Taylor Bachrach new NDP Candidate in Skeena

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
quizzical
Taylor Bachrach new NDP Candidate in Skeena

Taylor won on first ballot last night which means Skeena will remain NDP in the fall. 

 

Aristotleded24

Good to hear. Congratulations to Taylor and all the candidates who put their names forward.

Ken Burch Ken Burch's picture

quizzical wrote:

Taylor won on first ballot last night which means Skeena will remain NDP in the fall. 

 

I wish Mr. Bachrach well in the campaign, but have to ask:  are you saying the party couldn't count on holding the seat if any of the other candidates were nominated?

quizzical

Ken Burch wrote:

quizzical wrote:

Taylor won on first ballot last night which means Skeena will remain NDP in the fall. 

 

I wish Mr. Bachrach well in the campaign, but have to ask:  are you saying the party couldn't count on holding the seat if any of the other candidates were nominated?

it woulda been a much harder fight with a lower profile person.

Taylor has green creds and is a great guy loved across northern BC.

Aristotleded24

quizzical wrote:

Ken Burch wrote:

quizzical wrote:

Taylor won on first ballot last night which means Skeena will remain NDP in the fall. 

 

I wish Mr. Bachrach well in the campaign, but have to ask:  are you saying the party couldn't count on holding the seat if any of the other candidates were nominated?

it woulda been a much harder fight with a lower profile person.

Taylor has green creds and is a great guy loved across northern BC.

Possibly Canada's first ever NDP elected prime Minister? Est-ce qu'il peut parler francais?

jerrym

Here's some of his background from Bachrach's website. Besides being elected mayor of Smithers three times, he has, as said above, some strong green credentials: 

Here are a few of the leadership roles I’ve taken on during my time in local government:

Other community volunteer service I have undertaken includes:

  • Past member, Bulkley Valley Credit Union Community Support Committee

  • Past member, Bulkley Valley Credit Union Credit Committee

  • Past Chair, Bulkley Valley Community Resources Board

  • Past member, Telkwa Community Initiatives Society

  • Organizer, Bike to Work Week

  • Organizer, BC Rivers Day

  • Organizer, Sky-Hi Outdoor Movie Night

https://www.bachrach.ca/bio