This conference is intended for media makers, activists and others who are interested in learning more about alternative media and developing some reporting skills. It will address different issues with the media as well as providing training for media making.
More about the conference:
- Connect: with like-minded people; with media makers; with ideas and inspiration
- Cultivate: an apply-able understanding of principles of media literacy (incl. media making)
- Create: improve media-making skills and perspectives; a network of media makers/activists; a media coop organization in Ottawa
- Conspire: to come up with plans to have more effective, healthy community media
- Launch of Media Coop idea in Ottawa: awareness, able to use, become members
- Fri Nov 16, 7 p.m. — Keynote speakers/presentations at University of Ottawa, Montpetit Hall room 202
- Sat Nov 17, 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. — Panel Discussions and Workshops at University of Ottawa, Lamoureux Hall first floor
- Sun Nov 28, 1-3 p.m. — Special organizing/welcome meeting for the Media Co-op at University of Ottawa, Lamoureux Hall first floor
For more information (including full schedule program once finalized): www.OrganizingForJustice.ca
Contact: email@example.com or 613-656-5498
Thank you for reading this story…
More people are reading rabble.ca than ever and unlike many news organizations, we have never put up a paywall – at rabble we’ve always believed in making our reporting and analysis free to all, while striving to make it sustainable as well. Media isn’t free to produce. rabble’s total budget is likely less than what big corporate media spend on photocopying (we kid you not!) and we do not have any major foundation, sponsor or angel investor. Our main supporters are people and organizations -- like you. This is why we need your help. You are what keep us sustainable.
rabble.ca has staked its existence on you. We live or die on community support -- your support! We get hundreds of thousands of visitors and we believe in them. We believe in you. We believe people will put in what they can for the greater good. We call that sustainable.
So what is the easy answer for us? Depend on a community of visitors who care passionately about media that amplifies the voices of people struggling for change and justice. It really is that simple. When the people who visit rabble care enough to contribute a bit then it works for everyone.
And so we’re asking you if you could make a donation, right now, to help us carry forward on our mission. Make a donation today.