Please show your support for the Rainier!
On November 28th at 9.30 am VCHA staff met with residents of the Rainier to let them know that effective December 3rd the treatment program they were a part of would cease to exist. Most programming would be cut and the Rainier would effectively be reduced to an SRO.
The Rainier was the only treatment centre for women in the DTES.
* We are asking you to Pledge To Walk the whole route from the Rainier to our final stop, 10 kilometres.
* Meet at 309 Carrall at 9am, ending 2pm.
* INVITE OTHERS! - Bring along friends, family and coworkers.
* Please dress for the weather and dress in black. We will be going as mourner in New Orleans Style funeral procession, jazz band and all!
* There will be rest vehicles available and, warm drinks and good food on hand at all our stops.
Thanks so much. See you there!
Thank you for reading this story...
More people are reading rabble.ca than ever and unlike many news organizations, we have never put up a paywall – at rabble we’ve always believed in making our reporting and analysis free to all. But media isn’t free to produce. rabble’s total budget is likely less than what big corporate media spend on photocopying (we kid you not!) and we do not have any major foundation, sponsor or angel investor. Our only supporters are people and organizations -- like you. This is why we need your help.
If everyone who visits rabble and likes it chipped in a couple of dollars per month, our future would be much more secure and we could do much more: like the things our readers tell us they want to see more of: more staff reporters and more work to complete the upgrade of our website.
We’re asking if you could make a donation, right now, to set rabble on solid footing in 2017.