KremlinGate

1328 posts / 0 new
Last post
NDPP

FBI Paid Dossier Author Christopher Steele, Heavily Redacted Documents Show (and vid)

https://on.rt.com/9bpi

"Despite its complete redaction, it does confirm part of Trump's narrative that the FBI was colluding with the Clinton campaign, because we know that Christopher Steele was empoyed through Fusion GPS, an opposition research firm, and the contract was taken out by Perkins Coie, which is the law firm of Hillary Clinton's campaign.  It's very embarrassing for people who are trying to prove a Trump-Russia collusion." - Max Blumenthal -

How to cook up a nothing-burger.

josh

Clinton campaign colluding with the FBI?  Better than the Trump campaign colluding with the Russians.

NDPP

The Jimmy Dore Show

https://youtu.be/JZN42JKfkqU

"Liberal Russian journalists deeply skeptical of Russiagate."

Unbiased

NorthReport wrote:

Promoting the right-wing GOP here is definitely unusual to say the least. Bizarre might be more accurate.

Bizarre indeed Mr. Northreport.
And why do you think that might be?

It's the Mad Hatter's Tea Party.
Everything we thought we knew is topsy-turvy now.
We have US left-wingers screaming for war and praising the institutions they have traditionally castigated. The CIA are now the good guys.
CIA Waterboarding? But RUSSIA!
CIA interfering in foreign affairs and extrajudicial killing? But...RUSSIA!
Bashar al-Assad gassing his own citizens with barrel bombs! KILL HIM!
Oh, and while you're at it, kill Maduro. (He is not OUR kind of left winger)

Oh, but you meant the Canadian commentators here on Babble?

Promoting the right-wing GOP here?
Crazy right?

Well, Mr. NorthReport I believe it is not as unusual as you might think. Our media and the US media are so closely aligned as to be Siamese twins. The despicable CBC is now unavailable for objective opinion. But...RUSSIA?
In fact, on Google News earlier today, there was not a single mention of the attempted assassination of Maduro by our national broadcaster. Bizarre MIGHT be more accurate.

Jimmy Dore
Ok. I can take him or leave him. I kinda like the guy but your mileage may vary.

Anyways, for whatever reason, he identifies as "left" while still holding the feet of the left to the fire. And those feet are never so close as when he perceives their hawkishness. Say what you will, Jimmy Dore abhors war.
I can't find it now but Jimmy Dore recently did a show praising Tucker Carlson.
So. The Left praising the Right.

WHY?

Because Left and Right have little meaning anymore, both in the US and in Canada.
Rabble/Babble needs to think about this.

HELLO
Tucker Carlson praised by Jimmy Dore?

There is a sea change here. (I hope)

Dialectics.

Dialogue.
Real Dialogue.

Listen to each other.
Communicate.
commiserate.
Relate.
Try to understand.
Read the links and comment on them instead of just posting your own.
Dialogue!
Conversation.

voice of the damned wrote:

And yet, Democrats are all flocking over to the pro-CIA/FBI camp out of support for the investigation?

A sad state of affairs

 

Unbiased

Please ! 

This "conversation" is not a conversation

 

voice of the damned

Unbiased wrote:

 

voice of the damned wrote:

And yet, Democrats are all flocking over to the pro-CIA/FBI camp out of support for the investigation?

A sad state of affairs

Just for the record, that question of mine was rhetorical, in response to someone posting two polls, one supposedly showing that Democratic respondents were flocking over to support the CIA as a result of Russiagate, and the other supposedly showing how only 1% of Americans cared about the Russia investigation.  I was just questioning how both polls can be true.

I do agree that there is something a little askew about left-wingers supporting the CIA on an issue. That said, let's put this in a Canadian context: if the RCMP and CSIS were investigating a Harperite Prime Minister for some sort of electoral violations, and the Harperites were attacking the credibility of those agencies, how many Canadian progressives would be saying "Oh come on, these are the guys who burn down barns and taser people to death! I'm not gonna believe anything they say!"

NDPP

The Jimmy Dore Show

https://youtu.be/f0krkHRBaVI

"Rachel Maddow's crazy Russia mash-up."

Notice how intently Russophobes and Dem cheerleaders ignore this in-your-face reality. Let's try again...

Chomsky Admits Israeli Interests in US Elections Overwhelm Anything Russia Has Done

http://informationclearinghouse.info/49976.htm

" Israel is the real meddler. Is Noam Chomsky a 'puppet of Putin'?"

josh

"Saudi Arabia is the real human rights violator.  Why are you focusing on Israel?"

NDPP

Wrong thread. Blame Chomsky.

WWWTT

Here's the top three oil producers in the world

USA Saudia Arabia and Russia. Guess which one of those three doesn't care for using the green back for payment of their oil and is also a competitor? Cmon guess! Figured it out yet?

josh
NorthReport

The ‘Trump Tower’ meeting looks like it might be the straw that breaks Trump’s lock on the presidency

 

NorthReport
NorthReport

Shocking, just shocking. Who does this accounting firm think they are kidding!

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/07/manafort-accountant-leaving-firm-virginia-766042

NDPP

US Senate Calls Julian Assange to Testify on Russian 'Meddling'

https://youtu.be/VgNoQiGTLTs

"The US Senate Intelligence Committee has requested that persecuted WikiLeaks editor Julian Assange testify before committee staff."

 

Gates Claims Manafort Did Political Work For Ukraine's Poroshenko, Who Denies It

https://t.co/Hgbe2uaOWj

"Rick Gates, a former business partner of lobbyist and political consultant Paul Manafort, said he and Manafort did consulting work for Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko, something the Ukrainian leader has denied.

Tad Devine, a former Bernie Sanders campaign strategist who also worked with Manafort in Ukraine, writing Yanukovych's 2010 victory speech, attached to his email to Gates a draft agreement for Manafort's firm to work on Poroshenko's campaign..."

NDPP

Is Russia An Adversary?

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/08/09/is-russia-an-adversary/

"...If Paul Manafort, Don Jr and Jared Kushner had met with Canadian agents in Trump Tower I doubt there would have been any controversy. The fact is, Trump won the election and many of those stunned by that, wish to undermine him using Cold-War type Russophobia. 

I am happy to see Trump besieged, rattled and possibly facing impeachment. But to bring him down on the basis of 'Russian collusion', on the assumption that Russia is an adversary, would only advantage the warmongers who want no-fly zones over Syria and military support for the Kiev regime against the Donbas separatists. Vice President Pence I believe favors both...'

kropotkin1951 kropotkin1951's picture

Oh my god everyone except Hillary and the DNC are Russian dupes. Thanks for letting us know. Maybe now the US electorate will get behind the DNC's next choice for President.   Of course only after they nominate that person in their  transparent and totally fair and untampered with process.

US politics is a load of horseshit but then it alway has been.

“There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress." –Mark Twain

NDPP

Q&A with Paul Jay & Aaron Mate (and vid 5/5)

https://therealnews.com/series/qa-with-paul-jay-and-aaron-mate

"Part 5 of an interactive discussion about what can be done to counter fear-mongering."

NDPP

TRNN: Russiagate Frenzy Targets Leftist Sites (and vid, pt 2)

https://therealnews.com/stories/russiagate-frenzy-targets-leftist-sites-...

"Russiagate has deepened the partnership between Washington and Silica Valley, and leftist websites are among the first casualties. Greg Wilpert, Max Blumenthal."

NDPP

The Jimmy Dore Show

https://youtu.be/JHZXVWUxxDU

https://youtu.be/fFQYWBZjNfc

"VIPS Professional Bill Binney sets the record straight on Guccifer 2.0 and Mueller's latest indictments."

josh

Trump revokes John Brennan’s security clearance and Brennan responds:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/16/opinion/john-brennan-trump-russia-collusion-security-clearance.html

Unbiased

Shoutout to josh. Do YOU know what it means?

Unbiased

josh wrote:

Trump revokes John Brennan’s security clearance and Brennan responds:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/16/opinion/john-brennan-trump-russia-col...

Well. No harm in visiting the provided links I thought to myself.
Am I possibly the only one who does that here?
Surely not. For example I am sure that josh carefully scrutinizes the writing in all the links that NDPP posts as does NDPP carefully read the articles mentioned by NorthReport. I mean, this is a conversation, right?

I am no big fan of the NYT and haven't been for a long time but I decided to take the plunge and check out the link.

My first instinct was just to type ROFLMAO, but that would have been contrary to my decision to actually dialogue with other Babble members.

It was extremely difficult to read. I confess I began posting a response before I had read it all. Am the only one who does that?  
I went back and tried not to vomit. Gravol would have helped but somehow I managed to make it through without.

John Brennan writing?
The man is a troglodyte and clearly could not have written it himself so let's discuss the ghostwriter's article.
(I wrote troglodyte, but perhaps a more appropriate epithet might be alligator as they inhabit swamps and not caves.)

From the "article"
"Over the previous several years I had grown weary of Mr. Bortnikov’s denials of Russia’s perfidy"

Haha. Seriously.. perfidy?
If that word is in Brennan’s lexicology I would be amazed.
see above,, ghostwriter

Shoutout to josh. Do YOU know what it means?

"I warned Mr. Bortnikov that Russian interference in our election was intolerable and would roil United States-Russia relations for many years,"

roil. wow... cool word!
Shoutout to josh. Do YOU know what it means?

Ok. It seems I am picking on you.  Well, yes I am.
You seem to be the most uninformed poster on Babble.

Since I first encountered your posts I have been amazed at how uninf9rmed you are... Haha.. sorry. but is it ok to call you an idiot?

I worked hard on that response. Putting one's thoughts into words is not easy.
Maybe Y'all should give it a go.

josh
voice of the damned

Unbiased:

Since your last post seems to be entirely about John Brennan's alleged lack of vocabulary, I'm curious as to why you assume that about him. According to his wiki bio, he has a PoliSci degree from Fordham, an MA in Middle East Studies from Texas at Austin, and studied Arabic for a year in Egypt. Unless you think he paid a ghostwriter to do all that work for him, I'd wager he's someone who knows what "perfidy" means.

Not that I think his vocabulary proves anything either way about his moral character, but since you seem to be framing it as an important issue...

NDPP

@josh

And you have it bad.

voice of the damned

And this is coming from a guy who regularly hired the services of Roy Cohn.

bekayne

josh

Yep.

NDPP

Former CIA Diretor John Brennan's Brief For Dismantling Democracy

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2018/08/18/pers-a18.html

"...The implications of his argument are clear. All social discontent within the US is the work of 'Russian puppet masters' exploiting 'gullible' individuals. If 'freedoms and liberties' provide an opening for such operations, then these freedoms must be restricted. To 'save democracy' it is necessary to abolish it..."

The Jimmy Dore Show

https://youtu.be/lWurVlHdSWA

"Celebrities shame voters instead of the powerful."

voice of the damned

I agree that it's a bit much to blame any breakdown in American political culture solely on Russian spambots. There had to be people in the USA to begin with who were vulnerable to the Jesus Vs. Satan armwrestling meme for that to work.

That said, I do know that I have heard Canadian progressives say on numerous occassions "Groups like REAL Women are importing American-style fundamentalism into Canada!!", as if this constituted some sort of existential crisis for Canadian values. Apparently, they, like Brennan, have doubts about the ability of their populace to discern foreign-propaganda crap when they see it.

And, on that score, if some privately-owned Canadian social-media site decided they didn't want to host ads from Real Women, I'm kind of doubting that too many of us would consider that to be a violation of anyone's free speech.

josh

NDPP wrote:

@josh

And you have it bad.

No surprise you take the side of Herr Trump.

NDPP

You forgot to include Putin.

josh

That goes without saying.

NDPP

Dems Raise Concerns Over Bolton's Ties to Russia

https://twitter.com/GeorgeSzamuely/status/1031673484546584576

"No, this has no resemblance to McCarthyism. Suggesting that John Bolton is a Russian agent is cool reasonableness."

The Russiagate dem cult of believe-whatever-they-tell -you gets batshit crazier by the day...

Michael Moriarity Michael Moriarity's picture

NDPP wrote:

Dems Raise Concerns Over Bolton's Ties to Russia

https://twitter.com/GeorgeSzamuely/status/1031673484546584576

"No, this has no resemblance to McCarthyism. Suggesting that John Bolton is a Russian agent is cool reasonableness."

The Russiagate dem cult of believe-whatever-they-tell -you gets batshit crazier by the day...

Yeah, you'd have to be a fanatic to deny that Bolton is a straight up, honest, good guy. Just look at his record.

NDPP

That's not what I said or believe. But if you seriously believe this shit then you are seriously delusional whether you realize it or not.

Michael Moriarity Michael Moriarity's picture

NDPP wrote:

That's not what I said or believe. But if you seriously believe this shit then you are seriously delusional whether you realize it or not.

I read the article, and I agree that it doesn't give any serious evidence of Bolton being in the pay of Russia. On the other hand, it does show him in association, through the NRA, with Mariya Butina, an accused Russian agent. Plus, we all know that Bolton is for sale to the highest bidder, as long as he gets to participate in planning war and destruction on a large scale, and he also loves him some strong-man leaders, so it isn't beyond reason that he would be willing to listen to offers from the Putin government.

Edited to add: I guess if I am seriously delusional, I'm not very likely to realize it, am I? LOL.

NDPP

I'm embarrassed for you Michael. Russophobia has made you gullible and receptive to nonsense. 'Reason' has nothing to do with it. If it was reason you'd be searching out alternative versions and comparing, contrasting and fact-checking. It's the propaganda you prefer and very much wish to believe and so you do. But it's not a pretty sight I can tell you. I hope you come to see it someday. I'm amazed. I thought after Iraq and 'WMDs' (Mueller there too incidentally) we collectively all learned how these big corporate media were liars and setter of traps. And yet just look at all the poor schmucks following these same pied pipers all over again.

 Butina is guilty of nothing. She was a student and gun-nut excited about taking  the NRA culture back to Russia, for which Bolton, also an NRA apostle, was paid to speak at a function she promoted. I even posted a bit of his talk here way back when because it was so...gun-nutty and so Bolton.  Anyway I'm wasting keystrokes. 'Believers' will always choose their gospel of faith over facts, and there's a sucker born every minute perhaps two when it comes to Russiagate.

Like 'Salem Witch Trials': Butina Treated 'Inhumanly' in Custody...

https://youtu.be/t6KhT09NfLo

"Factually she's innocent and was not functioning as an agent of the Russian Federation when she was in the US. She was simply a student. Conduct that would normally be legal has somehow become illegal. But just so your viewers are clear, there's no allegation of espionage, there's no allegation of classified information, there's no allegation she was paying anyone off, there's no allegation she was recruiting spies - nothing you would typically see in an espionage case..." - Butina's defence lawyer.

Michael Moriarity Michael Moriarity's picture

Needless to say, NDPP, I consider your description of my system of beliefs mistaken, but I think it would be pointless to go into more detail at this time. And yes, eventually one of us may change their mind, as more evidence becomes available, but it is certainly also possible that will never happen.

Edited to add: If she is as innocent as her lawyer says (and it is his job to say that she is innocent, whatever the case may be) then she will be found not guilty, and I will happily admit that you were right on this particular case.

Edited again to say that as a matter of fact, I never supported the U.S. invasion of Iraq and I never believed the WMD claims. I preferred the opinion of Hans Blix and his U.N. inspectors, that WMD had all been destroyed.

NDPP

The Russians Did It (Cont.)

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/08/21/the-russians-did-it-cont/

"Each day I spend about three hours reading the Washington Post. Amongst other things I'm looking for evidence - real, legal, courtroom-quality evidence, or at least something logical and rational - to pin down these awful Russkies for their many recent crimes, from  the outcome of the 2016 US presidential election to use of a nerve agent in the UK .

But I do not find such evidence..."

NDPP

Super-Hawk John Bolton and 'Agent Butina' Connections: The Democrats' New Russiagate Target (and vid)

https://on.rt.com/9ctd

"Unfortunately for collusion enthusiasts, Bolton's actual 'ties' to Russia remain fairly tenuous and the latest attempt to brand him as some kind of Russian dupe looks awfully desperate."

Hey, with this witch-hunt no proof is necessary. Forget the trial, get on with the hanging.

Michael Moriarity Michael Moriarity's picture

Well, Michael Cohen isn't the world's most credible witness, but his lawyer Lanny Davis (a charter member of the Clinton fan club) says that Cohen has knowledge, which he will share with prosecutors, of Trump's personal participation in conspiracy with the Russians to hack the DNC.

Alex Lockie wrote:

Specifically, he said Cohen was willing to provide the special counsel Robert Mueller with evidence that Trump worked with Russia to sway the election.

"Michael Cohen knows information that would be of interest to the special counsel regarding both knowledge about a conspiracy to corrupt American democracy by the Russians and the failure to report that knowledge to the FBI," Davis said.

NDPP

There was no hack. There was a leak.  But speaking of revelations at trial...

Paul Manafort Trial: Bernie Sanders' Aide Also Worked For Ukraine

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/paul-manafort-trial-bern...

The entire Democratic party has become born-again Russia-haters, but no one is bothered by the fact that Bernie Sanders' longtime top aide was working for this guy for $10,000 per day? Mr Mueller's team pursued three other investigations into lawyers who did work in Ukraine. The cases involve Gregory B Craig, who served as White House counsel under President Barack Obama...Tony Podesta, an influential Washington lobbyist whose brother, John D Podesta was chairman of Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign; and former Representative Vin Weber, Republican of Minnesota, who joined the lobbying firm Mercury Public Affairs after leaving Congress..."

Michael Moriarity Michael Moriarity's picture

Reduced to citing the National Review, huh? As far as the emails issue goes, I find the argument that it was only a leak technically very weak. If you'd like to present the detailed case for why it was a leak (not just a link to a long, polemical article) I'd be glad to tell you why I disagree.

NDPP

If I didn't seek out alternative viewpoints Michael I'd believe nothing but nonsense as you apparently do. Quite aside from the fact you evidently regard the NYT or WaPo as unimpeachable sources of divine truth do you deny the information contained in my posting? Bill Binney, former technical director of the NSA has demolished the hack argument of the DNC and I have already argued that view with you and seen your 'evidence'. It doesn't hold up to Binney's   [#1271]. As important as the down-load speed contradictions in my view are the obvious conclusions to be drawn by the DNCs very telling refusal to submit their servers to independent examination. Enjoy your  journey down this ridiculous Russophobic rabbit-hole, I'll not be joining you.

NDPP

Proof that Manafort and Cohen are Criminals Adds No Weight to Mueller's Russia Collusion Probe.

https://on.rt.com/9cvu

"What do Paul Manafort's five counts of tax fraud, one count of hiding foreign bank accounts and two counts of bank fraud all have in common? None of them have anything to do with collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

It's important to remember that Special Counsel Robert Mueller was appointed to investigate one thing: 'any links or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with Trump's campaign.' That is what the Mueller investigation is primarily about and that is what it has so far been unable to prove..."

Michael Moriarity Michael Moriarity's picture

OK, I watched that 2-part interview of Bill Binney by Jimmy Dore, throwing away 20 minutes of my life, and now I'm going to waste even more time commenting on it. Jimmy Dore is a well-intentioned fellow, but more emotional than analytical in his approach to any question, and he has no technical knowledge whatsoever. Binney has a very honourable record, and obviously a strong technical background, but I think he's jumped the shark on this one. I will comment on 3 aspects of the interview.

1. Binney says that the U.S. military/industrial/intelligence/media complex is not to be trusted because they have always lied about anything they didn't want people to know. I agree with this fully.

2. Binney says that the indictment of the 12 Russian GRU agents is phony because what they did is just what spies do, on all sides. While this is just what spies do, it doesn't mean that it isn't illegal. However, the most important point is all the technical allegations in the indictment, which Binney didn't even deign to comment on. To me, the picture the indictment paints is very convincing, even though it is unlikely that any of those charged will ever be tried.

3. The only evidence Binney cited to prove that the hack didn't happen was based on download speeds and file timestamps.

Since UNIX was first created, in the mid 1970s, it has always contained the standard utility touch, which allows a person to manipulate time stamps however they like. So timestamps are mostly useless when dealing with a skilled adversary.

Binney's exact comment on download speeds was that the speed, while consistent with copying to a thumb drive, is too fast for an internet connection "to Russia, or anywhere in europe". Well, according to the indictment, the GRU had rented VPS servers in the U.S. to which they downloaded the documents. I have a few VPSs that I maintain, and I can easily get the same download speeds from those that I can get from a thumb drive (which are generally rather slow). Also, while he doesn't say it, it seems likely that datestamps are being used to determine the download speed, so those could also be changed. Not only that, there are a number of UNIX utilities that will make a copy over the internet while preserving the original timestamps, for example rsync.

I find Binney's assurance that this was a leak rather than a hack technically quite unjustified.

NDPP

'Too Big to Fail': Russia-gate One Year After VIPS Showed a Leak, Not a Hack

https://consortiumnews.com/2018/08/13/too-big-to-fail-russia-gate-one-ye...

"...The basic evidence that Russiagate is a false narrative concocted by various constituents of national power, stands, difficult as this is to discern. Scrape back all that is ethically unacceptable and unscrupulously conveyed into the public sphere and you find that nothing has changed: No one 'hacked' the Democratic party's mail in the summer of 2016. It was leaked locally. From what one can make out, it was done to expose the party leadership's corrupt efforts to sink Bernie Sanders' insurgent campaign to win the Democratic nomination.

Binney told me: 'Once we proved G-2.0 is a fabrication and a manipulator, the timing and location questions couldn't be answered but really didn't matter. I don't right now see a way of absolutely proving either time or location. But this doesn't change anything. We know what we know: The intrusion into the Democratic National Committee mail was a local download - whatever 'local' is. That doesn't change. As to Rosenstein, he'll have a lot to prove.'

But in another, very profound way, more has changed since VIPS50 was published than one could have imagined a year ago. American discourse has descended into a dangerous level of irrationality. The most ordinary statements of evidentiary procedure are foregone. Many of our key institutions - the foreign policy apparatus, the media, key intelligence and law enforcement agencies, the political leadership - are now extravagantly committed to a narrative none appears able to control. The risk of self-inflicted damage these institutions assume, should the truth of the Russiagate events emerge - as one day it surely will - is nearly incalculable. This is what inspires my McCarthy and Civil War references. Russia-gate, in a phrase, has become too big to fail."

NDPP

Loud & Clear (and podcast)

https://twitter.com/ThePolemicist_/status/1031990421134696449

"New cracks emerge in 'Russiagate': beneath the headlines. 'Like a clown-car of lawyers,' and in the meantime the country is falling apart."

Pages

Topic locked