"EDUCATION, LIBERATION, ACTION!" Forum on Equity and Education Presented by University of Toronto Transitional Year Programme Students and Alumni
Over the last forty-three years, the Transitional Year Programme (TYP) has offered applicants a full-time access program uniquely geared towards historically underrepresented experiences, while also offering students with a chance to gain entry into the University of Toronto Undergraduate Faculty of Arts and Science. In an age of austerity and cutbacks to similar programming, TYP has remained steadfast in the delivery of an academic bridging program rooted in a pro-equity and anti-oppressive worldview.
THE UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO EQUITY STUDIES STUDENT UNION PRESENTS
DECOLONIZING OUR MINDS 2013: PRACTICING DECOLONIAL LOVE
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE
The Institute for Global Citizenship and Equity at Centennial College invites you to attend a unique conference. This event will be addressing how as global citizens we can get involved locally, nationally and internationally to dialogue and exchange ideas on global issues.
Many dynamic speakers will be taking part including:
- Justice Murray Sinclair, Chair of the TRC - Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada
- Dr. Sherene Razack, Professor, Sociology and Equity Studies in Education, Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto
- Dr. Henry Giroux, Global Television Network, Chair in Communication Studies, McMaster University
FREE Event. SNACKS provided. ACCESSIBLE space.
Come to an afternoon of advocacy, education and network, hosted by the Health and Racism Working Group and the Employment Equity Advocates in Peel. This forum will:
- allow for dialogue on employment equity that reflects your reality
- bring awareness about employment equity issues
- lobby and advocate for employment equity policies in Mississauga
The forum will feature creative and participatory activities as well as engaging presentations!
RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org