School shopping in Ontario; the sequel

124 posts / 0 new
Last post
remind remind's picture

Unionist wrote:
This thread isn't even in North America any more.
  Good point! ;)

RevolutionPlease RevolutionPlease's picture

Terrible slide-step.

RevolutionPlease RevolutionPlease's picture

It's Me D wrote:

North America

 

remind remind's picture

Oh give me a break, the Caribbean is not North America. It is The Caribbean and has its own tectonic plate even, as Its me d indicated. It is as much a part of North America as New Zealand is part of Austrailia, and that is not at all. Central America is not even considered to be a part of North America and  it shares a plate.

 

RevolutionPlease RevolutionPlease's picture

Bob Marley came from the Caribbean.

 

Check it out.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEQXvsQJVnY

RevolutionPlease RevolutionPlease's picture

Is it still me not getting it?

RevolutionPlease RevolutionPlease's picture

Buffalo soldier, dreadlock rasta:
There was a buffalo soldier in the heart of america,
Stolen from africa, brought to america,
Fighting on arrival, fighting for survival.

I mean it, when I analyze the stench -
To me it makes a lot of sense:
How the dreadlock rasta was the buffalo soldier,
And he was taken from africa, brought to america,
Fighting on arrival, fighting for survival.

Said he was a buffalo soldier, dreadlock rasta -
Buffalo soldier in the heart of america.

If you know your history,
Then you would know where you coming from,
Then you wouldnt have to ask me,
Who the eck do I think I am.

Im just a buffalo soldier in the heart of america,
Stolen from africa, brought to america,
Said he was fighting on arrival, fighting for survival;
Said he was a buffalo soldier win the war for america.

Dreadie, woy yoy yoy, woy yoy-yoy yoy,
Woy yoy yoy yoy, yoy yoy-yoy yoy!
Woy yoy yoy, woy yoy-yoy yoy,
Woy yoy yoy yoy, yoy yoy-yoy yoy!
Buffalo soldier troddin through the land, wo-ho-ooh!
Said he wanna ran, then you wanna hand,
Troddin through the land, yea-hea, yea-ea.

Said he was a buffalo soldier win the war for america;
Buffalo soldier, dreadlock rasta,
Fighting on arrival, fighting for survival;
Driven from the mainland to the heart of the caribbean.

Singing, woy yoy yoy, woy yoy-yoy yoy,
Woy yoy yoy yoy, yoy yoy-yoy yoy!
Woy yoy yoy, woy yoy-yoy yoy,
Woy yoy yoy yoy, yoy yoy-yoy yoy!

Troddin through san juan in the arms of america;
Troddin through jamaica, a buffalo soldier# -
Fighting on arrival, fighting for survival:
Buffalo soldier, dreadlock rasta.

Woy yoy yoy, woy yoy-yoy yoy,
Woy yoy yoy yoy, yoy yoy-yoy yoy!
Woy yoy yoy, woy yoy-yoy yoy,
Woy yoy yoy yoy, yoy yoy-yoy yoy! /fadeout/

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Driven from the mainland to the heart of the caribbean.

remind remind's picture

Can't check it out, can't do youtube on my comp, and can't come back to this thread either now, because of the repeated map postings.  Took forever to load. Dial up sucks.

RevolutionPlease RevolutionPlease's picture
RevolutionPlease RevolutionPlease's picture

As I expected, thank goodness.

RevolutionPlease RevolutionPlease's picture
RevolutionPlease RevolutionPlease's picture
RevolutionPlease RevolutionPlease's picture
RevolutionPlease RevolutionPlease's picture

BTW, remind your false flag of dial-up issues is really self-serving.  Rarely have I seen it impede your ability to respond quickly.  A couple pictures does not a browser break, even dial-up.

RevolutionPlease RevolutionPlease's picture
Rexdale_Punjabi Rexdale_Punjabi's picture

Bookish Agrarian wrote:

RevolutionPlease wrote:

The hate still exists BA.  I hear it from white folk all the time.  Jeez y'all act like anythings really changed.

Well no guff, but if you think the casual racism of the past is anything like today, you are wrong.  Things today are not that great, but they are slightly better than it was.  Slightly.

You really think any of us are so stupid to not know we have only taken baby steps down the anti-racism road?

the cops still got the old mentality n the same "casual" racism reg ppl just use code words now. Like undisirables, those ghetto kind of ppl, minorities, foreigners, immigrants, thugs, criminals, "known to police", shit the media got loads that just what I can think of now there wayyy more. Anytime they talking about a problem ull see them in there lol

Makwa Makwa's picture

Rexdale_Punjabi: Please forgive me.  In attempting to reply to your excellent posting, I accidentally deleted it.  I have tried to reproduce it below, and I hope it is reasonably accurate:

Rexdale_Punjabi Wrote:

Quote:
Oh give me a break, the Caribbean is not North America. It is The Caribbean and has its own tectonic plate even, as Its me d indicated. It is as much a part of North America as New Zealand is part of Austrailia, and that is not at all. Central America is not even considered to be a part of North America andit shares a plate. 


fucc plates do you realize most of the continents today dont go by that it all politics. Guyana in the carib even tho it on mainland south america. Europe for the most part if attached to the eurasian plate n yet it a dif continent.

edit- MakwaI never claimed I was afro-caribbean. I stated im from East Africa. The dif is if I claimed I was west african, n from the caribbean it would be false I stated my ancestry. Im not west african Im east. That aint a claim I aint gonna post my history n shit on this I posted a lil bit, it made remid look stupid and she continues to try and argue and has now changed the subject to south asians not even in north america but USA n Canada. That topic came up cuz I said we gonna take bacc what ours and remind obv cant think outside of canada and usa. The fact that you use those 2 countries instead of w.e name ur ppl had for them shows u just briainwashed, and u like whoopi goldberg, or some other sellout on tv.

edit- And no Bookish Agrarian it doesnt carry hurt for you. Up till a couple days ago it did for me cops came up said all u niggers get against a wall. Searched us n shit Im like yo wtf is this u aint found shit, we aint done shit, n u aint got no right to do this. Muthafucca takes his baton smashes it into my chin. That hurt cuz. Not u saying that u hurt because you seen ur friend called that. I dont say nigger str8 up. Fucc that word we stopped usin it.

edit- Remind as for the slavery part there a lot more cases which dont include the new world ( forgot the traditional names) of ppl from east africa bein enslaved gypsies aka roma is one of them. All u did was change the argument because ur claim that my statement is false got turned on its head. Now u on a next thing.

edit- sigh Remind ur first nations and yet u hold a strong belief that the british would really really let the indentured servants esp the regular ones go free afterwards. The sellout gandhi was against this shit callin it slavery and you trust their documents, remember all the european powers liked to do shit and then morally clear their name afterwards. Shit, u like ignorant white ppl we tellin you something but you like NOPE UR OPRESSOR DID NOT WRITE IT DOWN DO IT COULDNT BE TRUE.

edit- Final thing see Africa is bigger then west africa. Blacc is associated w/ West africa because to north america most of the african slaves were west african. Im not claiming im african. Im stataing it if I was gonna try and pretend to be afro-carib like jamaican or some shit why would my name include my language/tribal&ethinic group? This aint a debate yall can win I know my history and real talks I dont give a fucc what ppl on this think why? Yall can ban me, shut down my computer, w.e dont change my ancestry and culture do it? See I dont know how this whole you can be sum1 else on the internet thing works I dont see the point in trying. Im from the Rex, Im blacc that my race, My 1st language is punjabi, my ethnicity is also Punjabi. Im done arguing cuz there was noting to argue about I was trying to shed light on something that the person who I was talking to has obv complelty shut their mind to, and can't look past 2 countries.

India is not even the name given to it by us and largely because of rebels controlling it 75% of what u see on the map as india is not under government control. We takin this shit bacc. All india is, is the same thing some latin american countries became a couple decades ago right-wing puppet states of america where there was warfare, tho rarely reported, mass poverty which very evident, and bein played against other countries in the region for american profit. All it is, for all the shit they talk about devolopment most of the money has gone into the hands of a few. Just because a corporation comes and adds lets say 10billion to the economy. Do you think the worker gettin paid literally .50 cents a day for adults gives a shit do you think it affects him? Most ppl still don't know where the next meal is coming from str88 up. And I shown b4 how the farmers now in debt for the huge part and basically slaves of GMO seed corps. India, by and large in the hearts and minds of ppl and in a reality tip if you lookin at gov control of regions does not exist. Not gonna say the traditional names on this tho and there a lot think about how many languages and dialects there are.

My reply to you was to have been:

Makwa Wrote:

Quote:
My mistake, I'm afraid I missed that statement.  I must have misconstrued something else said by someone, or simply made it up in my head, my apologies.  I stand corrected.  When I refer to Canada and the USA/Mexico etc, I will typically refer to Turtle Island, but not always.  I have been taught by my elders that the aboriginal terms used for Asia and Africa are the medicine wheel colours for east and south, i.e. the yellow lands and the black lands, although I don't imagine this would be widely known.  It is true that I was raised in the Canadian Educational system, and have only a little traiditional knowledge - partly because of the racist practices of the state which purposefully seperated me from my people when I was quite young.  Nonetheless, it does remind me to be more diligent in seeking out wisdom from my elders now.

Again, my apologiies for messing up a detailed and thoughtful post.

Bookish Agrarian

And no Bookish Agrarian it doesnt carry hurt for you

 

I made no such claim for myself. Perhaps instead of proving how tough you are all the time you could actually read what others write.

Rexdale_Punjabi Rexdale_Punjabi's picture

Makwa wrote:

Rexdale_Punjabi: Please forgive me.  In attempting to reply to your excellent posting, I accidentally deleted it.  I have tried to reproduce it below, and I hope it is reasonably accurate:

Rexdale_Punjabi Wrote:

Quote:
Oh give me a break, the Caribbean is not North America. It is The Caribbean and has its own tectonic plate even, as Its me d indicated. It is as much a part of North America as New Zealand is part of Austrailia, and that is not at all. Central America is not even considered to be a part of North America andit shares a plate. 


fucc plates do you realize most of the continents today dont go by that it all politics. Guyana in the carib even tho it on mainland south america. Europe for the most part if attached to the eurasian plate n yet it a "dif" continent.

edit- MakwaI never claimed I was afro-caribbean. I stated im from East Africa. The dif is if I claimed I was west african, n from the caribbean it would be false I stated my ancestry. Im not west african Im east. That aint a claim I aint gonna post my history n shit on this I posted a lil bit, it made remid look stupid and she continues to try and argue and has now changed the subject to south asians not even in north america but USA n Canada. That topic came up cuz I said we gonna take bacc what ours and remind obv cant think outside of canada and usa. The fact that you use those 2 countries instead of w.e name ur ppl had for them shows u just briainwashed, and u like whoopi goldberg, or some other sellout on tv.

edit- And no Bookish Agrarian it doesnt carry hurt for you. Up till a couple days ago it did for me cops came up said all u niggers get against a wall. Searched us n shit Im like yo wtf is this u aint found shit, we aint done shit, n u aint got no right to do this. Muthafucca takes his baton smashes it into my chin. That hurt cuz. Not u saying that u hurt because you seen ur friend called that. I dont say nigger str8 up. Fucc that word we stopped usin it.

edit- Remind as for the slavery part there a lot more cases which dont include the "new" world ( forgot the traditional names) of ppl from east africa bein enslaved gypsies aka roma is one of them. All u did was change the argument because ur claim that my statement is false got turned on its head. Now u on a next thing.

edit- sigh Remind ur first nations and yet u hold a strong belief that the british would really really let the indentured servants esp the regular ones go free afterwards. The sellout gandhi was against this shit callin it slavery and you trust their documents, remember all the european powers liked to do shit and then morally clear their name afterwards. Shit, u like ignorant white ppl we tellin you something but you like NOPE UR OPRESSOR DID NOT WRITE IT DOWN DO IT COULDNT BE TRUE.

edit- Final thing see Africa is bigger then west africa. Blacc is associated w/ West africa because to north america most of the african slaves were west african. Im not claiming im african. Im stataing it if I was gonna try and pretend to be afro-carib like jamaican or some shit why would my name include my language/tribal&ethinic group? This aint a debate yall can win I know my history and real talks I dont give a fucc what ppl on this think why? Yall can ban me, shut down my computer, w.e dont change my ancestry and culture do it? See I dont know how this whole you can be sum1 else on the internet thing works I dont see the point in trying. Im from the Rex, Im blacc that my race, My 1st language is punjabi, my ethnicity is also Punjabi. Im done arguing cuz there was noting to argue about I was trying to shed light on something that the person who I was talking to has obv complelty shut their mind to, and can't look past 2 countries.

India is not even the name given to it by us and largely because of rebels controlling it 75% of what u see on the map as "india" is not under government control. We takin this shit bacc. All "india" is, is the same thing some latin american countries became a couple decades ago right-wing puppet states of america where there was warfare, tho rarely reported, mass poverty which very evident, and bein played against other countries in the region for american profit. All it is, for all the shit they talk about devolopment most of the money has gone into the hands of a few. Just because a corporation comes and "adds" lets say 10billion to the economy. Do you think the worker gettin paid literally .50 cents a day for adults gives a shit do you think it affects him? Most ppl still don't know where the next meal is coming from str88 up. And I shown b4 how the farmers now in debt for the huge part and basically slaves of GMO seed corps. India, by and large in the hearts and minds of ppl and in a reality tip if you lookin at gov control of regions does not exist. Not gonna say the traditional names on this tho and there a lot think about how many languages and dialects there are.

My reply to you was to have been:

Makwa Wrote:

Quote:
My mistake, I'm afraid I missed that statement.  I must have misconstrued something else said by someone, or simply made it up in my head, my apologies.  I stand corrected.  When I refer to Canada and the USA/Mexico etc, I will typically refer to Turtle Island, but not always.  I have been taught by my elders that the aboriginal terms used for Asia and Africa are the medicine wheel colours for east and south, i.e. the yellow lands and the black lands, although I don't imagine this would be widely known.  It is true that I was raised in the Canadian Educational system, and have only a little traiditional knowledge - partly because of the racist practices of the state which purposefully seperated me from my people when I was quite young.  Nonetheless, it does remind me to be more diligent in seeking out wisdom from my elders now.

Again, my apologiies for messing up a detailed and thoughtful post.

 

ye but realize that there u go the yellow lands and the blacc lands. There native legends of a white eagle comin n fuccin up a red eagle and a blacc eagle comin n freein it n sendin the white eagle bacc to the caves. Many of the natives knew about it

 

http://www.youtube.com/user/RevolutionaryINK

 

checc that channel out explains the ancient south n central americans and where that stuff comes from. Realize that up till the arab invasions the mid east and what you would call south asia were and still are a part of africa. The mid east has largely been taken over by arabs but in east africa's case it's only the very north part such as southern afganistan and pakistan is mixed. The modern state of india is a african state. Southeast Asians for the most part are a mix between the negrito tribes, east africans, and east asians more or less of each depending on area and they look it. Checc out the channel btw and go to the untold history