Multiple injuries reported after pedestrians struck by van in Toronto

237 posts / 0 new
Last post
pookie

6079_Smith_W wrote:

Well I might be wrong, but so far his reference to Elliot Rodger would seem to be the best indication of why he did this.

Men going on a murderous rampage because women won't have sex with them? That is at the core of misogyny, Alan. And male entitlement and rage.

(edit)

And caution noted. As I said, I might be wrong. But it is out there, and it has been reported on, so these are fair questions.

And even if that wasn't the specific motive, who does shit like this? Angry guys who feel it is okay to take their frustration out on other people, that's who. And there are a lot of voices shouting from the sidelines driving that entitlement.

 

 

Thx Smith.  As noted above, FB has now verified the post.

It seems to me that the misogyny inherent in this mindset should qualify as a "political belief or ideology" necessary to make out terrorism.  But I doubt the Crown will go there.

NorthReport

Toronto van attack: What is an 'incel'?

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-43881931

6079_Smith_W

@pookie

I agree. I expect the government isn't using that term because it isn't directed at the state and doesn't involve what one ordinarily thinks of as terrorist organizations. But what else do you call random violence based on ideology?

I know it is in some ways semantic, and "terrorism" is overused, but this is a case where it really is,  especially given the whole denial around misogyny in particular as terror.

alan smithee alan smithee's picture

josh wrote:

alan smithee wrote:

bekayne wrote:

alan smithee wrote:

Well,this terrorist is finally going to lose his virginity.....in prison. A fitting fate for this misogynist terrorist loser.

Please, no joking about prison rape.

Why would you assume 'rape' ...After a few years he'll be looking at his fellow cellmates in a sexual manner. This seems a common theme in prisons all over the world. And why would I give two fucks about what's awaiting him in prison,anyway?

He can be boiled in oil for all I care.

No jokes.

Image result for anger management needed

 

You go on thinking that you troublemaking shithead. Keep pushing my buttons if you want me to really get mad. On second thought you're not worth a fuck.

BTW,keep empathizing with this terrorist basatrd. You're the one who is in need of professional help,idiot.

alan smithee alan smithee's picture

6079_Smith_W wrote:

Not sure where your wishing torture, rape and death on him figures in that anger management plan. At least as it concerns your feelings.

 

Keep crying your eyes out for him. Can you say terrorist enabler? Repeat it 10 times and then go fuck yourself.

alan smithee alan smithee's picture

alan smithee wrote:

6079_Smith_W wrote:

Not sure where your wishing torture, rape and death on him figures in that anger management plan. At least as it concerns your feelings.

 

Keep crying your eyes out for him. Can you say terrorist enabler? Repeat it 10 times and then go fuck yourself.

Terrorist sympathizer. How do you sleep at night?

6079_Smith_W

I suppose another reason why they didn't use the term is because there is likely no worry of secondary attacks. Again, their definition is grounded in state security, not the actual use of terror.

alan smithee alan smithee's picture

6079_Smith_W wrote:

I suppose another reason why they didn't use the term is because there is likely no worry of secondary attacks. Again, their definition is grounded in state security, not the actual use of terror.

Am I being told that Trudeau did the right thing on babble? Let me mark the calendar.

6079_Smith_W

You know alan, I sleep better when I know people aren't suffering arbitrary torture in our prisons (because I know there are plenty who do).

Most immediately though, I am mystified at your wrath, not just because I am not sure what it is about, but also because you don't seem to see how much your dehumanizing of the alleged killer here is similar to the dehumanizing done by those who commit murderous acts like this.

Sorry, but this eye for an eye shit never has worked, and never will. It doesn't stop murder; and it is just part of the same barbaric cycle as those who kill in the first place.

 

 

alan smithee alan smithee's picture

6079_Smith_W wrote:

You know alan, I sleep better when I know people aren't suffering arbitrary torture in our prisons (because I know there are plenty who do).

Most immediately though, I am mystified at your wrath, not just because I am not sure what it is about, but also because you don't seem to see how much your dehumanizing of the alleged killer here is similar to the dehumanizing done by those who commit murderous acts like this.

Sorry, but this eye for an eye shit never has worked, and never will. It doesn't stop murder; and it is just part of the same barbaric cycle as those who kill in the first place.

 

 

Oh please .Smith.

I consider myself almost pathologically tolerant. But I draw the line at terrorism and mass murder. Call me crazy.

alan smithee alan smithee's picture

BTW,to get the scope of how heinous this crime is,the coroner says it's going to take days to identify the victims. Anyone still want to sympathize with the son of a bitch?

josh

alan smithee wrote:

josh wrote:

alan smithee wrote:

bekayne wrote:

alan smithee wrote:

Well,this terrorist is finally going to lose his virginity.....in prison. A fitting fate for this misogynist terrorist loser.

Please, no joking about prison rape.

Why would you assume 'rape' ...After a few years he'll be looking at his fellow cellmates in a sexual manner. This seems a common theme in prisons all over the world. And why would I give two fucks about what's awaiting him in prison,anyway?

He can be boiled in oil for all I care.

No jokes.

Image result for anger management needed

 

You go on thinking that you troublemaking shithead. Keep pushing my buttons if you want me to really get mad. On second thought you're not worth a fuck.

BTW,keep empathizing with this terrorist basatrd. You're the one who is in need of professional help,idiot.

https://boardofwisdom.com/togo/Quotes/ShowQuote?msgid=347521#.Wt-WxFopChA

 

 

alan smithee alan smithee's picture

josh wrote:

alan smithee wrote:

josh wrote:

alan smithee wrote:

bekayne wrote:

alan smithee wrote:

Well,this terrorist is finally going to lose his virginity.....in prison. A fitting fate for this misogynist terrorist loser.

Please, no joking about prison rape.

Why would you assume 'rape' ...After a few years he'll be looking at his fellow cellmates in a sexual manner. This seems a common theme in prisons all over the world. And why would I give two fucks about what's awaiting him in prison,anyway?

He can be boiled in oil for all I care.

No jokes.

Image result for anger management needed

 

You go on thinking that you troublemaking shithead. Keep pushing my buttons if you want me to really get mad. On second thought you're not worth a fuck.

BTW,keep empathizing with this terrorist basatrd. You're the one who is in need of professional help,idiot.

https://boardofwisdom.com/togo/Quotes/ShowQuote?msgid=347521#.Wt-WxFopChA

 

 

Oh blow it out your ass you arrogant self-aggrandizing pissant.

NorthReport

Everyone is out of step with Alan, oops I mean Johnny, eh!

Settle down bud!

We have had enough of your verbal abuse. 

alan smithee alan smithee's picture

NorthReport wrote:

Everyone is out of step with Alan, oops I mean Johnny, eh!

Settle down bud!

We have had enough of your verbal abuse. 

If you're talking about my feud with josh or my disagreement with Smith,maybe you should shut your pie hole and mind your own business.

NorthReport

Alan, I'm tired of your constant angry venting. Take a pill, go for some therapy, whatever it takes, but enough is enough!

alan smithee alan smithee's picture

NorthReport wrote:

Alan, I'm tired of your constant angry venting. Take a pill, go for some therapy, whatever it takes, but enough is enough!

Take a bite out of my ass,NR. Josh is being a dick and as for Smith,we're having a disagreement. As I said,shut up and mind your own god damned business.

NorthReport

The Latest: Police Officer Says Most Victims of Attack Women

A Toronto police official says that women make up most of the victims of the deadly van attack but it's not yet known if they were deliberately targeted.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2018-04-24/the-latest-no-national-security-threat-seen-in-van-case

bekayne

http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/2018/04/24/incels-hail-toronto-van-dri...

In an assortment of threads that popped up after the news media began to report on a supposed Facebook post from Minassian announcing that “the Incel Rebellion has … begun,” some of the Incels.me regulars are celebrating the killings and the alleged killer as “life fuel” for them and their nihilistic, misogynistic, misanthropic “movement.”

NorthReport

12 Ways to Spot a Misogynist

Men who hate women may not consciously realize it. But their actions reveal them

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-mysteries-love/201502/12-way...

NorthReport
NorthReport

How to spot an intellectual misogynist (and what to do with one)

They come in all shapes and sizes.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/feminism/2017/07/how-spot-intellec...

Mr. Magoo Mr. Magoo's picture

As I understand it, "incels" don't just hate women who have sex with men who aren't them (the "Stacys"), they also hate the men who aren't them who have sex with women (the "Chads") and sometimes both get rolled up into one (the "normies").  It might seem, at first glance, like textbook misogyny -- because it's women that these incels want to have sex with -- but really, it just looks like they resent anyone with a sex life.

alan smithee alan smithee's picture

Mr. Magoo wrote:

As I understand it, "incels" don't just hate women who have sex with men who aren't them (the "Stacys"), they also hate the men who aren't them who have sex with women (the "Chads") and sometimes both get rolled up into one (the "normies").  It might seem, at first glance, like textbook misogyny -- because it's women that these incels want to have sex with -- but really, it just looks like they resent anyone with a sex life.

Exactly. this shitbag was a loser who couldn't get laid and took it out on society. The crime is so heinous that the coroner said it will take days to identify the victims. And people here are implying we have empathy for the perpetrator? What planet do they live on?  And what colour is the sky there?

sanizadeh

alan smithee wrote:

Thanks for validating my opinion. He was a fucking loser who couldn't get laid and his sexual frustration inspired him to commit a terrorist attack.

He's a terrorist. The attack was terrorism. The end.

Stop talking like a rightwing nutjob. Or move to Breitbart if you want to talk nonesense.

This was a mass murder, not a terrorist attack.

Thoughts and prayers with the victims families. I have many friends who live in that area. Talked to a couple of them and they were quite shaken.

NorthReport

sanizadeth,

you are a breathe of fresh air

thid is a huge tragedy

sorry about your friends 

thanks for your comments

 

 

alan smithee alan smithee's picture

sanizadeh wrote:

alan smithee wrote:

Thanks for validating my opinion. He was a fucking loser who couldn't get laid and his sexual frustration inspired him to commit a terrorist attack.

He's a terrorist. The attack was terrorism. The end.

Stop talking like a rightwing nutjob. Or move to Breitbart if you want to talk nonesense.

This was a mass murder, not a terrorist attack.

Thoughts and prayers with the victims families. I have many friends who live in that area. Talked to a couple of them and they were quite shaken.

Keep coddling this TERRORIST sanzidouche. Your 'progressive' cred is gaining capital. You stupid idiot. I'm sure the victim's families thank you for your misguided empathy for this loser. I'm sure they appreciate your ever so 'progressive' compassion. Moron.

ter·ror·ism

ˈterəˌrizəm/

the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

This asshole was a 4Chan right wing ideologue maniac. Maybe you should open a dictionary and invest in a clue.

Misogyny was this cretin's ideology. It was his politics. He murdered 10 people over that ideology and sexual repression.

If he and the other incel gaming geeks had looked in the mirror and realized that maybe they weren't getting laid because he was a creep and way too right wing for any woman to stomach this whole attack may not have happened.

And your incessant apologist garbage is just going to empower other losers like him to do the same thing. Because they'll finally be 'understood' and accepted by fucking brain dead idiots like you. You're just as bad as this terrorist.

Mr. Magoo Mr. Magoo's picture

Quote:
I agree. I expect the government isn't using that term because it isn't directed at the state and doesn't involve what one ordinarily thinks of as terrorist organizations. But what else do you call random violence based on ideology?

For starters, if it's "based on ideology" I wouldn't call it random.

But certainly, post 9/11, lots and lots of things are called "terrorism", and some of them might actually be!

Remember James Huberty, who murdered about a score of people in San Ysidro, CA?  Long before 9/11.  He had some beefs with the world, but nobody called him a terrorist.  Terrorism back then meant someone pulling a gun and diverting the 747 to Cuba.  There's no doubt that Huberty was mad!  Mad enough to bite his own belly!  But at what, specifically, and how did shooting people improve the situation?  Or, warn others not to repeat the misakes of the victims?  Way back when, I remember reading that Huberty resented immigrants.  But shooting some Mexican-Americans seems like a futile warning to other Mexican-Americans to not be Mexican-American.

Personally, I think any bona fide instance of terrorism should allow us to easily complete this phrase:

"The terrorist did ________________ as a warning to us all that we must ______________ to prevent this from happening again."

Maybe the answers in this case are "a lethal van attack in Toronto" and "require all the 'Stacys' to sleep with creepy incel guys".

But the other thing about real terrorists is that they don't shut up.  Their whole plan, outside of killing people, is to not shut up.  No real terrorist is ever embarrassed to say why they did it.  So, buddy can certainly tell us why he did this.

NorthReport
alan smithee alan smithee's picture

Huberty was also a terrorist. He was angry with the world,he had beefs with society and in turn he massacred 14 people. But I'm sure idiotic babblers will find ways to coddle that asshole too.

He left his house in camouflage and a few guns including an AK-47 and a radio.His wife (who apparently was no genius) asked him where he was going. He replied 'To hunt humans'...'OK,Dear...'  After the police killed him,rumor has it there was a cassette of Heart Beat City by the Cars. I was never able to hear You Might Think without getting creeped out to this day.

cco

bekayne wrote:

alan smithee wrote:

Well,this terrorist is finally going to lose his virginity.....in prison. A fitting fate for this misogynist terrorist loser.

Please, no joking about prison rape.

While we're discussing the problems with toxic masculinity, maybe we can eventually work around to what part of the psyche celebrates rape and torture as "bonuses" of a sentence of incarceration, and sees their absence as "coddling".

Many of the people at Guantanamo Bay are, in fact, violent terrorists. Few on this board celebrate them being waterboarded. Humane treatment of prisoners, even the Picktons and Bernardos, isn't something that should be controversial on Babble.

Mr. Magoo Mr. Magoo's picture

Quote:
Huberty was also a terrorist. He was angry with the world,he had beefs with society and in turn he massacred 14 people.

21.

But I'm sure idiotic babblers will find ways to coddle that asshole too.

Of course.  He was misunderstood.

If babble were a road, you'd be road raging.

But terrorism is a means to an end.  It's not just an inchoate primal scream.  Being mad at the world doesn't make anyone a terrorist.