Will Cheri DiNovo urge Ontario legislature to condemn Ann Coulter's Islamophobic & homophobic campaign?

54 posts / 0 new
Last post
Unionist
Will Cheri DiNovo urge Ontario legislature to condemn Ann Coulter's Islamophobic & homophobic campaign?

Below...

Unionist

The thread topic is meant as a constructive challenge to the friends, supporters, and defenders of Cheri DiNovo's condemnation of Israeli Apartheid Week.

 

George Victor

Twaddle

Unionist

I should have specified that I was hoping for some thoughtful and non-sycophantic answers to this question.

If Ontario legislators can condemn their own students and voters for debating the Middle East, can they also find time to condemn some media star from the U.S. who is trying to poison the minds of our youth?

 

NDPP

Sounds like quite a reasonable suggestion to me..

Fidel

Thanks Unionist. And we might also take this opportunity to ask, when will anybody in Toronto condemn the phony US war on terrorism Muslims and democracy in general around the world? Because we know our stoogeocrats in phony-minority federal government won't be speaking out anytime soon just taking orders from Uncle Sam as usual.

Unionist

Well, Fidel, if the ONDY put that motion on the floor at Queen's Park as well, it would be a huge contribution. Will you be contacting them with that suggestion? You have my support. And if you fear that it's a federal issue, don't hesitate to cc the federal party.

 

Unionist

So Fidel, I take it you will not urge DiNovo to take a stand on what happened in UWO and U of Ottawa?

Is there any other provincial politician who has spoken out on this issue, or who could be urged to do the right thing? Given the high profile this achieved in Ontario, surely we want to hear from the people's representatives - now that they have pronounced themselves against Israeli Apartheid Week on those very same campuses.

 

Fidel

The NDP's federal foreign policy platform is fairly impressive already by what I can tell. It represents a significant break from the old line party cow-towing to the Warshington agenda. But this is off-topic. We're discussing how uninterested and maybe even disinterested a member of the third political party in Ontario is from US and Israeli-friendly federal foreign policies.

I think the best way to deal with Ann Coulter is to just ignore her. Serious politicians should not give her a platform or so much as a mention. She's a whacko.

mahmud

If Ann Coulter ever faces the ONDP caucus she would repeat what she said to her Calgary audience: "You all look like me". To answer -directly- unionist's question I would say I won't hold my breath.

Fidel

Unionist wrote:

So Fidel, I take it you will not urge DiNovo to take a stand on what happened in UWO and U of Ottawa?

Is there any other provincial politician who has spoken out on this issue, or who could be urged to do the right thing? Given the high profile this achieved in Ontario, surely we want to hear from the people's representatives - now that they have pronounced themselves against Israeli Apartheid Week on those very same campuses.

This is what I don't get. 9/11 truth seems to be a taboo subject for some here on babble. However, Ann Coulter supports crazy George Bush's version of 9/11.

Israeli hawks support that same genesis fable of events at root source of this phony global war on terror.

There is no evidence whatsoever that Al-CIA'duh and Al-CIA'duh alone were responsible for 9/11. At least the Taliban demanded proof from US hawks in the beginning. And then when the bombs started dropping on Muslims in Afghanistan, the Taliban even offered to give up OBL to a third party neutral country without proof of OBL's guilt for 9/11.

And you have to admit that Truth deniers pretty much on-side with crazy george bush and mouthpieces like Ann Coulter.

Why in hell should we pay any attention to whackos like Ann Coulter? Nothing! We give her nothing! And all the whackos who agree with the neocons' premise for the phony phucking war on terror? Nothing! We give them nothing! Not even the time of day.

Doug

It might be nice if Cheri DeNovo - or anyone at Queen's Park - stuck to provincial issues because we do have a bunch of them just now. Pronouncing either way on problems in the Middle East isn't really what I want to see out of MPPs.

Unionist

Doug wrote:

It might be nice if Cheri DeNovo - or anyone at Queen's Park - stuck to provincial issues because we do have a bunch of them just now. Pronouncing either way on problems in the Middle East isn't really what I want to see out of MPPs.

That would be fine - but then she should undo the damage by retracting her comments. You and she can't have it both ways: Condemn those who criticize Israel on campus, but remain silent when the Islamophobes come to town. Sends an odd sort of message - don't you think??

NDPP

the message is quite clear - the NDP, like the rest of our 'representatives', are not up to standing against the Apartheid state of Israel - but instead attack those who are.

Frustrated Mess Frustrated Mess's picture

Universities fall under provincial jurisdiction. The ONDP have every right to pronounce on who are Universities invite to speak. They certainly had no difficulty on IAW. In fact, I would expect a motion from Peter Shurman. After all, is he, DiNovo, less interested in the human rights of Islamic Canadians and the majority people of the ME? Why would that be?

Fidel

What about David Miller? What's the socialist mayor of Toronto said about AIW? Get him out of there, too. Fewer NDPers in Ontario will surely translate to a better way of life for Palestinians and Muslims under attack by the vicious empire everywhere. Those damned NDPers spoil it for everyone involved. EVERY one!

And while we're at it, why haven't Catholics condemned Ann Coulter? The order of grey ladies are slacking on Coulter, too. Let's clean house. Let's get these show trials on the road, because everyone is guilty whether they admit it or not. Let's wage phony war against everyone and their dogs.

Unionist

Fidel seems to have only two or three algorithms for these posts. Time for an upgrade.

Anyway, I've checked Cheri's FB page, and she doesn't allow comments any more, so I guess someone will have to email, phone, or visit her to ask if she'll stand up and be as eloquent against Islamophobia as she was against the pro-Palestinian folks.

 

Fidel

It's official! We're waging holy-old anticommonist jihad against Dinovo and the ONDP. We got yer backs over there on the other side o the world, Palestinians. The rest of the Muslim world under attack will have to wait until the left gets its shit together though, because we've got a job to do on Cheri Dinovo and the ONDP.

NDPP

Fidel wrote:

What about David Miller? What's the socialist mayor of Toronto said about AIW? Get him out of there, too. Fewer NDPers in Ontario will surely translate to a better way of life for Palestinians and Muslims under attack by the vicious empire everywhere. Those damned NDPers spoil it for everyone involved. EVERY one!

And while we're at it, why haven't Catholics condemned Ann Coulter? The order of grey ladies are slacking on Coulter, too. Let's clean house. Let's get these show trials on the road, because everyone is guilty whether they admit it or not. Let's wage phony war against everyone and their dogs.

NDPP

Re: the visit of US war criminals and hatemongers

absolutely so - why shouldn't we expect so-called leaders in our community to express themselves on matters of very great importance to all? Yes, David Miller should support IAW. Yes so should the Catholic and other religious and spiritual communities. And everyone else too because it's the right thing to do. It's a horrible international criminal outrage of astronomical proportions being perpetrated openly before us and nobody wants to talk about it.  And the reason is because it's also going on right here where the ability to clench the eyes, ears and nostrils tightly has been developed to the utmost.  Damn right people should be screaming it out incessantly until the rulers get the message Why should we not expect people, especially those that would presume to 'represent' us as 'one of us'? So yes, beware above all in wolves in sheep's clothing. Your constant excuses for their great and criminal inadequacies at this point in history are simply unsupportable.

Unionist

Fidel wrote:

It's official! We're waging holy-old anticommonist jihad against Dinovo and the ONDP. We got yer backs over there on the other side o the world, Palestinians. The rest of the Muslim world under attack will have to wait until the left gets its shit together though, because we've got a job to do on Cheri Dinovo and the ONDP.

Algorithm #3. Please press "upgrade" to download  the latest version of this software.

Fidel

The older Afghan person flipping pizzas down the street from me hasn't said anything about AIW or Ann Fucking Coulter to me or even a mention of Israel either. I think he's just fed up with the stoogeocracy in Ottawa in general. I think people here are actually fed up with the colonial administrators in the Capital, too. And we know they are frustrated when they start jumping on the third political party in Ontario for what's wrong on the other side of the world.

Stargazer

Algorithm #4?

George Victor

Make that "desperately frustrated, Fidel. The individual becomes easy pickings in that atmosphere.

Fidel

Who in hell is Ann Coulter anyway? Is she a neocon cheerleader and whacko who believes they were attacked by an unseen enemy on 9/11 Tonkin Gulf style? FFS!

The only Canadians who are going to listen to meatheads like Ann Coulter are meathead in-kind Canaidians. They are lost causes anyway.

Who's afraid of the bogeyman? Not me, and not the NDP.

 

NDPP

doublepost deleted

Frustrated Mess Frustrated Mess's picture

Algorithm #5. Internal loop.

Fidel

Why does Ann Coulter have Canadians in a lather anyway? Has it suddenly dawned on frozen hosers that there exists a powerful group of rightwing whackos nextdoor and funding a global propaganda machine that would have been the envy of Goebbels and the Nazis? HEL-lo? We'll show the bastards next election. We'll elect our very own wing number two of the same party of warmongering plutocrats in Ottawa next time. They aren't going to influence elections in Bananada anytime soon.

Unionist

Omigod, that last algorithm sent my computer straight to [url=http://notontheweb.jottit.com/]here[/url] - read it carefully!

 

Frustrated Mess Frustrated Mess's picture

Fidel

Unionist wrote:
Omigod, that last algorithm sent my computer straight to [url=http://notontheweb.jottit.com/]here[/url] - read it carefully!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/rabblerabble/a1828743-223-screwba...

remind remind's picture

Frustrated Mess wrote:
Algorithm #5. Internal loop.

Well...to be fair, 5 is more than the 3 that you showed you have.... ;0

 

 

Unionist

Huh?

Oh, thread toss!

Yeah, you're the expert at that, Fidel.

Fidel

You people might want to examine your own idiot logic that has you blaming the provincial NDP in Ontario for our federal stoogeocrats uncle sam arse-kissing and boot-licking ways. And when our federal Liber-Tories aren't licking, their puckering up for a smoochathon el grande.

There'd be fits and starts if Newt Gingrich ever travelled to Canada to talk about how crazy Jorge de la yayo launched a phony war on terror and created a divided among the American right today. And he'd tell us how the US needs to develop a sustainable energy plan for the future that doesn't include bombing and invading oil-rich countries. Hoser-whackos might be somewhat confused over that one.

Fidel

The ONDP hasn't said anything about the shortage of pickled walnuts in Tuvalu. I think we should all write strongly worded letters to the party. Those cruel and insensitive bastards!

Unionist

Fidel wrote:

The ONDP hasn't said anything about the shortage of pickled walnuts in Tuvalu.

You're very, very confused.

The ONDP condemned Shurman's filthy anti-IAW motion.

It's Cheri DiNovo who not only supported it, but continues to this day to defy her leader and her party in her brazen attack against Ontario youth and students, and the liberation of the Palestinian people.

It is she - not the ONDP - who must either reconsider her sin, or stand condemned by progressive people like you and I.

Or do you support DiNovo and oppose Horwath - like our resident apologists for the Israeli mass murderers? Like the B'nai Brith? I hope not, Fidel.

 

 

N.Beltov N.Beltov's picture

Wait! What about Fidel's very important point about Tuvalian pickled walnuts? I understand it has something to do with sending troops to Sudan instead of Afghanistan.

Fidel

I think Canada's interest in what goes on in Israel is a federal issue. Provincial governments*(and not third political parties) have the power to tweak taxes, administer health care and public services, regulate a little as long as it doesn't cross the line with CUSFTA-NAFTA etc.

But if we can't prevent US-made handguns from pouring into country,  or so much as stop the US takeover of Canadian economy and culture, then how in hell can we expect to stop the flow of US propaganda into Bananada? And it's not even our country anymore. Not really. The yokes on Canadians who think theyve won a big victory with sending Ann Coulter packing. I think the Yanks must be laughing their heads off over this alleged incident. Theyve stolen our country, and all that's left for them at this point is to wait for a generation or two of Canadians to snuff it before they take title of the deed to Bananada. But this protest is too little too late I'm afraid. I'm actually surprised we aren't sending financial and military aid to the Israeli government ourselves by now. Canadians and Israelis have something in common now since 9/11, and it has nothing to do with our reputation for being peacemongers.

Unionist

Fidel wrote:
The yokes on Canadians who think theyve won a big victory with sending Ann Coulter packing.

Aha, I see - you're ridiculing the youth and students who stood up inside and outside Coulter's meeting rooms and proudly defended the principles that Canadians hold dear.

You can explain to them that they won nothing. They're a bunch of losers. They don't realize that we are powerless, because the U.S. and its stooges still rule the roost.

You can perhaps go preach to them to shut their mouths and just vote for the NDP.

You have much to learn from our youth. We all do. Courage, speaking your mind, affirming principles even when all looks bleak.

By the way, [url=http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=106765122679368]the Facebook group[/url] has over 1,000 members, and every single one of them disagrees with you. They are our future.

 

N.Beltov N.Beltov's picture

Fidel, you're taking a horrible pounding. TAke a bathroom break or something.

Fidel

And I hope they are really pissed off at some point when they realize just how badly theyve been betrayed over the last 35 years.

Fidel

N.Beltov wrote:

Fidel, you're taking a horrible pounding. TAke a bathroom break or something.

Youre funny. I've got them outnumbered again as usual. But thanks for the offer of help. Maybe next time?  Wink

Unionist

Fidel wrote:

And I hope they are really pissed off at some point when they realize just how badly theyve been betrayed over the last 35 years.

Sounds like a confession. What a sad statement.

Frustrated Mess Frustrated Mess's picture

Unionist wrote:

Or do you support DiNovo and oppose Horwath - like our resident apologists for the Israeli mass murderers? Like the B'nai Brith? I hope not, Fidel.

Fidel wrote:

I think Canada's interest in what goes on in Israel is a federal issue. Provincial governments*(and not third political parties) have the power to tweak taxes, administer health care and public services, regulate a little as long as it doesn't cross the line with CUSFTA-NAFTA etc.

Translation: Not being able to provide a logical answer, I'll bait and switch ...

Isn't US foreign policy a federal issue? Just asking ...

 

Fidel

And this is another one of their crazy threads and made-up issues. Imagine if they were arguing in one of my threads, and on my terms? I think they'd have to call in recruits. I find their interest in all things Ontario is somewhat selective most of the time.

Fidel

Unionist wrote:

Fidel wrote:

And I hope they are really pissed off at some point when they realize just how badly theyve been betrayed over the last 35 years.

Sounds like a confession. What a sad statement.

And whenever you do have something really clever to say, I'm sure youll share it with us.

Frustrated Mess Frustrated Mess's picture

Sneaky devil.

Frustrated Mess Frustrated Mess's picture

Fidel wrote:

Frustrated Mess wrote:
Isn't US foreign policy a federal issue? Just asking ...

No Israel controls the US and the world. Doncha know?

If you say so ... but barring immediate access to a tin foil hat ... I don't see how that answers the question.

Unionist

[whoops]

Unionist

Fidel wrote:

I find their interest in all things Ontario is somewhat selective most of the time.

Yeah, why do they single out Ontario?

What about Sudan, Iran, North Korea, and Tuvalu?

There is only one possible explanation:

They are trying to delegitimize Ontario - the only vibrant democracy in the Middle West.

 

Frustrated Mess Frustrated Mess's picture

Unionist wrote:

Fidel wrote:

I find their interest in all things Ontario is somewhat selective most of the time.

Yeah, why do they single out Ontario?

What about Sudan, Iran, North Korea, and Tuvalu?

There is only one possible explanation:

They are trying to delegitimize Ontario - the only vibrant democracy in the Middle West.

It's anti-ondipperism.

Fidel

Frustrated Mess wrote:
Isn't US foreign policy a federal issue? Just asking ...

No Israel controls the US and the world. Doncha know? Our stooges in Ottawa delegate ministerial duties to Warshington whenever Israel is tied up with battling Al and Qaeda in Afghanistan, Iraq, Yemen, etc or wherever terrorists ordinary people threatening their stooges with democracy in the Israeli client states. This stuff is real hard, we know.

Pages