Major right wing hater is starting threads on the site today

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ken Burch Ken Burch's picture
Major right wing hater is starting threads on the site today

What the hell do we do?

I've alerted, but he's still here.

 

voice of the damned

Ken Burch wrote:

What the hell do we do?

I've alerted, but he's still here.

 

Well, not much we can do until the mods get your notice. If you think he's a major problem, maybe the best bet is to just put an embargo on his posts, don't reply to anything he writes, and hope he gets tired of talking to the wall.

Personally, though, I think it's better to throw a few barbs his way, just to make the board's general viewpoint clear, pending mod action.

kropotkin1951 kropotkin1951's picture

I thought he was this afternoons entertainment prior to watching a tennis match.

Ken Burch Ken Burch's picture

That makes sense, actually.

kropotkin1951 kropotkin1951's picture

She the North!!

Ken Burch Ken Burch's picture

Uh...what?

kropotkin1951 kropotkin1951's picture

Sorry that was a tennis joke. The US Open is on and I am only here during commercials.

kropotkin1951 kropotkin1951's picture

152nd in the world at the start of the season. She just won the US Open, first Canadian woman ever.

Ken Burch Ken Burch's picture

Good for her.

Hey...that's a tactic...we can post the "running scores" from the U.S. Open in the guy's threads.

Paladin1

Ken Burch wrote:

What the hell do we do?

I've alerted, but he's still here.

 

1. Ignore him.

2. Engage him.

Ken Burch Ken Burch's picture

Thankfully, he has been erased.  The way he posted at us would be the way a fascist might show up on the site and start badgering us if his group were on the verge of seizing power.  He was just short of the part where they announce the site is shut down and post an image of Trump and Bernier pointing guns at the camera in its place.

 

Unionist

Ken Burch wrote:

Thankfully, he has been erased.  The way he posted at us would be the way a fascist might show up on the site and start badgering us if his group were on the verge of seizing power.  He was just short of the part where they announce the site is shut down and post an image of Trump and Bernier pointing guns at the camera in its place.

That pretty much sums up my feeling about his posts.

Thanks, Meg!

MegB

Unionist wrote:

Ken Burch wrote:

Thankfully, he has been erased.  The way he posted at us would be the way a fascist might show up on the site and start badgering us if his group were on the verge of seizing power.  He was just short of the part where they announce the site is shut down and post an image of Trump and Bernier pointing guns at the camera in its place.

That pretty much sums up my feeling about his posts.

Thanks, Meg!

It was one of the weekend editors who erased his presence. We'll have to be vigilant now that right-wing hate groups are using progressive language to gain access then spreading their garbage on here. A while back I asked that when people applied to join rabble that the form field for why they wanted to join had to be mandatory. I needed more information to go by to keep the spammers out. Of course people can lie on forms, and a lot of the crap is obvious, but this is somewhat new and much worse than the Free Dominion trolls we used to deal with years ago. It'll require an extra layer of vigilance.

Ken Burch Ken Burch's picture

Indeed.  And simply ignoring these slimelords won't stop them.

If he'd been ignored, he'd likely have started twenty threads, not just the five that he did.

lagatta4

Meg, I sent a letter to the rabble editors on the need to include climate crisis denial or something similar in the FORBIDDEN list (racism, sexism, homophobia, anti-working-class struggles etc etc) in order to get them kicked off rabble and babble. There is a tag team under Brett Patterson's article. While we have always been aware of environmental issues here from the time of the counter-summit in Québec City, it had not yet taken its current form in general consciousness or a key activist issue. We tended to fight specific cases of pollution and environmental destruction back then.

Perhaps a member from the scientific community, such as the Suzuki family?

The issue here is wilful denial, often disguised as tech fixes. Obviously we need science and technics, but not to shore up the current disaster.

alan smithee alan smithee's picture

 

I'm not sure what you mean, Ken. If it someone ripping the Right, I say make as many threads as you like. But if it is a right wing provocateur, ignore them. They will just enrage people. That's the point of a troll.

 

NDPP

Never wise to forcibly silence those who disagree even if they're wrong. Nor do I see any 'major right wing haters'.

The Global Climate Strike is Just the Beginning

https://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/brent-patterson/2019/09/global-climate-...

Comments and discussion are below Brent's excellent article.

Unionist

NDPP wrote:

Never wise to forcibly silence those who disagree even if they're wrong.

If they're trolls deliberately spamming the site with provocations, sometimes it's necessary. Otherwise, I agree with you.

Quote:

Nor do I see any 'major right wing haters'.

A weekend rabble editor erased the threads in question and banned them, on or around Sept. 8 (see upthread). That's why you don't see them.

 

alan smithee alan smithee's picture

NDPP wrote:

Never wise to forcibly silence those who disagree even if they're wrong. Nor do I see any 'major right wing haters'.

The Global Climate Strike is Just the Beginning

https://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/brent-patterson/2019/09/global-climate-...

Comments and discussion are below Brent's excellent article.


Right wing haters? Seems we never met

Paladin1

Right wing haters who hate right wing haters.