Welcome to the rabble video commons.
This is an unscheduled, open video space. Please use it as you wish to do good.
This page will allow up to 25 of us to videochat at the same time. By visiting the page you become a live video participant in the chat, if anyone is here. To have someone join you here, just direct message them the URL for this page in an email, or via Twitter or a Facebook message.
See tips on using this below.
The first time you use this a Flash pop-up window will ask to use your webcam and mic. Let that happen. You can later change your microphone and webcam settings using the wrench icon in the upper right of the tokbox screen.
Wear headphones or a headset mic at all times in video chat to prevent echo and feedback. This is very important.
If your audio can't be heard try muting and unmuting your mic. You do this by rolling over your picture in the tokbox window and clicking on the microphone icon. This will MUTE your mic. Then click on it again to UNMUTE. This works most of the time to restore/jumpstart audio.
You can communicate with one another via voice-only, voice and video or just via chat (there is a chat window below the video panes). However, there is no way to be a spectator. If you are part of the room, you are part of the discussion.
Potential Uses (invent your own!)
- group meetings
- family gatherings
This is an open video space but we have a few rules:
- Treat all participants with respect.
- Hate speech, personal attacks or threats of any nature will not be tolerated.
- Don't try to sell anyone anything. This is a free space for sharing ideas not for shilling products.
- While topics and discussions of all sorts are welcomed, cybersexual behaviour is not. Get a room. Well, another room :-)
- Do not be exclusive. This space is for everyone. Welcome newcomers into your discussions
This is an experiment. In the near future we may create rooms you can schedule, but for now this is an open space for everyone. Enjoy the discussions and community.