BC's Dr Bonnie Henry and NDP government have a different approach to Covid-19

92 posts / 0 new
Last post
NorthReport
BC's Dr Bonnie Henry and NDP government have a different approach to Covid-19

We have been deluged with unscientific nonsense about the pandemic from Canada's business community, from a lot of Canada's politicians, and from some individuals in the general public. My goodness we have even had babble posters supporting the disasterous Swedish approach. Thank goodness this is not a more severe crisis than it already is, as Ottawa has failed Canadians miserably in our Covid-19 pandemic challenge. New Zealand and China are examples of a successful approach, and Canada, Sweden, and the USA represent the failed approach. We need to learn from our mistakes, and it is now time for John Horgan to seal the BC borders, until Covid is eradicated in BC, regardless of what that the Ottawa Liberals say. Enough is enough.

 

 

NorthReport
NorthReport
NorthReport

Lessons from New Zealand's COVID-19 outbreak response

In the absence of a vaccine for severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), or of highly effective pharmaceutical treatments for COVID-19, countries have implemented a large range of non-pharmaceutical interventions to control the spread of the virus.

1 These interventions differ in their level of stringency (ie, the severity of the measures) and their ultimate objective (eg, prevent health systems being overwhelmed, suppress incidence to low levels, or reduce incidence to zero and keep it there). With many countries facing epidemic resurgence, evaluating the impact of different strategies implemented in the early phases of the pandemic is crucial for developing an effective long-term response.

New Zealand adopted a set of non-pharmaceutical interventions aiming to bring COVID-19 incidence to zero.2 In The Lancet Public Health, Sarah Jefferies and colleagues3 describe the impact of New Zealand's national response on the transmission of COVID-19 using two detailed sets of data: (1) the features of 1503 laboratory-confirmed and probable cases and (2) the list of all patients tested for SARS-CoV-2 in New Zealand between Feb 2 and May 13, 2020. The authors showed that many transmission chains started from younger imported cases, with a total of 575 imported cases and 459 import-related cases, and reached more vulnerable parts of the local population further down the chain (eg, residents of residential care facilities). Locally acquired cases were older, came from lower socioeconomic backgrounds, and were more likely to be associated with severe outcomes than imported cases (crude odds ratio 2·32, 95% CI 1·40–3·82). The authors highlight that transmission chains were spread out across the country, with the highest incidence in popular tourist areas, and large transmission events such as weddings led to transmission chains containing multiple age groups. Similar dynamics have been reported elsewhere—eg, in Europe where young adults were infected upon visiting ski resorts and returned with the infection to their countries.4 The reconstruction of detailed epidemiological links is paramount to improve understanding of the spread of SARS-CoV-2 and keep close surveillance on settings with high risk of transmission.5

• View related content for this article

Identifying transmission chains before they spill over into vulnerable populations relies on detecting new importations, finding existing transmission chains through widespread testing and contact tracing, and isolating new cases and quarantining their contacts. Jefferies and colleagues highlight that this was achieved in New Zealand thanks to the rapid improvements in testing capacity and case management: by late April, the time from onset of symptoms to notification had been reduced from 9·7 days (95% uncertainty interval 8·8 to 10·7) to 1·7 days (1·2 to 2·2), and the time from onset to isolation from 7·2 days (6·3 to 8·2) to −2·7 days (−4·7 to −0·8), meaning that people were isolating an average of 2·7 days before illness onset. Therefore, cases were isolated from the community promptly, reducing the risk of onwards local transmission. From mid-April onwards, higher-risk groups were targeted for tests by population testing surveys to avoid undetected circulation of the virus. Nevertheless, the authors report only 25 asymptomatic infections in the dataset, which corresponds to 1·7% of all cases. This is much lower than the commonly reported proportion of asymptomatic infections in COVID-19 outbreaks, which varies between 20% and 40%.6 This finding suggests that many asymptomatic individuals remained undetected despite targeted testing of groups less likely to show symptoms in the late phases of New Zealand's epidemic. Comparing setting-specific serosurveys and surveillance data could reveal the profile of infections that New Zealand's surveillance system struggled to identify, thus highlighting an area for improvement in the infection detection process. This could also indicate whether the detection of asymptomatic infections should be a priority, as recent genomic epidemiology studies suggest many introductions did not result in transmission chains,

7 which might be linked to a lower infectiousness of asymptomatic individuals.

The lockdown implemented in New Zealand was remarkable for its stringency and its brevity: Jefferies and colleagues show that the daily number of cases dropped below ten in mid-April, less than a month after the first increase in New Zealand's Alert Level.8Furthermore, although most of the cases reported by mid-March were imported, almost no further importation was observed 2 weeks after the implementation of the first travel bans and isolation orders: imported cases represented 58% (95% CI 53–62) of the cases before March 15 but just 38% (36–41) of the total. Control of importations and local transmission in New Zealand was achieved with stringent non-pharmaceutical interventions implemented rapidly when infection numbers were low: the Alert Level escalated from 1 to 4 in 5 days, when the number of cases had just passed 1000. Such stringent measures do not always result in a rapid drop of cases: the lockdown implemented in Melbourne on Aug 5, 2020, shows that it can take months before incidence is brought to minimal levels, with measures kept in place until late September. Long-lasting lockdowns also cause major economic disruption, deterioration of mental health in the population,9 and other indirect health consequences,

10 ultimately decreasing population compliance. As other high-income countries have reported an increasing number of cases since August, 2020, the experience of New Zealand highlights that successful non-pharmaceutical interventions rely on early decisive reactions from health authorities, performant surveillance systems, and targeted testing strategies as much as stringency.

I declare no competing interests.

 

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpub/article/PIIS2468-2667(20)30237-1/fulltext

NorthReport

Lock them up them in a quarantine prison until Covid-19 has been eradicated.

https://vancouversun.com/news/anti-mask-protesters-banned-from-b-c-ferri...

Misfit Misfit's picture

Welcome back NR!!' We missed you!!!

NorthReport

I don't have any sympathy for the anti-maskers. They went to Bolen Books in Victoria last week, were told they needed to wear a mask at that time, but that there were other times that they could come to the bookstore and not have to wear wear a mask, but that wasn't good enough for them.

Initially I thought China's approach to stopping Covid-19 was draconian but now after seeing the results, I realize that China and New Zealand have taken the correct approach, and most of the rest of the countries on Planet Earth, including Canada, particularily Ontario and Quebec, have not. Too bad for Canadians, and as a result, we are now all paying the price.   

NorthReport
NorthReport

What part of this do the anti-maskers not understand!

Chief public health officer calls for continued 'collective effort' against COVID-19

Victoria Ahearn / The Canadian Press

OCTOBER 17, 2020 12:35 PM

2020101715108-5f8b41c9da442ee0947897a5jpeg.jpg

Chief Public Health Officer Dr. Theresa Tam takes part during a press conference during the COVID pandemic in Ottawa on Friday, Oct. 16, 2020.  As parts of Canada face a new round of COVID-19-related restrictions, Canada's chief public health officer is urging Canadians to continue making a "collective effort" to tackle the pandemic.THE CANADIAN PRESS/Sean Kilpatrick

TORONTO — Canada's chief public health officer urged residents to continue making a "collective effort" to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic on Saturday as parts of the country braced for new rounds of restrictions meant to curb the spread of the virus.

Dr. Theresa Tam issued a statement acknowledging that confusion over appropriate public health measures is understandable in light of the fact that the pandemic is playing out differently across different provinces and territories.

https://www.nsnews.com/chief-public-health-officer-calls-for-continued-c...

Aristotleded24

NorthReport wrote:
Lock them up them in a quarantine prison until Covid-19 has been eradicated.

https://vancouversun.com/news/anti-mask-protesters-banned-from-b-c-ferri...

You support arresting people for having different opinions? That's disturbing.

NorthReport

Ari

You are doing such a diservice here to the Covid-19 pandemic battle, such as supporting Sweden's approach, which has been so scientifically discredited, and has one of  the highest, if not the highest, per capita death rate in the world. Even Sweden now accepts they erred bigtime, and are bringing in controls. You are sounding like the lunatic Trump supporters. As a result I will not be reading any more of your nonsense.

NorthReport
NorthReport

Sweden has one of the highest death rates on the planet

https://time.com/5901352/sweden-local-lockdowns/

NorthReport

Remember concerts? It's covid-free New Zealand, and concerts are a reality not a memory - from Wapo

NorthReport

It's a real shame that the anti-maskers are so self-centered and jeopardizing our senior citizens, once again.   

NorthReport
NorthReport

Facebook is the scum of the earth and a big Trump backer. Hopefully 1n 13 days we can start looking for another medium and erase Facebook from use.

The Anti-Mask Revolution Was Organized on Facebook

Shortly after VICE News reached out about Canadian anti-masker groups, Facebook deleted several of them.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/88a4wg/the-anti-mask-revolution-was-orga...

NorthReport

 

Tweet

See new Tweets

Conversation

Keith Baldrey

 

@keithbaldrey

A steady and rapid escalation of hospitalizations, ICU numbers and deaths. That is not happening. The majority of positive cases continue to occur in the younger (under 40) age group, and they tend to have much milder symptoms.

Quote Tweet

Joyce Cheng

@yulei0821

· 13h

Replying to @keithbaldrey

Clapping hands sign

Clapping hands sign

Clapping hands sign

I admire your calmness amongst rising covid cases, declared school outbreak, multiple school clusters and exposures, multiple LTC and community outbreaks, and if all these do not freak you out, can you tell us what will?

 

https://twitter.com/keithbaldrey/status/1319300667706470401

Aristotleded24

Dr. Henry expects a vaccine to be available by January 2021? Reminds me of something someone else told us:

Quote:
President Donald Trump claimed Friday there will be enough coronavirus vaccines for every American by April -- a claim that doesn't match any timeline given by the federal government's health agencies, private researchers or even the companies making the vaccines.

But Trump and one of his top advisers said they were confident that a vaccine would be approved, manufactured and ready for distribution to all by April.

...

Earlier this week, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director Dr. Robert Redfield told a Senate Appropriations committee hearing that it would likely be the second or third quarter of next year -- late spring or summer -- before widespread vaccination could be underway in the US.

National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Dr. Anthony Fauci has said he agrees with that timeline.

Note that Trump's timeline is less optimistic than Henry's. How is is that Trump should be treated as a villan while Henry is treated as a hero even though experts are saying that the timelines offered by both are very unlikely?

What Trump and Henry are doing here is engaging in an emotional blackmail technique known as tantalizing. The way that technique works is you hold out the promise of a reward for someone for complying with something you want them to do. You keep removing that reward and kicking it down the road in order to maintain control over them. "Want to attend a concert or a CFL game again? Well, you need to wait until there's a vaccine. But don't worry, it's coming soon!" Promises like that never materialize. Remember in the spring when they told us it would only take a few weeks to "flatten the curve?" Well, after a few weeks, the goalposts moved, and now we have to wait until it is "safe" (whatever the hell that means). Even look at the re-opening plans of many provinces, and the green (i.e. "back to normal" phases) are often contingent on a vaccine, and vague terms like "effective treatment" and "broadly contained." It has nothing to do with public health and everything to maintain control.

NorthReport

---

NorthReport

This is typical of the nonsense you spout.

I think most BCers will take Dr Bonnie Henry's word and advice over yours. Just sayin'

Aristotleded24 wrote:

Dr. Henry expects a vaccine to be available by January 2021? Reminds me of something someone else told us:

Quote:
President Donald Trump claimed Friday there will be enough coronavirus vaccines for every American by April -- a claim that doesn't match any timeline given by the federal government's health agencies, private researchers or even the companies making the vaccines.

But Trump and one of his top advisers said they were confident that a vaccine would be approved, manufactured and ready for distribution to all by April.

...

Earlier this week, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director Dr. Robert Redfield told a Senate Appropriations committee hearing that it would likely be the second or third quarter of next year -- late spring or summer -- before widespread vaccination could be underway in the US.

National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Dr. Anthony Fauci has said he agrees with that timeline.

Note that Trump's timeline is less optimistic than Henry's. How is is that Trump should be treated as a villan while Henry is treated as a hero even though experts are saying that the timelines offered by both are very unlikely?

What Trump and Henry are doing here is engaging in an emotional blackmail technique known as tantalizing. The way that technique works is you hold out the promise of a reward for someone for complying with something you want them to do. You keep removing that reward and kicking it down the road in order to maintain control over them. "Want to attend a concert or a CFL game again? Well, you need to wait until there's a vaccine. But don't worry, it's coming soon!" Promises like that never materialize. Remember in the spring when they told us it would only take a few weeks to "flatten the curve?" Well, after a few weeks, the goalposts moved, and now we have to wait until it is "safe" (whatever the hell that means). Even look at the re-opening plans of many provinces, and the green (i.e. "back to normal" phases) are often contingent on a vaccine, and vague terms like "effective treatment" and "broadly contained." It has nothing to do with public health and everything to maintain control.

NorthReport
NorthReport

COVID-19 can live on skin for up to 9 hours, but sanitizing hands can get rid of the virus in 15 seconds: study

The experts say it’s also important to remember that studies done in lab settings, under perfectly controlled conditions, don’t necessarily translate to the outside world

 

For Furness, the interesting part of the Japan study was its comparison to the regular flu virus, which lasted on average slightly less than two hours on skin surfaces.

He says that may provide a potential clue as to why the novel coronavirus is so transmissible.

“It sheds a little bit of light on the fact that this is a tough customer, that this is a relatively hardy virus compared to flu,” he said. “And it would help explain why this is so much more contagious than something like the flu.”

https://vancouversun.com/news/covid-19-can-live-on-skin-for-up-to-9-hour...

NorthReport

Out of control parties are creating Covid problems for BC

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/covid-19-henry-warns-restrictio...

NorthReport
Left Turn Left Turn's picture

Hy issue with Dr. Henry is that she moved us to stage 3 reopening before COVID was eradicated in BC. We flattened our curve by early May, so we moved to stage 2 reopening by the end of May. Cases continued going down in atage 2 -- new cases got down into the single digits -- so Dr. Henry moved us to stage 3 sometime in June. Then cases started gradually going up in July, leading us all the way to where we are now, with new case counts of 208 and 274 for the last two days, and 1849 total active COVID cases. Had we stayed in stage 2, we probably would have been COVID-free by the end of August.

NorthReport

It's a balancing act. The pressures on her from the brain-dead business community must be overwhelming. Combine that with the stupidities that have been going on in Quebec and Ontario, makes for a very difficult situation. At least, so far, she has not fallen for the federal apple google ruse to track people, as BC has proven to have the best contact tracing system in the country. At some point the government will have to decide on stiffer restrictions and/or stiffer penalties. Unlike many places in the USA our hospitals are not overflowing with Covid cases which is the most important measurement of how we are doing as opposed to the raw numbers
The head of Vancouver Coastal was interviewed yesterday and was very supportive of Dr Henry's approach
Somehow we have to put a stop to these indoor gatherings the weddings, the celebrations of life, and the family gatherings. Masks can perhaps be helpful but it is the indoor gatherings that create the spread of Covid.

NorthReport
NorthReport

---

NorthReport

Some of us have lesser capacities to absorb change than others which Dr Bonnie Henry with her be kind and be calm plays into, and is the key to her success.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-evolving-science-a-reason...

alan smithee alan smithee's picture

Aristotleded24 wrote:

NorthReport wrote:
Lock them up them in a quarantine prison until Covid-19 has been eradicated.

https://vancouversun.com/news/anti-mask-protesters-banned-from-b-c-ferri...

You support arresting people for having different opinions? That's disturbing.

A24. He's always been a fool

NorthReport

Now the morons in charge in Swedish want to bring on controls.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-10-23-20-intl/h...

NorthReport
NorthReport

Why are provinces with right-wing governments having the most Covid-19 cases hospitalizations and deaths? 

Coronavirus: What's happening in Canada and around the world on Saturday

Ont., Sask. see record COVID-19 increases as Tam warns of rising hospitalizations

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/world-canada-covid-19-oct-24-1.5775715

NorthReport

Why lockdowns alone won't save us from the pandemic

Lockdowns can control outbreaks of COVID-19, but only as long as public tolerates them

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/coronavirus-lockdowns-canada-1.5774188

NorthReport

A lot of local communities have stopped the 7 PM cheer for our health care and other front line workers such as grocery store clerks, etc, but not these folks in East Van. Kudos to them for keeping it up.

7 p.m. cheer hasn't stopped in this Vancouver neighbourhood — and won't any time soon

 

Group of East Vancouver neighbours vow to gather each night with noisemakers until a COVID-19 vaccine is ready

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/7-p-m-cheer-hasn-t-stopp...

NorthReport

This is shocking I tell you, shocking! 

Imagine the BC Government wanting their point person on the Covid-19 pandemic to have credibility when she is is communicating with the public to keep the citizens of BC as safe as possible. 

How stupid can the right-wingers who negotiate on behalf of the Greens be!

https://twitter.com/nspector4/status/1320149497167503360

Aristotleded24

NorthReport wrote:
Why are provinces with right-wing governments having the most Covid-19 cases hospitalizations and deaths?

You mean like right-wing governments in New Brunswick and PEI where the disease is practically gone, with PEI being the only province to not have recorded a single death from covid since the pandemic started?

NorthReport

Put a sweater on and stay outside as much as you can this winter Dont go to crowded indoor spaces

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/graphics/2020/10/18/improving-indoor-a...

NorthReport

Dr Bonnie now recommending masks to always be worn indoors for the first time

NorthReport
NorthReport

Kick them out for 10 years or more!

'Horrific' abuse of volunteers and staff must stop

https://www.abbynews.com/news/horrific-abuse-of-volunteers-and-staff-by-...

NorthReport

Simple solution for some: 'Boycott any store not enforcing masks if you can'.

 

Keith Baldrey

 

@keithbaldrey

Ask the manager if he lets people with no shoes shop in his store. There’s no “law” requiring people to wear foot coverings, yet stores require them.

Quote Tweet

Brian

@nbc_brian

· 2h

Replying to @elviralount and @keithbaldrey

The Superstore manager specifically told me that they can't enforce their "mask required" rule because it's not a law or mandate. I asked because at least a third of the customers in the store were maskless despite signs all over the place indicating they're required.

https://twitter.com/keithbaldrey/status/1321481354580692994

NorthReport

Really good comments by Dr Tam who is addressing Canada's Number One issue: Inequality!!!

Canada’s top doctor outlines ‘uncomfortable facts’ on coronavirus inequalities

https://globalnews.ca/news/7427339/coronavirus-canada-report-tam-inequit...

NorthReport

Dr Bonnie Henry and Health Minister Adrian Dix have had a different but reasonably successful approach to the Covid-19 pandemic challenge.

Contact Tracing is done quite differently than the rest of Canada,  and I hope they stick with it. 

NorthReport

Dr Bonnie Henry heading to Fraser Health Region for tomorrow's presser.

NorthReport
NorthReport

‘Herd Immunity’ Is an Inviting Idea but Terrible Policy

Just let the virus run free and protect only the weakest, some urge. Why that won’t work.

https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2020/10/28/Herd-Immunity-Inviting-Idea-Terri...

NorthReport

It's not rocket science.

You want to stay alive stop celebrating birthdays, etc. We need to support, nudge, and persuade everyone we care about, to do the same thing, as hopefully it (covid-19) too will eventually pass. 

https://twitter.com/richardzussman/status/1321936307828895745

NorthReport

Be Kind, Be Calm, & Be Safe 

Dr. Bonnie Henry T-shirts return for fundraising campaign

 

Bonnie Henry t-shirts

Dr. Bonnie Henry t-shirts are on sale once again, this time benefiting Saanich Neighbourhood Place. 

SAANICH, B.C. -- They were more than just fashion, they were a statement and a huge fundraising hit. Now, they are back, with a different look and goal.

Dr. Bonnie Henry T-shirts are on sale once again, this time benefiting Saanich Neighbourhood Place. The non-profit organization delivers programming aimed at helping families access resources and supports they need in a barrier-free environment. 

“We have just launched our first-ever fundraising campaign, which is the new Bonnie Henry T-shirt campaign. We’re excited about that,” says Corinne Bains, executive director for Saanich Neighbourhood Place, adding that the campaign is off to a good start, with $2,000 raised so far.

Related Stories

The T-shirts, adorned with Henry’s favorite terms, come in adult and youth sizes with two new designs.

Henry’s signature phrases, “Be kind - Be calm - Be safe,” will remain on one of the shirts. The other features the words “Kind - Calm - Safe - Brave.”

The edgier slogan used in the first fundraiser, “Dr. Bonnie F*cking Henry,” is no longer available.

The original campaign organizers, who started the first fundraiser in late spring, handed the project over to the Rainbow Kitchen, which continued to successfully run the project and brought in more than $10,000, providing 3,000 meals for people in need.

When the Rainbow Kitchen ended its campaign, it wanted to keep the fundraising effort going, so it handed the project over to Saanich Neighbourhood Place, which launched its own campaign this week. 

“We hope people will buy T-shirts because they like the T-shirts, first of all,” says Bains. “And secondly, we hope that they will buy the T-shirts to support Saanich Neighbourhood Place and the work that we do here.”

The organization, located in the Pearkes Arena facility, offers childcare, mental health supports and food security, among other programs.

All proceeds from the new Dr. Bonnie Henry T-shirt campaign will benefit Saanich Neighbourhood Place’s Child and Family Services project, a new building under construction, housing 49 new childcare spaces and wraparound services for families.

The new facility, just over 7,000 sq ft and located behind Pearkes Rec Centre, will be a “child-care hub,” offering other services to families in an accessible location. There will also be space for community groups to rent that will include a multi-purpose room, a meeting room, and a small licensed kitchen.

The building is set to be open in mid-2021, but more money needs to be raised to support new staff and programs to be offered there.

“Purchasing a T-shirt will help support all the programs that we do and help with the new project as well,” says Bains.

Dr. Bonnie Henry T-shirts are selling for $25 for youth sizes and $30 for adults and will be on sale until Dec. 4

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/dr-bonnie-henry-t-shirts-return-for-f...

NorthReport

NorthReport wrote:

Be Kind, Be Calm, & Be Safe 

Dr. Bonnie Henry T-shirts return for fundraising campaign

 

Bonnie Henry t-shirts

Dr. Bonnie Henry t-shirts are on sale once again, this time benefiting Saanich Neighbourhood Place. 

SAANICH, B.C. -- They were more than just fashion, they were a statement and a huge fundraising hit. Now, they are back, with a different look and goal.

Dr. Bonnie Henry T-shirts are on sale once again, this time benefiting Saanich Neighbourhood Place. The non-profit organization delivers programming aimed at helping families access resources and supports they need in a barrier-free environment. 

“We have just launched our first-ever fundraising campaign, which is the new Bonnie Henry T-shirt campaign. We’re excited about that,” says Corinne Bains, executive director for Saanich Neighbourhood Place, adding that the campaign is off to a good start, with $2,000 raised so far.

Related Stories

The T-shirts, adorned with Henry’s favorite terms, come in adult and youth sizes with two new designs.

Henry’s signature phrases, “Be kind - Be calm - Be safe,” will remain on one of the shirts. The other features the words “Kind - Calm - Safe - Brave.”

The edgier slogan used in the first fundraiser, “Dr. Bonnie F*cking Henry,” is no longer available.

The original campaign organizers, who started the first fundraiser in late spring, handed the project over to the Rainbow Kitchen, which continued to successfully run the project and brought in more than $10,000, providing 3,000 meals for people in need.

When the Rainbow Kitchen ended its campaign, it wanted to keep the fundraising effort going, so it handed the project over to Saanich Neighbourhood Place, which launched its own campaign this week. 

“We hope people will buy T-shirts because they like the T-shirts, first of all,” says Bains. “And secondly, we hope that they will buy the T-shirts to support Saanich Neighbourhood Place and the work that we do here.”

The organization, located in the Pearkes Arena facility, offers childcare, mental health supports and food security, among other programs.

All proceeds from the new Dr. Bonnie Henry T-shirt campaign will benefit Saanich Neighbourhood Place’s Child and Family Services project, a new building under construction, housing 49 new childcare spaces and wraparound services for families.

The new facility, just over 7,000 sq ft and located behind Pearkes Rec Centre, will be a “child-care hub,” offering other services to families in an accessible location. There will also be space for community groups to rent that will include a multi-purpose room, a meeting room, and a small licensed kitchen.

The building is set to be open in mid-2021, but more money needs to be raised to support new staff and programs to be offered there.

“Purchasing a T-shirt will help support all the programs that we do and help with the new project as well,” says Bains.

Dr. Bonnie Henry T-shirts are selling for $25 for youth sizes and $30 for adults and will be on sale until Dec. 4

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/dr-bonnie-henry-t-shirts-return-for-f...

Pages