babble-intro-img
babble is rabble.ca's discussion board but it's much more than that: it's an online community for folks who just won't shut up. It's a place to tell each other — and the world — what's up with our work and campaigns.

H1N1 Advisors received kickbacks from H1N1 vaccine manufacturers

77 replies [Last post]

Comments

Sineed
Offline
Joined: Dec 4 2005

What innuendo?  As Catchfire pointed out, whale.to has Holocaust denial pages.  The polite thing to do is to delete those links.

Whale.to is one of many sites containing both Holocaust denial and bad science.  What these would have in common is the ability to ignore reality despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.


Tigana
Offline
Joined: Oct 23 2008

Sineed, didn't you once say that it was people like me who were responsible for spreading AIDS?

Whale.to contains information many things - also info re Chronic Fatigue Syndrome by a very great Canadian - a recipient of the Burma Star, Donald Scott. 

Edited to add link for Donald Scott

http://www.whale.to/v/scott.html

Re stats of smallpox deaths - it seems the difference in mortality between the vaccinated and unvaccinated a mere 4%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smallpox

Smallpox has not been eradicated. It is now militarized

http://www.smallpox.army.mil/

 

 

Edited to add: Sineed -  I am sure I have stored that passage/link... we were talking about the replacement of methadone with Vitamin C. I'll see if I can dial it up for you, Catchfire.

 

 


Sineed
Offline
Joined: Dec 4 2005

Tigana wrote:

Sineed, didn't you once say that it was people like me who were responsible for spreading AIDS?

 

Silly troll.


Catchfire
Offline
Joined: Apr 16 2003

Hi Tigana. These two posts:

Quote:
Catchfire, I have not noticed that you or other pharma supporters

and

Quote:
Sineed, didn't you once say that it was people like me who were responsible for spreading AIDS?

are personal attacks. Consider this post, and my post at #58 to be warnings against spamming, oppressive language (and links) and personal attacks. If you don't dial it back, you'll be suspended.

P.S. I can't speak Yiddish. :(


Tigana
Offline
Joined: Oct 23 2008

"AIDS denialist"... that was one of them. Post #158. 

http://www.rabble.ca/babble/body-and-soul/canadian-h1n1-vaccine-will-hav...

 


Trevormkidd
Offline
Joined: Jun 8 2006

Tigana wrote:
Re stats of smallpox deaths - it seems the difference in mortality between the vaccinated and unvaccinated a mere 4%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smallpox

 

From your own link: 

 

Studies of smallpox cases in Europe in the 1950s and 1960s demonstrated that the fatality rate among persons vaccinated less than 10 years before exposure was 1.3%; it was 7% among those vaccinated 11 to 20 years prior, and 11% among those vaccinated 20 or more years prior to infection. By contrast, 52% of unvaccinated persons died.

 

If this isn't a new low for disinformation being spead on this forum that I shudder to imagine what tops it.

 

Might want to check out the complication rate for those who survived the disease too.


Tigana
Offline
Joined: Oct 23 2008

Trevormkidd wrote:

Tigana wrote:
Re stats of smallpox deaths - it seems the difference in mortality between the vaccinated and unvaccinated a mere 4%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smallpox

It seems... thanks for checking this out, Trevor. How are things at Blue Like You or wherever it was?


Trevormkidd
Offline
Joined: Jun 8 2006

Tigana wrote:
It seems... thanks for checking this out, Trevor. How are things at Blue Like You or wherever it was?

I have no interest in engaging in small talk with you.  Just responding to 1% of the dangerous things you say, holocaust denial sites you link too, and pseudo-science that you preach is beyond enough interaction thank you very much.  And maybe instead of thanking someone else for checking it out, you could, you know, actually check out what a site you are referencing says instead of just making it up and posting it.


jrootham
Offline
Joined: Jun 14 2001

The definitive statement.


Tigana
Offline
Joined: Oct 23 2008

Sineed wrote:

"Because I work in methadone maintenance, addictions caused by the medical system are my bread-and-butter.  And I feel that medically-caused addictions are symbolic of larger problems in the medical system, in problems of communication with patients, and doctors' failure to reconcile patients' demands with evidence-based medicine."

http://www.rabble.ca/comment/1028257/Tigana-wrote-Sineed

 

Trevor on Suzanne Somers 

http://www.rabble.ca/comment/1024780/ennir-wrote%C2%A0I-know-she-had

"People can take what ever kind of treatment they want. However, it is very unethical to claim that alternative therapies treated a medical condition when, in fact that person received the recommended conventional therapies. I am not saying that Somers makes such claims - she has been open about her experience. However, conventional medicine haters continually promote her as an example of someone who refused conventional treatment and was cured by alternative means. Listening to such bogus claims may lead to people making life threatening medical decisions based on partial, faulty, or fraudulent information."

We had a long thread about Somers with lively participation by Trevor

 

http://www.rabble.ca/babble/humanities-science/shame-suzanne-somers

 

and we saw he has time for small talk here - first link deleted,  but see comment #18 about Babble 

archived below

 

http://www.bluelikeyou.com/2008/06/10/smog-the-forgotten-child-of-the-mcguinty-government/


http://web.archive.org/web/20080615171551/http://www.bluelikeyou.com/2008/06/10/smog-the-forgotten-child-of-the-mcguinty-government/

 



Somers is doing fine, Trevor. Michael Douglas, not so much.

http://www.naturalnews.com/030274_Suzanne_Somers_Michael_Douglas.html

Those who make their bread and butter in an industry that supports the Pharma version of "science"  may have a certain bias... 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_of_interest

Kickbacks is the theme if this thread. Pharma does commerce better than it does science - or compliance - or ethics.

http://hcrenewal.blogspot.com/2010/10/glaxosmithkline-subsidiary-pleads....

How does Pharma mislead and miseducate medical professionals? Check out what Gwen Olsen and Kathleen Slattery-Moschkau say - they were top Pharma reps. 

http://web.me.com/pommefrites/fhctest/Pharma-Manipulation.html

Sineed, you mentioned a flying pig? It's time for new versions - with pills and syringes instead of surveillance cameras...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tiganatoo/3530990050/

 


jrootham
Offline
Joined: Jun 14 2001

I would say that spam spreading and intellectual dishonesty is the theme of this thread.

 


Tigana
Offline
Joined: Oct 23 2008

There certainly isn't much intellect in that stick figure cartoon you posted, jrootham.

There are a lot of posters here who demonstrate excellence in self-deception, though.

Spam? How can Babble claim to be a progressive board when so often representatives of the government and corporate interest groups post here to promote their careers or agendas?

Why do Babblers who categorize themselves as progressive try to stop discussions and questions and curtail rights to information and free choice?

Why do some Babblers demonstrate so much spite and so little concern for their fellow man? 


jrootham
Offline
Joined: Jun 14 2001

Science is all about avoiding self deception.  Not that easy to practise, and, yes, big pharma is guilty of a multitude of sins.

If you don't understand xkcd that's your problem.

This thread has a lot of similarities to the 9/11 threads.  Can't say as I'm surprised.

 


Tigana
Offline
Joined: Oct 23 2008

jrootham, you posted a link to a strip of xkcd that called non-scientists bitches; calling names is easier than presenting evidence or examining and presenting facts.

Pharma "sins"? Pharma is guilty of CRIMES and has been convicted. 

Do you refer to 9/11 to suggest a "conspiracy"? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9tvrYg85qU


Maysie
Offline
Joined: Apr 21 2005

Tigana, you have been warned already in this thread.

If you, and everyone else who's engaging in low-scale snark could back off that would be great.

Otherwise I'll be closing this and would request that another one not be opened for at least a day to let everyone cool off.


Tigana
Offline
Joined: Oct 23 2008

Maysie wrote:

Tigana, you have been warned already in this thread.

If you, and everyone else who's engaging in low-scale snark could back off that would be great.

Otherwise I'll be closing this and would request that another one not be opened for at least a day to let everyone cool off.

Good idea, Maysie - see you and Judy backchannel. 


Catchfire
Offline
Joined: Apr 16 2003

Tigana, your last comment sounds suspiciously like a personal attack. Please refrain, for the last time. The usefulness of this thread seems to be past its due date. I'm closing.


Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or register to post comments