#J20RESIST Global Day of Actions
Resist All Oppression!
On Friday, January 20, a new U.S. administration will be sworn in.
The new Trump administration enters office promising to:
- Boost U.S. military spending and the capacity to wage war;
- Escalate attacks on Latinx, Muslim, and other immigrant and oppressed communities;
- Expand U.S. nuclear weapons capacity;
- Gut environmental regulations and grant impunity to corporate and military polluters;
- Increase state repression against Black, Native and other oppressed nationalities; and
- Launch a wholesale attack on the working class in the U.S.
On Friday, January 20, in Washington DC and cities across the U.S. and the world, hundreds of thousands will take the streets to protest an agenda of war and racism. Join us in Vancouver!
Thank you for reading this story...
More people are reading rabble.ca than ever and unlike many news organizations, we have never put up a paywall – at rabble we’ve always believed in making our reporting and analysis free to all. But media isn’t free to produce. rabble’s total budget is likely less than what big corporate media spend on photocopying (we kid you not!) and we do not have any major foundation, sponsor or angel investor. Our only supporters are people and organizations -- like you. This is why we need your help.
If everyone who visits rabble and likes it chipped in a couple of dollars per month, our future would be much more secure and we could do much more: like the things our readers tell us they want to see more of: more staff reporters and more work to complete the upgrade of our website.
We’re asking if you could make a donation, right now, to set rabble on solid footing in 2017.