Multiple injuries reported after pedestrians struck by van in Toronto

237 posts / 0 new
Last post
NorthReport
NorthReport
NorthReport
NorthReport
alan smithee alan smithee's picture

So these links are suggesting that this terrorist was just in dire need of a blowjob?

Peace and love. Peace and love.

alan smithee alan smithee's picture

bekayne wrote:

alan smithee wrote:

And therein lies the problem. Trudeau MUST come out and call this what it is..a terror attack. There's no sugar coating to this one. Christ,everybody knows this was a terrorist attack. Stop with the political correctness. Stop with the 'only Muslim attacks' are terrorism. Just stop it.

Call it out FFS.

DiManno's column was implying that this was Muslim terrorism.

DiManno should refrain from that. That's exactly what I said. It must stop. Terrorism is terrorism. You'll find in my comments I never trashed a religion. But I did trash this terrorist.

NorthReport

Please stop with the nonsense Alan as you sound identical to what Stephen Harper would say. 

When we use the term terrorism it is code for foreign  and Muslim. 

Everything so far points to mental illness. 

progressive17 progressive17's picture

No, it was an act of terror on behalf of the "Incel Rebellion". The martyrdom of Elliot Roger. It was guys who are mad about not being able to have heterosexual sex. They are mad at all the guys "Chads" who get all the women, and they are mad at all the women "Stacys" who say no. 

So it wasn't a guy acting out of realization of his own slavery, and he wasn't acting for a political or theological cause. But it was a cause, so it does qualify as terrorism. It was not, as Minister Goodale said, a threat to national security. 
 

alan smithee alan smithee's picture

NorthReport wrote:

Please stop with the nonsense Alan as you sound identical to what Stephen Harper would say. 

When we use the term terrorism it is code for foreign  and Muslim. 

Everything so far points to mental illness. 

Oh for fuck sake,NR. This was the exact same M.O. as what happened in Germany and Spain. And as I said,this idea that only an attack by a Muslim is terrorism is nonesense.

This was text book terrorism. As for mental health. ANYBODY committing crimes like this including,ESPECIALLY including those who commit mass murder and then commit suicide are clearly not mentally stable. All of them. It's not the point. This was a terror attack.  BTW,was this perp Muslim? It's proving that he's not. That's why no one is calling this terrorism.

Had he be Muslim everyone would be tripping over themselves calling this terrorism. There's your racism,NR..

NorthReport

I’d rather work on finding solutions for these alienated young men because to ignore the problem just means it will continue.

josh

alan smithee wrote:

And therein lies the problem. Trudeau MUST come out and call this what it is..a terror attack. There's no sugar coating to this one. Christ,everybody knows this was a terrorist attack. Stop with the political correctness. Stop with the 'only Muslim attacks' are terrorism. Just stop it.

Call it out FFS.

How about you stop and take a chill pill.

alan smithee alan smithee's picture

josh wrote:

alan smithee wrote:

And therein lies the problem. Trudeau MUST come out and call this what it is..a terror attack. There's no sugar coating to this one. Christ,everybody knows this was a terrorist attack. Stop with the political correctness. Stop with the 'only Muslim attacks' are terrorism. Just stop it.

Call it out FFS.

How about you stop and take a chill pill.

I think I calmed down quite a bit,thank you very much.

This was a terror attack. OK? Just because one is not Muslim doesn't mean it isn't. The mental health,oh let's cry for this poor young man shit is frankly insulting. Of course he's mentally ill. Like EVERYBODY that commits such crimes. Are we supposed to cry for the 9/11 perpetrators because THEY were mentally ill? pfff. Smoke another banana peel,Buckwheat.

Trudeau should call this a terror attack when he addresses it probably later today. Why? Because that's exactly what it was.

Maybe YOU should take a pill. A very strong tranquilizer and shut the fuck up. Alright?

josh

I think I calmed down quite a bit,thank you very much.

Doesn't appear as though you have.

alan smithee alan smithee's picture

josh wrote:

I think I calmed down quite a bit,thank you very much.

Doesn't appear as though you have.

Maybe if you'd stop aggrivating me with shit like you said,it wouldn't appear like I'm not calm.

josh

alan smithee wrote:

josh wrote:

I think I calmed down quite a bit,thank you very much.

Doesn't appear as though you have.

Maybe if you'd stop aggrivating me with shit like you said,it wouldn't appear like I'm not calm.

Maybe the fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars . . . .

alan smithee alan smithee's picture

josh wrote:

alan smithee wrote:

josh wrote:

I think I calmed down quite a bit,thank you very much.

Doesn't appear as though you have.

Maybe if you'd stop aggrivating me with shit like you said,it wouldn't appear like I'm not calm.

Maybe the fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars . . . .

Christ...Here we go again. You're just dying for me to unload on you aren't you?

6079_Smith_W

I suppose it is too much to expect that registered charities like CAFE will come under scrutiny for driving misogynist anger. The fact he made reference to another similar attack would suggest that he didn't just get so angry that he snapped. This is right in line with a lot of propaganda we are seeing right now.

Jordan Peterson's 12 Rules For Life is on a big pedestal in the book section of our local drug store, so it is everywhere, and really it is no surprise that people feel it is okay to display this kind of anger.

 

 

alan smithee alan smithee's picture

6079_Smith_W wrote:

I suppose it is too much to expect that registered charities like CAFE will come under scrutiny for driving misogynist anger. The fact he made reference to another similar attack would suggest that he didn't just get so angry that he snapped. This is right in line with a lot of propaganda we are seeing right now.

 

Smith,what was your point of pasting this link in your comment? It has nothing to do with the terrorist attack yersterday. Just miosogynistic bullshit that I'm sure is going to offend and piss off many here.

6079_Smith_W

Oh, I cut it out before you responded, but here it is:

https://equalitycanada.com/

I'm actually waiting to see if they are going to respond to this, and how. All clues would seem to indicate that "misogynist bullshit" is exactly what we are talking about here, so I don't see any reason to shy away from it. As I said, it is a growing threat, so if that is what this is, I am not surprised.

 

 

 

alan smithee alan smithee's picture

6079_Smith_W wrote:

Oh, I cut it out before you responded, but here it is:

https://equalitycanada.com/

I'm actually waiting to see if they are going to respond to this, and how. All clues would seem to indicate that "misogynist bullshit" is exactly what we are talking about here, so I don't see any reason to shy away from it. As I said, it is a growing threat, so if that is what this is, I am not surprised.

 

 

 

I'm just curious,Smith. What does misogyny have to do with this attack? Was the terrorist a sexually repressed maniac who needed a blowjob? Was he targeting women specifically? I'm not sure about what you're getting at. Seriously. I'm not trying to be a dick.

alan smithee alan smithee's picture

6079_Smith_W wrote:

I suppose it is too much to expect that registered charities like CAFE will come under scrutiny for driving misogynist anger. The fact he made reference to another similar attack would suggest that he didn't just get so angry that he snapped. This is right in line with a lot of propaganda we are seeing right now.

Jordan Peterson's 12 Rules For Life is on a big pedestal in the book section of our local drug store, so it is everywhere, and really it is no surprise that people feel it is okay to display this kind of anger.

 

 

Peterson is a 'free speech warrior' I had the mispleasure of seeing him on Real Time Bill Maher's show. This is the kind of shit that is taking over Ayn Rand book sales.

pookie

I would urge caution at taking the "incel" stuff at face value.  We don't know whether that FB post was fake.  FB has deleted his account so there is no current way to verify.

6079_Smith_W

Well I might be wrong, but so far his reference to Elliot Rodger would seem to be the best indication of why he did this.

Men going on a murderous rampage because women won't have sex with them? That is at the core of misogyny, Alan. And male entitlement and rage.

(edit)

And caution noted. As I said, I might be wrong. But it is out there, and it has been reported on, so these are fair questions.

And even if that wasn't the specific motive, who does shit like this? Angry guys who feel it is okay to take their frustration out on other people, that's who. And there are a lot of voices shouting from the sidelines driving that entitlement.

 

Pondering

I agree.

How naive we have been, whistling by the graveyard as carnage was wrought in Manchester, in Nice, in Paris, in Orlando, in London, in Madrid, in Toulouse, in Barcelona, in Istanbul, in Berlin, in Stockholm, in Boston. On and on in this new normal. When it’s not guns and makeshift bombs, it’s knives and axes and the thousands of pounds of lurching vehicle steel. Into a promenade crowd, into a Christmas market, into a pop concert, into the subway.

I don't know what rock Rosie has been living under but this is not the mass murder in Canada and we have been taking precautions for years to prevent these sorts of attacks at special events. Unfortunately it is impossible to prevent all such attacks. 

Alan, why are you so fixated on labeling this "terrorism"?  What was this man's political goal? What elevates him from mass murderer to terrorist?

voice of the damned

Pondering wrote:

What was this man's political goal? What elevates him from mass murderer to terrorist?

Assuming he really was motivated by the "Incel" thing...

I think it depends whether or not he was just bitter about personally not getting laid, and wanted to make some big public splash to express his anger; or if he had some ideological assumption about men being entitled to sex, and his actions were somehow meant to push that agenda into the wider society.

As a comparison, it would be like the difference between a guy who guns down his company's CEO because he didn't get the raise he thought he so richly deserved, and a guy who guns down a CEO(not neccessarily his own) because he thinks capitalism is exploiting the workers. The latter is a terrorist; the former, I would say, not.

From what I've heard about these Gamergate/Incel types, they seem to have ideas about gender relations very much rooted in traditional patriarchy. But whether they're actually trying to push society in a particular direction(rather than just sit around and moan about not getting laid), I don't know.  

NorthReport

 

Point taken pookie. 

It is less than 24 hours since his rampage and we don’t have all the details yet. One big bonus in getting at what happened is that the suspect is alive. 

 

pookie wrote:

I would urge caution at taking the "incel" stuff at face value.  We don't know whether that FB post was fake.  FB has deleted his account so there is no current way to verify.

NorthReport

Regardless of the reason for this particular incident, Canada needs a well run, where the workers are protected, totally legalized prostitution system

NorthReport
NorthReport

 

Facebook apparently has confirmed his Facebook page

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-van-attack-driver-profile-alek-minassian-1.4632435

pookie wrote:

I would urge caution at taking the "incel" stuff at face value.  We don't know whether that FB post was fake.  FB has deleted his account so there is no current way to verify.

alan smithee alan smithee's picture

Pondering wrote:

I agree.

How naive we have been, whistling by the graveyard as carnage was wrought in Manchester, in Nice, in Paris, in Orlando, in London, in Madrid, in Toulouse, in Barcelona, in Istanbul, in Berlin, in Stockholm, in Boston. On and on in this new normal. When it’s not guns and makeshift bombs, it’s knives and axes and the thousands of pounds of lurching vehicle steel. Into a promenade crowd, into a Christmas market, into a pop concert, into the subway.

I don't know what rock Rosie has been living under but this is not the mass murder in Canada and we have been taking precautions for years to prevent these sorts of attacks at special events. Unfortunately it is impossible to prevent all such attacks. 

Alan, why are you so fixated on labeling this "terrorism"?  What was this man's political goal? What elevates him from mass murderer to terrorist?

Simple. It was a terroristic attack. Clearly inspired by what has happened in England,Germany,France and Spain.

As far as I'm concerned he's a terrorist. And if it turns out that his motive was that his only sex life was jerking off at Pornhub and frustrated that he couldn't get a blowjob,that makes him a terrorist - end point.

I'm going to continue referring to him as a terrorist until it's proven I'm wrong.

NorthReport
NorthReport
alan smithee alan smithee's picture

Thanks for validating my opinion. He was a fucking loser who couldn't get laid and his sexual frustration inspired him to commit a terrorist attack.

He's a terrorist. The attack was terrorism. The end.

Pondering

NorthReport wrote:

Regardless of the reason for this particular incident, Canada needs a well run, where the workers are protected, totally legalized prostitution system

NO. There are not two classes of women. We do not sacrifice poor and minority women to protect the privileged. What makes you think these men weren't already using prostitutes? It's about power and status not nuts and bolts sex. Having to pay would enrage them and entitle them to take out their rage on the women they paid for. Women that give it away for free to "Chads" but force them to pay. They don't just want sex. They want it from the type of woman they feel entitled to. 

It is offensive to suggest that prostitution would in any way prevent such atrocities as these. 

http://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/feminist-current/2012/12/what-about-men-...

In 31 of the school shootings that have taken place since 1999, the murderers were all men. Out of the 62 mass murders which happened over the past 30 years, only one of those shooters was a woman. The overwhelming majority of the gunmen were white.

Jackson Katz, an author, filmmaker, social theorist, and anti-sexist activist, whose work has focused on manhood and masculinity, is baffled: “The gender of the perpetrator is the single most important factor, and yet it’s not talked about in that way in most mainstream conversations.”

Call it mass murder, call it terrorism, this is something men do, so lets look at male culture. 

NorthReport
alan smithee alan smithee's picture

Well,this terrorist is finally going to lose his virginity.....in prison. A fitting fate for this misogynist terrorist loser.

NorthReport

I wonder how many of these Incel types are out there. 

NorthReport
voice of the damned

NorthReport wrote:

I wonder how many of these Incel types are out there. 

By "Incel types", do you mean people who happen to be involuntarily celibate, or people who build an identity/ideology around it?

alan smithee alan smithee's picture

What a cretinous asshole. His contempt for women makes me wonder that he too is sexually frustrated and jealous of those who may be engaging in sex acts he desires but is denied.

I'm glad this article showcases his contradictory tyrades. After reading this I'm not surprised if he's ever had sex and if he has it was never more than missionary vanilla sex.

What a loser.

NorthReport

See the urban dictionary definition above

NorthReport
bekayne

alan smithee wrote:

Well,this terrorist is finally going to lose his virginity.....in prison. A fitting fate for this misogynist terrorist loser.

Please, no joking about prison rape.

voice of the damned

NorthReport wrote:

See the urban dictionary definition above

If that's a reply to my question about what you meant by "Incel", the various defintions given at Urban Dictionary are inconsistent, ie. some of them say it's just someone who just isn't getting as much sex as he wants, others refer to the misogynistic social movement developed around that situation etc.

And then there's stuff like this...

"Involuntarily Celibate: a broadening term which has come to mean one whose behavior restricts his sexual prospects. Incels can be 'frustrated virgins,' yes, but incels are also married people who are 'pussy whipped' or otherwise behavior-restricted fearing repercussions in the form of sexual restriction."

I'm pretty sure "pussy whipped" isn't in anyone's feminist lexicon. Seriosuly, Urban Dictionary long ago devolved into a free-for-all insult forum, where people try to outdo each other for tasteless putdowns. In fact, if you read the entries for anything related to feminism and gender equality, they seem like they were written by the kind of people the term "Incel" is meant to describe.

On a semi-professional note, I tell my students that if they hear a piece of unfamiliar English slang, they can probably get a pretty good idea what it means from Urban Dictionary, but to approach with caution, because a lot of it is just yahoos pushing their own agenda, and some of the definitions, especially the sexual ones, seem to have been made up solely for posting on Urban Dictionary itself.  

NorthReport
Mr. Magoo Mr. Magoo's picture

If you thought you heard a whooshing sound yesterday, it was the sound of every Muslim in Toronto exhaling at the same time.

alan smithee alan smithee's picture

bekayne wrote:

alan smithee wrote:

Well,this terrorist is finally going to lose his virginity.....in prison. A fitting fate for this misogynist terrorist loser.

Please, no joking about prison rape.

Why would you assume 'rape' ...After a few years he'll be looking at his fellow cellmates in a sexual manner. This seems a common theme in prisons all over the world. And why would I give two fucks about what's awaiting him in prison,anyway?

He can be boiled in oil for all I care.

No jokes.

josh

alan smithee wrote:

bekayne wrote:

alan smithee wrote:

Well,this terrorist is finally going to lose his virginity.....in prison. A fitting fate for this misogynist terrorist loser.

Please, no joking about prison rape.

Why would you assume 'rape' ...After a few years he'll be looking at his fellow cellmates in a sexual manner. This seems a common theme in prisons all over the world. And why would I give two fucks about what's awaiting him in prison,anyway?

He can be boiled in oil for all I care.

No jokes.

Image result for anger management needed

 

6079_Smith_W

Not sure where your wishing torture, rape and death on him figures in that anger management plan. At least as it concerns your feelings.

 

NorthReport

I like the signs that have been erected at the memorial which state:

LOVE FOR ALL

HATRED FOR NONE

Pages