MH17 and Trump
This latest incident in the MH17 saga is relevant to the recent American elections. Donald Trump is being accused of outright treason by the Obama regime and the major US media; he is accused with a vehemence and intensity that surpasses that which poisoned the atmosphere surrounding President Kennedy just before he was assassinated and surpassing that which threatened a coup against Franklin Delano Roosevelt in the 1930’s when his New Deal programs caused open talk of military coups against him.
During the American elections Trump caused more consternation in Washington and New York wen he stated that he doubted the media version of events concerning MH17 and stated that their should be an independent investigation. Now that Trump has been elected, a group, including this writer, led by the German journalist Billy Six, has written an open letter to President-Elect trump calling on him to honour his statements. The letter, dated November 25, 2016 states as follows:
“Dear Mr. Trump,
Your election has raised hopes that easing of tensions, between U.S. and Russia, and peacemaking in Europe in general is achievable. Settlement of the ongoing conflict in Eastern Ukraine and lifting the sanctions against Russia, which is vital for the world community, has a realistic chance now. With this in mind, there is also hope for a higher quality investigation into the disputed downing of MH17, as you expressed your doubts in an October 2015 interview, regarding the proof of Russian guilt:
‘They say it wasn’t them. It may have been their weapon, but they didn’t use it, they didn’t fire it, they even said the other side fired it to blame them. I mean to be honest with you, you’ll probably never know for sure.’ (MSNBC)
Indeed, we agree with you, we will never be sure, with the kind of investigation we have seen over the past two years. The official investigation of the “Dutch Safety Board“ (DSB) and the “Joint Investigation Team“(JIT) was neither independent nor convincing. This kind of investigation forms a huge burden particularly to the families who lost their loved ones in the downing of MH17. They need to know the truth.
WE ARE ASKING YOU, TO PLEASE PUSH FOR A NEW INVESTIGATION. This could happen within an international framework like the U.N. comprising the following aspects:
- A team of international, independent scientists who would be able to exclude veto power for any government. This exclusion of veto is especially important, due to the overwhelming role of one of the involved parties, Ukraine. The main source of information to the DSB and JIT used for their official investigations was SBU, the Ukrainian secret service.
- Keeping all scenarios on the table.
- Declassifying and releasing “available satellite images” claimed by Secretary of State, John Kerry, on 20th of July 2014; or (if not) disclaiming their existence.
- Conducting forensic examination of impact holes (for metal residues) in the MH17 wreckage and reproducing the same pattern of damage by shelling tests (as usually done in crime cases). Completing key information fields, such as body forensics, voice recorder, radar data etc.
- Prior construction of, a clear path to an international, objective trial in the U.N. framework with judges from countries which are not connected with the crash.
FURTHERMORE, WE ARE ASKING YOU TO PLEASE INITIATE PEACE TALKS WITH ALL PARTIES CONCERNED (including but not limited to Russia, Ukraine, and the EU) aiming at settling the dispute and establishing a reconstruction plan for Eastern Ukraine including the compensation of the MH17 families.
Thank you so much, in advance, for your attention to this matter.
Independent journalists & experts on MH17.”
- MARK BARTALMAI, journalist & Ukraine documentaries producer, GERMANY
- DR. THIERRY BAUDET, journalist, publicist & initiator of Dutch referendum on EU/Ukraine association agreement, NETHERLANDS
- BERND BIEDERMANN, missile defense colonel ret., military attaché ret. & book author, GERMANY
- CHRISTOPHER BLACK, international criminal lawyer, CANADA
- NORBERT FLEISCHER, investigative journalist, GERMANY
- PROF. DR. ELMAR GIEMULLA, lawyer of German MH17 victims, GERMANY
- DR. HERMANN HAGENA, airforce general ret. & author of MH17 military study, GERMANY
- PROF. DSC. OTTO-FRIEDRICH HAGENA, physicist, GERMANY
- PETER HAISENKO, journalist, publisher & former “Lufthansa” pilot, GERMANY
- JOHN HELMER, longest-serving foreign correspondent in Russia, UNITED STATES
- FRANK HÖFER, journalist & film producer, GERMANY
- DIETER KLEEMANN, airforce colonel / trainer ret. & book author, GERMANY
- PATRICK LANCASTER, investigative journalist with 100s of hours on MH17 site from day one & U.S. Navy veteran, UNITED STATES
- DR. JAMES O´NEILL, barrister on human rights & geopolitical analyst, AUSTRALIA
- JOOST NIEMÖLLER, journalist & MH17 book author, NETHERLANDS
- GRAHAM PHILLIPS, investigative journalist, UNITED KINGDOM
- PROF. DR. KEES VAN DER PIJL, political scientist, peace activist & author, NETHERLANDS
- HECTOR REBAN, political analyst & blogger on MH17, NETHERLANDS
- NORBERT K. REISBERG, Lt.-Col. ret., airforce pilot ret. & military scientist, GERMANY
- DAN SHEPPARD, private MH17 researcher, AUSTRALIA
- JOACHIM SIEGERIST, journalist, publisher & author, GERMANY
- BILLY SIX, investigative journalist & book author, GERMANY
- MAX VAN DER WERFF, blogger & private MH17 investigator, NETHERLANDS
- PROF. KAREL VAN WOLFEREN, journalist, political analyst & book author, NETHERLANDS
- MOHD AZAHAR ZANUDIN, technician, supplier for army/police & blogger on MH17, MALAYSIA
To this date we have no reply from Mr. Trump but he should seriously think about a reply because this will be another litmus test for Mr. Trump and those hoping against hope that his regime will adopt a friendlier approach to Russia; that is, whether he is serious about resetting relations with Russia or, instead, his statements to that effect are just more of his opportunistic rhetoric. Assuming he is allowed to take office, of course. And what world is it in which we all wonder whether an elected US president will be allowed to take office by the opposing party? We can only watch in fearful fascination as the struggle for power within the United States develops. For if Trump is serious then one of the first things he can do is to act on his word and call for an international investigation into MH17. Just that one step would go a long way to showing his good faith towards Russia. But will that one step be just one step too far?