This workshop is available from United for a Fair Economy, a U.S. organization. Data for the workhop is U.S. based and some of the exercises are tied to U.S. history, though a good number can be adapted.
To access the PDF for the workshop you must create a free account with UFE.
From UFE on the workshop:
"United for a Fair Economy has designed a very effective set of presentations and workshops called "The Growing Divide: Inequality and the Roots of Economic Insecurity." . . . The Workshop includes:
An overview of the massive income and wealth shift of the last 25 years.
- An opportunity to discuss the effects of gross inequality on our lives and the lives of the people we know and care about.
- A discussion of the reasons for the shift.
- An inspirational review of movements in the U.S. that have reversed previous trends toward inequality.
- An opportunity to discuss strategy and meaningful action responses.
- An opportunity to think about concrete steps that make sense for each of us.
The workshop uses a number of participatory and problem-solving activities as well as a series of flip charts to illustrate the meaning behind the numbers.The ideal size for a workshop is 20-30 people. The workshop lasts from 90 minutes to 3 hours, however, presentations can vary in length. Larger groups may appreciate the presentation format. Programs are available on a sliding scale fee basis.The Workshop is ideal for:
Unions, Students, Study groups, Political Groups, Concerned Citizens, Religious Congregations, Community Organizations, Professional Organizations, Classrooms and Adult Education, anyone and everyone! Simply get in touch with us at the address below and we will give you all the information you will need.