At 8:30 a.m. on the first Monday in the New Year, the Canadian Veteran Advocacy group sent out some suggested "New Year's Resolutions" for Julian Fantino, who was, at the time, Minister of Veterans Affairs.
1. Not arriving late at meetings with veterans.
2. Not running away from the spouses of veterans.
3. Not flying away to Italy or anywhere else at taxpayer's expense when important reports such as the Auditor General's Reports are tabled in the House of Commons.
4. Not using profane language or swearing at veterans in public places.
5. Taking French language lessons.
6. Replying to all correspondence in a timely, factual and accurate fashion.