Woman sues Rogers for exposing her affair through phone bill

66 posts / 0 new
Last post
Michelle

I've already worked in a call centre - been there, done that.

Luckily, I worked for a place that actually had reasonable policies and didn't fuck over their customers to the extent that Rogers does.  And the odd time where the customer had legitimate reasons to be annoyed, I understood why.

Call centre jobs really suck.  I'm sure it sucks more to work in a call centre for a corporation like Rogers, which has such poor systems of customer service that the front line takes all the flack for the screw-ups.  And I don't blame you for hating the customers when they yell at you.

That's one thing I've always tried NOT to do, actually, is give the first person I talk to a hard time.  I know it's not their fault.  It's about the corporation's systems, not the individual worker.

You're absolutely right - you couldn't pay me enough to work in a Rogers call centre.  Good luck to you, and godspeed.

SparkyOne

I think this is a stupid lawsuit. She got caught. As someone who was cheated on I hope she looses her lawsuit.

 

At the same time I also hate rogers and hope that if they DID breach some kind of privacy agreement that they pay for it (somehow).   It's easy to point fingers and laugh at Nagy because of the circumstances leading up to the lawsuit if a woman would have been beat up, assaulted or worse because she was trying to leave an abusive relationship and got "caught" because of rogers screw up I have a feeling most people here would be outraged at rogers.

 

asdf

Michelle wrote:

I've already worked in a call centre - been there, done that.

Luckily, I worked for a place that actually had reasonable policies and didn't fuck over their customers to the extent that Rogers does.  And the odd time where the customer had legitimate reasons to be annoyed, I understood why.

Call centre jobs really suck.  I'm sure it sucks more to work in a call centre for a corporation like Rogers, which has such poor systems of customer service that the front line takes all the flack for the screw-ups.  And I don't blame you for hating the customers when they yell at you.

That's one thing I've always tried NOT to do, actually, is give the first person I talk to a hard time.  I know it's not their fault.  It's about the corporation's systems, not the individual worker.

You're absolutely right - you couldn't pay me enough to work in a Rogers call centre.  Good luck to you, and godspeed.


You should try it, you'd understand both sides better.
Oh and RR.

There are procedures for getting services disconnected.

Since you and what's her face appear to be an item it's a waste of my time explaining it.

I don't beat dead horses.

No Yards No Yards's picture

No, you're with Rogers  ... you try and sell them as race horses to unsuspecting customers at 4 times what even a good race horse should cost.

 

remind remind's picture

asdf wrote:
Oh and RR. There are procedures for getting services disconnected. Since you and what's her face appear to be an item it's a waste of my time explaining it. I don't beat dead horses.

 

WTF?

 

...you seriously can't be serious can you?

 

 ...you seriously don't think you can get away with sexist crap like that here do you?

 

And WOW what a walking fucking testimony to Rogers you are.

 

%[email protected]%$#^%@^

Stargazer

remind, not worth getting peeved about. This person is clearly brainwashed by corporate crap fed to it by Rogers. Think of what a miserable, horrid existence it must live. Especially to come to a forum and sign up just to defend a hellish company like Rogers.Marx would be very disappointed.

 

writer writer's picture

Goodness knows that following tight, narrow, unbendable rules while watching a spouse die is exactly what someone going through such an excruciatingly painful life experience needs. And doing so with absolutely no help from customer service. Even better! To then be charged with a service not asked for, which the company refused to stop. Well, how much sweeter can it get?

asdf must be here from a competing company. Rogers is not coming out too well with this new perspective.

No Yards No Yards's picture

If asdf's from Rogers, then Rogers needs to start sending their employees to BP for sensitivity training.

asdf

remind wrote:

asdf wrote:
Oh and RR. There are procedures for getting services disconnected. Since you and what's her face appear to be an item it's a waste of my time explaining it. I don't beat dead horses.

 

WTF?

 

...you seriously can't be serious can you?

 

 ...you seriously don't think you can get away with sexist crap like that here do you?

 

And WOW what a walking fucking testimony to Rogers you are.

 

%[email protected]%$#^%@^


What are you going to do send the internet police after me?

Stargazer wrote:

remind, not worth getting peeved about. This person is clearly brainwashed by corporate crap fed to it by Rogers. Think of what a miserable, horrid existence it must live. Especially to come to a forum and sign up just to defend a hellish company like Rogers.Marx would be very disappointed.

 


Rogers is a company that pays me money. Bell, telus and all others work the exact same way,

I am a customer and an employee I have been on both sides of the scale. I know that there are people who were lied to by dealers just so they could get their commission, I also do know that there are people who are fully aware of what they have,

For example take this cell phone plan
http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=WLRS_Plans

Now say for example someone if you click on learn more you clearly see what options are available to you,

now let's say someone decides to call their daughter in japan. They are going to get long distance charges naturally.

Where in that plan do you see long distance?

What they see is that Oh noes I have to call rogers and get that credited back because I used my phone.

Then they reach me and I have to tell them that they have no long distance and that they are legitimate charges.

Then they start accusing me of not giving them credits for something they admittedly used.

Then I get called an idiot asshole and whatever else you can think of.

Honestly rogers is not perfect anyone who thinks I'm dumb enough to believe that does not belong in the gene pool.

Tl:DR

Internet is the personification of free speech.

People are stupid to believe I'm gullible.

Waffles are good.

writer wrote:

Goodness knows that following tight, narrow, unbendable rules while watching a spouse die is exactly what someone going through such an excruciatingly painful life experience needs. And doing so with absolutely no help from customer service. Even better! To then be charged with a service not asked for, which the company refused to stop. Well, how much sweeter can it get?

asdf must be here from a competing company. Rogers is not coming out too well with this new perspective.


Because clearly rogers watches all it's customer's just to see who really has died and who is just lying to get out of a contract.

asdf

No Yards wrote:

If asdf's from Rogers, then Rogers needs to start sending their employees to BP for sensitivity training.


I guess you're just going to have to take an anon's word for it aren't you.

Stargazer

Okay, the troll has stepped over the lines in every one of its posts. Can we just delete the troll?

writer writer's picture

It's an excellent illustration of what my brother calls clerkocracy.

asdf

Stargazer wrote:

Okay, the troll has stepped over the lines in every one of its posts. Can we just delete the troll?


For what? violation of the terms of use?

Something that everyone should read but does not.

I made my point case closed go fuck yourselfs and I'm going back to logging.

I don't even work for rogers. I'm just customer like everyone else.

Catchfire Catchfire's picture

Harumph. And just when I thought babble had filled the corporate shill void that so plagues us, I get all these demands to ban our only antidote.

Well, seeing as how I hate free speech, I suppose I'd better comply. Typo, please note that we are experiencing higher than normal post volume, and any complaint may be met with utter apathy or derison. Thanks for your understanding. Have a nice day.

SparkyOne

ASDF sounds like a great spokes person for rogers.

Pages