More than ever we need to stay mobilized after the June 7 election to show any new government that Ontario expects and demands decent work. We have an incredible line-up of speakers already confirmed for the June 16 Rally for Decent Work!
- Naomi Klein, author of No Is Not Enough: Resisting the New Shock Politics and co-author of Canada’s Leap Manifesto
- Chris Buckley, president, Ontario Federation of Labour
- Sandy Hudson, co-founder, Black Lives Matter Toronto
- Dr. Ritika Goel, member, Decent Work and Health Network & OHIP for All
- Gobinder Singh Randhawa, chair, Ontario Sikh and Gurudwara Council
We also know there are several buses already in the works to bring in folks from outside and inside Toronto - please sign up here to let us know you are coming and to receive updates on buses.
Thank you for reading this story...
More people are reading rabble.ca than ever and unlike many news organizations, we have never put up a paywall – at rabble we’ve always believed in making our reporting and analysis free to all. But media isn’t free to produce. rabble’s total budget is likely less than what big corporate media spend on photocopying (we kid you not!) and we do not have any major foundation, sponsor or angel investor. Our only supporters are people and organizations -- like you. This is why we need your help.
If everyone who visits rabble and likes it chipped in a couple of dollars per month, our future would be much more secure and we could do much more: like the things our readers tell us they want to see more of: more staff reporters and more work to complete the upgrade of our website.
We’re asking if you could make a donation, right now, to set rabble on solid footing in 2017.