On September 18th, rabble.ca livecast Young, Canadian and Muslim - Making Our Ballots Count!, the debate spearheaded by Dawanet's Project Civic Engagement in partnership the National Council of Canadian Muslims and the Canadian Muslim Vote.
Click here to view debate highlights and hear what representatives of the Conservatives, New Democrats, Liberal and Greens said in response to questions about the following issues:
1. Job opportunities for young people
2. Canada’s growing income inequality
3. Restrictions upon Canadian civil liberties
4. Recent changes to Immigration and Citizenship legislation
5. The intensification of Islamophobia in Canadian federal politics and political culture
You can also take a look at a handy guide produced by Canadian Muslim Vote documenting party positions on the following issues that are important to the Musilim community:
This election vote for the party that stands for your priorities.