The murderous Israeli apartheid regime

571 posts / 0 new
Last post
NDPP

The Gazan Ziada Family Versus Benny Gantz

https://twitter.com/AliAbunimah/status/1091270960978776070

"Wow! Benny Gantz murdered hundreds of children in Gaza in 2014 and is now running to be Israeli prime minister. One of his victims has filed a lawsuit against him in the Netherlands..."

Given that some people in Canada continue to raise many millions for the cause of Apartheid Israel, perhaps this should also be supported.

montgomery

NDPP wrote:

The Gazan Ziada Family Versus Benny Gantz

https://twitter.com/AliAbunimah/status/1091270960978776070

"Wow! Benny Gantz murdered hundreds of children in Gaza in 2014 and is now running to be Israeli prime minister. One of his victims has filed a lawsuit against him in the Netherlands..."

Given that some people in Canada continue to raise many millions for the cause of Apartheid Israel, perhaps this should also be supported.

Excellent! A challenge to all to come out firmly against the Zionist apartheid regime. And along with that challenge goes the challenge against the US as the only reason why that evil apartheid can continue to exist. Motions to the UNSC have been defeated time after time because of the US veto. And of course usually with the US's Nato allies with a voice in the UNSC, siding with the US, or a chickenshit abstention.

Nesessary disclaimer: 

We're talking apartheid regime, not Israel. Supposing positively there is a difference.

Paladin1

montgomery wrote:

Fwiw, you are totally bereft of knowledge on the topic of the Ukraine situation.

Possible. Much of my opinion on the subject is based off of people I've spoke with while in Lviv and Starychi, Ukraine. Whats your source?

Wait..

Quote:

I could back up my accusations but that's not the tactic I'm going to choose to use.

You can back up your accusations but you won't? Do you realize how ridiclous that sounds?

montgomery

Paladin1 wrote:

Possible. Much of my opinion on the subject is based off of people I've spoke with while in Lviv and Starychi, Ukraine. Whats your source?

 

Tell me Paladin, why on earth would you expect anybody you speak to in Lviv to voice pro-Russian sentiments?

I'll frame the debate as you supporting the US contention that the Ukraine is opposed to Russian influence, while I take the opposite view. And I'll also add that the Crimea chose to side with Russia in a referencum with a resounding 90+% plurality. 

Not to say that Russia would have let the Crimea go anyway. It's too strategically important to Russia, and of course the US promoters of war knew that the rubber would meet the road on that piece of Real estate.

It's a great debate to have Paladin, because it begs the question of who is supporting one side or the other? I think I hear the majority on this board siding with Russia.

 

Ken Burch Ken Burch's picture

montgomery wrote:

Paladin1 wrote:

montgomery wrote:

 You display a lack of conviction.

About NATO? Yup you bet. I'm not so bold as to think or suggest I'm 100% right about something as tangable complex and fluid as NATO. It's not a matter of math as it is in the Canada in Iraq case. I'm open to being wrong and it doesn't hurt my ego when I am.

Quote:
On the Ukraine specifically, it doesn't fit as an example because it was a clear case of the US fomenting revolution against a duly elected government. And there's ample evidence to show that the US was actively involved. This is once again, a clear example of US attempts to infringe on Russia's borders. Not at all unlike Georgia and very similar to the US purpose of it's 99 Kosovo war.

Russia and the USA like fucking with each other. USA will make up bullshit reasons to get involved in the affairs of other countries and so will Russia. USA assassinates people with drones and democracy, Russia uses poison tipped umbrellas.  Russia went on the record denying they had any soldiers in the Ukraine, then a Russian sgt forgot to take off the geotag on one of his selfies which placed his unit clearly inside Ukraine borders. Whoops.

The 1973 Yom Kippur war between Egypt and Syria against Israel? That was a big wargame by the US and Russia pitting Western and Eastern bloc vehicles, equipment, tactics and doctrine against each other.

Quote:

Are you honestly and truly prepared to argue the talking points for Nato?

Sure.

You've waffled on the question. The question is clearly on the US being on the side of wrong and it being the aggressor. I contend that Russia is now on the side of right and has been since the fall of the Soviet Union. (and on a thread for the specific topic, indeed before the fall of the S.U.)

Fwiw, you are totally bereft of knowledge on the topic of the Ukraine situation. It has to be that or you have been propagandized into supporting Nato. I could back up my accusations but that's not the tactic I'm going to choose to use. I'm not going to be able to make my point with you. 

But the value in having the debate is to draw the others into it and then begin to expand on the talking points. I have support for my opinion and you have some too. But where the rubber truly does meet the road is in hearing the hearts and minds of some very committed NDP'ers.

Shall we take it to a thread on Nato exclulsively before we are at the point of losing everything we've said so far? Or will this topic be tolerated here? 

NEITHER the US nor Russia is on "the side of right".  Both are simply on the side(as is China)of making themselves the global hegemon.  It's silly to be on the "side" of any of them-the only "side" the Left should be on is the side of the poor, the powerless, the dispossessed, the oppressed in all lands.  No superpower or would-be superpower is ever going to liberate those people, the people who make up the rainbow majority of the human race.

montgomery

Ken Burch wrote:

 

NEITHER the US nor Russia is on "the side of right".  Both are simply on the side(as is China)of making themselves the global hegemon.  It's silly to be on the "side" of any of them-the only "side" the Left should be on is the side of the poor, the powerless, the dispossessed, the oppressed in all lands.  No superpower or would-be superpower is ever going to liberate those people, the people who make up the rainbow majority of the human race.

Well Ken, it's my strong contention that you are wrong. And the sole reason I'll give to begin the debate is the fact that it hasn't been Russia or China that has been the aggressor since the end of WW2. It's been the US.

The US has started 40 wars of aggression since WW2 and is on the verge of starting the 41st. 

I challenge you to answer to that fact! 

My challenge is for now at least based on the fact that Russia (not the Soviet Union, it doesn't exist) has not started any wars but has used defensive force to defend it's borders. And China has obviously and clearly taken a non-inerventionist approach to world affairs, as it declared it would.

The left should be on the side of the people as you suggest, but why is it that you haven't considered that China has lifted millions of people up out of poverty, to a degree that the world has never seen throughout history? WHY?

kropotkin1951 kropotkin1951's picture

montgomery wrote:

Well Ken, it's my strong contention that you are wrong. And the sole reason I'll give to begin the debate is the fact that it hasn't been Russia or China that has been the aggressor since the end of WW2. It's been the US.

The US has started 40 wars of aggression since WW2 and is on the verge of starting the 41st. 

I challenge you to answer to that fact! 

I am certain that Ken is well aware of that fact.

In the meantime in Israel the murderous regime continues using its own version of our Indian Act style laws to "legally" deny Palestinian "citizens" basic democratic rights.

The IDF destroyed the educational facility in Abu al-Nawwar located in the east Jerusalem, saying it was built "illegally" and "without the necessary permits." The move was approved by Israel's Supreme Court.

Israeli forces used a helicopter to demolish two classes in the facility, locals said, according to the local journal Daily Sabah. 

Before the EU-funded building was constructed, children in the area would have to cross a highway to reach the town of Al-Azariya, located 3.2 kilometers away. 

Diplomats in the region have also condemned the move. 

Shadi Othman, head of media in the EU office in Jerusalem, said his organization "demanded from Israel more than once not to demolish projects the European Union funds and which aim to improve the living conditions of the Palestinians," Reuters reported. 

https://www.telesurenglish.net/news/Bedouin-Children-Protest-Hold-Palest...

 

Ken Burch Ken Burch's picture

montgomery wrote:

Ken Burch wrote:

 

NEITHER the US nor Russia is on "the side of right".  Both are simply on the side(as is China)of making themselves the global hegemon.  It's silly to be on the "side" of any of them-the only "side" the Left should be on is the side of the poor, the powerless, the dispossessed, the oppressed in all lands.  No superpower or would-be superpower is ever going to liberate those people, the people who make up the rainbow majority of the human race.

Well Ken, it's my strong contention that you are wrong. And the sole reason I'll give to begin the debate is the fact that it hasn't been Russia or China that has been the aggressor since the end of WW2. It's been the US.

The US has started 40 wars of aggression since WW2 and is on the verge of starting the 41st. 

I challenge you to answer to that fact! 

My challenge is for now at least based on the fact that Russia (not the Soviet Union, it doesn't exist) has not started any wars but has used defensive force to defend it's borders. And China has obviously and clearly taken a non-inerventionist approach to world affairs, as it declared it would.

The left should be on the side of the people as you suggest, but why is it that you haven't considered that China has lifted millions of people up out of poverty, to a degree that the world has never seen throughout history? WHY?

I never said the US was right, or innocent, or anything remotely close to that.  It's just that I reject the idea that China or Russia are innocent either, or that the world would be better with either of those nations as hegemon.  What we need is a world with NO hegemon but the people.

I'll grant that people have come out of poverty in China in great numbers, but none of that justifies the Chinese government's paranoia or its ludicrous obsession with shutting down all forms of dissent.  The fact that the regime there has made people's lives better does not mean that no dissent can possibly be legitimate, OR that there's no alternative to doing thing's exactly the way that regime dictates.

As to Russia, I cannot support Putin's fixation with silencing dissent and his completely unjustified demonization of LGBTQ people.  Putin's way of running Russia is not the only way that country could be governed, and disagreeing with the man's methods is no crime. 

I stand with the people, not with ANY regime. Liberation will not come with China or Russia as hegemon anymore than it ever could with the US as hegemon.  The world doesn't need strongmen, or belligerent nationalists, or rulers who keep power by demonizing "the other".  All of that should be in the past.

And montgomery, you are not entitled to demand anything from me, or from anyone else on this board.  You are simply one poster among all the other posters.  

montgomery

Ken Burch wrote:

 

I never said the US was right, or innocent, or anything remotely close to that.  It's just that I reject the idea that China or Russia are innocent either, or that the world would be better with either of those nations as hegemon.  What we need is a world with NO hegemon but the people.

First of all Ken, thank you for addressing my on-topic remarks with your own. It's only your closing remarks where you slide back to the personal attack! Good! 

No, you said that neither the US or Russia was on the side of right, and I disagree with you. I can get into lots of detail if you like but I thought the fact of the 40 US wars of aggression would suffice. You say that you reject the suppositon that China and Russia are innocent but you don't elaborate on that in the context of the conversation. I would assume you would want to refer to Russia's action in the Ukraine and Crimea but you don't specify. If you do then I'll be happy to pursue the issue further with you. Or, any other example you choose to use??

Quote:
I'll grant that people have come out of poverty in China in great numbers, but none of that justifies the Chinese government's paranoia or its ludicrous obsession with shutting down all forms of dissent.  The fact that the regime there has made people's lives better does not mean that no dissent can possibly be legitimate, OR that there's no alternative to doing thing's exactly the way that regime dictates.

I said millions but I should have said hundreds of millions have been  lifted out of poverty. It's a huge socially responsible achievement by China but I neglected to dwell at any length on the negative side. If you wish to pursue that conversation on China then I'll be more than happy to join you.

Quote:
As to Russia, I cannot support Putin's fixation with silencing dissent and his completely unjustified demonization of LGBTQ people.  Putin's way of running Russia is not the only way that country could be governed, and disagreeing with the man's methods is no crime.

As to addressing the LGBTQ stance of Russia, I'll comment in length if you wish but for now I'll say that Russia is not as socially advanced on the issue as most other Western nations. So you have an issue with that, but certainly not an issue with me. If you desire more dialogue on the isssue, I'll be here for it.

Quote:
I stand with the people, not with ANY regime. Liberation will not come with China or Russia as hegemon anymore than it ever could with the US as hegemon.  The world doesn't need strongmen, or belligerent nationalists, or rulers who keep power by demonizing "the other".  All of that should be in the past.

On that issue specifically, I see no rebuttal in it of what I've said, nor do I see any correlation to the topic at hand. But I will say that the US is the guilty party and China/Russia is not. Without specifics I can't say much more than that. As I've said Ken, it's the US that has started all the wars and is at this moment threatening to wage war with Venezuela and rain bombs down on the people.

Quote:
And montgomery, you are not entitled to demand anything from me, or from anyone else on this board.  You are simply one poster among all the other posters.  

You seem to be demaning a lot of me Ken, but I'll ignore that, in the interest of staying on topic. 

And I really do have to risk saying that I think the problem that you, Sean, and Michael are having is that you simply feel upstaged by me. I really do wish that could end! You people mentioned are really the heart of this board (Kropotkin too) and so I see you as representing the heart of the NDP here too. You are pushing to make a political orphan of me, because if my politics can't gain acceptance on this board then where do I go?  I'm really getting close to saying to hell with it. Is that what you want?

Yes, indeed I am monty1. So make that your motherhood issue Ken and others if you think that's what Tommy would do? It's the easy way out for people of your ilk Ken! 

Sean in Ottawa

montgomery wrote:

 

Yes, indeed I am monty1. So make that your motherhood issue Ken and others if you think that's what Tommy would do? It's the easy way out for people of your ilk Ken! 

Did the board allow you a new name or did you sneak back on with a new identity to get around the banning?

If the board allowed you to come back with a new name WHY?

montgomery

Sean in Ottawa wrote:

montgomery wrote:

 

Yes, indeed I am monty1. So make that your motherhood issue Ken and others if you think that's what Tommy would do? It's the easy way out for people of your ilk Ken! 

 

Did the board allow you a new name or did you sneak back on with a new identity to get around the banning?

If the board allowed you to come back with a new name WHY?

I dunno Shine? I just registered as montgomery. 

But the point is Shine, if you are representative of a voice of the NDP then I'm really worried about our party's future. You're such a petty asshole that you feel challenged  at being upstaged by someone who's more NDP than you. And so Shine, if you and your old buddies get to win out and have me banned from the forum, the point I need to make is that the forum isn't worth belonging to anymore.

I think you and your ilk are just a temporary distraction from the NDP that I've always known, right back to the days of the CCF. But maybe I'm wrong and you are the trash that has become the heart of the party. 

Either way, I'm sure Meg's swamped with you kids tugging on her apron strings in order to get your way! 

montgomery

kropotkin1951 wrote:

montgomery wrote:

Well Ken, it's my strong contention that you are wrong. And the sole reason I'll give to begin the debate is the fact that it hasn't been Russia or China that has been the aggressor since the end of WW2. It's been the US.

The US has started 40 wars of aggression since WW2 and is on the verge of starting the 41st. 

I challenge you to answer to that fact! 

I am certain that Ken is well aware of that fact.

In the meantime in Israel the murderous regime continues using its own version of our Indian Act style laws to "legally" deny Palestinian "citizens" basic democratic rights.

The IDF destroyed the educational facility in Abu al-Nawwar located in the east Jerusalem, saying it was built "illegally" and "without the necessary permits." The move was approved by Israel's Supreme Court.

Israeli forces used a helicopter to demolish two classes in the facility, locals said, according to the local journal Daily Sabah. 

Before the EU-funded building was constructed, children in the area would have to cross a highway to reach the town of Al-Azariya, located 3.2 kilometers away. 

Diplomats in the region have also condemned the move. 

Shadi Othman, head of media in the EU office in Jerusalem, said his organization "demanded from Israel more than once not to demolish projects the European Union funds and which aim to improve the living conditions of the Palestinians," Reuters reported. 

https://www.telesurenglish.net/news/Bedouin-Children-Protest-Hold-Palest...

 

Kropotkin, there's simply nothing much on which we are in disagreement. Except perhaps when you got handed your ass on your lack of understanding of what is meant by the term 'socially repsonsible capitalism'. Like an old Marxist diehard, you still think that some socialist state still exists in the world today, even though you're lost in a fog unable to name one.

You shouldn't have taken it so hard Kropotkin. Had you not been looking to pick a fight with me right from the beginning, I wouldn't have had to hand you your ass. Tell mom!

Oh, and as to Ken being aware? Ken's gone over the hill and isn't even aware that Mulcair was invited to stay on by the party for as long as he did. Ken's either on the verge of senility or he's always been rather slow on the draw. I sure hope the party has the foresight to be able to move forward from you lot.

Sean in Ottawa

montgomery wrote:

Sean in Ottawa wrote:

montgomery wrote:

 

Yes, indeed I am monty1. So make that your motherhood issue Ken and others if you think that's what Tommy would do? It's the easy way out for people of your ilk Ken! 

 

Did the board allow you a new name or did you sneak back on with a new identity to get around the banning?

If the board allowed you to come back with a new name WHY?

I dunno Shine? I just registered as montgomery. 

But the point is Shine, if you are representative of a voice of the NDP then I'm really worried about our party's future. You're such a petty asshole that you feel challenged  at being upstaged by someone who's more NDP than you. And so Shine, if you and your old buddies get to win out and have me banned from the forum, the point I need to make is that the forum isn't worth belonging to anymore.

I think you and your ilk are just a temporary distraction from the NDP that I've always known, right back to the days of the CCF. But maybe I'm wrong and you are the trash that has become the heart of the party. 

Either way, I'm sure Meg's swamped with you kids tugging on her apron strings in order to get your way! 

I know that you have this purity thing going to peer up people's butts to see if you can judge them to be worthy or not in the party. Problem is that most people here could not care less.

They don't care about being judged by a jerk like you.

Many have more loyalty to ideas than some childish purity test.

For me, I am not an NDP loyalist so your comment is only annoying in so far as you bang on without any understanding of the people around you. It is not what you say that is the problem. It is how noisy you are while saying it.

I assume you have spent a lifetime of cluelessness so you are untrainable like a cat that can never learn what cat litter is for - so I won't put much into this.

I really could not care less if you have NDP tattoed on your ass. Sure you could be more NDP than me; that's not hard as my loyalty is to principles not the container and the party is only useful as a means to advance those. I am no longer a member and the party has to earn my support each election. I am sure that the NDP would get your vote even if it names Margaret Thatcher as its new mascott because you are a shallow imbecile like that.

You are always annoyingly noisy and distracting  but your insults are a bit funny because they show how you are incapable of realizing that having blown away any respect most people here could have had for you, insults from you cannot hurt anyone.

Now if you don't mind I have a meeting with Kropotkin as we are going to pull some wings off some flies. More fun with two you know.

 

montgomery

Sean in Ottawa wrote:

I assume you have spent a lifetime of cluelessness so you are untrainable like a cat that can never learn what cat litter is for - so I won't put much into this.

You seem to have missed the point of Tommy's story about the cats and that's likely because you're not one of the mice.

Shine, keeping this up is not good for our party and it's not good for this board. If you can't get Meg (mommy) to end it for you, best you end it yourself.

MegB

Montgomery, if you've signed on with another user name after having been previously banned you will be permanently barred from participating on babble. Even if that isn't the case you're on my watch list. You need to know that I have little tolerance for the kind of sophomoric insults you're dishing out to Sean and many others. 

Ken Burch Ken Burch's picture

montgomery wrote:

Ken Burch wrote:

 

I never said the US was right, or innocent, or anything remotely close to that.  It's just that I reject the idea that China or Russia are innocent either, or that the world would be better with either of those nations as hegemon.  What we need is a world with NO hegemon but the people.

First of all Ken, thank you for addressing my on-topic remarks with your own. It's only your closing remarks where you slide back to the personal attack! Good! 

No, you said that neither the US or Russia was on the side of right, and I disagree with you. I can get into lots of detail if you like but I thought the fact of the 40 US wars of aggression would suffice. You say that you reject the suppositon that China and Russia are innocent but you don't elaborate on that in the context of the conversation. I would assume you would want to refer to Russia's action in the Ukraine and Crimea but you don't specify. If you do then I'll be happy to pursue the issue further with you. Or, any other example you choose to use??

Quote:
I'll grant that people have come out of poverty in China in great numbers, but none of that justifies the Chinese government's paranoia or its ludicrous obsession with shutting down all forms of dissent.  The fact that the regime there has made people's lives better does not mean that no dissent can possibly be legitimate, OR that there's no alternative to doing thing's exactly the way that regime dictates.

I said millions but I should have said hundreds of millions have been  lifted out of poverty. It's a huge socially responsible achievement by China but I neglected to dwell at any length on the negative side. If you wish to pursue that conversation on China then I'll be more than happy to join you.

Quote:
As to Russia, I cannot support Putin's fixation with silencing dissent and his completely unjustified demonization of LGBTQ people.  Putin's way of running Russia is not the only way that country could be governed, and disagreeing with the man's methods is no crime.

As to addressing the LGBTQ stance of Russia, I'll comment in length if you wish but for now I'll say that Russia is not as socially advanced on the issue as most other Western nations. So you have an issue with that, but certainly not an issue with me. If you desire more dialogue on the isssue, I'll be here for it.

Quote:
I stand with the people, not with ANY regime. Liberation will not come with China or Russia as hegemon anymore than it ever could with the US as hegemon.  The world doesn't need strongmen, or belligerent nationalists, or rulers who keep power by demonizing "the other".  All of that should be in the past.

On that issue specifically, I see no rebuttal in it of what I've said, nor do I see any correlation to the topic at hand. But I will say that the US is the guilty party and China/Russia is not. Without specifics I can't say much more than that. As I've said Ken, it's the US that has started all the wars and is at this moment threatening to wage war with Venezuela and rain bombs down on the people.

Quote:
And montgomery, you are not entitled to demand anything from me, or from anyone else on this board.  You are simply one poster among all the other posters.  

You seem to be demaning a lot of me Ken, but I'll ignore that, in the interest of staying on topic. 

And I really do have to risk saying that I think the problem that you, Sean, and Michael are having is that you simply feel upstaged by me. I really do wish that could end! You people mentioned are really the heart of this board (Kropotkin too) and so I see you as representing the heart of the NDP here too. You are pushing to make a political orphan of me, because if my politics can't gain acceptance on this board then where do I go?  I'm really getting close to saying to hell with it. Is that what you want?

Yes, indeed I am monty1. So make that your motherhood issue Ken and others if you think that's what Tommy would do? It's the easy way out for people of your ilk Ken! 

1) I have no ilk. 

2) I haven't ever tried to prevent you from expressing your politics-my issue with you has solely been your abusiveness and your insistence on treating everyone else here as your personal and intellectual inferiors.  

3) Nobody is trying to make you into a political orphan.  All that's being asked is that you stop being nasty, and that you give the namecalling a rest-what is the point of repeatedly calling Sean "Shine", for example?  It's not as if you have any reason to try to discredit the guy's name or how he pronounces it.  

4) In what universe is it a personal attack to say that you are an equal among equals on this board?  This is a left-of-center place and on the left everyone treats everyone as equals.  If we don't stay with that, the whole thing turns into "Four Legs Good-Two Legs Better".

5) There's no difference between saying the US is led by a regime that does horrible things and insisting, as you seem to want me to do, that the US is the ONLY regime on the planet that has done horrible things.  Nor is there any real reason anyone should feel obligated to take the side of any other regime.   You have the right to your views and I have the right to mine.  Let's leave it at that.

You are not a victim and no one is doing anything unfair or unjust to you here.

Paladin1

MegB wrote:

Montgomery, if you've signed on with another user name after having been previously banned you will be permanently barred from participating on babble.

Post #410 would appear to confirm this.

Quote:
Yes, indeed I am monty1. So make that your motherhood issue Ken and others if you think that's what Tommy would do? It's the easy way out for people of your ilk Ken! 

montgomery

Paladin1 wrote:

MegB wrote:

Montgomery, if you've signed on with another user name after having been previously banned you will be permanently barred from participating on babble.

Post #410 would appear to confirm this.

Quote:
Yes, indeed I am monty1. So make that your motherhood issue Ken and others if you think that's what Tommy would do? It's the easy way out for people of your ilk Ken! 

Yeah I know Paladin, but I'm not and haven't. I thought I would just relent to all the trolls who so desperately want it to be true. The ones like you Paladin. Is it because I've dragged you out of your Conservative closet and shown that you're full of disdain for the Venezuelan people? 

Now let's stick to the issues Paladin. You've got one hell of a lot of issues that need attention!

Paladin1

Good day to you Montgomery ;) 

 

 

NDPP

'Canadian Friends of the Hebrew University'

https://twitter.com/IsraelinToronto/status/1092923318531813376

Zionist Linda Frum is yet another Canadian 'representative' who owes far more allegiance to Apartheid Israel.

kropotkin1951 kropotkin1951's picture

In the meantime in Israel the murderous regime continues using its own version of our Indian Act style laws to "legally" deny Palestinian "citizens" basic democratic rights. I thought this was an important item so I am re-posting it below the rantings of a former poster.

The IDF destroyed the educational facility in Abu al-Nawwar located in the east Jerusalem, saying it was built "illegally" and "without the necessary permits." The move was approved by Israel's Supreme Court.

Israeli forces used a helicopter to demolish two classes in the facility, locals said, according to the local journal Daily Sabah. 

Before the EU-funded building was constructed, children in the area would have to cross a highway to reach the town of Al-Azariya, located 3.2 kilometers away. 

Diplomats in the region have also condemned the move. 

Shadi Othman, head of media in the EU office in Jerusalem, said his organization "demanded from Israel more than once not to demolish projects the European Union funds and which aim to improve the living conditions of the Palestinians," Reuters reported. 

https://www.telesurenglish.net/news/Bedouin-Children-Protest-Hold-Palest...

Ken Burch Ken Burch's picture

Paladin1 wrote:

Good day to you Montgomery ;) 

 

 

Indeed.  That whole episode was sickening.  I'm so glad that's over.

NDPP

"Israeli defense officials warn Israel's ministers that Gaza's health system is on the verge of collapse, but the reason they are concerned is not humanitarian. Rather, they fear losing international support for their next assault on Gaza."

https://twitter.com/dimitrilascaris/status/1093488635788156928

 

How Israel Lobby Fakes Campus Anti-Semitism (and vid)

https://t.co/M5J62okmz0

"Democratic elites afraid of party's pro-Palestinian base, say Max Blumenthal and Ali Abunimah."

 

CIJA on 'The Anti-Semitic Roots of Canadian Conservatives'

https://twitter.com/CIJAinfo/status/1093556850581106688

"Jason Kenney's commitment to the Jewish community and his opposition to antisemitism is beyond reproach. Period. False accusations of antisemitism are dangerous and do nothing whatsoever to advance constructive political discourse in Canada."

Down with The Lobby and an end to support for Apartheid Israel and Palestinian genocide. Don't 'Walk With Israel!'

NDPP

This is Hassan Shalaby, 14

https://twitter.com/AbujomadaGaza/status/1094616029928570880

"How could he dare, the Israeli sniper, point his gun and shoot this little boy in his face with a lethal live bullet?"

 

Pro-Israel Lobby Accuses Ilhan Omar of Anti-Semitism For Criticizing Influence in US Politics

https://t.co/mDDzMza5nR

"Democratic Rep from Minnesota, US, Ilhan Omar was accused of anti-Semitism Sunday for criticizing Israel's influence in the US Congress. She said the members of Congress support Israel because of money they receive from the pro-Israel lobby..."

From Canadian MPs omerta.

NDPP

The International Observer Mission in Hebron Acted As A Restraint on the Worst Excesses of Israeli Settlers. Now That Has Come To An End.

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_K_Cook/status/1094652210250739712

"Removes the last restraint on Jewish settlers who are already subjecting Palestinians there to a reign of terror."

To Israel all is permitted. Canada supports.

NDPP

Israel-Canada Free Trade Agreement Rat-ified By Canadian Parliament

https://twitter.com/DavidRoet/status/1094186412797292546

"Highlights Israeli-Canada strong relations..."

 

"I'm excited to be back in Israel to meet with incredibly talented people and businesses in cyber-technology, defence and AI. Looking forward to strengthening Canada and Israel's entrepreneurial partnership..."

https://twitter.com/stephenharper/status/1093572589543251968

iyraste1313

Israel-Canada Free Trade Agreement Rat-ified By Canadian Parliament

https://twitter.com/DavidRoet/status/1094186412797292546

...Hmm, I wonder, does this new agreement include a human rights component? And if not why not?

NDPP

Support for Israel Divides Democrats...(and vid)

https://twitter.com/TheRealNews/status/1095004538489040896

"Israel acts with complete impunity. So until people start to call out, nothing will change...It has become increasingly impossible to be both a liberal in America and supportive of Israel. The human rights violations are just too apparent."

Not in Canada where Liberals, NDP and Cons continue to do just that. 

NDPP

"It's not Ilhan Omar who needs a lesson here..."

https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/1095475478872367106

NDPP

AIPAC Launches Fundraising Campaign on Back of Ilhan Omar's 'Anti-Semitic' Tweets -  Report

https://on.rt.com/9o9j

"AIPAC, which has received free publicity due to Omar's controversy, apparently did not hesitate to seize the chance to raise even more funds..."

NDPP

WATCH: Contrary to what the Israelis claim: The moment when a clearly peaceful female Palestinian protester was shot down by an Israeli occupation sniper in Gaza.

https://twitter.com/basemn63/status/1096495211465883649

 

Canada Responds...

https://twitter.com/CIJAinfo/status/1095322985567801350

NDPP

"Canadian [Zionist] Senator who retweets the Israeli military and is sponsoring Israeli military training in Toronto says that an MP is under Iranian influence..."

https://twitter.com/Cnds4MEProg/status/1097861292268945408

What do you call Canadian politicians who place Israeli interests first? Do you support this?

NDPP

"Israel is giving large pharmaceutical firms 'permission' to carry out Nazi-style experimental drug tests on unwitting Palestinian prisoners."

https://twitter.com/swilkinsonbc/status/1098304932590092290

For Israel all things are permitted.

NDPP

"The government of Justin Trudeau has lavished support on Israel as it has brutalized Palestinian journalists, including Yasser Murtaja, whom an IDF sniper murdered in cold blood last year..."

https://twitter.com/dimitrilascaris/status/1100603309323358208

NDPP

Court Filing Links Spy Exposed by AP to Israel's Black Cube

https://www.apnews.com/d1fa2715d86148a1b92aaa52188df052

"A Canadian attorney says he appears to have been targeted by the same undercover operative unmasked by the AP at a New York hotel last month, drawing a line between the man and the notorious Israeli intelligence firm Black Cube. He was unmasked shortly after sitting down to lunch with Citizen Lab's John Scott Railton and asking pointed questions about his group's role in documenting the use of Israeli hacking tools to spy on slain Saudi writer Jamal Khashoggi's inner circle..." 

 With Israel all things are permitted.

NDPP

"Israel's attorney general has recommended criminal charges against Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in a series of corruption cases. The decision will deal a major blow to Netanyahu's chances in April's general election."

https://twitter.com/QudsNen/status/1101848134911754242

 

List of Israeli Public Officials Convicted of Crimes or Misdemeanors

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Israeli_public_officials_convicted...

"This is a list of Israeli public officials convicted of crimes or misdemeanors alphabetized by branch. Only those in the highest levels of the executive, legislature or judicial branch are included."

My goodness! Look how corrupt, crooked and criminal they are...

epaulo13 epaulo13's picture

U.N. Finds Israel Intentionally Shot Children, Journalists & the Disabled During Gaza Protests

A United Nations inquiry has found Israeli forces may have committed war crimes and crimes against humanity by targeting unarmed children, journalists and the disabled in Gaza. The report, released by the U.N. Human Rights Council on Thursday, looked at Israel’s bloody response to weekly Great March of Return demonstrations, launched by Palestinians in Gaza nearly a year ago, targeting Israel’s heavily militarized separation barrier. The report found Israeli forces have killed 183 Palestinians—almost all of them with live ammunition. The dead included 35 children. Twenty-three thousand people were injured, including over 6,000 shot by live ammunition. We speak with Sara Hossain, a member of the U.N. independent commission that led the Gaza investigation.

quote:

SARA HOSSAIN: The most significant, I think, is just the number of killings and the numbers of injuries. There are 183 Palestinians who have been killed in the course of the period that we have investigated, which is from the 30th of March to the 31st of December. As you know, the demonstrations are continuing, and killings and injuries have continued to be reported, but we’ve just covered this particular period. We also found, as you said, over 6,000 injuries to Palestinians caused by live fire. We found that four Israeli soldiers had been injured during this time, and two Israeli soldiers had also been killed, but both of those were outside the particular parameters of the investigation. They weren’t in the context of—they weren’t at the protest sites, although one of them was within the protest times. And I think, amongst the numbers of killings, what we also found, which was of great concern, was the fact that protected—groups who are protected categories in international law, protected persons, such as children, people with disabilities, and also health workers and journalists, were amongst those who were both killed and injured in large numbers.

epaulo13 epaulo13's picture

It Is Time to Indict Israel: Norman Finkelstein on Growing Push for ICC to File War Crimes Charges

quote:

NORMAN FINKELSTEIN: What most struck me about the report was it was remarkably honest. It was very forthright in its conclusions. And it didn’t fake this kind of balance, which most human rights organizations, even reputable ones, attempt between Israel and the United States. So, just to take a couple of examples, it forthrightly stated that Israel targets intentionally children during these demonstrations. It targets reporters. It targets medical personnel. And that’s unusual. Allow me just two examples, which you would be familiar with. So, when there was the killings during Operation Protective Edge of the four children who were playing hide-and-seek—

NORMAN FINKELSTEIN: 2014. Recently, The Intercept had an article on those four—killings of the four kids, and had this story that they weren’t really intentionally killed, it was an accident, it was a mistake. And same thing with The New York Times when it had the big story on Razan al-Najjar, which was quoted everywhere. The essence of the story was, there was an Israeli sniper’s bullet, it hit the ground, ricocheted and then accidentally hit three Israeli medical personnel. It was a magic bullet, because there was a huge crowd of people, but this magic bullet only hit three medical personnel.

But this human rights report by the Human Rights Council, it’s very straightforward. It says intentionally targets children, intentionally targets even disabled persons. And that, to me, was a credit to them that there was no fake balance. If you look at the proportions, when it looks at the damages done to the people of Gaza, they devote 10 full pages. And then there’s a section called “Impact on Israel.” It’s three paragraphs. And that’s exactly what the reality shows, that overwhelmingly—in fact, virtually entirely—all the infliction of death and destruction is on the Palestinian side. For the period they covered, during the demonstrations, there were no fatalities during the demonstrations, and four Israeli soldiers were lightly injured. These are massacres. They’re not conflicts. They’re not engagements. They’re just outright massacres of overwhelmingly unarmed, nonviolent demonstrators.

quote: (my bold)

NORMAN FINKELSTEIN: Well, the Israelis ignore the reports. So, in that context, it’s not significant. However, there is a critical significance. Namely, the International Criminal Court has had now two cases referred to it on the situation among the Palestinians. One case is on the Mavi Marmara, the flotilla in 2010 that came under Israeli attack. And the second case is on Israeli war crimes in the West Bank, mostly the settlements, and Operation Protective Edge in Gaza. Now, the chief of staff during Operation Protective Edge during July, August 2014—the Israeli chief of staff is—was Gantz—I guess his first name is Benny, but I could be mistaken—Gantz. And the fact of the matter is, if Netanyahu is out, Gantz will probably be the prime minister, and he will be up for indictment by the International Criminal Court. The chief prosecutor, Fatou Bensouda, is desperately trying not to investigate Israeli war crimes. But within the International Criminal Court, there has been an unprecedented pushback. There are large numbers of members—large numbers of members of the ICC who say it’s time to indict Israel. And the pressure—because of this report, the pressure on Bensouda, chief prosecutor Bensouda, is going to be enormous. It’s time to indict Israel.

NDPP

Unfounded Allegations of Anti-Semitism Cover Up Israeli Apartheid

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/51217.htm

"I found the Zionist claim to justifiably dominate another people on the basis of Jewish suffering to echo the claim by white Nationalists in South Africa, who justified racial apartheid in South Africa on the basis of Afrikaaner suffering."

NDPP

'The Israelis Are Bombing Gaza Yet Again

https://twitter.com/sareemakdisi/status/1103133091437015040

"The Israelis are bombing Gaza yet again. Children constitute the majority of Gaza's population. Thing about that as you ponder the cynically manufactured 'controversy' around Ilhan and the thundering political silence over the real outrage here."

What about the anti-Semitism that is the murder of Palestine?

NDPP

A Child Burned Alive - No Entry to Fire-Fighting Crews (and vid)

https://twitter.com/BitarDeen/status/1103218643582808065

"A Palestinian boy was burnt to death and his little sister suffered severe burns as the Israeli occupation forces BLOCKED a Palestinian firefighting truck from reaching their burning house in Al Salayneh in Hebron."

NDPP

Israeli Pig in Al Aqsa Prayer Room (and vid)

https://twitter.com/MiddleEastEye/status/1104821724137340929

"This is the police of Israel..."

NDPP

'Israeli Channel 13 broadcasts horrible video footage of Israeli occupation soldiers torturing Palestinian man and his son and bragging about it."

https://twitter.com/QudsNen/status/1105598535704236032

 

Israel Has NO Right of Self Defense Against Gaza

https://t.co/rGPm2b76sO

"Israel has no legal right to use any kind of force in Gaza - under any circumstances."

NDPP

Dr Tarek Loubani Statement on Situation in Gaza

https://twitter.com/trklou/status/1107691373774409735

"I had the privilege of speaking at the UN Human Rights Council's 40th Session today on behalf of Dr Mahmoud Mater and other physicians in Gaza."

Pity that the Israel lobby has such a strangle grip on the Canadian political class as to pre-empt any support for measures to restrain mad dog Israel from its relentless and unconscionable genocidal actions against Palestinians.

NDPP

Israeli Apartheid Week 2019: Stop Arming Colonialism - University of Toronto, March 19-27th

https://twitter.com/CAIAToronto

https://twitter.com/apartheidweek

DON'T Walk With Israel!

NDPP

The Jimmy Dore Show

https://youtu.be/SAhBg99LxiA

Is Israel an Apartheid State?

 

The Jimmy Dore Show

https://youtu.be/sbn-ms4ma70

"Is Benjamin Netanyahu a racist Jewish Supremacist?"

 

The Jimmy Dore Show

https://youtu.be/nFo3tFUFUog

"BDS support explained by Jewish scholar Norman Finkelstein

Three excellent interviews with Dr Norman Finkelstein. Canada continues to be deeply and profoundly shamed by its all-party support for the Jewish State of Israel and its countenance of a powerful, well-funded and influential lobby, including MPs which has effectively gained a strangle-grip on Canadian politics and foreign affairs respecting Israel and attention to its interests. It should be the urgent priority of each and every progressive person to reverse this awful domination by such a malevolent and malign foreign power. If you are voting for any politician that says he/she supports Israel, you are complicit. Refuse to do so. Like Apartheid South Africa, Apartheid Israel must go.

NDPP

Israel Approves Plan To Reoccupy Gaza

https://twitter.com/CJPME/status/1108790569499799553

"Is Israel planning its next occupation? Not only is Israel imposing unlivable conditions on Gaza through its blockade, but there is now a plan approved and ready to go to reoccupy Gaza at the drop of a hat. Living under these threats is untenable."

NDPP

Trump Chosen By God as Savior of Jewish People?

https://www.rt.com/news/454483-trump-savior-jews-pompeo/

"Pompeo thinks it's certainly possible. 'I am confident that the Lord is at work here,' Pompeo added, describing the role the United States has played in preserving the 'Jewish state.' Pompeo is currently engaged in a Middle East tour aimed at forming a united front against Iran..."

Before you shake your head remember Canada serves both of these wacko regimes.

iyraste1313

Major Israeli Assault On Gaza Imminent As Netanyahu Cuts Short US Trip...zerohedge

read earlier, trying to remember the source, that this time, Israel will occupy the Gaza.....

iyraste1313

Middle East Monitor
Israel approves plan to reoccupy Gaza

The Israeli occupation army proposed a plan to reoccupy the besieged Gaza Strip during any future offensive, Al-Khaleej Online reported yesterday.

The plan was approved 14 years after Israel’s unilateral disengagement from the costal enclave.

The Wallah news website, which is close to the Israeli intelligence, said the plan were prepared when Gadi Eisenkot was the chief of staff while his predecessor Aviv Kofach approved it.

Pages