War in Syria 3

572 posts / 0 new
Last post
ikosmos ikosmos's picture

The off-Guardian has an amusing follow-up; US official Ashton Carter tries to blame Russia for not helping to fight the "terrorist sponsor" in Assad's Syria - "failing" to do their part, etc. -  and all sorts of ideological backflips follow. Good for a laugh I suppose. 

What friggin' planet are these neo con idiots living on?

Planet Yesterday.

ikosmos ikosmos's picture

The Russian fleet is in the process of administering a merciless pounding to the NATO-sponsored terrorists. Hence the mostly glum silence in the Western MSM.

However, this was amusing:

US Marine veteran Brad Hoff wrote:
I actually think decisive action is simply to look the other way as Russia escalates its operations. The fact that there is a Russian carrier in the Mediterranean was no secret to anyone.

USA! USA! We're number one in f*cking the dog!

Well, give the Obama regime credit. They're good at doing nothing. clap clap.

See Kutnetsov carrier doubles capacity in Syria

NDPP

Rebels Intensify Fighting in Aleppo as Russia Halts Strikes in Area For Month

https://youtu.be/ENZaEPNVJzU

"The pause is to allow civilians and what Moscow describes as 'sane' opposition to leave. However, the militants have used it to step up their drive..."

NDPP

East Aleppo - Behind the Lines: Unrest Amongst Civilian Population Trapped in the City

https://youtu.be/Zme0K2rKsPg

"Unrest growing at the rebel presence in parts of the city, as the population is deprived of food and is not being allowed to leave..."

 

NDPP

US State Dept Dismisses Question From RT, Says It Won't Treat It Like Other Media (and vid)

https://www.rt.com/news/367192-kirby-rt-syria-accusations/

"I have never seen this kind of hysteria against Russia in the United States, ever...The extreme statements, the insults directed at President Putin and at Russia in general, the notion that the US can conduct military operations at the Russian border at will.

It's emotional, it's not rational, it's nothing that can be explained by reason,' Larry Johnson, a retired CIA and State Department official added...

In contrast, constant rebel shelling in Syria causing mass civilian casualties continues to go largely unnoticed...the other side doesn't matter."

 

ikosmos ikosmos's picture

Yeah, that idiot at the State Department, John Kirby, is just done like dinner. Or, he'll be promoted to John Kerry's job! lol.

Seriously, Uncle Sam is just getting "bitch slapped". First, this idiot at the State Department, lays it on thick about Russian air strikes on uncountable Syrian hospitals. Never mind that the Russians are actually pounding those terrorist depots between Mosul and the Syrian border - making sure that the terrorists that the US has pushed out of Mosul don't go back into Syria - and nowhere near Aleppo. Who cares about facts when it comes to lying about Russia?

So, the RT reporter just horse-whips the bully. I mean, he's got burn marks on his slimy back. Matt Lee of AP even chimed in, prolly feeling sorry for the friggin idiot ...

Anyway, now you add that the terrorists won't be making it back into Syria, it's just win win win all around.

Except, of course, for the Obama sponsored terrorists.

 

bekayne
NDPP

@bekayne - yes, a Harvard Law School alumnus - that's the way they roll. New CIA chief same as the old CIA chief. Surprise, surprise...

 

Terrorists Shoot Protester Civilians Dead in Aleppo: 27 Killed, 40 Wounded (and vid)

https://t.co/IvNZAYnN4P

Oh sorry, I keep forgetting that liberal interventionists only notice/protest deaths by Russian bombing in occupied E Aleppo

 

How Colonial War Breeds Mass Deception

https://twitter.com/timand2037/status/800202925939142657

NDPP

Moscow Ready to Deliver Evidence of Chemical Weapons Use By Rebel Forces in Aleppo

https://youtu.be/9hrzM2ewNeM

"Russian specialists found militants in E Aleppo used ammunition with poisonous substances targeting W Aleppo."

ikosmos ikosmos's picture

The UN body responsible for investigating such things as the use of chemical weapons "doesn't want to see the evidence", citing this or that bullshit. Russian media has a story indicating pressure from the brutal, terrorist-sponsoring Western regimes is responsible for this ostrich-like reply by the UN body....

 

UN chemical watchdog refused to send experts to Aleppo under Western pressure – Lavrov

 

Can you say "scumbag Western regimes" ?

SeekingAPolitic...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-38069378

Shocking News if one rely 100 % on the MSN for all there Syria news.  If try internet sources you had been told this years ago that this happening.  It is so obvious the western media can now longer trun a blind eye.

Do some of the weapons that IS uses come from the West?  Answered. Yes

NDPP

Students of Aleppo University Released a Video

https://youtu.be/4ic4p13TD2A

 

swallow swallow's picture

ikosmos wrote:

The UN body responsible for investigating such things as the use of chemical weapons "doesn't want to see the evidence", citing this or that bullshit. Russian media has a story indicating pressure from the brutal, terrorist-sponsoring Western regimes is responsible for this ostrich-like reply by the UN body....

UN chemical watchdog refused to send experts to Aleppo under Western pressure – Lavrov

Can you say "scumbag Western regimes" ?

You could, but it would not be factually accurate. 

Quote:

The Organisation for the Prohibition for Chemical Weapons (OPCW) recently received an offer from Russian authorities to provide some samples and other material in relation to an incident of alleged use of chemicals as weapons in Aleppo. These samples and other material may be of use in the ongoing work of the OPCW Fact-Finding Mission.

In view of the security situation in and around Aleppo, the OPCW proposed in a communication to the Russian Foreign Ministry to receive such material in Damascus or The Hague.

At present, the OPCW is awaiting a response.

[url=https://www.opcw.org/news/article/statement-from-the-opcw-spokesperson-i... from the OPCW Spokesperson in Response to Media Inquiries About the Russian Federation’s Offer to Provide Samples and Other Material[/url]. 

ikosmos ikosmos's picture

Rest assured the Western scumbags will have any Russian authorities transporting evidence of chemical weapon usage by the NATO/Gulf autocracy-sponsored jihadists in Allepo arrested for moving dangerous substances!

That UN is just getting more and more worthless. Let's hope the new Sec Gen will be less of a US stooge than the last one.

 

From a previous report ...

 

RT wrote:

Russian experts have found evidence that terrorists have been using chemical weapons in their regular attacks in Aleppo, Russia’s Defense Ministry said, adding that the UN’s watchdog hasn’t sent any specialists to the besieged city despite requests.

The evidence was found in Aleppo’s Area 1070 by officers from the Russian Radiological, Chemical and Biological Defense troops’ scientific center, Russian Defense Ministry spokesperson Major General Igor Konashenkov said in a statement.

“In Area ‘1070’ in the southwestern suburbs of Aleppo, experts from the Russian Defense Ministry conducted rapid identification of nine selected samples (fragments of mines, the soil from the craters, places where shells landed), which confirmed [that the terrorists] had used chlorine and white phosphorus munitions to fill their ammunition,” he said.

swallow swallow's picture

And again, the agency concerned offered to examine the evidence, in Damascus or the Hague, and is waiting for Russia's reply. 

ikosmos ikosmos's picture

In fact, the scumbag Western regimes have already perverted the goals of the OPCW into an instrument for the overthrow of the Syrian government. I see that the Russian FM, back in the middle of November, already predicted disgusting actions like the present ones. Ever new excuses will be found to justify fabricated allegations against the Syrian government, and the revolting and disgusting atrocities by the "angelic" western-sponsored, baby killing, beheading fanatics, such as the use of chlorine and phosphorus weapons against Syrian civilians, will be whitewashed or passed over in silence.

Another day for Western imperialism. ho hum.

Quote:
On November 11, following a multistage combination involving active use of the regional solidarity factor, a group of member states of the Executive Council of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) secured support for an anti-Syrian decision that is based on an unconvincing, and actually incriminating report by the OPCW-UN Joint Investigative Mechanism (JIM) about the use of chemical weapons in Syria.

The decision stipulates unlimited inspections at Syria’s military infrastructure and research facilities, which satisfy the basic economic requirements of the country and sometimes the Middle East as a whole. According to those who initiated and ensured the adoption of this decision, such inspections will ultimately allow the organisation to assume total control over the defence, research and technological capacities of a sovereign state, which have been seriously undermined by the many-year-long war that is being actively sponsored by external forces.

The adoption of a decision that infringes on the rights of a state party to the Chemical Weapons Convention and the integrity of this vital document is deeply alarming and regrettable. One of the most highly respected and successful organisations in the area of disarmament and WMD non-proliferation, which received the Nobel Peace Prize for its efforts to eliminate chemical weapons in Syria in 2013, is being turned by a group of countries that are set on changing the Damascus government into an instrument of political and economic pressure and blackmail. The tragic lessons of former Yugoslavia, Iraq and Libya have not been heeded, although many current and former power players publicly admitted thiss.

We can now expect a further increase in anti-Syrian actions within the OPCW and the UN Security Council. We urge all countries that hold dear the universal principles and norms to counter such unprincipled and irresponsible actions in international relations.

We express our gratitude to the governments of the countries that managed to stand up to the unprecedented pressure and refused to support the OPCW Executive Council’s decision on Syria that can be described as sanctions.

Canada is one of these disgusting regimes carrying out sanctions against a country already under attack by terrorists.

 

"We can now expect a further increase in anti-Syrian actions within the OPCW and the UN Security Council."

"We can now expect a further increase in anti-Syrian actions within the OPCW and the UN Security Council."

"We can now expect a further increase in anti-Syrian actions within the OPCW and the UN Security Council."

 

This was 2 weeks ago. What a suprise that we now have these games being played by OPCW. And we have babblers cheerleading these monsters.

 

link

swallow swallow's picture

Who is "cheerleading," specifically? 

ikosmos ikosmos's picture

The jihadis are just getting THRASHED. Too goddam bad for their Western sponsors. The latter are practically apoplectic with useless rage. But this was especially amusing...

Quote:

After breaking the Jihadi front in the north-eastern part of the east-Aleppo cauldron yesterday, the defenses there fell completely apart. The Jihadis had to pull back and the whole norther third of the Jihadi held east-Aleppo is now rapidly falling to the Syrian government forces. The main reason for the defeat of the Jihadis is - tadaaah - the "lack of hospitals":

"The revolutionaries are fighting fiercely but the volume of bombardments and the intensity of the battles, the dead and the wounded, and the lack of hospitals, are all playing a role in the collapse of these frontlines," said an official from Jabha Shamiya, one of the biggest groups fighting against Assad in northern Syria.

The destruction of the last hospital for transsexual cats in Aleppo by a thermobaric barrel nuke must have been the tipping point of the fight. This is, I believe, the first time such a ludicrous propaganda excuse has been given for a total defeat.

In reality the Syrian forces are avoiding casualties and use their overwhelming firepower to clear the way before their infantry proceeds. This demolishes any defense line the "rebels" can set up even before the real fighting starts. Only hardened and very disciplined troops could hold such a line under fire and offer real resistance. The "rebels" can't.

Did you get that? The jihadi sponsors are just desperate. A very good article that is - with plenty of factual detail. Truly, a huge can o' whup ass has been opened.

Rivers of tears in Washington, Ottawa, London, and Paris. Too fukcing bad.

Syria Roundup: Jihadi Fronts Fall Apart - Egypt Enters The Fight

Wanna hear something even more juicy? Those Mistral ships that France - under orders from their masters in Barad-dur, aka Washington - refused to sell to Russia? They've been sold to Egypt. And the Egyptians are ... allied with Syria against the Western-sponsored terrorists! And Russian officers are purported to be running the ships - certainly, Russian helicopters are there, in any case.

Fukcing delicious! Mmm mmm.

swallow swallow's picture

Now that was some quality cheerleading! 

NDPP

 

'Error of Judgment': White Helmets Apologize for Bizarre Mannequin

https://youtu.be/ytpt4sgoxYI

 

Western Weapons Fall Into the Hands of Terrorists

https://off-guardian.org/2016/11/27/western-weapons-falls-into-the-hands...

"It looks like Western countries are very interested in the escalation of the situation in Syria and Iraq and deliberately organize weapons and ammunition supply..."

 

Tim Anderson: The Dirty War in Syria (and vid)

https://kenfm.de/kenfm-zeigt-tim-anderson/

Canada supports

ikosmos ikosmos's picture

Yup. Genuine, full bodied, whoop ass.

Accept NO substitutes.

Bec.De.Corbin Bec.De.Corbin's picture

kropotkin1951 wrote:

Bec.De.Corbin wrote:

Blah blah blah... both side are killing civilians... stop acting like it's one sided.

The shit piece you posted actually does read like its one sided. So why don't you take your own advice and stop acting liking its a one sided affair, you biased cheerleader for NATO imperialism.

I didn't post that, some else did. I really don't post much here and disputing things put out by others here with other information or facts is not cheerleading. Are you so full of bitterness as a person you can't even get that striaght?

But yeah I stand by what I posted... both sides are killing civilians.  

NDPP

Kerry Making 'Unbelievable Effort' to Save Syrian Rebels From Trump, Russia Confirms

https://www.rt.com/news/368425-kerry-syrian-rebels-trump/

"Kerry is making a last-ditch effort to stop the Syrian operation in eastern Aleppo, because the Trump administration may end up being 'squarely on the side of dictator [Syrian President] Bashar al Assad.' The Syrian government operation to retake eastern Aleppo from armed groups appears to be progressing, with latest reports saying the militants have lost a third of their territory to the advancing army.

Stopping the siege now could give those fighters time to regroup, rearm and mount a counteroffensive."

 

ikosmos ikosmos's picture

The thousands of residents of eastern occupied Aleppo that are now free ... that have fled the liberated territory ... is proof enough that these people were being used as human shields by the Western-sponsored terrorists.

This is remarkably similar to what happened in Ukraine, by the way. Once the terrorized residents of Ukraine and the liberated territories of Donetsk and Lugansk were able to escape, where did they go? Russia, natch. Russia for freedom. Similarly, the victims of the terrorists flee back into liberated Syria.

What more proof does one need? For some, there will never be enough proof. "Because freedom."

Aleppo's complete liberation is at hand. With this, goes any chance of the baby-killing, head-chopping darlings of the Western regimes being able to form a rump Sunni fundamentalist state that would be the start of the dismemberment of that country.

Long live the free, secular, Syrian Arab Republic!

Long live those thousands who gave their lives to save their country! You will live forever in the hearts of the Syrian people!

And long live those countries whose soldiers also fought and gave their lives to free Syria from these terrorists monsters! All those who love freedom salute you and your internationalism!

And shame on the merciless Western and NATO regimes and Gulf autocracies who sponsored these terrorists for their own selfish aims!

 


ikosmos ikosmos's picture

Russian M*A*S*H !!

Russia to deploy mobile hospitals to Aleppo

Quote:
The Defense Ministry will operate a special 100-bed clinic with trauma equipment for treating children, he added. This hospital will be able to service about 420 outcare-patients daily.

The Emergencies Ministry is also to deploy a 50-bed clinic capable of treating 200 outcare-patients each day.

The facilities will be operational “very soon,” Peskov said.

It comes as the Russian military announced a breakthrough in Syria’s operation to retake the militant-held part of Aleppo. Tens of thousands of civilians, who were previously kept by armed groups as human shields, are now in the government-controlled part of the city and require supplies and medical attention.

Those bad, bad Russians! How dare they!? Think of the bruised, Western egos!

I can see the headline now ...

"Putin killed my mom and then destroyed the last hospital in Aleppo ... then covers up his crime by (blah blah) ..."

MegB

ikosmos wrote:

Russian M*A*S*H !!

Russia to deploy mobile hospitals to Aleppo

Quote:
The Defense Ministry will operate a special 100-bed clinic with trauma equipment for treating children, he added. This hospital will be able to service about 420 outcare-patients daily.

The Emergencies Ministry is also to deploy a 50-bed clinic capable of treating 200 outcare-patients each day.

The facilities will be operational “very soon,” Peskov said.

It comes as the Russian military announced a breakthrough in Syria’s operation to retake the militant-held part of Aleppo. Tens of thousands of civilians, who were previously kept by armed groups as human shields, are now in the government-controlled part of the city and require supplies and medical attention.

Those bad, bad Russians! How dare they!? Think of the bruised, Western egos!

I can see the headline now ...

"Putin killed my mom and then destroyed the last hospital in Aleppo ... then covers up his crime by (blah blah) ..."

Just stop. Your ridiculous propaganda, conspiracy theories and generally rigid and narrow ideology is not wanted on this board.

ikosmos ikosmos's picture

Turkish media are reporting that their President has admitted, publicly, that the aim of his government in Syria has been, and is, the overthrow of the Syrian government. There's no fakery about fighting terrorism.

The cat is truly out of the bag.

HurrietDailyNews wrote:
The Turkish military launched its operations in Syria to end the rule of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said Nov. 29.

“In my estimation, nearly 1 million people have died in Syria. These deaths are still continuing without exception for children, women and men. Where is the United Nations? What is it doing? Is it in Iraq? No. We preached patience but could not endure in the end and had to enter Syria together with the Free Syrian Army [FSA],” Erdoğan said at the first Inter-Parliamentary Jerusalem Platform Symposium in Istanbul.

“Why did we enter? We do not have an eye on Syrian soil. The issue is to provide lands to their real owners. That is to say we are there for the establishment of justice. We entered there to end the rule of the tyrant al-Assad who terrorizes with state terror. [We didn’t enter] for any other reason,” the president said.

 

Just to be clear. This is a confession of the crime of military aggression  by a NATO-member state. This is the same military alliance of joint "self defense" that Canada belongs to. Canada is militarily allied to a country whose President openly admits that one of his foreign policy aims is to overthrow another UN-recognized government. Canada is allied with a brigand, a pirate, a rogue state.

Think about that.

 

See Turkey Entered Syria to End Al-Assad's Rule

NDPP

Syrian Rebels Shoot At Civilians As They Flee To Govt Held Areas

https://youtu.be/1js1ty6gqfs

Lavrov Calls on West to Abandon 'Geopolitical Engineering' in Middle East

http://sptnkne.ws/cRvH

ikosmos ikosmos's picture

Next.

ikosmos ikosmos's picture

Peter Lavelle's latest: Trump's Syria

The show actually ends on a positive note. Despite the uncertainty associated with the transition from one President to another in the USA, there are some encouraging signs that pragmatic, calmer heads may prevail in Washington.

But we'll see.

Other points:

1. The money and arms from the US may come to a sudden end. The Sunni extremists won't want to be facing each other in such a situation. OTOH, if the US drops out, other sponsors of violence will happily step in: the Gulf states, including SA, UAE and Qatar, as well as Turkey ...

2. The one deciding factor that could end this war is the relationship between Turkey and Russia. ... There can be no endgame without [Turkey playing a key role] ... The economic relationship is powerful here. Turkey needs the economic relationship with Russia: 1,000,000 Turks married to Russians, there is the huge tourism factor, oil and gas (Turkey is a net importer) as well, and so on.

3. I feel sorry for the Russphobes, here an elsewhere, who, due to their prejudices are unwilling to look at sources like, e.g., Lavelle's show on RT. This is just fabulous television. Back in the day when The Guardian wasn't such garbage, and Le Monde Diplomatique was actually interesting to read, is the only media that I can think of that matches this stuff.


ikosmos ikosmos's picture

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Syrians, escapees, at long last, from east Aleppo ... kissing Shadi Halwi (patriotic journalist from Syria), etc. in their walk to freedom.

NDPP

3 Civilians Killed, 44 Injured in Rebel Shelling of W Aleppo (and vid)

http://on.rt.com/7wsr

 

Syrian Govt Forces Progress in Aleppo City: Nov 17 - Dec 2, 2016 (and vid)

http://thesaker.is/syrian-govt-forces-progress-in-aleppo-city-from-nov-1...

 

 

'Best Scenario For Aleppo Is To Bring Siege to End By Throwing Out Rebels'

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/369072-aleppo-end-siege-rebels/

"...Commenting on repeated calls at the UN for prolonged humanitarian pauses in eastern Aleppo, the researcher cast doubt on their purpose, arguing that such pauses will only serve militants. 'I think there's really a problem here with the United Nations, that their role here is kind of dubious, and I think that what is important is for the Russians to ensure that E Aleppo is freed from control of the rebels..."

ikosmos ikosmos's picture

Something of importance here - and a bad result may discredit the UN for a long time - is that, now that all these refugees - these human shields that the terrorists have been using to save their miserable hides - now that all these refugees clearly need help, will the UN and Western regimes actually help? Or just, conveniently, wash their hands of the problem?

I'm not hopeful. The Western regimes have been trying to kill Syrians, destroy their country, for five years or longer, through their brutal proxies. They have sanctions against Syria - despite Syria under attack by terrorists - and that includes the "peace loving" Canadian regime.

And on it goes. But business is business, so let's sell 10 billion in arms to the Saudis (who supply the terrorists with arms) and so on. Blechh.

 

NDPP

Syrian Delegates To Ireland Will Highlight Role of EU Sanctions in Killing Women and Children  -  by John Wight [No such concern in Ottawa, only expressed concerns by MPs that their killing sanctions don't 'bite' hard enough.]

http://rt.com/op-edge/368459-syrian-delegation-ireland-visit

"The Western narrative of the conflict in Syria would have us believe that something approximating a revolution has been taking place in the country, one that enjoys popular support from ordinary Syrians. It is a narrative so grotesque, so Goebbelsian in its distortion of the truth that it confirms the abiding mendacity of those who purport to champion democracy and human rights even as they set the world on fire..."

 

Syrian Mufti Hassoun Visits Ireland, Addresses Lawmakers

https://youtu.be/nzIM5y_QDu4

 

 

ikosmos ikosmos's picture

Did NATO provide the coordinates of a Russian hospital in Aleppo to the ISIS terrorists?

Sure looks like it.

Did the US-led coalition give the EXACT coordinates of Russian Aleppo hospital to Al-Qaeda for a missile attack?

Oh, no, wait. Let's see the despicable Western media on this one. Maybe they could take a page out of the UkroNazi play book. The Russians bombed themselves! Yeah! Any lie will do.

Quote:

“We know who provided the militants with information on the Russian hospital and its exact coordinates. Therefore it’s not only the actual perpetrators who are responsible for murdering and wounding our medics who were administering aid to Aleppo children.”

“The hands of those who instigated this murder are also coated with the blood of our servicemen. Those who created, fed and armed those beats in human disguise, naming them ‘opposition’ for justification before their own conscience and voters. Yes, [this blood is on your hands], terrorists’ patrons from the US, UK, France and their sympathizers.”

This stuff is just disgusting. Anything to help the terrorists.

NDPP

Moscow Slams West for Staying Silent on Russian Hospital Bombing

http://rt.com/news/369282-russian-foreign-ministry-hospital-bombing

"We call on our partners to abandon their politicized approach and finally join the counter-terrorist efforts in Syria as well as the search for a political solution to the Syrian crisis,' instead of waging a smear campaign in the media, the Ministry said in a statement. It also slammed Western governments for their repeated calls to stop the government operation in Eastern Aleppo, which 'increasingly resembles the last desperate attempt to shield and save the terrorists and extremists supervised by [the West]...."

lagatta

President Assad IS a brutal dictator. I happen to know people who were tortured by his thugs - they were activists in left groups.

Remember Maher Arar?

It is entirely possible to oppose both Assad's thuggery and that of Daesh.

kropotkin1951 kropotkin1951's picture

lagatta wrote:

President Assad IS a brutal dictator. I happen to know people who were tortured by his thugs - they were activists in left groups.

Remember Maher Arar?

It is entirely possible to oppose both Assad's thuggery and that of Daesh.

It is up to the Syrian people and despite the evidence that his father's and then his regime were brutal with people seen as enemies of the state he would be re-elected today. The torture cells were mostly filled with people suspected of being violent Islamic fundamentalists. We sent Maher to their torture cells precisely because of the Syrian security forces brutal treatment of suspected Islamic terrorists. It was the middle eastern tradition with socialist leaning governments. Provide education and healthcare and food security in exchange for being ruled by an unforgiving police state

The people of Syria did not deserve to have their cities destroyed by Western backed terrorists because we thought their dictator had to be removed. Get back to me when Saudi Arabia is destablized like Syria, Iraq and Libya because their dictators were beyond the pale. In the meantime the reason why the people of Syria are suffering has very little to do with the fact that its regime is despotic. 

NDPP

Report: US Trying To Rescue Intelligence Officers From Eastern Aleppo City

http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13950916001587

"Washington has urged negotiations with Moscow over a deal that would envisage providing a safe passage to US intelligence officers and terrorists in E Aleppo to Turkey via the Castillo corridor in lieu of handing over the remaining districts to the Syrian army, media reports said Thursday..."

 

BREAKING: Russia Furious, US Refuses to Withdraw Jihadis From Aleppo

http://theduran.com/russia-furious-us-backtracks-proposal-withdraw-jihad...

"They have withdrawn their document and have a new one. Our initial impression is that this new document backtracks and is an attempt to buy time for the militants, allow them to catch their breath and resupply.' Setting the stage for a fight in Aleppo to the finish."

 

'Mainstream Meltdown'

https://t.co/sMRoXU7Y2P

ikosmos ikosmos's picture

kropotkin1951 wrote:
It is up to the Syrian people and despite the evidence that his father's and then his regime were brutal with people seen as enemies of the state he would be re-elected today.

He was re-elected. It's just that the results didn't fit the narrative of the Western regimes, so this fact has gone done the memory hole and been erased. I don't know what people who flippantly dispose of Syria's elected government think of the UN and international law and the sovereignty of states, but's it pretty clear that it's not very much. Elected? Who cares. UN-recognized? Stick your fingers in your ears and shout "la la la la" ... because that's pretty well what you have to do.

Quote:
The people of Syria did not deserve to have their cities destroyed by Western backed terrorists because we thought their dictator had to be removed. Get back to me when Saudi Arabia is destablized like Syria, Iraq and Libya because their dictators were beyond the pale. In the meantime the reason why the people of Syria are suffering has very little to do with the fact that its regime is despotic. 

I find it's quite hard to have any respect for the contemptible attitudes you've exposed here. It's the most insolent arrogance: contempt for other people's right to choose their own path, indifference for the most horrific crime known to humanity (the crime of starting a war), lecturing others on how they should live, etc., etc..

JKR

ikosmos wrote:

He was re-elected.

With almost 90% of the vote!