The Trump Administration

867 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rev Pesky

Edzell wrote:

To Equate the declining of business - to bake a specific type of cake - with the refusal to serve someone on racial grounds, is not valid.

I agree with this. Human rights legislation generally disallows discrimination on the basis of those things that cannot be changed. Whatever the colour of your skin, that is something which you cannot change, whatever your sexual orientation, that too is something you cannot change.

If you have a shop that's open to the public, you have to accept that some of the public that comes through the door may have attributes that you find offensive. But as long as those attributes are things which that person cannot change, you are not allowed to discriminate. 

Political beliefs are covered in some provinces, but not the federal government, and there is no prohibition in common law against descriminating based on political beliefs. Even where there is legal protection, I suspect it would be limited. For instance, you may be protected from firing because of your political beliefs, but that protection may not extend to allowing you to harangue the staff in the place where you work.

I also suspect that broadcasting your ability to sexually abuse people based on your position or financial status would not be 'protected'.

As a musician, I am not obliged to entertain anybody. I can pick and choose my gigs. It may cost me in the short run, and even the long run, but that's my worry, not the worry of the law.

Paladin1

It sounds like some of the American left have changed their anti-gun views following Trumps victory.

 

When they feel their own lives are at risk it's a different story I guess.

 

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-38297345

NDPP

#J20Resist: Call For Global Actions Against Trump, The New Face of US Imperialism

http://iacenter.org/3617/j20resist-call-for-global-actions-against-trump...

"Whether the Democrats' Hillary Clinton or the Republican's Donald Trump sat in the White House, US imperialism would pose a threat to peace. Each candidate competed to exceed the other in enthusiasm for US wars, repression and austerity, and in devotion to the ambitions of US capitalism. But the open racism, sectarianism, anti-immigrant and anti-working class bigotry of the incoming Trump administration has aroused a mass response.

This unprecedented outpouring of resistance presents an opportunity to mobilize against war and racism, and to defend the interests of workers globally. Make Friday, January 20 a day of global action to build the most anti-war, anti-racist and pro-worker impulses of the mass reaction to the new US administration.

Please consider what is possible in your country and in cities across the US. Can you protest a US embassy, consulate or mission?"

Send information on international actions, place, time and contact information at  J20Global@gmail.com

Please distribute widely

 

NDPP

When Trump Falls Out of Love With Putin  -  by Steve Weissman

http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/41206-when-trump-falls-ou...

"No matter how terrible we expect the coming years to be, let me predict against all conventional wisdom that Trump will make them worse by pulling back from his bromance with Putin and joining whole hog in an intensified nuclear-arms race, more proxy wars, and even direct confrontation with Russia..."

josh

NDPP wrote:

josh wrote:

Assange and right-wing Trump hack Hannity.  Perfect together.  That's what I call a credible interview. 

Glad you liked it. Have some more...

Hannity/Assange Full Interview

http://rabble.ca/comment/1593323#comment-1593323

 

A Putin puppet and a Trump puppet?  No, I think I'll pass.

bekayne

Victoria Brownworth ‏@VABVOX  9 Dec 2016

Trump now has more men in his Cabinet who have been accused of ASSAULTING women than he has ACTUAL women.

68 replies2,059 retweets1,701 likes Reply 68  Retweet 2.1K Like 1.7K More

 

NDPP

Split Widens Between Trump, CIA Over Russian Hacking Allegations

http://wsws.org/en/articles/2017/01/05/hack-j05.html

"Divisions within the US state over allegations of Russian hacking of Democratic Party emails grew more embittered and public Wedensday following statements by Donald Trump that further distanced the president-elect from the CIA and other US intelligence agencies. To date, no evidence has been presented to the public to substantiate the charges of Russian government hacking of the Democratic Party and the presidential campaign of Hillary Clinton.

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer issued a thily veiled threat against the president-elect. 'Let me tell you, you take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday of getting back at you.' The highly public conflict only two weeks before the inauguration of Trump, points to the depth of the divisions that have arisen in the American state..."

Mr. Magoo Mr. Magoo's picture

I guess we'll see who has the last laugh when President Trump needs the CIA to "inject" some foreign leader with "the Cancer", and suddenly they're busy washing their hair.

Sean in Ottawa

The US fundamentalist regime is defunding Planned Parenthood. This is just the start.

Sean in Ottawa

Perhaps we should for the sake of it shorten this to an anchronim UFR (US Fundementalist Regime)

 

Sean in Ottawa

The UFR at the state level is moving to ban boh anti-polution legislation by municipalities and any wage laws.

Sean in Ottawa

The UFR is inviting Israeli PM to attend the its formal launching

http://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-aggressively-pursuing-netanyahu-to-at...

Mr. Magoo Mr. Magoo's picture

Quote:
Perhaps we should for the sake of it shorten this to an anchronim UFR (US Fundementalist Regime)

Fuck that "S"! 

Sean in Ottawa

Mr. Magoo wrote:

Quote:
Perhaps we should for the sake of it shorten this to an anchronim UFR (US Fundementalist Regime)

Fuck that "S"! 

It is a fundamentalist regime.

NDPP

Trump Splits With 'Senior Advisor' Former CIA Chief Woolsey

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-05/trump-transition-team-splits-se...

"Former CIA Director James Woolsey has parted ways with the president-elect and will no longer be a Senior Advisor."

NDPP

Trump's Coming Confrontation With China

http://wsws.org/en/articles/2017/01/07/pers-j07.html

"Trump's belligerent anti-China stance is bound up with the intense conflict within the US state apparatus and political establishment over the future direction of foreign and military policy. After suffering debacles in Syria, Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan, the question raging in ruling circles is how to use America's residual military might to ensure its global hegemony, and against which of its major rivals - Russia or China?

Trump, however, speaks for a layer of the corporate, political and military elites who regard China's rise to the world's second largest economy as a greater danger to US interests..."

ygtbk

Surprised it took this long (although admittedly not watching every single thing):

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/lets-impeach-him-now-case-preparing-end-trumps-presidency-it-even-begins

NDPP

Trump Buckles/ Recants?

 

Priebus: Trump Accepts Russia is to Blame For Election - Season Hacking

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/01/08/reince_priebus_says_tr...

"President-elect Donald Trump accepts the conclusion by the Intelligence community that Russia was to blame for a string of cyber-attacks during the presidential election, incoming White House chief of staff Reince Priebus said Sunday.

'Trump is not denying that entities in Russia were behind this particular hacking campaign,' Priebus said on Fox News Sunday. Priebus later said on CBS 'no one is disputing' that 'this particular hack was perpetrated by Russian entities.'

 

josh

Russia allegedly has compromising information on Trump.

https://politicalwire.com/2017/01/10/officials-say-russia-info-compromis...

Rev Pesky

josh wrote:

Russia allegedly has compromising information on Trump.

https://politicalwire.com/2017/01/10/officials-say-russia-info-compromis...

You know who else has compromising information on Trump? NSA, CIA, FBI, and all the rest of the 'initials' in the USA. I can certainly imagine some at NSA having a conversation with Trump that ends with the agent detailing for Trump all of the various things that might  become public...

NDPP

Hence #218 ?

Edzell Edzell's picture

NDPP wrote:
Hence #218 ?

Whence?

josh

The information is beginning to leak out. And when I say leak, I mean leak.

josh
NDPP

Get more popcorn and bring on the clowns. 

Michael Moriarity Michael Moriarity's picture

The lede of the Guardian Article cited above is:

Julian Borger wrote:

Senator John McCain passed documents to the FBI director, James Comey, last month alleging secret contacts between the Trump campaign and Moscow and that Russian intelligence had personally compromising material on the president-elect himself. 

The material, which has been seen by the Guardian, is a series of reports on Trump’s relationship with Moscow. They were drawn up by a former western counter-intelligence official, now working as a private consultant.

A scan of the full document is here. I only read the summary, but it doesn't look obviously fake to me.

NDPP

US Intel Agencies Trying To Strong-Arm Trump Into War With Russia

http://www.counterpunch.org/2017/01/10/us-intel-agencies-try-to-strong-a...

"Powerful elites are using the credibility of the US intelligence agencies to demonize Russia and prepare the country for war. This is the real meaning of the  Russia hacking story which as yet has not produced any hard evidence of Russian duplicity.

The Russian hacking story has more to do with recent developments in Syria than it does with delegitimizing Donald Trump. Aleppo was a real wake up call for the US foreign policy establishment, which is beginning to realize that their plans for the next century have been gravely undermined by Russia's military involvement in Syria..."

 

Edzell Edzell's picture

NDPP wrote:
Powerful elites are using the credibility of the US intelligence agencies to demonize Russia and prepare the country for war. This is the real meaning of the  Russia hacking story which as yet has not produced any hard evidence of Russian duplicity.

So may we assume you have hard evidence to support your assertions about powerful elites preparing the US for war? Please reveal this hard evidence so that we may evaluate it.

Rev Pesky

Some hints on how to prepare people for war, from an expert:

Quote:
..."Propaganda must always address itself to the broad masses of the people. (...) All propaganda must be presented in a popular form and must fix its intellectual level so as not to be above the heads of the least intellectual of those to whom it is directed. (...) The art of propaganda consists precisely in being able to awaken the imagination of the public through an appeal to their feelings, in finding the appropriate psychological form that will arrest the attention and appeal to the hearts of the national masses. The broad masses of the people are not made up of diplomats or professors of public jurisprudence nor simply of persons who are able to form reasoned judgment in given cases, but a vacillating crowd of human children who are constantly wavering between one idea and another.

..."Propaganda must not investigate the truth objectively and, in so far as it is favourable to the other side, present it according to the theoretical rules of justice; yet it must present only that aspect of the truth which is favourable to its own side. (...) The receptive powers of the masses are very restricted, and their understanding is feeble. On the other hand, they quickly forget. Such being the case, all effective propaganda must be confined to a few bare essentials and those must be expressed as far as possible in stereotyped formulas. These slogans should be persistently repeated until the very last individual has come to grasp the idea that has been put forward. (...) Every change that is made in the subject of a propagandist message must always emphasize the same conclusion. The leading slogan must of course be illustrated in many ways and from several angles, but in the end one must always return to the assertion of the same formula."

..."I will provide a propagandistic casus belli. Its credibility doesn't matter. The victor will not be asked whether he told the truth."

The preparation for war always begins with preparing the citizens to accept the war. The propaganda does it's work, even if the war does not come. It's like money in the bank, ready to be put to use at a moments notice.

What we are seeing today in the USA is exactly that propaganda offensive. We can't even claim ignorance, becsause we saw the same preparation for the invasion of Vietnam, Grenada, Iraq, Libya, Syria, you name it. Russia is protected by its nuclear weapons, but that doesn't mean the USA won't continue with low level warfare such as they have used in Ukraine.

By the way, you should look at the SIPRI database that is posted above. What does it mean when almost 40% of the total world military expenditure is undertaken by a single country? You're looking for hard evidence. There it is.

JKR

josh wrote:
The information is beginning to leak out. And when I say leak, I mean leak.

It looks like the U.S. is soon going to have a piss-poor president or maybe more accurately, a piss-rich president.

NDPP

Trump Names Son-in-law To White House Post

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2017/01/10/cabi-j10.html

"In an action that demonstrates both the arrogance of the incoming Trump administration and its oligarchic character, the real estate billionaire has named his own son in law, Jared Kushner, to the powerful position of senior White House adviser.

Kushner is the seventh billionaire to take a top post in the Trump administration. There is no parallel in modern US history for such an overt role for a close family member..."

bekayne

NDPP wrote:

US Intel Agencies Trying To Strong-Arm Trump Into War With Russia

So who's trying to strong-arm Trump into war with China and Iran?

Edzell Edzell's picture

Rev Pesky wrote:
You're looking for hard evidence. There it is.

It is not.

I asked if there was hard evidence of preparation for war, not of military spending. The US and the USSR both spent huge amounts on armaments and faced off against each other for decades after WW2. There was no war - perhaps because of the armaments.

Assumptions and implications about the intentions of others are not hard evidence. They're not real evidence of anything: strictly conjecture.

I'm not saying no one anywhere is trying to prepare for war; just that I'm unaware of any "hard evidence" of it.

Rev Pesky

Edzell wrote:
...I asked if there was hard evidence of preparation for war, not of military spending.

Right. As we all know, military spending is not, I repeat, NOT, preparation for war. It's just like making national parks, or spending on education, or arts funding. How could I have been so mistaken...

Edzell wrote:
...The US and the USSR both spent huge amounts on armaments and faced off against each other for decades after WW2. There was no war - perhaps because of the armaments.

There is not now, nor has there ever been, any comparison between what Russia - or the Soviet Union - spends on military, and what the USA spends on military. As current figures show, the USA spends more than ten times that of Russia, and if one adds up the NATO military expenditure, one realizes that between the USA, NATO, and various USA client states, they spend much more than all the rest of the world combined. I think at some point you have to ask yourself, what is all that spending for?

In fact, I would say the USA is in a constant state of preparing for war, and has been since the end of WW2. The truth of that is shown by how many wars they've involved themselves in since then. Counting WW2, they've got themselves into 24 wars over the intervening years, and that's not counting the proxy wars they've nurtured (Syria, Chile, Guatamala, Nicaragua, Ukraine).

Rather an interesting record for a country that's 'not preparing for war', wouldn't you say?

Edzell wrote:
...Assumptions and implications about the intentions of others are not hard evidence. They're not real evidence of anything: strictly conjecture.

I'm not saying no one anywhere is trying to prepare for war; just that I'm unaware of any "hard evidence" of it.

I think you've  become so used to the constant state of war the USA is in, that you no longer see it. Like the guy who works in the carcass rendering plant, you can't smell the rotting flesh, it's just part of the environment.

In any case, as I said, Russia is protected by nuclear weapons, so I doubt there will be a direct atttack on them, but that certainly won't prevent the USA from starting up a nice little war or two near Russian borders. Perhaps even a shot at Iran.

Doug Woodard

Donald Trump's first attempt to ignore the law:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/01/10//donald-trumps...

 

NDPP

Doug Woodard wrote:

Donald Trump's first attempt to ignore the law:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/01/10//donald-trumps...

 

Naturally, the WaPo omits a most important aspect of Kushner..

 

Jared Kushner Fired Me Over Israel Ten Years Ago

http://mondoweiss.net/2017/01/jared-kushner-israel

"Kushner was a Zionist. 'Jared has ice in his veins.' He lived in a deeply-Zionist patriarchal mental space then. I never saw him take a step out of it."

NDPP

This is also the individual that Chrystia Freeland, has been holding preliminary talks with on the NAFTA file, by the by...

6079_Smith_W

josh

LOL.

NDPP

More on  Insane McCain's 'dossier' - the circus continues

Aint That A P*sser?

https://www.rt.com/usa/373265-trump-golden-showers-peeotus/

"#GoldenShowers trend after unverified report of Trump sexcapades. Included in the report was the accusation that Trump has 'personal and sexual perversions..."

 

Russia Has No Compromising Info on Trump or Clinton, Report is 'Total Bluff' - Kremlin

https://www.rt.com/news/373283-kremlin-trump-clinton-compromising/

"Moscow says documents alleging that Russia has compromising information on Donald Trump are a fabrication and a 'total bluff'. 'The Kremlin has no compromising information on Trump. This report does not correspond to reality and is nothing but an absolute fiction, the deputy head of the Russian presidential administration, Dmitry Peskov told reporters on Wednesday.

'This is a total bluff, an absolute fabrication, complete nonsense,' he said."

josh

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/819155311793700865?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

 

Well, Trump denied it and the Russians denied it. I'm convinced. And Trump's use of caps means he can't be lying.

 

iyraste1313

Russia Has No Compromising Info on Trump or Clinton, Report is 'Total Bluff' - Kremlin

the campaign continues...the elites cannot allow Trump to take power....not to suggest I support his policies nor his people....but what he is doing will unravel the system into chaos.....

to think that Trump will be swayed by Russian blackmail attempts of course is ludicrous...what is not so ludicrous are the successful blackmailing of most of the neoliberals, congress and senate...evidence is available on request....

josh

Why is it ludicrous?

alan smithee alan smithee's picture

The 'elites' cannot allow Trump to take power. Yep,you certainly have to be an elitist to worry about what Orange Asshole will do not only to the US but the world. He's a maniac that needs to be stopped

 

iyraste1313

Hmm, a radical leftist environmentalist working for Trump...how is that going to spin

 

TRUMP PUTS RFK JR – WHO HAS RAILED AGAINST A VACCINE ‘HOLOCAUST’ – IN CHARGE OF NEW COMMISSION ON VACCINE SAFETYKennedy said the purpose would be 'to make sure we have scientific integrity in the vaccine process for efficacy and safety effects'Daily Mail - JANUARY 11, 2017 

President-elect Donald Trump has tapped a Kennedy – and a vaccine skeptic – to run a new commission on the safety of vaccines.

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. revealed his new role after a meeting at Trump Tower on Tuesday.

He said Trump had asked him to head a commission on ‘vaccine safety and scientific integrity’ and that he had agreed to do so.

Both Trump and Kennedy have have raised suspicions about vaccines despite their overwhelming support among scientists and physicians as a way to prevent the spread of deadly diseases that can infect infants and other children when the pool of protected people is diminished.

Kennedy said the purpose would be ‘to make sure we have scientific integrity in the vaccine process for efficacy and safety effects.’

The vaccine skeptic is the most prominent Democrat to accept an assignment from President-elect Trump

 

josh

The ex-wife of President-elect Donald Trump's nominee to be labor secretary, Andrew Puzder, appeared in disguise on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" as a victim of domestic violence, after having accused him multiple times of physically assaulting her in the 1980s, according to two friends of hers and a spokesman for the former couple.

Additionally, a 1988 petition obtained by POLITICO from the Circuit Court of St. Louis County provides previously unreported details of the alleged abuse: Puzder's ex-wife, Lisa Fierstein, accused him of having "assaulted and battered [her] by striking her violently about the face, chest, back, shoulders, and neck, without provocation or cause," and that as a consequence she "suffered severe and permanent injuries." 

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/womens-groups-fret-puzder-nomination-233449

 

 

josh

iyraste1313 wrote:

Hmm, a radical leftist environmentalist working for Trump...how is that going to spin

 

TRUMP PUTS RFK JR – WHO HAS RAILED AGAINST A VACCINE ‘HOLOCAUST’ – IN CHARGE OF NEW COMMISSION ON VACCINE SAFETYKennedy said the purpose would be 'to make sure we have scientific integrity in the vaccine process for efficacy and safety effects'Daily Mail - JANUARY 11, 2017 

President-elect Donald Trump has tapped a Kennedy – and a vaccine skeptic – to run a new commission on the safety of vaccines.

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. revealed his new role after a meeting at Trump Tower on Tuesday.

He said Trump had asked him to head a commission on ‘vaccine safety and scientific integrity’ and that he had agreed to do so.

Both Trump and Kennedy have have raised suspicions about vaccines despite their overwhelming support among scientists and physicians as a way to prevent the spread of deadly diseases that can infect infants and other children when the pool of protected people is diminished.

Kennedy said the purpose would be ‘to make sure we have scientific integrity in the vaccine process for efficacy and safety effects.’

The vaccine skeptic is the most prominent Democrat to accept an assignment from President-elect Trump

 

 

Radical leftist?  And did he appoint him to an environmental-related position?  No.

NDPP

Trump Holds First Press Conference Since Winning US Presidential Election

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gVBK_eGlqU

"US President-elect Donald Trump is holding his first news conference since the election. The event comes amid reports about Trump being influenced by Russia that he has denounced as 'fake news."

bekayne

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/10/media/kfile-harper-collins-monica-crowley/

Publisher HarperCollins said Tuesday that it will stop selling a book by Monica Crowley that a CNN KFile investigation found to have more than 50 instances of plagiarism.

Crowley was picked by President-elect Donald Trump to serve as senior director of strategic communications for the National Security Council. CNN's KFile reported Saturday that Crowley's 2012 book, "What The (Bleep) Just Happened," lifted work from columnists, news reports, articles, and think tanks.

 

 

josh

The law firm representing Trump during today's news conference won Russia Law Firm of the Year award in 2016. 

 

https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/status/819243344429772801 

 

Pages

Topic locked