation of a Jewish State. Apart from practical considerations, my awareness of the essential nature of Judaism resists the idea of a Jewish State, with borders, an army, and a measure of temporal power, no matter how modest. I am afraid of the inner damage Judaism will sustain”

Does that comment pass the "J-test"? It is interesting, Prophit, that the propaganda page you cite only considers Einstein's views up to 1931 and ignores the quote I give above or his later views. Also missing, for instance, is his calling Menachem Begin a fascist.

All that this ends up proving is that one can take what Einstein said many ways and build a case. Being dead no one will really ever really know.

Jaku

Frustrated Mess wrote:

Jaku wrote:

 One, I believe must show great care in not wrongly tarring a group because you disagree with a position it takes, as long as that position is not seen as advcating hatred or contempt.

As the CJC promotes uncritical support for Israel including the ghettoization and murder of Palestinians, I would suggest they do advocate hatred and contempt of human beings who happen to be Palestinian as does anyone else who offers such support for Israel. If I am wrong about the CJC, perhaps you could point me to a condemnation by them for the siege of Gaza, the recent massacres and war crimes committed against Gazans, the seizure of West Bank land, the continued colonization by "settlers", the brutality and oppression of Palestinians, or ... oh, hell, show me any public condemanation of Israeli actions against Palestinian civilians. Any at all.

You make up things based solely on your own conjecture. Its like  being a magician, confuse, gesticulate...over here...no over there...naaa its under this cup. You made the hateful allegation about CJC. You own it. You prove it.

 

ETA: And your allegation that CJC promotes "...murder of Palestinans" is as disgusting and hateful a remark as I have ever seen written here on Babble. I sure hope somone at CJC sees it, to me it comes close to libel.

Lord Palmerston

Frustrated Mess wrote:
As the CJC promotes uncritical support for Israel including the ghettoization and murder of Palestinians, I would suggest they do advocate hatred and contempt of human beings who happen to be Palestinian as does anyone else who offers such support for Israel. If I am wrong about the CJC, perhaps you could point me to a condemnation by them for the siege of Gaza, the recent massacres and war crimes committed against Gazans, the seizure of West Bank land, the continued colonization by "settlers", the brutality and oppression of Palestinians, or ... oh, hell, show me any public condemanation of Israeli actions against Palestinian civilians. Any at all.

And as you say, what the CJC fears the most is the fact that many Jews are moving "beyond the pale," which explains their increasingly desperate attacks on groups like IJV.  Jews (outside Israel) are overwhelmingly small-"l" liberal in their values and support human rights - and it's increasingly difficult to reconcile being liberal and being a modern-day Zionist.

remind remind's picture

know what?

 

That he called  Begin a fascist? Which I am sure is a word he did not take lightly

 

Or that he quite apparently disagreed with a Jewish state?

 

 

 

 

skdadl

Jaku wrote:

 I sure hope somone at CJC sees it

 

LOL.

 

I ... love a charade ...

aka Mycroft

In January, 1946, in a reply to the question of whether refugee settlement in Palestine demanded a Jewish state, Einstein told the Anglo-American Committee of Inquiry:

Quote:

"The State idea is not according to my heart. I cannot understand why it is needed. It is connected with narrow-minded and economic obstacles. I believe it is bad. I have always been against it." [1]

Letter to the New York Times, December 4, 1948, from Albert Einstein and other prominent Jews, denouncing Menachem Begin, a future prime minister of Israel who is highly regarded by the current ruling Likud Party, as a fascist. After the death of the first president of Israel in 1952, the Israeli government offered the post of president to Einstein. He declined the offer.

Quote:
New Palestine Party
Visit of Menachem Begin and Aims of Political Movement Discussed

TO THE EDITORS OF THE NEW YORK TIMES:

Among the most disturbing political phenomena of our times is the emergence in the newly created state of Israel of the ""Freedom Party"" (Tnuat Haherut), a political party closely akin in its organization, methods, political philosophy and social appeal to the Nazi and Fascist parties. It was formed out of the membership and following of the former Irgun Zvai Leumi, a terrorist, right-wing, chauvinist organization in Palestine.

The current visit of Menachem Begin, leader of this party, to the United States is obviously calculated to give the impression of American support for his party in the coming Israeli elections, and to cement political ties with conservative Zionist elements in the United States. Several Americans of national repute have lent their names to welcome his visit. It is inconceivable that those who oppose fascism throughout the world, if correctly informed as to Mr. Begin’s political record and perspectives, could add their names and support to the movement he represents.

Before irreparable damage is done by way of financial contributions, public manifestations in Begin’’s behalf, and the creation in Palestine of the impression that a large segment of America supports Fascist elements in Israel, the American public must be informed as to the record and objectives of Mr. Begin and his movement.

The public avowals of Begin’s party are no guide whatever to its actual character. Today they speak of freedom, democracy and anti-imperialism, whereas until recently they openly preached the doctrine of the Fascist state. It is in its actions that the terrorist party betrays its real character; from its past actions we can judge what it may be expected to do in the future.

Attack on Arab Village

A shocking example was their behavior in the Arab village of Deir Yassin. This village, off the main roads and surrounded by Jewish lands, had taken no part in the war, and had even fought off Arab bands who wanted to use the village as their base. On April 9 (THE NEW YORK TIMES), terrorist bands attacked this peaceful village, which was not a military objective in the fighting, killed most of its inhabitants —— 240 men, women, and children —— and kept a few of them alive to parade as captives through the streets of Jerusalem. Most of the Jewish community was horrified at the deed, and the Jewish Agency sent a telegram of apology to King Abdullah of Trans-Jordan. But the terrorists, far from being ashamed of their act, were proud of this massacre, publicized it widely, and invited all the foreign correspondents present in the country to view the heaped corpses and the general havoc at Deir Yassin.

The Deir Yassin incident exemplifies the character and actions of the Freedom Party.

Within the Jewish community they have preached an admixture of ultranationalism, religious mysticism, and racial superiority. Like other Fascist parties they have been used to break strikes, and have themselves pressed for the destruction of free trade unions. In their stead they have proposed corporate unions on the Italian Fascist model.

During the last years of sporadic anti-British violence, the IZL and Stern groups inaugurated a reign of terror in the Palestine Jewish community. Teachers were beaten up for speaking against them, adults were shot for not letting their children join them. By gangster methods, beatings, window-smashing, and wide-spread robberies, the terrorists intimidated the population and exacted a heavy tribute.

The people of the Freedom Party have had no part in the constructive achievements in Palestine. They have reclaimed no land, built no settlements, and only detracted from the Jewish defense activity. Their much-publicized immigration endeavors were minute, and devoted mainly to bringing in Fascist compatriots.

Discrepancies Seen

The discrepancies between the bold claims now being made by Begin and his party, and their record of past performance in Palestine bear the imprint of no ordinary political party. This is the unmistakable stamp of a Fascist party for whom terrorism (against Jews, Arabs, and British alike), and misrepresentation are means, and a ""Leader State"" is the goal.

In the light of the foregoing considerations, it is imperative that the truth about Mr. Begin and his movement be made known in this country. It is all the more tragic that the top leadership of American Zionism has refused to campaign against Begin’’s efforts, or even to expose to its own constituents the dangers to Israel from support to Begin.

The undersigned therefore take this means of publicly presenting a few salient facts concerning Begin and his party; and of urging all concerned not to support this latest manifestation of fascism.

(signed)

Isidore Abramowitz, Hannah Arendt, Abraham Brick, Rabbi Jessurun Cardozo, Albert Einstein, Herman Eisen, M.D., Hayim Fineman, M. Gallen, M.D., H.H. Harris, Zelig S. Harris, Sidney Hook, Fred Karush, Bruria Kaufman, Irma L. Lindheim, Nachman Maisel, Symour Melman, Myer D. Mendelson, M.D., Harry M. Orlinsky, Samuel Pitlick, Fritz Rohrlich, Louis P. Rocker, Ruth Sager, Itzhak Sankowsky, I.J. Schoenberg, Samuel Shuman, M. Znger, Irma Wolpe, Stefan Wolpe

New York, Dec. 2, 1948

 

Quote:

Alfred M. Lilienthal, in What Price Israel? , recounts that on April 1, 1952, in a message to the Children of Palestine, Inc., Einstein "spoke of the necessity to curb 'a kind of nationalism' which has arisen in Israel 'if only to permit a friendly and fruitful co-existence with the Arabs.'" Lilienthal also relates a personal conversation with Einstein: "Dr Einstein told me that, strangely enough, he had never been a Zionist and had never favored the creation of the State of Israel. Also, he told me of a significant conversation with [Chaim] Weizmann [leader of the World Zionist Organization.] Einstein had asked him: 'What about the Arabs if Palestine were given to the Jews?' And Weizman said: 'What Arabs? They are hardly of any consequence.'"

 

1. Albert Einstein, in Ideas and Opinions, Crown Publishers, New York, 1954, p. 190

2. Alfred M. Lilienthal, What Price Israel?, 50th Anniversary edition, 2003

So does Einstein pass the J-test?

 

Jaku

As I said, 1954, much has happened since then...who knows how Einstein would feel as a result...he seemed to change his views often...you can conjecture all you want...we will never really know.

And Skdadl, you might think its humerous to suggest that CJC "supports the murder of palestinians", I certainly find no humour in it and I highly doubt that CJC will either. I have notified the mods and hopefully they will do the right thing.

Unionist

Yeah, skdadl, would you please try for more accuracy? Change that to: "CJC uncritically supports the murderers of Palestinians."

Better, eh Jaku?

 

Jaku

Unionist, make all the fun you wish. After all what do you care? This isn't your Board and all you have to lose is the hours and hours you spend here.

skdadl

Jaku wrote:

And Skdadl, you might think its humerous to suggest that CJC "supports the murder of palestinians", I certainly find no humour in it and I highly doubt that CJC will either. I have notified the mods and hopefully they will do the right thing.

 

 

LOL.

 

Jaku, I think it's pretty clear from the short quotation I copied that I was laughing at the idea that the CJC would need to be notified of anything that gets said at babble on this particular topic.

 

That's what I was laughing at; that's what I'm still laughing at; and that is what I will be laughing at tomorrow. Y'know that wonderful old John Prine song? "For you may see me tonight, with an illegal smile / It don't cost very much, but it lasts a long while ..."

aka Mycroft

Jaku wrote:

As I said, 1954, much has happened since then...who knows how Einstein would feel as a result...he seemed to change his views often...you can conjecture all you want...we will never really know.

You have a point, just look how much the situation of the Palestinians has improved since 1954 and how much Israeli politics has moved to the left since then.

Jaku, I don't see any evidence that Einstein frequently changed his opinion. The Zionist propaganda page cited by Prophit only used quotes before 1931. Einstein becomes increasingly critical from the thirties on, around the time Zionism shifted from promoting Palestine as a Jewish homeland but not necessarily a state to a view that there should explicitly be a state and, as Einstein says, he never supported the idea of a Jewish state and he has never made any statements supporting Israel or the creation of a state. Perhaps what changed wasn't Einstein so much as Zionism? So do Einstein's comments pass the J-test? Would Cotler and Farber consider them anti-semitic because they consistently oppose the idea of a Jewish state?

aka Mycroft

Einstein, Zionism and Israel: Setting the Record Straight

Quote:
"While he had long supported the Zionist cause - first visiting the United States in 1921 on a fund-raising with its leaders by urging cooperation with the Arabs. Einstein often clashed with its leaders by urging cooperation with the Arabs. He considered himself primarily a cultural rather than a political or territorial Zionist. In 1930, while Zionist policy called for a Jewish state in Palestine, he proposed a power-sharing arrangement for the nation-to-be (a Joint Council of four Jews and four Arabs, modeled after the Swiss Constitution) ..." [Jerome, p. 110]

"Einstein's views place him squarely in the tradition of German cultural Zionism.

Cultural Zionism, first espoused by Ahad Ha'am and Martin Buber ... emphasized the cultural and spiritual renewal of the Jewish people. It saw itself in opposition to political Zionism, as espoused by Herzl, which focused on the establishment of Jewish state." [Stachel, p. 68] As Einstein underwent his personal awakening toward Jewish identity, "by 1938, he decisively rejected any taint of racism in his concept of Judaism." [Jerome, p. 68]

I have conceived of Judaism as a community of tradition. Both friend and foe, on the other hand, have often asserted that the Jews represent a race; that their characteristic behavior is the result of innate qualities transmitted by heredity from one generation to the next. ... The Jews, however, are beyond doubt a mixed race, just as are all other groups of our civilization. Sincere anthropologists are agreed on this point; assertions to the contrary all belong to the field of political propaganda and must be rated accordingly." ["Why do They Hate the Jews?", in Einstein, 1986, p. 196]

As I said, Jaku, it seems that what shifted is not Einstein's view, per se, but Zionism. Einstein never supported the concept of a Jewish state (ie political Zionism) and as political Zionism emerged as the dominant force in the Zionist movement and came to fruition with the creation of the state of Israel, Einstein pulled away and his criticisms became more pronounced.

Interesting how Prophit hasn't shown her face here since her erroneous claims about Einstein were refuted. Word to the wise, Prophit, don't trust what you read on hasbara propaganda pages like www.zionism-israel.com . Using a page like that as a source will only result in embarassment along the lines of what you've experienced here.

Michelle

Whenever I read posts like #58, I read them in my mind's ear in an overwrought, tearful, melodramatic tone.  It's so much more entertaining that way!

Unionist

Jaku wrote:

Unionist, make all the fun you wish. After all what do you care? This isn't your Board and all you have to lose is the hours and hours you spend here.

Jaku, make all the fun you wish. After all what do you care? This isn't your World any more - it has left you behind. All you have to lose is the wealth and power and privilege that those whom you champion have amassed. Hey, no wonder you're worried.

Anyway, if you followed the wisdom of our scholars, you would know that when a debate has reached a point where there is no convincing the other side, one declares teku - which some say stands for, Tishbi ye'taretz kushyot ve'abayot.

Mind you, you don't strike me as someone who has studied much Torah or Talmud, which may be why you carry on.

 

Frustrated Mess Frustrated Mess's picture

Jaku wrote:

Frustrated Mess wrote:

Jaku wrote:

 One, I believe must show great care in not wrongly tarring a group because you disagree with a position it takes, as long as that position is not seen as advcating hatred or contempt.

As the CJC promotes uncritical support for Israel including the ghettoization and murder of Palestinians, I would suggest they do advocate hatred and contempt of human beings who happen to be Palestinian as does anyone else who offers such support for Israel. If I am wrong about the CJC, perhaps you could point me to a condemnation by them for the siege of Gaza, the recent massacres and war crimes committed against Gazans, the seizure of West Bank land, the continued colonization by "settlers", the brutality and oppression of Palestinians, or ... oh, hell, show me any public condemanation of Israeli actions against Palestinian civilians. Any at all.

You make up things based solely on your own conjecture. Its like  being a magician, confuse, gesticulate...over here...no over there...naaa its under this cup. You made the hateful allegation about CJC. You own it. You prove it.

 

ETA: And your allegation that CJC promotes "...murder of Palestinans" is as disgusting and hateful a remark as I have ever seen written here on Babble. I sure hope somone at CJC sees it, to me it comes close to libel.

Oh, Gosh! Well, Jaku, my dear, dear, fellow, I will humbly, heartily, cheerfully, or most morosely, which ever is preferred, apologize here, publicly on babble and before all its readers, to the CJC for any slight perceived, or offense taken, just as soon as you demonstrate for me a single condemnation by the CJC of the state of Israel for its ongoing repression, and, yes, murder of Palestinians. I pledge to you the apology is being penned in breathless anticipation.

Paul Gross

Unionist wrote:

 

Anyway, if you followed the wisdom of our scholars, you would know that when a debate has reached a point where there is no convincing the other side, one declares teku - which some say stands for, Tishbi ye'taretz kushyot ve'abayot.

 

 

Yiddish happens to be my father's first language but I understand it not. So unionist would you mind including links or translation when you drop y-bombs?  Sometimes google helps, sometimes not.

I am surely not the only one who is interested, including the moderators who can hardly be expected to moderate what they can't understand.

(My father tells tales about attending Toronto's Harbord Collegiate in the days when most students spoke yiddish and most teachers did not. Yiddish was their secret code. Students would look at the principal and snicker while saying something innocuous in Yiddish, just to make him paranoid.)

Fidel

I know some pig Latin, and a little avEnglavish.

Unionist

Paul Gross wrote:

Yiddish happens to be my father's first language but I understand it not. So unionist would you mind including links or translation when you drop y-bombs?  Sometimes google helps, sometimes not.

 

Paul - it's not Yiddish. "Teku" is Aramaic, and "tishbi... etc." is Hebrew. The reason Google didn't help is because there is no standard method of transliterating Hebrew into English spelling, so I just did it the way I heard it.

Essentially, it means "Elijah (the Tishbite) will resolve all questions and paradoxes" - the prophet Elijah whose reappearance heralds the coming of the Messiah. [url=http://apikorostalmud.blogspot.com/2005/05/unsolvable-question-shabbat-5... is an explanation of "teku" - the Talmudic notation which often marked a "draw" between two or more camps of scholars on hotly-debated theological or juridical points, wherein they agreed to disagree:

Quote:
In the English translation, the resolution reads “The question stands over;” the original Aramaic is teku, which has no exact translation. However, traditional Jewish folklore treats this word as an acronym for tishbi yetaretz kushiyot v’ba’ayot – “the man from Tishbi (Elijah) will solve difficulties and problems.” In other words, when Elijah returns from heaven as a precursor to the Messiah, he will spend at least some of his time resolving the unsolvable questions where the Rabbis got stuck. This indicates a willingness to live with limited uncertainty, but also an optimism that there is an answer out there that will someday be found. Today, when we say, “I don’t know” about the universe, we do better to say, “I don’t know YET,” since we’re not waiting for Elijah any more.

 

Jaku

No amount of diversion, Yiddish philosophizing or Aramaic quotations will change the facts.

Unionist

God will get you for that!

 

Paul Gross

Thanks for the explanation, unionist. Aramaic/Hebrew/Yiddish, now I know there is a difference ... reminds me of the old goldberg/iceberg joke. 

Michelle

:D :D

Jaku

Unionist wrote:

God will get you for that!

 

Gee and I always thought you were a secularist

Skinny Dipper

Skinny Dipper wrote:

Lorrie Goldstein of the Toronto Sun writes about "Jew haters, free speech and the Toronto District School Board.

Yesterday, Lorrie Goldstein wrote about "Jew haters."  Today, Toronto Star's Rosie DiManno writes a brief introduction on the "repugnantly named" (her words) Israel Apartheid Week. She also writes about some so-called anti-Semitic people of Malmö, Sweden.

I left a comment. However, one piece of my comment was moderated/taken out. Here is my comment with the removed part published in square brackets:

"I won't write about Israel Apartheid Week. However, I would like to know what is legitimate and illegitimate discussion about Israel? Where can one seek approval to get criticism of Israel legitimized? [Iacobucci?]"

Unionist

Jaku wrote:

Unionist wrote:

God will get you for that!

Gee and I always thought you were a secularist

I am - that's why God won't get me.

 

Skinny Dipper

Unionist, I hope you are not a seclusionist or a secultarist.Laughing

remind remind's picture

what facts jaku?

GOD

Unionist wrote:

God will get you for that!

 

 

It's on my list.

skdadl

Praise the Lord! (Does the Lord comment here?)

Unionist

Skinny Dipper wrote:

Unionist, I hope you are not a seclusionist or a secultarist.Laughing

Laughing

Nope, I'm not, nor do I ever turn down a free supper, so I'm not a Dinny Skipper either.

 

George Victor

Eat your vitamins, U.  Be well.

Prophit

GOD wrote:

Unionist wrote:

God will get you for that!

 

 

It's on my list.

For the record, exactly which God are you?

kropotkin1951 kropotkin1951's picture

GOD

I like it far better when you are unknowable but since your here I have a question.  If getting Jaku is the will of Allah will GOD and Christ agree or will they have to seek serenity under a tree and ask the Buddha. 

GOD

kropotkin1951 wrote:

GOD

I like it far better when you are unknowable but since your here I have a question.  If getting Jaku is the will of Allah will GOD and Christ agree or will they have to seek serenity under a tree and ask the Buddha. 

 

You know darned well that Allah is merely Arabic for God, that Christ, insofar as you're talking about the trinity, is a human created obfuscation emanating largely from the Council of Nicea, and Buddhism is non-theistic.  Something which I rather like about them I should add.

When I say get Jaku, get him what?  Maybe I mean get him a prezzie.  It'll be a surprise though.

 

Prophit

I am quite gnerous in thought when it comes to GOD. I would hope however that you are not the GOD conjured up by some here who have suggested a more malevolent form who takes revenge on posters not liked. That to me would be more in the SATAN range.

The Devil

Yeah I hate it when people get us confused. 

Prophit

Then Im sure Jaku will feel much better.

GOD

OMNÍPOTENS Dómine, Verbum dei Patris, Christe Jesu, Deus et Dóminus univérsæ creatúræ: qui sanctis Apóstolis tuis dedísti potestátem calcándi super serpéntes et scorpiónes: qui inter cétera mirabílium tuórum præcépta dignátus es dícere: Dæmones effugáte: cujus virtúte motus tamquam fulgur de cælo sátanas cécidit: tuum sanctum nomen cum timóre et tremóre supplíciter déprecor, ut indigníssimo mihi servo tuo, data vénia ómnium delictórum meórum, constantem fidem, et potestátem donáre dignéris, ut hunc crudélem dæmonem, brácchii tui sancti munítus poténtia, fidéliter et secúrus aggrédiar: per te, Jesu Christe, Dómine Deus noster, qui ventúrus es judicáre vivos et mórtuos, et sæculum per ignem!!

The Devil

Aw nuts!

 

skdadl

Well, that's a real disappointment. Us Presbyterians were waiting so patiently for the hellfire-and-brimstone parts. I hate being exorcised.

 

 

GOD

Prophit, that is an interesting question coming from such a prominent member of the group which popularised monotheism, but a legitimate question none the less. 

 

According to the Catechism of the Roman Catholic Church I am the supreme being who made all things.  Try living up to that!  Who cares what they say anyway. Am I a motivational force inside you?  Am I the creator of the universe? Maybe I'm a statue in a shrine.  Is there one of me? Am I three in one?  If so, what about Shemp?  Theist to Deist I've got it covered.  Would you like me to be corporeal?  You may have to pay a bit extra for that my naughty friend.

 

In terms of my hanging around this place, I generally adopt the Abrahamic tradition.  The predictibility just makes it simpler for everyone.  I shall however be what you need and wish me to be, despite the fact that your needs and wishes may be contrary, and despite that your stubborn free will may negate my intercessions on behalf of your best interests.

sanizadeh

Jaku wrote:

Skinny Dipper wrote:

I don't know if this is the right forum, but it's as close as I could find on the topic of Israel Apartheid Week.

Lorrie Goldstein of the Toronto Sun writes about "Jew haters, free speech and the Toronto District School Board.

If "Jew-hater" events such as IAW should not be allowed on TDSB property, then the board should also be banning Arab and Muslim hater groups such as the Jewish Defense League, B'nai Brith, the Canadian Israel Committee, and the Canadian Jewish Congress.. Perhaps we should be identifying these organizations as hate groups.

Can you give some direct proof that CJC, CIC and B'nai brith are "Arab and Muslim hating" groups. It is one thing to engage in passionate disagreements and quite another to claim that these groups "hate" Arabs and Muslims. Since at least one of these groups act very much as a representative of the community (excluding some like IJV) claiming CJC "hates" all Muslims is way off base I believe.

Considering that SD's comment was in response to the title of Goldstein's article in Toronto Sun, can you give some direct proof that IAW is a "Jew-hating event"? and could that same criteria apply to justify the "arab-hating" label for the opposing side?

genstrike

sanizadeh wrote:

Jaku wrote:

Skinny Dipper wrote:

I don't know if this is the right forum, but it's as close as I could find on the topic of Israel Apartheid Week.

Lorrie Goldstein of the Toronto Sun writes about "Jew haters, free speech and the Toronto District School Board.

If "Jew-hater" events such as IAW should not be allowed on TDSB property, then the board should also be banning Arab and Muslim hater groups such as the Jewish Defense League, B'nai Brith, the Canadian Israel Committee, and the Canadian Jewish Congress.. Perhaps we should be identifying these organizations as hate groups.

Can you give some direct proof that CJC, CIC and B'nai brith are "Arab and Muslim hating" groups. It is one thing to engage in passionate disagreements and quite another to claim that these groups "hate" Arabs and Muslims. Since at least one of these groups act very much as a representative of the community (excluding some like IJV) claiming CJC "hates" all Muslims is way off base I believe.

Considering that SD's comment was in response to the title of Goldstein's article in Toronto Sun, can you give some direct proof that IAW is a "Jew-hating event"? and could that same criteria apply to justify the "arab-hating" label for the opposing side?

Goldstein can't even find any evidence, because there isn't any.  Look at his article from last week.  He even admits that no one said anything anti-semitic at IAW, but they're still Jew-haters, because... um... saying that they don't hate Jews is exactly what a Jew-hater would say!

Incidentally, I think Goldstein eats puppies.  Puppy-eaters don't always make it obvious.

Lord Palmerston

 

Jaku wrote:
Can you give some direct proof that CJC, CIC and B'nai brith are "Arab and Muslim hating" groups. It is one thing to engage in passionate disagreements and quite another to claim that these groups "hate" Arabs and Muslims. Since at least one of these groups act very much as a representative of the community (excluding some like IJV) claiming CJC "hates" all Muslims is way off base I believe.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_5ULlIP5MJMs/SvnP1goLYmI/AAAAAAAACio/bbptsH-Whx...

Pages

Topic locked