Andrea Horwath: Ontario Official Opposition Leader is on a Roll

100 posts / 0 new
Last post
NorthReport
Andrea Horwath: Ontario Official Opposition Leader is on a Roll

Wow - that was a remarkable evening, last nite for Andrea Horwath.

Andrea, the Steeltown scrapper, has taken the NDP from 10 seats, increasing the number of seats in each successive election, to 40 seats now, and Official Opposition status, one of only two political parties recognized in the Ontario Legislature.  

What does Andrea have to do now for Ontario voters, to seal the deal, and become Premier of Ontario in 2022?

 

Year / Seats / Seat-Cge /  Votes / Votes-Cge  

2007 / 10 seats / 16.8%

2009 Andrea wins Leadership

2011 / 17 seats  / Up  7 seats / 22.74% / Up 5.94%

2014 / 21 seats / Up 4 seats / 23.75% / Up 1.01%

2018 / 40 seats / Up 19 seats / 33.97% / Up 10.22%

 

josh

Some roll.

NorthReport

 

NDP sweeps all 8 downtown Toronto ridings in Ontario election

 

The New Democratic Party dealt the Ontario Liberal Party a major blow by sweeping all eight downtown Toronto ridings in the Ontario election on Thursday.

Toronto’s downtown seats, which have traditionally been Liberal strongholds, turned orange on a night when the Grits were decimated across Ontario and resulted in the resignation of Liberal leader Kathleen Wynne.

Toronto Centre, Toronto-St. Paul’s, University-Rosedale, Spadina-Fort York, Parkdale-High Park, Toronto-Danforth, Davenport and Beaches-East York all went to the NDP

https://globalnews.ca/news/4261587/ontario-election-ndp-downtown-toronto/

NorthReport

Great presser on now with Andrea!

voice of the damned

NDP sweeps all 8 downtown Toronto ridings in Ontario election

The Alberta NDP took 11 out of 17 ridings in Edmonton in 1986. It took another thirty years for that to qualify as a harbinger of anything spectacular for the Alberta NDP.

I think it's WAY to early to be either wildly optimistic or wildly pessimistic about the chances of the ONDP forming government next election. A LOT can happen between now and then.

JKR

It'll be interesting coming back to this thread in 4 years.

NorthReport

Ontario NDP organizers laud ‘historic’ moment as party forms Official Opposition

“This is not a replay of 2015,” she said. That was the federal election in which then-NDP leader Tom Mulcair launched his campaign with what looked like a clear shot of becoming prime minister. By election night, support had collapsed, and the party came in third. To NDP members, it’s still known as the night that sparked “an existential crisis,” Ms. Monk said.

This time around, Ms. Horwath and the Ontario NDP launched their campaign as clear underdogs, holding just 18 seats in the legislature. By Thursday night, they appeared poised to at least double their seat count – likely the most won by the party since the only time it formed government, under Bob Rae in 1990. The election results also hand the NDP the role of Official Opposition.

On a practical level, this will translate into heightened influence at Queen’s Park. The role of Official Opposition gives the NDP a much bigger platform in the legislature – seats on committees and, in some cases, the ability to chair committees.

PLAY VIDEO2:25

Ontario NDP leader Andrea Horwath told a large crowd of supporters that, in their role as opposition, her party will fight for "change for the better."

“They do have more of a leadership role,” said David Wills, a senior vice-president at Media Profile who was not involved with the Horwath campaign but has worked on past NDP campaigns. “And they set the tone and pace for holding the government to account.”

Changes made by the Ontario Liberal government last year also mean political parties now receive subsidies based on the amount of support they receive.

In the longer term, NDP members hope Thursday’s results – and the collapse in Liberal support – will represent a fundamental shift in the political landscape.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-ontario-ndp-pick-up-big-g...

NorthReport

So close but so far: Premier prize eludes NDP's Andrea Horwath in Ontario

 

Paul Beyda, also at the convention centre, said Horwath did really well, despite failing to win the big prize.

"She won all the debates and was everybody's favourite candidate, but in the end that wasn't enough," Beyda said. "(But) the tide is turning in more of a right-wing direction."

Still, Horwath would prove highly effective as Opposition leader, observers said.

"You may get an opposition more grounded in the lives of 'ordinary Ontarians' than in the outrages of upper middle-class Ontarians who won't feel the material effects of a Ford premiership," Peter Graefe, a McMaster University political science professor said on Thursday. "Her folksy populism, if sustained, could be a very effective counter to Ford once Ford has to make trade-offs."

https://www.cp24.com/news/so-close-but-so-far-premier-prize-eludes-ndp-s...

NorthReport

Quote:

Horwath added that Wynne's resignation as leader of the Ontario Liberals, announced late Thursday evening, was not a surprise. She had kind words for the outgoing premier, whom she credited for breaking "the glass ceiling" in Ontario.

“I do think it’s important to acknowledge that Ms. Wynne had a very long career in public life, and it’s something that, you know, people sacrifice a great deal to do that. I think it’s also important to say that she broke the glass ceiling, and girls and women around our province are I think very proud of the fact that we had the first female premier in Kathleen Wynne.”

Questioned by reporters about voters' decision to bring Ford's Conservatives into power, the MPP offered a bit of foreshadowing: “I respect that decision and I am grateful for the opportunity to lead the Official Opposition, and hold this government to account because Lord knows, they’re going to need to be held to account."

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2018/06/07/news/horwath-keeps-her-seat-...

SocialJustice101

Andrea Horwath did worse than Hillary Clinton, who actually won the popular vote by 2%.     Horwath lost the popular vote by a whooping 7%, which is much worse than all of the polls predicted.

NorthReport
bekayne

NorthReport wrote:

Ontario NDP organizers laud ‘historic’ moment as party forms Official Opposition

“This is not a replay of 2015,” she said. That was the federal election in which then-NDP leader Tom Mulcair launched his campaign with what looked like a clear shot of becoming prime minister. By election night, support had collapsed, and the party came in third. To NDP members, it’s still known as the night that sparked “an existential crisis,” Ms. Monk said.

This time around, Ms. Horwath and the Ontario NDP launched their campaign as clear underdogs, holding just 18 seats in the legislature. By Thursday night, they appeared poised to at least double their seat count – likely the most won by the party since the only time it formed government, under Bob Rae in 1990. The election results also hand the NDP the role of Official Opposition.

On a practical level, this will translate into heightened influence at Queen’s Park. The role of Official Opposition gives the NDP a much bigger platform in the legislature – seats on committees and, in some cases, the ability to chair committees.

PLAY VIDEO2:25

Ontario NDP leader Andrea Horwath told a large crowd of supporters that, in their role as opposition, her party will fight for "change for the better."

“They do have more of a leadership role,” said David Wills, a senior vice-president at Media Profile who was not involved with the Horwath campaign but has worked on past NDP campaigns. “And they set the tone and pace for holding the government to account.”

Changes made by the Ontario Liberal government last year also mean political parties now receive subsidies based on the amount of support they receive.

In the longer term, NDP members hope Thursday’s results – and the collapse in Liberal support – will represent a fundamental shift in the political landscape.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-ontario-ndp-pick-up-big-g...

"This is not a replay of 2015". We won't know that until 2022, will we?

SocialJustice101

“This is not a replay of 2015,” she said.  

She's right, this is a replay of 2011.  

Sean in Ottawa

SocialJustice101 wrote:

Andrea Horwath did worse than Hillary Clinton, who actually won the popular vote by 2%.     Horwath lost the popular vote by a whooping 7%, which is much worse than all of the polls predicted.

What a joke as a comparison. So let's compare a foreign country, different system and the results of a leader who came from third to a close second with one who started the campaign as the favorite in a mostly two party system and lost. Shall we?

Do you really think that in a head to head battle with Ford and only the Greens and another right wing party Horwath would have done worse than Clinton? Seriously?

How about if it was a Presidential election (which we do not have in Ontario) do you really think with any certainty that Ford would have beaten Horwath if it had been not a series of local names, parties and races but just the leaders' names on the ballot? The NDP as the third party limited Horwath not her name and person. If the legislature and the premier were on different ballots we would have Horwath as Premier leading a majority Conservative party legislature. If that sounds absurd,  it is no more so than your silly comparison.

Sean in Ottawa

SocialJustice101 wrote:

“This is not a replay of 2015,” she said.  

She's right, this is a replay of 2011.  

Another silly comparison. Let's consider it though just to show how ridiculous it is:

1) So we should start by comparing the the Harper Conservatives to the Wynne Liberals. Sure why not we are in la la land.

2) Then let's compare the BQ to -- oh well whatever. Let's pretend that the NDP boost did not happen against a third party with a seperatist agenda in only one part of the region. Sure-- continuing our tour of la la land.

3)  Moving on, let's compare Ignatieff, who never won an election with Wynne who was seated as government. Sure why not?

4) Let's compare the policy debacles of Wynne with those of Ignatieff -- oh crap see point 3. But what the heck, in this alternate reality Ignatieff was in his second election and was unpopular -- right?

Sure it is a repeat so long as you live in an alternate universe or only consider that the NDP is to blame for doing well and the NDP is to blame for the Liberals sucking and that the NDP is to blame for the Conservatives running a crooked campaign that did not believe in accountability. Yeah, that. Bull shite.

Misfit Misfit's picture

Sillier too when  you factor in that the United States has basically two parties to choose from. Ontario had three parties  divvying up the vote. 

 Gee,  if Doug Ford is so great why did he only get 40% of the popular vote and Hillary Clinton got 52%?

Sean in Ottawa

Misfit wrote:

Sillier too when  you factor in that the United States has basically two parties to choose from. Ontario had three parties  divvying up the vote. 

 Gwe,  if Doug Ford is so great why did he only get 40% of the popular vote and Hillary Clinton got 52%?

Yes, but I think I mentionned Horwath came from third and Clinton from first in a 2-party system. A truly absurd comparison but an indication of where Liberals will try to go with this in order to create the narrative as to why people should vote for the third part to avoid splitting the vote with the second party. You know that is coming in the next election.

Misfit Misfit's picture

Sean, just ignore SJ101. He has been acting like a Tokyo Rose this whole election campaign. He's a Liberal shill and nothing more.

SocialJustice101

A "Liberal shill" who critisized the OLP for running attack ads against the NDP??  A "Liberal shill" who voted for the ONDP and discourages anyone from voting for the OLP in this election.      I'm a progressive voter first and foremost.   Parties don't matter that much.    I'm just dissappointed that the NDP turned out to be a failed experiment for Ontario's progressive voters.

Sean in Ottawa

SocialJustice101 wrote:

A "Liberal shill" who critisized the OLP for running attack ads against the NDP??  A "Liberal shill" who voted for the ONDP and discourages anyone from voting for the OLP in this election.      I'm a progressive voter first and foremost.   Parties don't matter that much.    I'm just dissappointed that the NDP turned out to be a failed experiment for Ontario's progressive voters.

Yeah maybe more of a fairweather friend with goofy political analysis.

The NDP did not "fail" by going from under 20% to nearly 35% with the least resources. Your test is clearly the real failure here. And sorry, but that is what is making you suspect. I am not suspecting you of being a shill, your posts just now are far too silly to be a thought out strategy.

Misfit Misfit's picture

What I think is also really funny is that back in the day there was an annoying Liberal troll named Terry Towell who was obsessed with the former mayor of Mississauga, Hazel McCallion.

There  was another Liberal Troll on this board, Mighty Middle, who also adored Hazel McCallion.

and then I watched Doug Ford's victory speech and he gave special mention and thanks to none other than Hazel McCallion who was sitting in the front row of the Progressive Conservative  victory celebrations.

Hazel Mccallion is a Liberal who  endorsed the Conservative party because the Conservatives are very similar to the Liberals.

SocialJustice101

Sean in Ottawa, if you have to use insults, you're not really that confident in your own arguments.    The ONDP had the opportunity of a life time, with 2 extremely unpopular opponents.   If they couldn't pull off a win now against wacky Doug Ford who had no platform, why should progressive voters rely on them in the future, provincially or federally.

Sean in Ottawa

SocialJustice101 wrote:

Sean in Ottawa, if you have to use insults, you're not really that confident in your own arguments.    The ONDP had the opportunity of a life time, with 2 extremely unpopular opponents.   If they couldn't pull of a win now against wacky Doug Ford who had no platform, why should progressive voters rely on them in the future, provincially or federally.

I did not say of a lifetime. I said easier than the next one. I am confident. I am just not so wacky overboard that I cannot see both sides of an issue.

And let's be clear I am insulting a post that can only deserve insult. I know nothing about you. I am not calling you a shill as I am taking the silliness of your last couple posts at face value.

Progressive voters have a problem -- the NDP is difficult to elect, the Liberals are dishonest and usually sell something different from what they provide and the Conservatives are agaisnt them.

I do support PR which would fix the problem of wacky results. I also support consistet support by progressives of progressive parties rather than the red one that only sounds progressive when it is desperate and says it was only joking once elected.

NorthReport

Misfit,

You are commenting on something that is one the biggest problem for these discussion boards. How many times now have we had posters come here under an alias and say they support or used to support the NDP and then bash away on the NDP every chance they get. Recently a good example was that Goodbye NDP thread. Some of them come here, bash the NDP until they get tossed, and then return under another alias. Lens Solution, there have been other aliases for this person, I forget the rest, was another example of someone saying they were supportive of the NDP and then every single word that comes out of their mouths was an attack on the NDP. Lens S is still posting here, but after beeen called out so often for his BS, has at least stopped pretending that he is a NDP supporter. He now posts here under the alias which starts with a D. For some reason it seems that it is always the Liberals that are trying to deceive. Go figure!

SocialJustice101

Sean in Ottawa.  You are repeating insults again, very classy.   If you think my posts are silly, you don't have to respond to them. 

NorthReport

SJ101,

You are only kidding yourself!

Sean in Ottawa

SocialJustice101 wrote:

Sean in Ottawa.  You are repeating insults again, very classy.   If you think my posts are silly, you don't have to respond to them. 

This is the usual bullshit produced by people who post stupid things in public and then when they get the feedback they dislike say others don't have to respond. Get this: I have every right to respond. also I have every right to take a harsh take on stupid posts.

I will draw the line as much as possible on trying to speculate on the poster or motive. Instead I will react according to the post as it is on its face.

I realize there are people here who are incapable of havng their posts be considered seperate from their persons. But they are. That is the point of a public post.

You as a person are protected here from my insulting you as a person. Your posts are open season. That is a good thing as that is all about free flow of ideas and that includes negative ones about other ideas.

So I have a right to do this. So deal.

SocialJustice101

Sean in Ottawa, telling someone "You just don't get it" or your "arguments are silly" is not constructive, nor it is civil debate.     Perhaps Ford Nation is rubbing off on you.

Misfit Misfit's picture

 Why did the Americans vote for Donald Trump when he is pretty much the same thing as Doug Ford?

Hillary Clinton was a seasoned politician. She was a US senator who was elected twice. She was the US Secretary of State for one term under Barack Obama. She was a lawyer and she can speak extemporaneously on any subject. She was a gifted debater and ran a better election than her opponent. And the American people chose an ignoramus instead.

Ontario is no better.

Sean in Ottawa

NorthReport wrote:

Misfit,

You are commenting on something that is one the biggest problem for these discussion boards. How many times now have we had posters come here under an alias and say they support or used to support the NDP and then bash away on the NDP every chance they get. Recently a good example was that Goodbye NDP thread. Some of them come here, bash the NDP until they get tossed, and then return under another alias. Lens Solution, there have been other aliases for this person, I forget the rest, was another example of someone saying they were supportive of the NDP and then every single word that comes out of their mouths was an attack on the NDP. Lens S is still posting here, but after beeen called out so often for his BS, has at least stopped pretending that he is a NDP supporter. He now posts here under the alias which starts with a d. For some reason it seems that it is always the Liberals that are trying to deceive. Go figure!

This is why I take a different tack than many here. I rarely call out a troll and it takes a long time for me to do that and even then I point out why they look like they are trolling.

I am harsh on ideas I disagree with but take them at face value.

I do not like conspiracies much. I also think that in a way it does not matter if someone has a bad motive unless they are consistently dishonest and only trying to disrupt. Ideas here should be able to withstand such types of posters.

This is why I usually do not get into the who is what or that stuff but instead engage in the post and idea. and that is what we are here for.

I also know that there have been some accused of identity dishonest and various nefarious agendas when that has not been true. I still think the best thing is to respond to the posts and that people accept that the clash of ideas is not always pretty but it is healthy. I will certainly be hard on the people who whine about having outragious ideas attacked as it they are parts of their person. That is what is happening here.

If you post something here - you ought to expect scrutiny and criticism and should defend it rather than whine - otherwise write it in your diary.

SocialJustice101

Sean in Ottawa, if you're the only poster on this board to insult someone's arguments, maybe this should give you pause.   You're using tactics of the right.

Sean in Ottawa

SocialJustice101 wrote:

Sean in Ottawa, telling someone "You just don't get it" or your "arguments are silly" is not constructive, nor it is civil debate.     Perhaps Ford Nation is rubbing off on you.

Both are clearly responses to posts you put here for response. Tough they are not   the ones you want.

Please stop confusion your person with your posts. Most here will respond to the latter and don't give a shit about the former. That is why they are here.

I am absolutely sick and tired of people coming here preparing badly thought out illogical posts and seeking some kind of personal privelege to avoid having those posts criticized harshly.

Here you get judged by the quality and logic of what you write -- as you should. When that crosses into something personal then that is another matter .Normally people here share so little about themselves that this is not likely.

If you do go personal, you better make sure that the other person clearly went there first and did not just attack something you said.

Get this -- your words are only yours to protect when they are still in your mouth.

Sean in Ottawa

SocialJustice101 wrote:

Sean in Ottawa, if you're the only poster on this board to insult someone's arguments, maybe this should give you pause.   You're using tactics of the right.

Ahhhhh Nope. But if you cannot tell the difference tough luck for you. And look around we get sparks of disagreement about ideas very often between people. You clearly overly react to your ideas being called out. And it is ridiculous of you to suggest I am the only person to do this as  am not the only one to call you out.

Like it or not -- there is no requirement to be nice to every post -- just not to attack personally. You are allowed to attack a post that you think deserves it. If that were not the case this would be boring -- and empty.

Now why don't you accept some criticism or address the substance of the criticisms? Whining that criticisms exist, or asking people who disagree to stop responding, only makes your posts more deserving of derision.

SocialJustice101

Sean in Ottawa, just ask yourself why you feel that your veiled insults / rudeness are necessary.  Is your argument not strong enough without the insult?   Perhaps you should be more detailed in addressing the content instead.

NorthReport

Disgusting comment.

SocialJustice101 wrote:

Sean in Ottawa, telling someone "You just don't get it" or your "arguments are silly" is not constructive, nor it is civil debate.     Perhaps Ford Nation is rubbing off on you.

Sean in Ottawa

SocialJustice101 wrote:

Sean in Ottawa, just ask yourself why you feel that your veiled insults / rudeness are necessary.  Is your argument not strong enough without the insult?   Perhaps you should be more detailed in addressing the content instead.

I was very detailed. And you were very clear about avoiding engagement with the content of my criticism. I even numbered one of them for you. My criticism had as much content as sarcasm.

When you answer in this way -- insulting you is like shooting fish in a barrel. Seriously, take more time before you write, do your own criticism and edits and you will not get insulted as often.

Here is a little insight if you want to avoid my insults: I consider what I write and put effort into posts. I often do a little research and provide details. This means I dislike intensely lazy posts that are patnetly silly and have no back-up or logic. I think people thinking things through rather than just burping up garbage makes this a more interesting place. I tend to answer rudely to people who post in a half assed way without reading or responding to what has been said, while ignoring facts, and being illogical. I do not make this personal either -- I have responded harshly to many people I have also praised here. One example would be North Report -- we are at times hard on each other but also able to acknowledge what we agree. I think this makes the result more interesting. Neither one of us whines when the other disagrees harshly.

So if you want me to not attack your posts. Think a little before you post and edit out what is ridiculous. And this will work on other people as well.

People who actually put time into thoughtful posts tend to be less nice to stuff posted here with all the thought of a bird dropping.

ETA: My insults are never veiled. If I am going to insult a stupid post I think I am pretty clear. It is you who are imagining them to be about your person rather than your product. It seems that is the tactic of the weakest posters here to confuse an attack on a silly post with something being said about themselves. Perhaps that is really just a lame attempt to avoid deserved feedback on what they have said by seeking privelege.

Restaurant reviews, even harsh ones, are often informative. If you post here think of it like a meal you made: it is open to praise, agreement, disagreement and ridicule. These are all ways of communicating effectively and soemtimes with humour. The strength of the sarcasm is also a part of the point and message. This is why freedom of speech can be such a great thing. We cannot make people say nice things about what we say. We just set ground rules so people cannot attack our persons about personal attributes.

josh

Misfit wrote:

 Why did the Americans vote for Donald Trump when he is pretty much the same thing as Doug Ford?

Hillary Clinton was a seasoned politician. She was a US senator who was elected twice. She was the US Secretary of State for one term under Barack Obama. She was a lawyer and she can speak extemporaneously on any subject. She was a gifted debater and ran a better election than her opponent. And the American people chose an ignoramus instead.

Ontario is no better.

Ford is not the racist Trump is.  The people didn’t vote for Trump.  Clinton got more votes.  And she was a terrible candidate who ran a terrible campaign.

WWWTT

Misfit wrote:

What I think is also really funny is that back in the day there was an annoying Liberal troll named Terry Towell who was obsessed with the former mayor of Mississauga, Hazel McCallion.

There  was another Liberal Troll on this board, Mighty Middle, who also adored Hazel McCallion.

and then I watched Doug Ford's victory speech and he gave special mention and thanks to none other than Hazel McCallion who was sitting in the front row of the Progressive Conservative  victory celebrations.

Hazel Mccallion is a Liberal who  endorsed the Conservative party because the Conservatives are very similar to the Liberals.

Oh god please don’t mention the former mayor of Mississauga name again!PLEASE!

Shes a fuckin horrible horrible person!

 

robbie_dee

NorthReport wrote:

Ontario NDP organizers laud ‘historic’ moment as party forms Official Opposition

“This is not a replay of 2015,” she said.

i agree with that. How does the NDP avoid this being a replay of 2011 though, where the NDP makes remarkable gains to finish in second place, spends the next four years doing a bang up job in Official Opposition against a horrendous majority Conservative government, then ends up getting bypassed for the Liberals when the voters decide to throw the other bums out again?

NorthReport
Mr. Magoo Mr. Magoo's picture

Quote:
more-than-280000-ontario-students-hand-ndp-a-majority-in-mock-election.html

What are they mocking?

Martin N.

The NDP: Snatching defeat from the jaws of Victory since, well, forever. Except for Tommy and Jack, they are irrelevant because they prefer ideology to reality.

Sean in Ottawa

More Liberal whining about the existence of the NDP.

NorthReport

Progressive Ontarians rejected cynical politics and it must not come back

 

As the campaign progressed, Wynne upped the negative attacks on the NDP, which became far more shrill and numerous than those on the Ford Conservatives – though every seat projection  showed Ford heading for a majority win. For purely partisan benefit, the Liberal focus was to stop the only party capable of stopping Doug Ford.

Then came the final Liberal strategic play. Liberal candidates running third put out leaflets calling themselves the strategic vote choice. Wynne’s concession was as an emotional wrapping to cover an illogical plea to vote Liberal to get a minority. And in the last days, instead of voters moving to the NDP to block a Ford majority, it seems votes flowed the other way.

In at least 10 ridings, the Ford PCs beat the NDP with a narrow margin while third-place Liberals received more than three times what was needed for the New Democrat to win. Six races were decided by two per cent or less.

Horwath did get a large official opposition of 40 MPPs. But it could have been 50—with the PCs holding just a three seat majority. But that wasn’t Wynne’s priority.

Trust is the bond of politics. Wynne lost it. The moral lesson is that Horwath and her new, bigger caucus need to work for it everyday.

http://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/parkin-progressive-ontarians-re...

NorthReport

A subject dear to the heart of the NDP, it's always the rich against the poor and the constantly growing inequality gap, and the one percenters are winning every step of the way.  

Canada’s middle class is disappearing, says author

http://www.kelownadailycourier.ca/news/local_news/article_2071bff4-c4d0-...

NorthReport

The NDP provincially and federally would do well to get our governments back, big time, into the co-op housing market.  At one time Canada had a massive co-op housing program. But our right-wing Conservative and Liberal governments have crashed these housing programs, capitulated on government involvement in the housing sector, turned it over to the private sector, with the resultant screw the consumer, particularly the poorer ones.

Millennial housing crisis? Turns out, it's real and worse than you thought

With housing prices up by thousands of dollars and wages down buying a house is next to impossible for the 25 to 34 set

http://business.financialpost.com/real-estate/millennial-housing-crisis-...

NorthReport

The NDP need to put together programs designed specifically for the older generations.

Pretty impressive generational or age split in vote

https://twitter.com/Colettod/status/1005523288481820672 

SocialJustice101

Sean in Ottawa wrote:

More Liberal whining about the existence of the NDP.

Isn't Martin N. an admitted conservative?

NorthReport

Is there a difference? Seriously!

JKR

One difference is that the OLP raised the minimum wage to $14 and were going to raise it to $15 but the PC's are now going to maintain the minimum wage at $14 for probably as long as they are in power. The PC's may even reduce the minimum wage for particular groups.

NorthReport

Do you think the Liberals increase in people’s hydro bills will cover the difference in the minimum wage?

Pages