Subscriptions to rabble content: do you use them?
Hey folks, rabble's webmaster has asked for some information from users of the site (i.e. you) to use in an upcoming minor upgrade. It has to do with the "subscription" feature of the site that I personally have never used, but perhaps you do. So, anyone who feels like volunteering the time (even if you have never used subscriptions), please fill out the following short questionnaire.
Please take a moment to give us feedback on the 'Subscriptions' section of the rabble.ca site. We are evaluating whether to upgrade this feature or to remove it. 'Subscriptions' is a feature of the site that allows you to subscribe to content types, tags, comments, etc. and be notified when there are updates or new content. You can access this in a number of areas:
(Not to be mistaken for the rabble.ca email updates that many are subscribed to :-)
* http://rabble.ca/subscriptions ; shows your current subscriptions.
* editing your profile gives you different options for notifications (depending on user privileges)
* below comments you can request to be notified on new comments
* when creating content you can asked to be notified.
1) Have you made use of the subscriptions feature on the site?
a) yes, all the time
b) once in a while
c) only to turn them off
d) i would have if I knew it existed
e) not important to me at all
2) If the system was revamped. Would you most like to be notified of subscriptions by: (check all that apply)
a) to have notifications sent to my email
b) to have notifications sent to my rabble.ca system account
c) track subscriptions on the 'my subscriptions' page.
d) I don't want this
3) What content would you like to receive notifications on?
a) individual blogs
b) specific category/tags of your choice
c) comments on items you create
d) discussions you participate in
e) new written content on the site (features, columns, podcasts,
Thanks for your input.