Bernie Sanders for President

789 posts / 0 new
Last post
MegB

Gustave wrote:

lagatta wrote:
Brachina, cut out the MRA stuff.

Please do not submit to that kind of authority. She's trying to impose her brand of feminism on you. For me, like a huge amount of men and women, feminism=movement for the equality of rights and opportunities between women and men. Lagatta has some other brand that says that you got to believe in patriarchy theory annd align yourself  with her on all ethical issues.

Sanders says it reasonably: we all all have different opinions on different issues, and that's a good thing. It does not make impossible to rally behind a political candidate. La politique est l'art du compromis.

It also seems that if you are wayving exactly the right flag, you're allowed to say any bs about men's rights activists. Lagatta, you say they threatened women in Montreal. Well, I bet you cannot name 10 Montreal MRA's. If you are looking for people you could call leading figures, one is in Trois-Rivières, the right leening Olivier Koeastlé, and an other one is in Québec, the psychologist Yvon Dallaire who some would call a social conservative because of his defense of the family institution. But then tell me what's the left feminist position on that.

I'm a huge fan of Sanders. I had great familly vacations with the kids in Burlington, a city he transformed, at least 6 different years. I think it's a bit hypocrite that he has fallen for the wage gap myth. He knows better then that, but it's politically necessary to keep the narrative going, especially against Clinton. But it's still a minor issue.

Anti-feminist and in violation of babble policy.

Brachina

Aristotleded24 wrote:

Brachina wrote:
lagatta wrote:

MRAs... I'm sure he has some White Supremacists supporting him somewhere, if you really want to drag through the muck of reaction. I wouldn't be too proud of support from sexist filth like MRAs.

The ad was talking about people in the US, not "North America". If he wants to stand as POTUS, not much reason he'd mention Canada or Mexico.

Comparing MRAs to White Supremacist is unfair and dishonest analogy. MRAs do not believe men are better then women. How many black people are leaders in the White Supremacists, yet some of the strongest and most popular leaders in the MRA movement are women.

Do you remember the Elliot Rodger shooting? Do you remember all the bile posted on MRA forums about how women are manipulative bitches and sluts who take advantage of men and won't sleep with "nice guys" like them, or in some cases even praising Rodger's actions because those bitches finally got what's coming to them?

 If your talking about Roosh V and return of kings, HE IS NOT AN MRA OR PUA, he just an asshole with a cult of personality around and he does not identify as an MRA and in fact he and his cult of tools have actively insulted MRAs and they're masculinity.

 He's the goof behind both the star wars and mad max boycotts that had nothing to do with MRAs yet got dumped on us. I loved Star Wars: Force Awakens and did not find Rey to be a Mary Sue, I'm not even a Star Wars fan, and Mad Max just sucked on its own merits, good fight scenes, but I only liked tumour guy's character and feel like everyone else was a dopy tool.

 He's also behind that pro rape bullshit that MRAs have nothing to do with. So please stop blaming us for Roosh V, most MRAs can't stand the guy.

lagatta

Well, he's admitted he's an MRA, so there's that. If I recall, I didn't mention Roosh; other babblers did.

Brachina

MegB wrote:

Gustave wrote:

lagatta wrote:
Brachina, cut out the MRA stuff.

Please do not submit to that kind of authority. She's trying to impose her brand of feminism on you. For me, like a huge amount of men and women, feminism=movement for the equality of rights and opportunities between women and men. Lagatta has some other brand that says that you got to believe in patriarchy theory annd align yourself  with her on all ethical issues.

Sanders says it reasonably: we all all have different opinions on different issues, and that's a good thing. It does not make impossible to rally behind a political candidate. La politique est l'art du compromis.

It also seems that if you are wayving exactly the right flag, you're allowed to say any bs about men's rights activists. Lagatta, you say they threatened women in Montreal. Well, I bet you cannot name 10 Montreal MRA's. If you are looking for people you could call leading figures, one is in Trois-Rivières, the right leening Olivier Koeastlé, and an other one is in Québec, the psychologist Yvon Dallaire who some would call a social conservative because of his defense of the family institution. But then tell me what's the left feminist position on that.

I'm a huge fan of Sanders. I had great familly vacations with the kids in Burlington, a city he transformed, at least 6 different years. I think it's a bit hypocrite that he has fallen for the wage gap myth. He knows better then that, but it's politically necessary to keep the narrative going, especially against Clinton. But it's still a minor issue.

Anti-feminist and in violation of babble policy.

 Fine Meg, enjoy your tyrannical challenge and fact free fiefdom. Its the mods like you that killed babble, I'm tired of hearing from fellow babblers, not just MRA inclined, because they're sick of the power abusing and inconsist actions of the mods. Look at how empty babblw is now, many of the best and brightest posters don't post here anymore.

 People like you are the cancer that infects the left and a far greater threat then any amount of Donald Trumps, Steven Harpers, or Ted Cruz's ever could be.

 Its people like you that got a Ryerson University MRA group blocked because some feminists "felt unsafe" even though no threats or violent actions were ever made, they just used "felt unsafe" to pathetically block and silence people who happened to have a different opinion then you.

 If I'm antifeminists people like you made me that way, I tried diplomancy and open friendship with feminists in the hopes of cooperation between MRAs and feminists towards equality instead of fueding, but I got told to shut the fuck up for my troubles.

 So I tell you what, enjoy the wasteland you turned rabble into. I just feel bad because there are few media outlets for the left, so its a shame to see one of the leading ones reduced to a shambling zombie.

 Bye.

 

Gustave

MegB

this is post 89 of this thread

lagatta wrote:
I'm an ecosocialist feminist. You probably have me classified as a "radical feminist", which I'm not, and when on occasion I've made comments at Feminist Current, obvious disagreements emerge. I don't particularly believe in the "aboltion of gender" and many other things their current espouses. We are at odds with them, and also with liberal feminists who accept capitcalist exploitation and commodification of women (or any other human beings). 

I knew both those MRAs and several others here, and their threats against feminists; the latter did not necessarily fall into one category.

As for your disbelief in the wage gap, that ... beggars belief.

What you say about me is a packet of lies. Va te faire foutre, charogne.

Bold added by me.

In case you don't read french, an english equivalent would be go fuck yourself, you piece of shit.

Is this in violation of babble policy?

If yes, are you expecting to deliver a reprimand to it's author?

 

MegB wrote:
Anti-feminist and in violation of babble policy.

It's probably a simple attention error, MegB, we are not in the feminist section here. You may find my message anti feminist when using your feminist section glasses. Otherwise, when we come back to reality, there is not one miligram of anti feminism in my comment. Is saying "wage gap is a myth" against Babble rules? Is not believing in patriarchy theory against Babble rules? Is accepting some MRAs fact based statements against Babble policies? 

I'll take that as an attention error.

 

Mr. Magoo Mr. Magoo's picture

If I'm not mistaken, Meg has commented on two posts in the last day or so, #102 in this thread being one of them.

If that's not clear evidence of being drunk on power, I don't know what is. 

What gives her the right to suggest to someone that they're over the line?  I mean besides babble's AUP, and her job description, and the fact that if some "troll" annoys us she's the one we expect to be awake at 5 a.m. on a Sunday to terminate said "troll" with extreme prejudice?

kropotkin1951 kropotkin1951's picture

Brachina wrote:

 If I'm antifeminists people like you made me that way, I tried diplomancy and open friendship with feminists in the hopes of cooperation between MRAs and feminists towards equality instead of fueding, but I got told to shut the fuck up for my troubles.

NorthReport

Thanks for your comments MegB

Let the ironic male tears fall: The “make rape legal” guys cancel meetups because they don’t feel safe

In hilarious news, Roosh V's "heterosexual, masculine men" will not be gathering in 43 countries this weekend

http://www.salon.com/2016/02/04/let_the_ironic_male_tears_fall_the_make_...

NorthReport

Who would be Sanders best choice for VP if, and I know if it a very, long shot, if he were to secure the Democratic nomination? 

Why This New Hampshire Democrat Is Throwing His Hat In The Ring For Sanders

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/cafe/new-hampshire-democrat-bernie-sanders

kropotkin1951 kropotkin1951's picture

I think he needs a strong woman to run with him. Congresswoman Gwendolynne S. Moore of Wisconsin’s 4th District might fit the bill nicely.

Quote:

Just as much of a joy to listen to as Elizabeth Warren, the congresswoman exhibits many qualities that are quite admirable for someone a socialist, populist, or liberal –in general- would like to share a ticket with. Govtrack.us also compiled enough research between the two to confirm -both Elizabeth and Gwen- have similar stances with but a quick comparison of their congressional voting histories. If the Warren presidential hopefuls want to see a similar candidate they should look no further than this congresswoman.

https://medium.com/milwaukee-motivated/bernie-should-consider-gwen-moore...

monty1

I think that even without the dirty tricks and possible murder of Sanders, as has been suggested by one poster on babble, there is no threat of him ever making it to the nomination. That country is just not ready for anything as enlightened as Sanders.

Perhaps a big part of the problem why some people are feeling encouraged is because the Iowa and N.H. endorsements are quite meaningless and not representative of the entire country. At least on the Dems side.

However, on the R side, it's becoming apparent now that Rubio is their establishment pretty boy to go all the way and the teabaggers and Trump are starting to fail. 

My prediction, Clinton and Rubio and Rubio gets the cake. Anybody else want to go out on a limb? Or is the gut feeling not there yet? 

NorthReport

--

NorthReport

Thanks krop yes indeed a ticket like that would be quite a positive change from what American voters have been used to.

iyraste1313

 there is no threat of him ever making it to the nomination. That country is just not ready for anything as enlightened as Sanders....

....as the US dollar begins to plunge...its oil industry, commodities tank...its financials start to panic, what with its exposure to Deutche Bank, e.g. the Italian banking industry now in collapse and with its Big banks over exposed to collapsing credit default swaps and other such monstrosities of the elite controllers, its real estate markets threatened, all inevitably leading to major stock collapse...and without access to liquidity and credit to keep the whole ponzi scam alive? Just watch!

Complaceny and denial will be overthrown!

NorthReport

Does the Washington Post influence many any more or are they just preaching to the converted?

Robert Reich: The Washington Post is lying to you about Bernie Sanders

A new editorial claims Sanders' proposal would reduce the quality of American healthcare. The notion is ludicrous

http://www.salon.com/2016/02/01/robert_reich_the_washington_post_has_ber...

monty1

iyraste1313 wrote:

 there is no threat of him ever making it to the nomination. That country is just not ready for anything as enlightened as Sanders....

....as the US dollar begins to plunge...its oil industry, commodities tank...its financials start to panic, what with its exposure to Deutche Bank, e.g. the Italian banking industry now in collapse and with its Big banks over exposed to collapsing credit default swaps and other such monstrosities of the elite controllers, its real estate markets threatened, all inevitably leading to major stock collapse...and without access to liquidity and credit to keep the whole ponzi scam alive? Just watch!

Complaceny and denial will be overthrown!

Sure do hope you're right but there is nothing the US can't do in the world today, with perhaps the exception of fulfilling their PNAC agenda on Syria and Iran. Or more correctly, most of anything where MAD comes into play. However, that roadblock could have good results for the future because it's a beginning and it could allow Russia and China to start tampering with their global hegemony. Just not yet though.

And I still don't think they will have to resort to assassinating Sanders.

kropotkin1951 kropotkin1951's picture

Its always good to know who a politicians allies are.

NorthReport

Precisely! Frown

NorthReport

It is starting to become news that Bernie Sanders has a history of fighting racial injustice.

Ben Jealous' support is sure to give a boost to Sanders.

NorthReport

Sanders may not win but it looks like Clinton is going to have a run for her "huge" money advantage.

Young Democrats Flock to Bernie Sanders, Spurning Hillary Clinton’s Polish and Poise

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/05/us/politics/bernie-sanders-young-democ...

monty1

http://www.conservapedia.com/Fox_News_Channel

Scroll way down for that image. Seems to be from around 2005.

Aristotleded24

NorthReport wrote:
It is starting to become news that Bernie Sanders has a history of fighting racial injustice.

Ben Jealous' support is sure to give a boost to Sanders.

If he really wanted to hurt Clinton in the black community, he could point out that it was her husband who implemented "welfare reform."

MegB

Gustave wrote:

 

MegB wrote:
Anti-feminist and in violation of babble policy.

It's probably a simple attention error, MegB, we are not in the feminist section here. You may find my message anti feminist when using your feminist section glasses. Otherwise, when we come back to reality, there is not one miligram of anti feminism in my comment. Is saying "wage gap is a myth" against Babble rules? Is not believing in patriarchy theory against Babble rules? Is accepting some MRAs fact based statements against Babble policies? 

I'll take that as an attention error.

 

Not at all. Just because this isn't the feminist forum doesn't mean you aren't in violation of babble policy. You are. Keep it up and you're gone.

Gustave

MegB wrote:
Not at all. Just because this isn't the feminist forum doesn't mean you aren't in violation of babble policy. You are. Keep it up and you're gone.

Sorry, MegB, I think I am not. So please explain. I suggested a simple way for you to do it by answering 3 simple questions:

Is denial of the wage gap myth against babble policy?

Is denial of the patriarchy theory against bable policy?

Is accepting some MRAs fact based statements against Babble policies? 

If not, then what am I accused of?

 

Also, you forgot the first part. Will "va te faire foutre" stay online without a reprimand? Because if it does, it means that from now on it will be considered acceptable to shout "go fuck yourself, you piece of shit" at other babblers.

NorthReport

Hey Gustave,

You are wearing out your welcome.  Frown

Take a hint! 

Gustave

NorthReport, I'd be glad if I got the hint from you, because it looks like I can't get it from others. So please feel free to provide it.

NorthReport

Sanders' supporters see opening in Clinton's home state

Sanders is from Brooklyn, but made a political career for himself in Vermont.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/politics/blogs/vote-up/20...

bekayne

NorthReport wrote:

Sanders' supporters see opening in Clinton's home state

Which one? Illinois? Arkansas? New York?

Mr. Magoo Mr. Magoo's picture

Quote:
I think that even without the dirty tricks and possible murder of Sanders, as has been suggested by one poster on babble, there is no threat of him ever making it to the nomination. That country is just not ready for anything as enlightened as Sanders.

Well, that's one way to manufacture a self-fulfilling prophecy.

"Oh, look, Bernie didn't get the nod.  The only explanation is the one that was given in advance: he's too awesome for the likes of them."

It reminds me of claims like "The Powers That Be would never allow the CPC-ML to win government.  And look, they didn't win government!!!  It must be because the Powers That Be didn't allow it!!!!!"

6079_Smith_W

I believe there were similar predictions about that nowhere candidate Abraham Lincoln. And when he did get in half the country tried to quit.

 

monty1

Mr. Magoo wrote:

Quote:
I think that even without the dirty tricks and possible murder of Sanders, as has been suggested by one poster on babble, there is no threat of him ever making it to the nomination. That country is just not ready for anything as enlightened as Sanders.

Well, that's one way to manufacture a self-fulfilling prophecy.

"Oh, look, Bernie didn't get the nod.  The only explanation is the one that was given in advance: he's too awesome for the likes of them."

It reminds me of claims like "The Powers That Be would never allow the CPC-ML to win government.  And look, they didn't win government!!!  It must be because the Powers That Be didn't allow it!!!!!"

That's ridiculous and what's said on this forum isn't going to any politician's camp in the US. I've proclaimed my moral support for Sanders and against Clinton at least a dozen times by you people need to continue to insist for some strange reason that I can't be with the left if I''m for Trudeau's government. Get the hell over it! 

monty1

monty1 wrote:

Mr. Magoo wrote:

Quote:
I think that even without the dirty tricks and possible murder of Sanders, as has been suggested by one poster on babble, there is no threat of him ever making it to the nomination. That country is just not ready for anything as enlightened as Sanders.

Well, that's one way to manufacture a self-fulfilling prophecy.

"Oh, look, Bernie didn't get the nod.  The only explanation is the one that was given in advance: he's too awesome for the likes of them."

It reminds me of claims like "The Powers That Be would never allow the CPC-ML to win government.  And look, they didn't win government!!!  It must be because the Powers That Be didn't allow it!!!!!"

That's ridiculous and what's said on this forum isn't going to any politician's camp in the US. I've proclaimed my moral support for Sanders and against Clinton at least a dozen times by you people need to continue to insist for some strange reason that I can't be with the left if I''m for Trudeau's government. Get the hell over it!

Ya know Magoo, I've never had the opportunity to have NDP'ers opposed to me so it's a learning experience. I've always been involved in forums where I was united with the others in fighting against the rabid right Conservatives. And now I really don't like what I'm seeing.  

I've been with the NDP a hundred times when we've been losers and only a couple of times when we've been real winners. I'm starting to think that NDP'ers choose to be losers. They can't find any  victory out of partial wins. We all together trashed the Conservatives into the dustbin of history but I get nothing but moaning and groaning and tears from you and others of your persuasion.

It's not the name of the party that is the government, it's what the party espouses. Give the bloody guy a chance!

NorthReport

monty1

Chill man.

I doubt very much whether Mr Magoo cares whether or not you are, or have been, a member of any party.

Maybe he is just trying to be an optimist in a discouraging political situation across the line.

After all, yes it's quite a long shot but Sanders could win - did you see CNN's poll out today for NH?

NorthReport

New York for starters, after all Bernie was born in Brooklyn - when's their Democratic primary?

bekayne wrote:

NorthReport wrote:

Sanders' supporters see opening in Clinton's home state

Which one? Illinois? Arkansas? New York?

monty1

NorthReport wrote:

monty1

Chill man.

I doubt very much whether Mr Magoo cares whether or not you are, or have been, a member of any party.

Maybe he is just trying to be an optimist in a discouraging political situation across the line.

After all, yes it's quite a long shot but Sanders could win - did you see CNN's poll out today for NH?

Then ask him to explain if he cares. Seems to me he's obsessed with the idea and so are some of the others. If he persists in that behaviour than I'm not going to sit back and take it. This paranoia about me being a plant for the LIberals or whatever some of these people are imagining is getting a little worn out now. 

NorthReport

Grow a thicker skin.

We all eventually get incorrectly labelled something or other after being here long enough.   Laughing

 

NorthReport

The GOP is hoping for Sanders to be the Democratic candidate. Republicans had better be very careful what they wish for. 

61% to 30% Sanders just increased his lead by 8% to a 31% advantage. 

On to South Carolina next.

Sanders tops Clinton by 2-to-1 margin in New Hampshire

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/04/politics/new-hampshire-poll-bernie-sanders...

Mr. Magoo Mr. Magoo's picture

Quote:
Ya know Magoo, I've never had the opportunity to have NDP'ers opposed to me so it's a learning experience. I've always been involved in forums where I was united with the others in fighting against the rabid right Conservatives. And now I really don't like what I'm seeing.

I don't know what you're seeing, but my only point was that if Sanders doesn't go on to candidacy for the job of President, there might be other factors besides "the moneyed interests would never permit it".

Meanwhile, your reaction was more amusing than giving a dog a big blob of peanut butter.  Lots of chin music, but no real words.

Quote:
If he persists in that behaviour than I'm not going to sit back and take it.

By all means, don't "sit back and take it".  But as a personal favour, can you tell me what would constitute me "persisting in that behaviour" so I can keep doing that?

NorthReport

Sanders is the only hope the common people have.

True dat!

They’re all bought and sold: American democracy belongs to the billionaires now

With the lone exception of Bernie Sanders, every candidate is either in bed with Wall Street or super-rich himself

http://www.salon.com/2016/02/02/theyre_all_bought_and_sold_american_demo...

Gustave
monty1

Mr. Magoo wrote:

Quote:
Ya know Magoo, I've never had the opportunity to have NDP'ers opposed to me so it's a learning experience. I've always been involved in forums where I was united with the others in fighting against the rabid right Conservatives. And now I really don't like what I'm seeing.

I don't know what you're seeing, but my only point was that if Sanders doesn't go on to candidacy for the job of President, there might be other factors besides "the moneyed interests would never permit it".

Meanwhile, your reaction was more amusing than giving a dog a big blob of peanut butter.  Lots of chin music, but no real words.

Quote:
If he persists in that behaviour than I'm not going to sit back and take it.

By all means, don't "sit back and take it".  But as a personal favour, can you tell me what would constitute me "persisting in that behaviour" so I can keep doing that?

trying to pretend that I don't favour Sanders over Clinton. 

monty1

NorthReport wrote:

Grow a thicker skin.

We all eventually get incorrectly labelled something or other after being here long enough.   Laughing

 

I'm as thick skinned as the next guy but as long as a few individuals continue to keep it up then I'm going to keep fighting against it. It's petty and I've already had one of my chief adversaries admit openly that it wasn't because of some imagined bad beharious by me. Albeit, a slip of the tongue/fingers. Patheric really. Ask kropotkin.

I watched the MSNBC debate tonight and the moderators were so lopsided for Clinton that it was sickening. Having said that, there's no way Sanders could fit in in Canadian politics. They set him up on the antiwar issues and they destroyed him on them. Even though he didn't take an antiwar stand because he was afraid to do it. It's not in those people's vocabularty.

However! And it's a big however. How many would excuse him completely for not committing hari-kari there on the stage? How many would be so charitable considering the hawk that Clinton is and isn't even ashamed to say it?

kropotkin1951 kropotkin1951's picture

monty1 wrote:

I'm as thick skinned as the next guy but as long as a few individuals continue to keep it up then I'm going to keep fighting against it. It's petty and I've already had one of my chief adversaries admit openly that it wasn't because of some imagined bad beharious by me. Albeit, a slip of the tongue/fingers. Patheric really. Ask kropotkin.

I agree you are pathetic. There we agree on something. Maybe the reason why you are getting so much blow back is because you are a blowhard that tries to use other people in their posts to bolster unsupportable ideas. You tried it with NDPP and now you are trying it with me.

Please do not ever try to use my name to bolster anything you say in a post. I find it deeply offensive to be used by someone like you. In less than a month you have insulted countless of this board's long term posters and acted like a jerk by claiming some sort of victory every time someone comes close to agreeing with anything you say. Why are you here did you get run off all the other boards you used to post at. Were most of the people on those sites mean to you as well? Did you spend half your time whining at how unfair every ones is to you?

NorthReport

Incredibly good results for Bernie in the latest national poll which shows Bernie has gained 29% against Hillary and they are now tied within the margin of error Smile

Quinnipiac national democratic presidential candidate poll

 

Candidate / Dec '15 / Feb 5 '16 / Change

Bernie / 30% / 42% / Up 12%

Hillary / 61% / 44% / Down 17%

NorthReport

The attacks will only intensify against Bernie now as he continues to talk about things that concern most people as opposed to the elites with their big bucks which fund candidates like Hillary.

Today Bernie is talking about poverty.

NorthReport

Here's What Happens When Hillary and Bernie Try to Out-Progressive Each Other

Even if you don't like Bernie, you must respect that he's making Hillary defend her record.​

 

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a41840/who-won-msnbc-...

kropotkin1951 kropotkin1951's picture

NorthReport wrote:

The attacks will only intensify against Bernie now as he continues to talk about things that concern most people as opposed to the elites with their big bucks which fund candidates like Hillary.

Today Bernie is talking about poverty.

The more attacks that are aimed at Bernie from the corporate media the better his polling numbers will get. The polls show that only around 40% trust them. I think Bernie's potential supporters are mostly in the 60% who don't trust them. With the under 50 crowd that he needs to energize his campaign the trust level is around 36%. What he needs is the MSM to be pushing Clinton while dissing him, then his message that she is a corporate candidate will resonate even better.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/185927/americans-trust-media-remains-historic...

NorthReport

Talking about artful smears Hillary needs to back off on her nonsensical suggestions that Bernie would dismantle Obamacare and leaves millions that presently have heathcare without healthcare in the process to acquire universal healthcare.

Bernie helped to write the Obamacare legislation but says there are still 29 million without coverage. 

NorthReport

Well said krop.

mark_alfred

NorthReport wrote:

Talking about artful smears Hillary needs to back off on her nonsensical suggestions that Bernie would dismantle Obamacare and leaves millions that presently have heathcare without healthcare in the process to acquire universal healthcare.

I'm reminded of Trudeau's criticisms of universal child care.  Unachievable, unaffordable, would take too long, etc.  Similar to Clinton's criticisms of Sanders.

Pages