Aliens Land!

103 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jingles
Aliens Land!
Jingles

A thread to discuss ufo's, aliens, and whatnot.

Let's say that an alien spacecraft actually did crash land in Roswell, NM in June 1947. Given this, we will know at least three things:

1. Aliens have highly advanced technology

2. Aliens have the ability to travel vast distances through space.

3. Aliens have visited earth.

 

With these three things, we can now ask:

1. If aliens have the ability to travel vast distances, then why only land on a restricted US military base and not, say Times Square, or Mecca, or the Champs d'Eleysees? Why not repeated landings all over the place?

2. If they have visited Earth once before, why haven't they returned? Why stop in 1947? Why not today?

3 If they have advanced technology, why haven't they attempted to recover their lost, and presumably highly valuable craft?

In addition, we can make some conjectures as to the nature of the beings:

1. They are either highly trained personnel, with highly demanding training to use such technologies, under the direction of an intricate command and control structure or

2. They are the equivalent of bubbas joy riding in their 4 x 4's across the galaxy.

If (1) then where is the:

1. Search and rescue 

2. Follow up to determine their fate

If (2) then

1. Where are the other Bubbas?

-----------------------------------

Now, if they crashed in area 51, in Roswell NM, in 1947, what's stopping them from returning? A fear of the mighty US military (whose greatest technological accomplishment as of 1947 was a computer the size of a city block)?

What possible technological advantage has a crashed interstellar spacecraft provide the US that allows them to maintain such a stranglehold on the planet; Tang or Velcro?

The mighty US military has been defeated in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan by peasant rebellions. Where is the reverse engineered warp drive bombers? Where is the impervious garments? Where is this magical space technology that arrived sixty years ago? 

Germany and Japan, presumably without the benefit of shitty alien drivers, managed to keep pace and/or outpace the US in technological development since the end of WWII. Where is all the cool shit we're presuming comes from capturing a priceless alien technology? When they captured ME262s during the final days of the war, they immediately began to tear them apart to learn their secrets, which showed up rather quickly in the Meteor and the F-86. Where are our interstellar spacecraft that one would assume show up after a few scientists kicked the tires of the alien craft?

 

 

E.Tamaran

Watch Independence Day or read Footfall. That's why.

6079_Smith_W

...and here I thought it was about "Harperland". The great Gazoo bears a slight resemblance, as a matter of fact.

absentia

I'm guessing Velcro. They couldn't understand the other stuff, or couldn't get the materials.

Seriously - all right, semi-seriously - there may have been any number of secret landings in various places. Maybe the aliens don't want to make contact (except that one gregarious green guy), and maybe they have good reason. Maybe they're surveying the place for a subdivision. Or doing art projects in oat fields. Or writing psych research papers. Or waiting for the last government standing, so they only have to deal with one bunch of lunatics.

It's possible. But i definitely don't believe they go around mutilating cattle and probing people. I have no evidence for rejecting that notion - just hoping they have better taste.

Fidel

Jingles wrote:
With these three things, we can now ask:

 

1. If aliens have the ability to travel vast distances, then why only land on a restricted US military base and not, say Times Square, or Mecca, or the Champs d'Eleysees? Why not repeated landings all over the place?

Yes, and why buzz a nuclear weapons test area in New Mexico in 1947 when they could have been checking out prized artwork at le Louvre in Paris and made monetarily valuable only to earthlings by filthy rich people only after the artists are dead and buried in paupers graves? It makes no sense to me either why they would not share the same cultural values as our richest and most powerful supreme beings here on earth? It's beyond belief really. Have they no sense of class?

 

Jingles wrote:
2. If they have visited Earth once before, why haven't they returned? Why stop in 1947? Why not today?

Project "Blue Book" and similar international UFO studies of sightings all beginning around the year 1947 reveals that they have. Everyone from farmers, police officers, military officials, commercial airline pilots, nurses, doctors, bricklayers, news reporters, children, Apollo astronauts and world leaders say so, too. In many an opinion, those people are more credible than someone who goes by the handle 'Jingles' on an internet forum. Ha! Gotcha. Of course, you don't want to know this when it's your intention to ignore the evidence in order to make mock of a serious subject.

Jingles wrote:
3 If they have advanced technology, why haven't they attempted to recover their lost, and presumably highly valuable craft?

We've lost a number of exploratory spacecraft on just the moon and Mars and never bothered to recover those. Why not? Would it not be cost effective to just abandon those lost vehicles and build more?

You're not a very good debunker, Jingles.

 

Jingles wrote:
Now, if they crashed in area 51, in Roswell NM, in 1947, what's stopping them from returning? A fear of the mighty US military (whose greatest technological accomplishment as of 1947 was a computer the size of a city block)?

Rendlesham Forest incidenct 1980 for one. The US Air Force officer in that Press Club meeting mentions that he was there and saw two amazing sightings that were hushed up by the military. Plenty more since 1947.

Jingles wrote:
What possible technological advantage has a crashed interstellar spacecraft provide the US that allows them to maintain such a stranglehold on the planet; Tang or Velcro?

That's not a very interesting question. I'll help you out. Here's a better one asked by clever debunking debunkers:

Why would advanced civlizations travel all this way to earth, maneuvering through asteroid belts and interstellar debris only to crash land at Roswell NM? Were they drunk? Tongue out

You have to admit that even I am better at this than you.

Jingles wrote:
Germany and Japan, presumably without the benefit of shitty alien drivers, managed to keep pace and/or outpace the US in technological development since the end of WWII. Where is all the cool shit we're presuming comes from capturing a priceless alien technology?

How many test pilots would attempt to fly 7000 mph and fly right angle turns without decelerating? Personally, I get a little queezy riding the tiltawhirl. Might try kingda ka coaster some day. But I can't imagine not tossing my cookies and blacking out well before mach 9.

al-Qa'bong

"Did a vehicle come from some where out there

Just to land in the Andes?

Was it round, and did it have a motor,

Or was it something diff'rent?"

 

One of my favourite Frank Zappa tunes: Inca Roads

Fidel

[url=http://www.aerospaceweb.org/aircraft/recon/sr71/]SR71 Blackbird[/url] Fastest manned aerial vehicle. Top speed mach 3 maybe 4 according to legend. The bird flew so hot that it changed colour by the time it was back on the ground. Fixed wing craft not too stable when changing direction 90 degrees at top speed. Prolly a suicide maneuver for the pilot.

Jingles

For a highly advanced technological race, they sure have a hard time avoiding the US military. Funny how that works. It's almost as if they just can't help themselves.

Quote:
It makes no sense to me either why they would not share the same cultural values as our richest and most powerful supreme beings here on earth? It's beyond belief really. Have they no sense of class?

Now you're ascribing motives to the aliens that you can't possibly know. Why land in a restricted military base rather than a highly populated city? If you were an alien, where would you go, New Mexico or Paris?

For someone who claims not to believe in lying governments, you put a lot of faith in the eyewitness testimony of former military intelligence operatives. 

You can believe the "testimony" of rum soaked former air force officers, or you can look for evidence. Your choice.

Quote:
We've lost a number of exploratory spacecraft on just the moon and Mars and never bothered to recover those. Why not? Would it not be cost effective to just abandon those lost vehicles and build more?

Please try making sense. In one instance you assert that aliens have visited and have continued to visit, yet are covered up by a vast conspiracy. In the next you assert that they'd just abandon their lost vehicle and crew? Make up your mind. Either they can come here repeatedly, or they can't.

What it comes down to is that there is no evidence. None, nada zip. Not a single goddamn singed blade of grass that one can point to as evidence. Just a lot of attention seekers, liers, con men, confused people, ignorant people, and hucksters trying to sell a load of shit to a lot of gullible people. 

What we see at work here is the same mentality that allows for religions to do their damage. I think it was Dawkins who called it "magical thinking". Transubstantiation or Area 51, it's the same malfunction of the brain that makes people believe stupid shit which makes them feel better about their lousy existence. 

I wonder if there's a crackpot story you won't believe. A little tip: if you get a letter from a Nigerian government official wanting to give you a million dollars, go for it! It's a chance of a lifetime!

Fidel

Jingles wrote:

For a highly advanced technological race, they sure have a hard time avoiding the US military. Funny how that works. It's almost as if they just can't help themselves.

Quote:
It makes no sense to me either why they would not share the same cultural values as our richest and most powerful supreme beings here on earth? It's beyond belief really. Have they no sense of class?

Now you're ascribing motives to the aliens that you can't possibly know. Why land in a restricted military base rather than a highly populated city? If you were an alien, where would you go, New Mexico or Paris?

If I was an alien in the 1940s, I might think the most significant thing about the earth is nuclear weapons testing. I can only speculate though. And maybe millions of ordinary people riding subways and street cars and going to work pushing paper and making widgets is just too mundane and blaze for visitors from out of town. I know rural folk here who have no desire to see Toronto or Montreal much less Paris or New York as exciting and bustling a cities as they may be. Personally I wouldn't mind visiting New York or even Tokyo. By what I can tell they are interesting cities according to the physical photographic and eye witness evidence.

I dunno, maybe they come here in '47 thinking we've got half a brain each, and some idiot named Jingles shoots them down. Or maybe the things were piloted by malfunctioning robots. Who knows why really?

Jingles wrote:
For someone who claims not to believe in lying governments, you put a lot of faith in the eyewitness testimony of former military intelligence operatives.

You can believe the "testimony" of rum soaked former air force officers, or you can look for evidence. Your choice.

Rum soaked air force officers who probably went to university or college, and some who graduated from US Air Force Academy, and some who climbed the ranks from lowly enlisted men, or sometimes they are known as worker-drones to classist elites. Some are former astronauts, like the former Gordon Cooper, and Apollo astronaut Ed Mitchell and a few more But again your only recourse here is to deny the evidence of real people who are slightly more well known than ourselves and some who have no real incentive to expose themselves to public ridicule as self important as we may believe our anonymous internet selves to be.

Jingles wrote:
Fidel wrote:
We've lost a number of exploratory spacecraft on just the moon and Mars and never bothered to recover those. Why not? Would it not be cost effective to just abandon those lost vehicles and build more?

Please try making sense. In one instance you assert that aliens have visited and have continued to visit, yet are covered up by a vast conspiracy. In the next you assert that they'd just abandon their lost vehicle and crew? Make up your mind. Either they can come here repeatedly, or they can't.

What if the most high tech equipment on those craft are self-replicating cyborgenetic androids ie. robots? What if the crashed saucers are merely scout vehicles carried here by much larger mother ships piloted by either alien beings or their highly intelligent organic robots?
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-replicating_spacecraft#Von_Neumann_pro... Neumann Probes?[/url]

Jingles wrote:
What it comes down to is that there is no evidence. None, nada zip. Not a single goddamn singed blade of grass that one can point to as evidence. Just a lot of attention seekers, liers, con men, confused people, ignorant people, and hucksters trying to sell a load of shit to a lot of gullible people.

The blade of grass detail - that's not true. They have left behind physical evidence. You just don't care to consider the evidence in favour of ranting on so like some down the liner type who missed his bran muffin this morning. Cranky much?

Jingles wrote:
What we see at work here is the same mentality that allows for religions to do their damage. I think it was Dawkins who called it "magical thinking". Transubstantiation or Area 51, it's the same malfunction of the brain that makes people believe stupid shit which makes them feel better about their lousy existence.

But I think you're just another guy who reads Dawkins and thinks he's a god for having tricked you out of your $19.95 or whatever. Have to admit that Dickery Dawkins is clever for sure.

Jingles wrote:
I wonder if there's a crackpot story you won't believe. A little tip: if you get a letter from a Nigerian government official wanting to give you a million dollars, go for it! It's a chance of a lifetime!

ha ha You make a lot of sense if we simply ignore a truckload of evidence. Other than that you're a laff riot, Jingles. You're a valuable member of team "la la la la we can't HEAR you" debonky debunkers. "Rum soaked" former officers, ha that's a good one. What about people just like your comedic self who have seen and photographed the same things? Or can we also assume that everyone who looks and sounds like a Jingles is a rum soaked internet knowitall and not to be believed with regard to anything much? If everyone and his dog is a lying liar for no apparent reason, then how can we trust anyone? Why not just be shut-ins for the rest of our lives and never venture out to be mailbox out of a lack of curiosity in just about everything under the sun? You're a hoot. And thanx for the laffs.

autoworker autoworker's picture

6079_Smith_W wrote:

...and here I thought it was about "Harperland". The great Gazoo bears a slight resemblance, as a matter of fact.

Actually, the resemblance is uncanny-- but Harper would need a larger helmet!

alien

You fools!

Here I am among you, in plain sight, and you doubt aliens?

absentia

Oh, do stop showing off and put your uniform back on.

alien

This is my uniform!

I have tentacles inside...many tentacles.

Noah_Scape

FZ: Why don't you sharpen it then?

{thank you, Al-Q, for that Zap!! I am listening to it now...}

Link to lyrics> http://www.lyricsfreak.com/f/frank+zappa/inca+roads_20056784.html

---

Frankly dear, I don't crash MY spacecraft

---

  Alien technology exists in the computer you are sitting in front of. Can anyone explain how the images show up without a projector? Sure, text is easy code, but the images? Gotta be alien, man.

Bill Gates is a reptile, in cahoots with the aliens. They are quietly working behind the scenes to take over earth so they can have the tar sands for themselves!!

- see this link for his "vaccines are for population reduction" article > http://www.naturalnews.com/029911_vaccines_Bill_Gates.html

Fidel

[url=http://spooftimes.com/NewsDetail.aspx?articleId=b4225fbe-e0e5-4935-8e62-... Gas Sighting Debunked as UFO[/url]

Quote:
PHOENIX, AZ- Witnesses claim to have seen the rare phenomena of 'swamp gas' hovering over Phoenix Wednesday night. Hundreds of calls came in to the Phoenix Sherriff's Office describing the mysterious phenomena.

"I guess you could say we were 'swamped," joked Sheriff Randy Kracker.

Ben Simons, spokesman for the local group "People for Swamp Gas Disclosure" didn't take the incident so lightly.

"Outrage...That's all I can say about our local and federal government's reaction to this amazing phenomena. I simply cannot believe they can ignore swamp gas any longer, especially when it's right there for everyone to see, like Wednesday night!"

Officials from nearby Luke Airforce Base have responded with striking disagreement about Wednesday night's events.

"This was just another case of an unidentified flying object, or 'U.F.O." as we call them. UFO's are absolutely harmless and certainly nothing to get too excited about," said Commander Brent Tooly, investigator of U.S. airspace violations.

Believers cite evidence of swamp gas going back to the 15th Century, but skeptics maintain most sightings can easily be explained as UFO's.

Fidel

[url=http://www.stantonfriedman.com/index.php?ptp=articles&fdt=2006.11.10&prt... UFO “WHY?” QUESTIONS[/url] Stanton Friedman

WHY would saucers crash?

Lard Tunderin Jeezus Lard Tunderin Jeezus's picture

I've always found Carl Sagan's theory on extraterrestrial life the most sensible (Googling, I find it was actually Drake's equation he adhered to). He postulated that although billions of worlds that support life must exist, that the chances of those worlds existing within transportation or even communicable distances of Earth were going to be rather rare - but that a few would likely exist. Unfortunately, when one looks at the tiny fraction of the world's existence during which technological civilization has existed, it is highly unlikely that two planets will have such an occurence at the same time, in the same vicinity of space.

So while I believe intelligent life exists out there, I don't believe that we will ever encounter it.

Pogo Pogo's picture

Moreover I think it is wrong to assume that all life evolves to higher levels of intelligence.  Take our history.  If a meteor had not struck earth, dinosaurs would still run the show, their time on this planet dwarfs ours.

Fidel

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ztl8CG3Sys]Carl Sagan on the Drake equation[/url]

It's dishearteningly realistic to hear Sagan speak of Drake parameters resulting in N=10 or fewer possible technical civilizations. But then things get interesting at 7:20 into Sagan's monologue. With one small difference, N then becomes millions of technically advanced civilizations.

Jingles

Exactly, LTJ. I think the fact that most people have no understanding, or ability to understand just how vast are the distances, and how long the timeframe, leads them to the same conclusions as the end-timers and the creationists. It's root is in the same narcissism that places themselves at the center of the universe. They cannot grasp Deep Time, they cannot grasp simple physics, and the limitations of technology are, well, alien to them.

It's much more flattering to think that a species from another part of the galaxy would bother to come all the way to earth to visit ME! The same way a supernatural being which created the very universe would care that your "soul" must live on for eternity. It's all rather childish, really.

Belief in aliens is just another variation on the magical thinking that gives rise to religions.

Quote:
Rum soaked air force officers who probably went to university or college, and some who graduated from US Air Force Academy, and some who climbed the ranks from lowly enlisted men, or sometimes they are known as worker-drones to classist elites.

Argument from authority. Why don't you quote this officer, this paragon of duty and honor:

Quote:
"I knew my [url=www.commondreams.org/headlines03/1016-01.htm]God[/url] was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real God and his was an idol."

If an "educated" officer says it, it must be true!

Ultimately, belief in visiting aliens is utterly pointless. If there were alien visitors, we would all know about them the same way we know about giant squid: very few people have ever seen one, but when they do, it's pretty fucking obvious what it is. And the bodies washing up on shore is what is called "physical evidence". Which is what UFO people don't have. At all. It just didn't happen, and nowhere has there been any evidence to the contrary. Ramblings of former officers means nothing. Show me the spaceship, or shut up already.

I am also puzzled by your constant allusions to elitism or classism, implying that I am somehow a class traitor or something. I don't know where that comes from, unless it's from a general palate of ad hominem from which you draw when you run out of former air force officers to quote.

 

Fidel

Pogo wrote:

Moreover I think it is wrong to assume that all life evolves to higher levels of intelligence.  Take our history.  If a meteor had not struck earth, dinosaurs would still run the show, their time on this planet dwarfs ours.

And I don't think scientists believe that all life out there will have evolved in the same way that it did here. It may be possible for lizards to have become the dominant form of life. Technically, lizards are classified under the 'animalia' kingdom as are humans, insects and so on. There could be some strange looking beings out there. Some scientists have even posited that extraterrestrial life may not all be carbon based life forms. Some may even be silicon based life, or perhaps life forms based on non-organic compounds.

It's expected that our own evolution will be radically effected by merging man and machine in the next few centuries. Will cyborgs be a temporary stage of human development before man becomes extinct and machines take over? Has it already happened on other planets? Could UFO's be piloted by spiritual, self-replicating machines combing the universe for all eternity?

Pogo Pogo's picture

I would think that if there is any long distance space travel it would automated.  Otherwise even in a frozen state there is a need to provide life support for an awful long time.  I could see Earth in 1000 years discovering conclusive proof of life on a far away planet and deciding to send a probe.

Fidel

Jingles wrote:
It's much more flattering to think that a species from another part of the galaxy would bother to come all the way to earth to visit ME!
I think they call it UFO envy. You're just jealous that they don't find you particularly interesting enough to buzz your backyard or give you a personal light show. Apparently UFO envy causes sucj side effects as referring to thousands of ordinary fellow human beings as pathological liars and delusional alcoholics who tell tall tales in order that they might be more easily ridiculed and labelled crazy by upstanding internet babblers with solid credentials and identifying themselves merely as Jingles. And we all know who Jingles is. He's the guy who drops into babble every once in a while, drops a few curse words as an appeal to his own potty mouthed authority, and generally sounds like he missed his bran muffin and morning coffee as usual.

And don't get me wrong about Jingles. Most of the time he posts some damn witty and all around entertaining comments from a leftwing POV. But some of his comments are not so well thought out. Of course, that's just my opinion

Fidel

Jingles wrote:
If an "educated" officer says it, it must be true! Ultimately, belief in visiting aliens is utterly pointless. If there were alien visitors, we would all know about them the same way we know about giant squid: /etc./ I don't know where that comes from, unless it's from a general palate of ad hominem from which you draw when you run out of former air force officers to quote.

Well SURE! Because we all know that US Air Force Officers who DO NOT report UFO's are the sane ones as opposed to these crazy Press Clubbers blowing the whistle on UFOs only AFTER they've left the world's most elite military force. And besides, we all know whistleblowing is encouraged by the US Government and all its various public agencies operating entirely on the basis of TOTAL transparency and accountability to the public. It's just these bad apples and nutters pointed to by Fidel who are trying to sully the good name of a vicious empire. And furthermore, we all know how much the US Air Force wants everyone to know how defenseless they are to foreign incursions of its air space. And the best way to do that is to provide incentives and bonuses to its often times inebriated officer corp to come forward with wild stories about UFOs disabling nuclear missile launchers for days at a time. Because the US Air Force's REAL agenda is to project an image of impotence in the face of any foreign presence however remote.

It all makes sense to us now. Thanx for setting us straight once again, Jingles. Where might we be without you lighting the way for us we can only guess.

Pope Teddywang Pope Teddywang's picture

I'm wondering if Rick Salutin was fired from the Globe for passing comment on Abudinejahd's remarks to the U.N. about Space Invaders ?

 'Course I'm just theorising.

Pope Teddywang Pope Teddywang's picture

The Last Straussian (excerpt from Salutin's last published piece):

"Leo Strauss," Salutin summarized, "was a German-Jewish thinker who escaped Hitler for the U.S. but despaired over the depravity that liberalism might lead to there as it had in Germany, after the liberal 1920s. He felt almost any means were valid to save Western civilization but, due to liberalism's strength, the strategy had to be cautious, secretive, even duplicitous, with the truth confined to an elite."

http://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2010/09/30/RickSalutinLastWords/

Sorry, I'm off topic.
Aliens Fake Own invasion, Seize Nuclear Codes Under False Pretences !
See:
http://www.shannonsullivan.com/drwho/serials/2005de.html

Jingles

Fidel, you're not making any sense. What do aliens have to do with the US empire? Why do you insist on believing that anyone who questions your beliefs does so because they are right wing supporters of Pax Americana?

*Sigh*

Quote:
Moreover I think it is wrong to assume that all life evolves to higher levels of intelligence.  Take our history.  If a meteor had not struck earth, dinosaurs would still run the show, their time on this planet dwarfs our

It's all part and parcel of Anthrosupremecist thinking. The belief that humans are the highest and best expression of evolution or creation. It's the same line of thought which thinks we couldn't have evolved from monkeys, because that would be beneath us. It would have been nice if that way of thinking died out after the Scopes monkey trial, but there it is. 

Out of ~4.5 billion years of the earths existence, Homo Sapiens Sapiens have been around for an eyeblink. For most of our history, we were hunter-gatherers in small bands using stone and bronze tools. Our technological age began with the domestication of plants and permanent settlements, but really only took off in the late 19th century. But we're supposed to believe out of all this time, aliens chose to appear just at that very period in history where near space travel became possible.  They chose to show up at the dawning of the nuclear age, when the space age was a fashion and a fad. Suddenly, space became a theme and a cultural touchstone, unlike at any other time or place in human history. So they show up at the height of the space craze, in the one place on earth where the fad had the most traction.

We're supposed to believe that, notwithstanding the previous 4 million years of humanity, at a time and place in history where American technological and imperial triumphalism was at its apex, suddenly we're visited by aliens only the US Air Force can see? That's a pretty big coincidence, ain't it?

Fidel

Jingles wrote:
Fidel, you're not making any sense. What do aliens have to do with the US empire? Why do you insist on believing that anyone who questions your beliefs does so because they are right wing supporters of Pax Americana?

Well it would look somewhat odd if only vicious empire central's rootin-tootin whistleblowers were the ONLY ones denying reports of UFOs, it's true. I suppose this is why the nutters and whackos have been so careful as to implant themselves in all of those other international government agencies as an elaborate plot to make those government defense agencies appear worthless and weak at the same time. Apparently even vicious empire's cold war nemesis, the Russians, have reported UFOs over their moose pastures by air force pilots and even cosmonauts and all. Man, we have to hand it to the nutters who must have thought to globalize this wild conspiracy theory in the wake of the end of a cold war. You have to admit that the crazies and inebriated air force officials minding the nukes and stuff have planned this one out pretty well. Do you still think it's a long running communist plot to make the US Air Farce look bad, Jingles? Maybe they're US Govminit HOLOGRAMS! A big hoax perpetrated by Pax Robertson, the CIA and Frank Zappa groupees to freak us out? ha ha

Weeeell videe vowdee voodee right away ....

 

Zappa wrote:
SCENE ONE ENTRANCE OF THE CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER Sometimes when you're not looking he just sneaks up on you. He looks like a cheap sort of flying saucer about five feet across with a snout-like megaphone apparatus in the front with two big eyes mounted like Appletons with miniature motorized frowning chrome eyebrows over them. Along the side of his disc-like body are several sets of stupid looking headers and exhaust hoses which apparently propel him and punctuate his dialogue with horrible smelling smoke rings. In the middle of his head we can see an airport wind sock and constantly twirling anemometer. etcetera

Sealed

Jingles

Quote:
Do you still think it's a long running communist plot to make the US Air Farce look bad, Jingles? 

I'd ask you what the fuck you're talking about, but it would just lead to more rambling stream-of-consciousness nonsense. I think I'll pass.

Quote:
So while I believe intelligent life exists out there, I don't believe that we will ever encounter it.

LTJ hits the nail on the head again. We're more likely to encounter a Perforated Messiah than the Great Gazoo.

Fidel

Jingles wrote:

Quote:
Do you still think it's a long running communist plot to make the US Air Farce look bad, Jingles? 

I'd ask you what the fuck you're talking about, but it would just lead to more rambling stream-of-consciousness nonsense. I think I'll pass.

Oh potty mouth! That's always a good debating style. Very convincing. And everyone who brings scorn on the US Air Farce is an inebriated potty mouth, too! 

I dunno why they don't just sit the saucers down on the White House lawn or something like dat dare. I mean it's not like there's any "shoot'em down" orders from the head of the Farce or anything. Our neighbors are not the trigger happy manyaks that everyone and his dog in Afghanistan and Iraq etc. believes they are. We all know from Jingles' comments that it's happy hour 24/7 as far as the US Air Farce is concerned. Maybe the visitors are extroverted and agoraphobic at the same time, or something. 

Jingles

I called it.

Fidel

And as for why alien Bubba crashed his earth excursion vehicle back in '47, there could be a plausible explanation for that, too. What if cosmic rays knocked a bit off one of the auto pilot sub programs stores on tape drive then? It's possible,

What if grey Bubba had the flu that day? I know I shouldn't drive when I'm under the influence of some of those over the counter snake oil remedies myself.

Or what if cowboy Bubba just wasn't used to flying in earth gravity? Come on! Cut 'em some slack why can't we? It's not like they're crashing all the time. It's not like earth gravity and all weather flying is exactly the same as interStella navigation in the deep black wide openness.

All we know is that real people from all walks of life and nationalities are seeing things which some of us have great difficulties believing ourselves without hard, empirical proof. And there is physical proof as we've mentioned before.

Jingles

Quote:
And there is physical proof as we've mentioned before.

What physical evidence? Lemme guess; "the US Air Force is hiding it".

Jingles

None of that is evidence. It's all hearsay and conjecture. "Paintings depicting UFOs"? Really? They painted dragons, unicorns, and devils too. I guess that's all the proof we need! And everybody knows that it's impossible to fake photos, or to misinterpret the image. They took pictures of ghosts at seances, should we start a thread about ghosts too? 

So, you're telling us that there is no physical evidence whatsoever. Not a damn thing. That's what I thought.

Fidel

Jingles wrote:

Quote:
And there is physical proof as we've mentioned before.

What physical evidence? Lemme guess; "the US Air Force is hiding it".

There exists:

1. Eye witness testimonies. Of course, you can scratch this as you don't trust anyone between the ages of 21 and 99.

2. Paintings depicting UFOs dating back centuries

3. Photographic evidence dating back to the 19th century

4. Video

5. RADAR records

All of that is considered empirical, physical evidence. Note I say evidence and not hard, irrefutable proof. And some people accused of being criminals have been given prison sentences and even put to death by circumstantial evidence. Sad but true.  UFO enthusiasts say the feds are hiding the good stuff from public scrutiny for a number of reasons we can only speculate on at this point.

Fidel

And make sure never to look at or comment on the evidence. This will enable you to say and repeat with impunity something along the lines of, "I have never seen any evidence to support your ridiculous claims." This method of refusing to even look through Galileo's telescope bought the Catholic Church and its inquisitors about 300 years worth of quality denialism.

[url=[/url]">http://www.ufocasebook.com/bestufopictures.html][IMG]http://img.photobuc...

[url=http://foia.fbi.gov/unusual.htm]The Real X-Files[/url]

 

6079_Smith_W

How about this pic - Vancouver City Hall, 1937

 

http://www.ufoevidence.org/photographs/section/pre1940/Photo136.htm

Fidel

6079_Smith_W wrote:

How about this pic - Vancouver City Hall, 1937

 

http://www.ufoevidence.org/photographs/section/pre1940/Photo136.htm

That Vancouver UFO looks like a little like this flier depicted in a 14th century crucifixion fresco at the monastery of Decani, Kosovo

[url=[/url]">http://www.srpskoblago.org/Archives/Decani/exhibits/Frescoes/Dome/ThirdL...

Bec.De.Corbin Bec.De.Corbin's picture

Jingles wrote:

Quote:
So while I believe intelligent life exists out there, I don't believe that we will ever encounter it.

LTJ hits the nail on the head again. We're more likely to encounter a Perforated Messiah than the Great Gazoo.

 

Actually I think we may someday talk to them via radio telescope or something.

radio telis

Also jingles the craft crashed on a ranch near Roswell New Mexico after/during a lighting storm; it didn't "land" at Area 51... just saying.Smile

Fidel

Boyd Bushman says he knew the pilot who shot it down... the UFO at Roswell that is. If so, then apparently they didn't anticipate encountering hostile avatars, or something.

So if invaders from Mars lost one of their bubba wingmen in '47, how many have the good guys lost? What are the chances that  experienced fighter pilots from the cold war era would fly dozens or hundreds of missions over Europe and even airspace over communist countries, and dogging it out with the best MIG pilots, and then return to the States only to [url=http://ufomagazine.forumotion.com/books-f21/my-review-of-shoot-them-down... land[/url] unceremoniously while chasing lights in the sky? Did homeys lose 20 of their ace Bubbas in one day?

My Cat Knows Better My Cat Knows Better's picture

Pogo wrote:

I would think that if there is any long distance space travel it would automated.  Otherwise even in a frozen state there is a need to provide life support for an awful long time.  I could see Earth in 1000 years discovering conclusive proof of life on a far away planet and deciding to send a probe.

Unless of course in a thousand years, human civilization is back to chasing small mammals with wooden spears. Time is also a factor, civilizations, come and go. Maybe the aliens are really looking for the Maya...

Jingles

Quote:
Actually I think we may someday talk to them via radio telescope or something.

Not a snowballs chance in hell.

Fidel

 Seth Shostak agrees with Pogo.

[url=http://www.astrobio.net/exclusive/3632/astronomer-seeks-et-machines]Astr... Seeks ET Machines[/url]

Quote:
“The continued exponential growth in computer power implies that even consumer-grade computers will have the processing power of a human brain by the year 2040,” he says.

If and when we do create true AI, it would surpass us quickly. An AI would have the power to self-direct its own evolution.

“If we build a machine with the intellectual capability of one human, then within 5 years, its successor is more intelligent than all humanity combined,” he says.

The window between a society’s technological birth and its shift to artificial intelligence is amazingly small.

Machines. Damn! It's no wonder we can't hear them. They could be machines speaking some kind of alien machine language. Or would the drones actually be a new species engineered by aliens? I don't think they would necessarily have to look like Robby the robot or Will Smith's companion, and prolly nothing like "Gort" What if the probes were engineered from organic material? Would aliens create an actual new species of being in their likeness? Expendable? Moral? Feelings? Smarter than all of humanity combined?

Fidel

Lard Tunderin Jeezus wrote:
So while I believe intelligent life exists out there, I don't believe that we will ever encounter it.

I think we've encountered them already, or rather, they've been observing us like zoologists would observe macaques and monkeys in the wild.

According to some scientists who apparently don't believe in the UFO phenomenon, our first encounter with an advanced civilization will likely be with what's known by Kardashev-Dyson as a type III civilization. We are still type zero. And the encounter would likely occur similar to the scenario depicted in the Stanley Kubrick movie, 2001:A Space Odyssey based on former scientist Arthur Clarke's book of the same name. If we ever make it to type II, then we should become immortal as a species ourselves. Type III status would come not so long after that given a modest growth rate of one percent per year. At which point the most efficient way of exploring outer space would be to send probes fanning out across the galaxy.

al-Qa'bong

I'm surprised no one has made the connexion between alien landings and the pod-person who is currently living in 24 Sussex Drive.

Fidel

Well I guess we can't say the Tories have held back in this regard.

[url=http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_flyingobjects61.htm]Ca... releases UFO X-Files to the World[/url]

 

Quote:
The Canadian Government has authorized open public access to thousands of federal government documents concerning UFOs. A total of 9500 digitized documents spanning the years 1947 to the early 1980s have been made available through the Library and Archives Canada website.

What the? 1947? Why would UFO reports begin in the year 1947?

Were Canadians seeing US Air Force's top secret ballons and crash test mannequins in the sky, too?

That's strange, because so do other western countries UFO archives begin in the year 1947. International mass hysteria? Is there ANY SPECIAL REASON they chose 1947 to start reporting UFO sightings?

Anyone know the answer? Anyone at all? Woohoo? Yew! Yes, you behind the bikes shed!

al-Qa'bong

In related news...

Quote:

The Science Centre is reviewing the footage frame-by-frame to determine whether Hickey-Jones' claim is legitimate. With closer examination, Science Centre staff is hoping to establish whether or not a genuine unicorn sighting has occurred.

In the meantime, the Science Centre is asking the public to use caution if they think they see a unicorn. Do not make any sudden movements or attempt to use flash photography. Although legends of unicorns state that they are peaceful creatures, scientists worry that they may harm themselves or others if they end up on a road or highway. The Ontario Science Centre has set up an emergency unicorn hotline for the public for further information on unicorns or to report any unusual or questionable sightings. The hotline number is 416-696-3260.

 

I heard they didn't get aboard Noah's Ark.

 

Fidel

Oh aye!

A long time ago, when the Earth was green,
There was more kinds of animals than you've ever seen.
And they ran about and played while the Earth was being born,
And the loveliest of all was the unicorn.

There was green alligators and long-necked geese,
Some humpty backed camels and some chimpanzees.
Some cats and rats and elephants, but sure as you're born,
The loveliest of all was the unicorn. - Irish Rovers

Fidel

[url=http://www.tcm.phy.cam.ac.uk/~bdj10/scepticism/drasin.html]Zen . . . And the Art of Debunkery[/url]

Zen of debunkery wrote:
HOW TO DEBUNK JUST ABOUT ANYTHING

Part 1: General Debunkery

<> Before commencing to debunk, prepare your equipment. Equipment needed: one armchair.

<> Put on the right face. Cultivate a condescending air that suggests that your personal opinions are backed by the full faith and credit of God. Employ vague, subjective, dismissive terms such as "ridiculous" or "trivial" in a manner that suggests they have the full force of scientific authority.

<> Portray science not as an open-ended process of discovery but as a holy war against unruly hordes of quackery- worshipping infidels. Since in war the ends justify the means, you may fudge, stretch or violate the scientific method, or even omit it entirely, in the name of defending the scientific method.

<> Keep your arguments as abstract and theoretical as possible. This will "send the message" that accepted theory overrides any actual evidence that might challenge it--and that therefore no such evidence is worth examining...

Hilarious!

absentia

Fidel wrote:

That's strange, because so do other western countries UFO archives begin in the year 1947. International mass hysteria? Is there ANY SPECIAL REASON they chose 1947 to start reporting UFO sightings?

Anyone know the answer? Anyone at all? Woohoo? Yew! Yes, you behind the bikes shed!

Reason #3:

The advancement of technology, particularly in aircraft, communication and tracking that took place during the war was just becoming known to civilian populations.

Reason #2:

Publications, such as Asimov's SF magazine and science fiction novels were becoming popular; the kids who grew up on this stuff were .. well... growing up... ish...

Reason #1

I landed on Earth

Pages

Topic locked