Sorry for the short notice, but I just heard about this meeting tomorrow and it looks very interesting. Unfortunately I will be at another meeting and can't attend.
Freedom of Expression
Defend the right to speak, educate and organize for Palestinian human rights
Wednesday, April 15
7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
The Bahen Centre, Room 1160 (40 St. George Street - north of College Street), University of Toronto
Moderator: Sherene Razack (SESE)
- Lawyers for the Canadian Arab Federation and George Galloway to update us on the legal challenge
- Canadian Arab Federation Vice-President: Ali Mallah
- Coalition Against Israeli Apartheid member: Rafeef Ziadah
Report backs from several sectors including labour, anti-war, faculty, community organizations, etc.
There has been a massive attack on freedom of expression in Canada including:
- The cutting of funds for settlement programs and language services at Canadian Arab Federation
- The ban of George Galloway from Canada
- The removal of Israeli Apartheid Week posters from Ontario universities
- The targeting of students and faculty doing public education on campuses
- Discussion of Israel/Palestine at Toronto District School Board threatened.
Attend this launch and hear testimonials, support the campaign, and learn how to get active in your organization or community.
* Canadian Arab Federation
* Department of Sociology and Equity Studies in Education (OISE-University of Toronto )
Canadian Peace Alliance
Coalition Against Israeli Apartheid
CUPE ON International Solidarity Committee
Educators for Peace and Justice
Students Against Israeli Apartheid (UofT and York)
Teachers for Palestine
Toronto Coalition to Stop the War (TCSW)