Please show your support for the Rainier!
On November 28th at 9.30 am VCHA staff met with residents of the Rainier to let them know that effective December 3rd the treatment program they were a part of would cease to exist. Most programming would be cut and the Rainier would effectively be reduced to an SRO.
The Rainier was the only treatment centre for women in the DTES.
* We are asking you to Pledge To Walk the whole route from the Rainier to our final stop, 10 kilometres.
* Meet at 309 Carrall at 9am, ending 2pm.
* INVITE OTHERS! - Bring along friends, family and coworkers.
* Please dress for the weather and dress in black. We will be going as mourner in New Orleans Style funeral procession, jazz band and all!
* There will be rest vehicles available and, warm drinks and good food on hand at all our stops.
Thanks so much. See you there!