Kremlingate part 2

228 posts / 0 new
Last post
Michael Moriarity Michael Moriarity's picture

NDPP wrote:

Why the DNC Was Not Hacked By the Russians

https://twitter.com/ElizabethVos/status/1096159928362901505

Former Technical Director NSA, Bill Binney & Larry Johnson former CT and CIA share their advanced expertise on alleged DNC 'hack'.

So, I read the article by Binney and Johnson, and in my opinion as a long time software developer, with a strong interest in security issues, it is pure quackery. I have pointed out what the real experts say in several previous posts, and even rebutted most of the arguments in this article point by point, but NDPP has ignored those posts, and just repeats what Binney and his highly motivated but incompetent friends have to say. It is an appeal to a fictional authority, which I reject.

NDPP

What about your opinion as a longtime hardcore Russiagate conspiracy theory developer? Sorry, as former technical head of the NSA, William Binney went to prison for his whistleblowing and truth-telling, so your smears of his work as 'quackery' notwithstanding, I believe him over you and your gobbledygook. But no surprise to see you choosing double-down over the embarrassment of admitting you're just another dumb chump that's been duped.

The Jimmy Dore Show

https://youtu.be/-W_WIE3hiko

"NBC News: No evidence of Trump Russia conspiracy."

Michael Moriarity Michael Moriarity's picture

NDPP wrote:

What about your opinion as a longtime hardcore Russiagate conspiracy theory developer? Sorry, as former technical head of the NSA, William Binney went to prison for his whistleblowing and truth-telling, so your smears of his work as 'quackery' notwithstanding, I believe him over you and your gobbledygook. But no surprise to see you choosing double-down over the embarrassment of admitting you're just another dumb chump that's been duped.

So, just for laughs, what do you imagine is my motivation for coming down on the wrong side of this purely technical question? I really don't care, politically or personally, whether the Russians did it or not. And whatever else I am, in this context, I'm not a "dumb chump". On the contrary, I'm probably the person with the most technical expertise regarding network security posting on babble. Of course I could be wrong, but my honest reading of the details of this case is what informs my position, not ideology.

You, on the other hand, are clearly motivated solely by ideology, since you have no technical understanding of the issue whatsoever. If anyone in this conversation is a "dumb chump", it is you, my friend.

NDPP

"Russiagate has been a joke since Robby Mook and Podesta literally came up with the Russia idea 24 hours after Hillary lost to Trump...

'The strategy had been set within 24 hours of her concession speech. Mook and Podesta assembled her communcations team at the Brooklyn headquarters to engineer the case that the election wasn't entirely on the up and up. For a couple of hours, with Shake Shack containers littering the room, they went over the script they would pitch to the press and the public. Already, Russian hacking was the centerpiece of the argument..."

https://twitter.com/ExtremeBalance/status/1095434617773907968

Michael Moriarity Michael Moriarity's picture

NDPP wrote:

"Russiagate has been a joke since Robby Mook and Podesta literally came up with the Russia idea 24 hours after Hillary lost to Trump...

'The strategy had been set within 24 hours of her concession speech. Mook and Podesta assembled her communcations team at the Brooklyn headquarters to engineer the case that the election wasn't entirely on the up and up. For a couple of hours, with Shake Shack containers littering the room, they went over the script they would pitch to the press and the public. Already, Russian hacking was the centerpiece of the argument..."

https://twitter.com/ExtremeBalance/status/1095434617773907968

Did these Clinton supporters decide to blame her loss on Russian hacking? Very likely.

Was that the main cause of Clinton's defeat? Of course not.

Does this mean that the hacking never took place? That would be a grotesque non sequitur.

 

NDPP

Michael Moriarity wrote:

 

 I really don't care, politically or personally, whether the Russians did it or not. 

 

NDPP wrote:

Pull the other one it's got bells on. But charmed to see you re-positioning yourself in the mushy middle nonetheless.

josh

Mueller has texts between Stone, Wikileaks and Guccifer

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/15/politics/roger-stone-wikileaks/index.html

NDPP

The pro corporate Democrat propaganda team and Russophobic conspiracy theorists are obviously scraping the bottom of the barrel and serving us the same warmed-over nothing burgers from yesteryear. The same texts were posted here already. Assange tells Stone to fuck off and stop bothering them. You know this already. But just keep posting CNN, WaPo and NYT since you and your 'progressive' pals here clearly share the same obvious and sinister msm agenda:

"The communications are the Wikileaks account telling Roger Stone to stop going around falsely claiming that he was in contact with Assange. They were provided to Congress and the public [posted here] over  a year ago. There can be little excuse for concealing the true content."

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/1096597674307006464

Sean in Ottawa

NDPP wrote:

The pro corporate Democrat propaganda team and Russophobic conspiracy theorists are obviously scraping the bottom of the barrel and serving us the same warmed-over nothing burgers from yesteryear. The same texts were posted here already. Assange tells Stone to fuck off and stop bothering them. You know this already. But just keep posting CNN, WaPo and NYT since you and your 'progressive' pals here clearly share the same obvious and sinister msm agenda:

"The communications are the Wikileaks account telling Roger Stone to stop going around falsely claiming that he was in contact with Assange. They were provided to Congress and the public [posted here] over  a year ago. There can be little excuse for concealing the true content."

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/1096597674307006464

Oh wow. Your link to Wikileaks is conclusive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They deny doing what would be clearly criminal if proven. Any time someone denies being involved in something criminal it must be true after all they told you so.

CNN reports a direct quoate from prosecutors saying

"the government obtained and executed dozens of search warrants on various accounts used to facilitate the transfer of stolen documents for release, as well as to discuss the timing and promotion of their release,"

The article goes on to acknowledge the previous communication you refer to, previously reported by the Atlantic.

But since wikileaks denies it -- we should assume that they are right and that CNN is lying.

After all we all have certainty that wikileaks is always honest and always has the public interest at heart and would never lie to us. We know becuase we like them and we want to believe them and so we know we can.

Life is simple isn't it.

NDPP

The Real Motive Behind the FBI Plan to Investigate Trump As a Russian Agent

https://twitter.com/aaronjmate/status/1098017279562969090

"Great read by Gareth Porter on how National Security officials got us into the Russiagate mess..."

NDPP

'Fixation on a Trump-Russia Conspiracy Theory is Not Real Resistance.'

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1099652281149128706

"Precisely. This has been the concern of many of us with the self-glorifying 'Resistance' from the start: it's obsessively fixated on a dangerous Tom Clancy drama. But when it comes to Trump's bombing, spying, militarism and imperialism, Dems don't resist but unite behind him:"

NDPP

Cohen/Batchelor: How the Russiagate Investigation is Sovietizing American Politics (podcast)

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/51154.htm

"Collusion,' 'contacts', selective prosecutions, coup plotting, and media taboos recall repressive Soviet practices...'Something is happening in America that is very, very bad...' - Prof S Cohen

'We have met the enemy. And he is us." - Pogo

NDPP

Propaganda Works: American Overall View of Russia

https://twitter.com/RealAlexRubi/status/1100833777339764737

"New chart from Gallup demonstrates just how massively the conspiratorial Russiagate media campaign over the past years has infected Americans with Cold War fever. Russia's favorability is now lower and unfavorability higher than prior to collapse of the USSA."

And Canadians being Canadians always do their best to march in lockstep.

NDPP

The Jimmy Dore Show

https://youtu.be/4hgWSrvXxzs

"Cohen kills collusion conspiracy theory."

NDPP

Cohen Testimony: Trump's Former Attorney Can't Provide 'Any Real Examples' of Russia Collusion

https://on.rt.com/9p7x

"If Cohen doesn't know about any collusion, who does?' CBS reporter Bo Erickson tweeted."

NDPP

The Jimmy Dore Show

https://youtu.be/eR42Brd05qg

"Corp journos backpedaling on Russiagate like cowards."

NDPP

American Misdirection: Militarism & Capitalism Reign...(and podcast)

https://twitter.com/aaronjmate/status/1103329218572767234

"I joined Intercepted to talk Russiagate and how the crumbling of the Trump-Russia conspiracy theory offers an opportunity to become a real Resistance - not, as we're already seeing, to move the goalposts..."

NDPP

Cohen: The Long History of US-Russia 'Meddling'

https://www.thenation.com/article/the-long-history-of-us-russian-meddling/

"Even though the bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee found 'no direct evidence of a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia,' Russiagate allegations of 'collusion' between candidate and then - President Donald Trump and the Kremlin have poisoned American politics for nearly threee years. They are likely to continue to do so for the foreseeable future..."

NDPP

Media's Russiagate Hysteria Falling Apart

https://youtu.be/w44SNEDnlWY

"A recent Robert Scheer interview that deconstructs the Russiagate narrative."

Sean in Ottawa

NDPP wrote:

Media's Russiagate Hysteria Falling Apart

https://youtu.be/w44SNEDnlWY

"A recent Robert Scheer interview that deconstructs the Russiagate narrative."

So we keep hearing and yet nothing conclusive really emerges except those shouting how they want things interpretted. I suspect there will be more infomration to judge in time to determine this one way or another. I am willing to wait for that.

josh

NDPP wrote:

Media's Russiagate Hysteria Falling Apart

https://youtu.be/w44SNEDnlWY

"A recent Robert Scheer interview that deconstructs the Russiagate narrative."

Must be about the 20th time you’ve written the “falling apart” line in the last two years.

WWWTT

Ya that’s because it really is falling apart. Now that the icm has other stuff to attack Trump with (737 max), they will drop Russia gate. The only thing that was keeping Russia gate alive for so long was constant icm attention and over rated hype. 

 

NDPP

And a seemingly inexhaustible supply of Russophobic gullibles ready to swallow msm dogsvomit no matter how absurd or ridiculous.

JKR

Why not wait for Mueller to reveal what is and what isn’t “MSM dogsvomit?”

josh

NDPP wrote:

And a seemingly inexhaustible supply of Russophobic gullibles ready to swallow msm dogsvomit no matter how absurd or ridiculous.

I liked that better in the original Russian.

contrarianna

Russiagate falls apart: yes

Russiagate goes away: not a chance.

Even a Vacuous Mueller Report Won’t End ‘Russiagate’   

Too many reputations and other interests are vested in the legend for it to vanish from American politics anytime soon.

By Stephen F. Cohen MARCH 14, 2019

Russiagate allegations that the Kremlin has a subversive hold over President Trump, and even put him in the White House, have poisoned American political life for almost three years. Among other afflictions, it has inspired an array of media malpractices, virtually criminalized anti–Cold War thinking about Russia, and distorted the priorities of the Democratic Party. And this leaves aside the woeful impact Russiagate has had in Moscow—on its policymakers’ perception of the US as a reliable partner on mutually vital strategic issues and on Russian democrats who once looked to the American political system as one to be emulated, a loss of “illusions” I previously reported.

Contrary to many expectations, even if the Mueller report, said to be impending, finds, as did a Senate committee recently, “no direct evidence of conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia,” Russiagate allegations are unlikely to dissipate in the near future and certainly not before the 2020 presidential election. There are several reasons this is so, foremost among them the following:

....   If Mueller fails to report “collusion” of real political substance, these and other Russiagate zealots, as well as their supporters in the media, will need to reinterpret run-of-the-mill (and bipartisan) financial corruption and mundane “contacts with Russia” as somehow treasonous. (The financial-corruption convictions of Paul Manafort, Mueller’s single “big win” to date, did not charge “collusion” and had to do mainly with Ukraine, not Russia.) Having done so already, there is every reason to think Democrats will politicize these charges again, if only for the sake of their own careers....

https://www.thenation.com/article/even-a-vacuous-mueller-report-wont-end...

This latter point about "reinterpretation" of contacts and corruption as treasonous is already standard fare for Russiagate conspiricists there, and here.

NDPP

Chomsky on Russiagate

https://youtu.be/_EdXNCI51yA

@22:00

"I think it's so farcical that I barely even read the reports. The whole thing is a bad joke, for all sorts of reasons. There's no evidence of any Russian effect on the presidential election. There are countries that do interfere. One of them sent their prime minister - Benjamin Netanyahu..."

Pages