KremlinGate

1328 posts / 0 new
Last post
Michael Moriarity Michael Moriarity's picture

Unbiased wrote:

Love the smell of Kool Aid in the morning.
This is a sad and depressing thread for me.

<snip>

I can't remember the last time I posted here.

A sincere suggestion: post more often, and raise the level of discourse.

josh

NDPP wrote:

"The Far-Right's primary domestic political tactic during the Cold War was to accuse those wanting decreased US/Russia hostilities of being apologists for, or supporters of Russian aggression & domestic repression. It's stunning how mainstream this slimy premise has become."

https://twitter.com/ggreeenwald/status/1019569779621990400

 

Musings From Margins: The NATO & Putin Summits, Plus High Crimes, Misdemeanors and Liberal Madness

https://t.co/g3a6X8MCBD

"...Does it have anything to do with the issue of collusion, of course not. But none of this really had anything to do with collusion, it was and is a classic disinformation campaign meant to de-legitimize and eventually force from office someone who the elite never dreamed could have won because if they did they would not have promoted him through their media outlets.

There seems to be a complete psychotic break with reality in the US [and dutifully imitated in Canada] as a result of the Trump-Putin summit. The good thing about all this is that the liberals posing as radicals have been exposed and their sentimental pro-empire, pro-American proclivities revealed..."

e.g. Charlie Angus NDP on Twitter: WaPo 'succinct and articulate'

https://twitter.com/CharlieAngusNDP/status/1019201624772956160

"As a wise man once said: Stupid is as stupid does..."

We agree.

Interesting that after well over a year of claiming the scandal to be a nothing burger and dead, certain quarters have now been reduced to attacking the mental state of those of have been proved right.

NDPP

'Proved right'. Hardly. No proof, no collusion, only propaganda, gullible dupes and useful idiots. Remember McCarthy. Remember Orwell. 

After Helsinki: Russia Must Be Destroyed (podcast)

https://t.co/KfB63o97QP

"The Helsinki Summit meeting between Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin should have been hailed as a momentous event, considering the catastrophic state of US-Russia relations. But instead the US President has been branded a traitor by the western media and political class, as Jon Wight and George Szamuely discuss..."

 

A Walk on the Wild Side as Trump Meets Putin at Finland Station

http://www.atimes.com/article/a-walk-on-the-wild-side-as-trump-meets-put...

"The Cold War is a thing of the past.' By the time President Putin said as much during preliminary remarks at his joint press conference with President Trump in Helsinki, it was clear this would not stand. Not after so much investment by American conservatives in Cold War 2.0. Russophobia is a 24/7 industry, and all concerned, including its media vassals, remain absolutely livid with the 'disgraceful' Trump-Putin presser. Trump has 'colluded with Russia.' How could the President of the United States promote 'moral equivalence' with a 'world-class thug?'

It was inevitable that a strategically crucial summit between the Russian and American president would be hijacked by the dementia of the US news cycle."

 

NorthReport

Hear yee, hear yee!

Trump with a popularity rating of 41.8% is as popular as Harry Truman and Jimmy Carter.

Michael Moriarity Michael Moriarity's picture

For anyone who may be interested in actual information, Micah Lee, the computer security expert at The Intercept, has a piece up carefully analyzing the contents of the indictment from last Friday. If anyone can read this and still believe that the GRU was not responsible for successful attacks on the DCCC and DNC computer networks, please tell us what specific allegations you disbelieve.

It is still possible to believe that these events did not change the outcome of the election, and/or that the Trump campaign was in no way involved, but there is no longer any rational way of denying that the GRU did the hacks in an attempt to help Trump.

NDPP

"Gallup recently did a poll of what Americans say is the most important problems facing the country. One finding: The percentage of Americans saying 'Situation with Russia' is the most important problem is literally too small to represent with a number."

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1019243052261666816

NDPP

Michael Moriarity wrote:

 there is no longer any rational way of denying that the GRU did the hacks in an attempt to help Trump.

NDPP wrote:

"With Friday's indictments  of Russian intelligence officers,  Ray McGovern and Bill Binney have written an open letter to President Trump making clear that the 'evidence' behind the indictments is as fraudulent as the intelligence alleging WMD in Iraq..."

Memo to the President Ahead of Monday's Summit

https://consortiumnews.com/2018/07/15/memo-to-the-president-ahead-of-mon...

PS: 'Rosenstein acknowledged that the indictments included no charges of collusion between any American citizens and the alleged Russian hackers. He added, 'There is no allegation that the conspiracy changed the vote count or affected any election result.' [See #1105]

Unbiased is right. A plague on both their houses. I identify with neither, how could you possibly?

Unbiased

Michael Moriarity wrote:

A sincere suggestion: post more often, and raise the level of discourse.

Thank you Michael.
That might not be easy.

The polarization on the issue seems so great that there is no reconciling the two sides. It is or should be a frightening state of affairs.
I see few cracks in the armour.
Those who identify with Republican politics are often content with attacking opposing views with contempt and scorn instead of listening.
Those who identify with Democratic politics are often content with attacking opposing views with contempt and scorn instead of listening.
In game theory this is called a zero sum game.
A plague on both their houses.

Rabble is a Canadian site and as such has primarily Canadian posters who nonetheless recognize the importance of US politics to our country.
Bravo for that. And Bravo to all posters here on what is probably the most thoughtful forum in our country.

So... some Canadian posters identify with American Democrats and some identify with American Republicans.
Nothing wrong with that.

This brings us however to "identity politics"
http://factmyth.com/what-is-identity-politics/
(Sorry for a long winded link)

JKR

NDPP wrote:

"Gallup recently did a poll of what Americans say is the most important problems facing the country. One finding: The percentage of Americans saying 'Situation with Russia' is the most important problem is literally too small to represent with a number."

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1019243052261666816

At one point Americans didn't think Watergate was a problem either.

JKR

Unbiased wrote:

The polarization on the issue seems so great that there is no reconciling the two sides. It is or should be a frightening state of affairs.
I see few cracks in the armour.
Those who identify with Republican politics are often content with attacking opposing views with contempt and scorn instead of listening.
Those who identify with Democratic politics are often content with attacking opposing views with contempt and scorn instead of listening.
In game theory this is called a zero sum game.
A plague on both their houses.

I think the Mueller Investigation will be able to reconcile most Americans as to what happened.

NDPP

I don't...

https://youtu.be/nkF6WpWAxy8

Russia is not the problem. Brainwashing, gullibility and wilfull ignorance are. Furthermore, as has been made abundantly clear, the truth means nothing to some. If it's the wrong truth they hate it and overwhelmingly prefer the lie. 

NDPP

The Jimmy Dore Show

https://youtu.be/zz1j2CXxBdk

"Indictments in Trump Russia investigation - What it means."

JKR

It seems that some people are feverishly trying to discredit the Mueller Investigation before it presents its findings.

NorthReport

I gather Trump wants to cut short his political career What a loon!

Mueller can’t wait for Congress and needs to move on Trump now

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/18/politics/white-house-proposal-putin-mcfaul/index.html

josh
josh

NorthReport wrote:

I gather Trump wants to cut short his political career What a loon!

Mueller can’t wait for Congress and needs to move on Trump now

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/18/politics/white-house-proposal-putin-mcfaul/index.html

Not a loon.  An asset.

NDPP

The 'Treason' Charge Against Donald Trump

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2018/07/19/pers-j19.html

"...The idea that Trump is an agent of the Kremlin has as much credibility as similar charges leveled more than half a century ago by the likes of McCarthy, Stormer and the John Birch Society against Eisenhower and Kennedy. The fact that the Democratic Party is resurrecting a narrative associated with the most right-wing elements of the American political spectrum has ominous implications.

That expressing skepticism as to the veracity and integrity of the CIA, FBI and NSA can be branded as treason repeats a stark warning of the dangers of a US police state. These are the interests expressed by the Democrats, the consummate party of Wall Street and the CIA..."

josh

“The Fake News Media wants so badly to see a major confrontation with Russia, even a confrontation that could lead to war.

https://politicalwire.com/2018/07/19/trump-accuses-media-of-pushing-war-with-russia/

NorthReport
NorthReport

It’s coming and it is just a matter of time

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/constitutional-crisis/

NorthReport
NorthReport
NorthReport
NorthReport
josh

The Summit with Russia was a great success, except with the real enemy of the people, the Fake News Media.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1019936133147516929

 

Pogo Pogo's picture

Unbiased wrote:

Those who identify with Republican politics are often content with attacking opposing views with contempt and scorn instead of listening.
Those who identify with Democratic politics are often content with attacking opposing views with contempt and scorn instead of listening.
 

I don't see too much support here for the Democrats. Maybe to some extent as the lesser of two evils. I think you are making some binary assumptions.  Just because people are convinced and focused on the impropriety of Donald Trump does not make them Democrat lovers.

NorthReport

I wonder who will do Trump in first, the Americans or the Russians. 

Why Trump Bowed To Pressure After His Press Conference With Putin

 

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-trump-bowed-to-pressure-after-h...

NDPP

CrossTalk: Apocalyptic Reaction (and vid)

https://www.rt.com/shows/crosstalk/433555-trump-putin-summit-reaction/

"The very idea of a Trump-Putin summit was controversial from the start. They met in Helsinki and essentially agreed that the US and Russia should at least engage in dialogue. Much of the media and the foreign policy swamp reacted with an apocalyptic meltdown. Has the establishment media lost its mind?"

 

Interview With Aaron Mate on Trump-Putin Summit in Helsinki (podcast)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/20170813

"We are actually in the midst of an elite insecurity crisis..."

 

Trump as New Cold War Heretic (and vid)

https://www.thenation.com/article/trump-new-cold-war-heretic/

"It is, of course, still unproven Russiagate allegations that caused this 'Trump Derangement Syndrome', as it has been termed..."

 

"If you don't see the overall psyop here, to make the focus about Russia to prevent us from looking internally at or criticizing our own country you are either willfully ignorant or ok with taking part in a sophisticated long-term psychological operation."

https://twitter.com/FluorescentGrey/status/1019361025034838017

josh

What a sad spectacle seeing Stephen Cohen describing Trump as profound, and treating him as if he were some foreign policy mastermind.  Trump is a totally transactional being.  He is simply repaying Russia for the financial lifeline it gave him over the years and the election support it gave him through its cyberspace Watergate against the Democratic Party and its presidential candidate.  And whatever else it has on and over him.

NDPP

It's a matter of opinion of course. I rather think you are a sad spectacle.

NorthReport
NorthReport

Good. Reward Putin for bad behaviour. This should seal the Deal for the Democrats to take control of Congress and impeach him.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-putin-white-house-john-bolton-us-visit-russia-sarah-sanders-a8455576.html

NorthReport
NDPP

BAR: Russiagate is a Ruling Class Diversion

https://blackagendareport.com/russiagate-ruling-class-diversion

"...Donald Trump is, indeed, a kind of traitor to the Washingon Consensus...His heresy - precipitating the crisis in ruling class politics - was to rhetorically oppose 'free trade' and US 'regime change' policies, and to call for normalizing relations with Russia.  Donald Trump became anathema to the Lords of Capital and their servants in the national security 'deep-state', who crowded into Hillary Clinton's Democratic tent, where Russiagate was invented out of whole cloth. When Clinton lost, the ruling class panicked and resolved to bring down the Orange Menace no matter the cost to US institutions and to the appearance of stability in the very bosom of the empire. The rolling coup was begun..."

NDPP

"Russiagate Mind Explosion: Alexei Navalny, the anti-Putin political activist, supported and endorsed Maria Butina, the gun lobbyist charged with pro-Putin espionage. 'Maria Butina lobbies for gun rights and is practically the only candidate running a good election campaign...she's worthy of your support,' Alexei Navalny (He's a gun-nut too.)"

https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1019287994447155200

josh

Facts are piling up, and it’s getting harder to deny what’s staring us in the face.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/07/20/confession-of-a-no-longer-russiagate-skeptic-219022

NDPP

'Russophobia Runs Amok' (and vid)

https://on.rt.com/9apy

These American scholars say the real threat to the US is Russophobia...

 

Helsinki Summit: Trump and Putin Respond to Mueller Indictments

https://off-guardian.org/2018/07/18/helsinki-summit-trump-and-putin-resp...

"So: this is a matter of importance not only to the validity (or not) of the Magnitsky Act economic sanctions against Russia, but to the Russiagate accusations regarding US President Donald Trump..."

NDPP

'Good For All' That Trump, Putin Plan to Meet Again', Merkel

http://www.thelocal.de/20180720/good-for-all-that-trump-putin-plan-to-me...

"Meetings between the US and Russian presidents should become the 'normality', German Chancellor Angela Merkel said Friday, adding that it is 'good for all' that Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin plan new talks. 'That talks are held is basically good for all, in particular between these two countries,' Merkel said at her regular summer press conference."

kropotkin1951 kropotkin1951's picture

bekayne wrote:

NDPP wrote:

 

"The anti-Trump 'Resistance' movement is the Mona Lisa of psyops, the Last Supper of propaganda. It's managed to get every quasi-lefty in the Western world to line up with the CIA, FBI, NSA and NATO, and somehow still believe they're 'anti-establishment."

https://twitter.com/OffGuardian0/status/1019307608732258305

"There's a sucker born every minute." - PT Barnum

As opposed to lining up with the right wing governments of Putin and Trump.

I lived through the Cold War false dichotomy and became an anarchist instead. I am perfectly capable of both hating the Democrats and the Republicans at the same time just as I am capable of hating any totalitarian government no matter what ideaology they claim to suscribe to.

Trump is the Orange Herring and he plays his role well. While the whole world is talking about his latest stupids statement or action the US government from both sides of the House voted in one of the largest military budgets in history and is pressuring all NATO countries to spend more on their war machines. I am not happy to see our population being whipped into a war mentality against either Russia or China because I'm both an old fashioned peace activist and live near a NATO air force base that could be a target.

When NATO broke its promises not to expand into Eastern Europe it led to another arms race. We now have new generations of weapons being built instead of disarmament. After you are done laughing at my inane fears you can get back to cheerleading for your side in the great race to armageddon.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/putin-russia-new-nuclear-weapons-test-inte...

WWWTT

Michael Moriarity wrote:

For anyone who may be interested in actual information, Micah Lee, the computer security expert at The Intercept, has a piece up carefully analyzing the contents of the indictment from last Friday. If anyone can read this and still believe that the GRU was not responsible for successful attacks on the DCCC and DNC computer networks, please tell us what specific allegations you disbelieve.

It is still possible to believe that these events did not change the outcome of the election, and/or that the Trump campaign was in no way involved, but there is no longer any rational way of denying that the GRU did the hacks in an attempt to help Trump.

I didn't find anything there that would be specific enough to say the GRU is responsible.

Just because some of these addresses are from Moscow really means nothing. If anything, why would the Russians take such a risk of getting caught when they can easily hire hackers from other regions in the world?

No sorry MM but these charges to me really don't mean anything. Nothing will ever come out of them anyways because these individuals will never come to the US to stand trial. And the US inquiry isn't aware of this?!?!?!?!

How much you want to bet this will go nowhere beyond a bunch of accusations?

I give this till 2020, by then the next US election will put this 2M under and the US corporate media circus will move on to the next freek show.

Michael Moriarity Michael Moriarity's picture

WWWTT wrote:

I didn't find anything there that would be specific enough to say the GRU is responsible.

Just because some of these addresses are from Moscow really means nothing. If anything, why would the Russians take such a risk of getting caught when they can easily hire hackers from other regions in the world?

No sorry MM but these charges to me really don't mean anything. Nothing will ever come out of them anyways because these individuals will never come to the US to stand trial. And the US inquiry isn't aware of this?!?!?!?!

How much you want to bet this will go nowhere beyond a bunch of accusations?

I give this till 2020, by then the next US election will put this 2M under and the US corporate media circus will move on to the next freek show.

I don't know how technical you are, but I have been a software developer for 40 years, and I regularly read a number of sources on the details of internet security. To my eyes, this evidence is very convincing. If you don't find it so, I suspect you either don't have the background knowledge, or don't want to believe your own lying eyes.

You may very well be right that nothing will come of it, but that is because of social and political factors, not because the hacking didn't happen, or the GRU didn't do it.

WWWTT

Ok then, please explain to me how it can be tied to the GRU. 

The evidence may very well prove this happened, and that the hackers where in Russia when it happened. But I somehow doubt or would need to see something that would prove that the hackers were directed from Russia intelligence

if someone robs a bank, without strong evidence, you can’t say that the person robbing the bank was using that money to finance something like a terrorist group 

NorthReport

No doubt this will eventually end badly for Trump. The question is how many others will pay the price for the Americans making him their President

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/07/trump-russia-aspen-security-forum/565691/

Michael Moriarity Michael Moriarity's picture

WWWTT wrote:

Ok then, please explain to me how it can be tied to the GRU. 

The evidence may very well prove this happened, and that the hackers where in Russia when it happened. But I somehow doubt or would need to see something that would prove that the hackers were directed from Russia intelligence

if someone robs a bank, without strong evidence, you can’t say that the person robbing the bank was using that money to finance something like a terrorist group 

Have you read the article I linked from Micah Lee? If you have, I will be happy to point out the relevant sections. If not, then I don't really want to repeat everything he wrote. Also, I should note that from my reading of the indictment it appears that the Dutch intelligence service may be the source of a lot of the detail. We don't hear a lot about them, but it appears that they have operatives who are capable of breaking into Russian intelligence networks.

NorthReport
NDPP

"Anyone into Russiagate wonder why there will never be an Israelgate or a Saudigate? Someone explaining that at length would be a fun read."  

https://twitter.com/justinpodur/status/1020400144678834177

The short answer is msm Russiagate robots are not programmed for critical thought on such obvious contradictions. Russophobia rules supreme. 

WWWTT

@ MM

Yes of course I read your links! And I ask again, where’s the evidence that these accused where directed by Russian intelligence? All I have seen is hearsay accusation. 

Anyone could have paid these hackers. 

Not only that, as you pointed out this happens all over the world!

Remember this

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/12/18/sony-hack-timeline-interview-north-korea/20601645/

again, absolutely nothing concrete just hearsay 

josh

Hearsay, you say?  Are you waiting for a confession while a smoking gun is being held?  The indictments are pretty strong confirmation.  Of course you could believe it’s all a conspiracy by the deep state.

Michael Moriarity Michael Moriarity's picture

WWWTT wrote:

@ MM

Yes of course I read your links! And I ask again, where’s the evidence that these accused where directed by Russian intelligence? All I have seen is hearsay accusation. 

Anyone could have paid these hackers. 

Not only that, as you pointed out this happens all over the world!

Remember this

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/12/18/sony-hack-timeline-interview-north-korea/20601645/

again, absolutely nothing concrete just hearsay 

OK, let's take a swing at this.

Point zero is that I am assuming that the prosecutors who drafted the indictment aren't making it all up, but they actually do have some evidence of the things they allege. It is logically possible that the whole thing could be a fantasy with no connection to reality. If that is the case, none of the other points matter, because a complicated, consistent set of lies are still lies.

Point one is that throughout the indictment there are connections that indicate the various acts were done by the same group in a coordinated way, not by an assortment of different groups.

Micah Lee wrote:

The indictment says that the organization DCLeaks, which claimed that it was started by a group of “American hacktivists,” and the persona Guccifer 2.0, who claimed to be a Romanian “lone hacker,” are both controlled by the named Russian intelligence officers. DCLeaks operated the website dcleaks.com and the Twitter account @dcleaks_, and Guccifer 2.0 operated the website guccifer2.wordpress.com and the Twitter account @Guccifer_2.

Russian officers took steps to anonymize their hacking and infrastructure, according to the indictment, trying to leave no trace of their identity as they rented servers, registered internet domain names, and set up accounts for email, Twitter, and other uses. But they didn’t do the best job compartmentalizing this infrastructure. This allowed Mueller’s team to confirm that the same people were behind a number of ostensibly distinct operations: DCLeaks, Guccifer 2.0, the spear-phishing campaign, and the hacks of the DCCC and DNC networks.

For example, the spear-phishing emails that John Podesta, Clinton’s campaign chair, and others received included links to the URL shortening service Bitly. The Bitly account that created these links was registered using the email address “dirbinsaabol@mail.com.” The attackers used that same email address to create an account on a provider where they leased a server, which they paid for using an “online cryptocurrency service” (based on the wording of some instructions quoted in the indictment, I think the service in question may be BitPay). This same cryptocurrency account was used to pay for registering the domain name dcleaks.com. This means that whoever was behind the spear-phishing campaign (and thus the DCCC and DNC hacks) also bought the domain name dcleaks.com, and also leased this server.

Point two is that the actions of specific individuals, on specific dates are listed in such great detail that their actions must have been surveilled in real time.

Micah Lee wrote:

One thing that stood out while reading the indictment is how many times the document mentioned exactly what one of the defendants, GRU cyber operations officer Ivan Yermakov, was researching on the internet, and when:

  • “On or about March 28, 2016, YERMAKOV researched the names of Victims 1 and 2 and their association with Clinton on various social media sites.”
  • “For example, beginning on or about March 15, 2016, YERMAKOV ran a technical query for the DNC’s internet protocol configurations to identify connected devices.”, “On or about the same day, YERMAKOV searched for open-source information about the DNC network, the Democratic Party, and Hillary Clinton.”, “On or about April 7, 2016, YERMAKOV ran a technical query for the DCCC’s internet protocol configurations to identify connected devices.”
  • “During that time, YERMAKOV researched PowerShell commands related to accessing and managing the Microsoft Exchange Server.”
  • “On or about May 31, 2016, YERMAKOV searched for open-source information about Company 1 [CrowdStrike] and its reporting on X-Agent and X-Tunnel.”

How could the U.S. investigators have access to this information? Two explanations come to mind. The most likely is that the National Security Agency — or a foreign partner, like the Dutch intelligence service AIVD, reported to have provided information on the 2016 election-related hacks to U.S. authorities — compromised Yermakov’s computer and regularly logged his keystrokes or accessed his browser history. Another explanation would be that Yermakov used Google while logged into an account to do these searches, and the investigators learned his search history from Google. I find the latter to be less convincing because the search engine Yandex is much more popular in Russia, and are GRU officers really stupid enough to use California-based Google?

Point three is that there was a login to the Guccifer2 twitter account that didn't go through a vpn, and thus showed the IP address of a GRU network in Moscow. This ties all the actions together as coming from that GRU network.

Micah Lee wrote:

Someone used “the same pool of bitcoin funds” to pay for a Malaysian VPN service, as well as a Malaysian server to host the dcleaks.com website, the indictment states. Months later, someone logged into the @Guccifer_2 Twitter account from that same Malaysian VPN account. This confirms that the same people who are behind dcleaks.com also have access to the @Guccifer_2 Twitter account.

What isn’t mentioned in the indictment is that, on one occasion, someone reportedly logged into the @Guccifer_2 Twitter account without connecting to a VPN service first, revealing their real IP address. “Working off the IP address,” the Daily Beast stated in March, “U.S. investigators identified Guccifer 2.0 as a particular GRU officer working out of the agency’s headquarters on Grizodubovoy Street in Moscow.”

Point four is that the indictment contains information that almost certainly came from the logs of various companies that were used in the intrusions.  If someone has access to all these records, which the prosecutors would have, it is reasonably easy to string together the bits and pieces of evidence in a meaningful way.

Micah Lee wrote:

The quantity of technical details related to GRU’s 2016 cyberattacks show that the U.S. government has some impressive capabilities. But the primary capability they appear to have used wasn’t technical, it was legal: the subpoena. The U.S. government can compel companies to hand over data.

Based on reading the indictment, I think that the U.S. government almost certainly received data from Bitly, Twitter, Facebook, Google, WordPress, and probably from several other companies, including BitPay or other cryptocurrency payment processors, VPN providers, VPS hosting providers, and domain name registrars, among others. (Twitter and WordPress declined to comment. BitPay said, “BitPay has received subpoenas from U.S. government agencies but how the information is to be used or why it is requested is not shared with us.” Facebook and Google did not respond to a request for comment.)

With access to all of the information that companies have related to specific accounts, like IP addresses the attackers used to login to services from, time stamps of when they were active, copies of emails and direct messages sent, and potentially images of the hard drives attached to servers used in the attack, it’s possible to paint a very detailed picture.

What we see is that all the actions in the indictment were done by a single group. That group was sophisticated enough that it was almost certainly a state actor. The GRU is named, as are specific individuals in that organization. This seems to be based on having compromised the computers used by at least some of these individuals.

Unless the whole indictment is a fabric of lies, which I consider quite unlikely, there are logs and other records which can back up all the allegations, due to the very nature of these allegations. These can't just be guesses, they must be either lies or facts. I consider it overwhelmingly likely that they are facts, but that's just my opinion.

NDPP

"Forensic studies of 'Russian hacking' into DNC computers last year reveal that on July 5, 2016, data was leaked (not hacked) by a person with physical access to DNC computers. After examining metadata from the 'Guccifer 2.0', July 5, 2016 intrusion into the DNC server, independent cyber investigators have concluded that an insider copied DNC data onto an external storage device..."

https://consortiumnews.com/2018/07/15/memo-to-the-president-ahead-of-mon...

"There's a new religion in Washington which is called 'I hate Russia - Russia is the enemy.' And we must all bow and genuflect to this new religious icon. And that's the way you can take the American people's money, hard-earned tax dollars which could be used for housing, healthcare and things people need - and shovel it over to the defense contractors. Russophobia is manufactured consent. McCarthyism 2.0..."

CrossTalk: Denying Detente (and vid)

https://www.rt.com/shows/crosstalk/433770-russia-us-enemies-forever/

Pages

Topic locked