So, the Babble Book Club has been up and running for a few months now, books and authors have come and gone, and we would like to know what we can do better to improve the book club for you, the readers, and in general!
How's the format:
- do you like having a specific discussion date and time? Have Sunday's at noon/3pm been working for most people's availability? Or would you prefer a more free form conversation style until a new selection is chosen?
- Are author discussion beneficial and fun for everyone? Or would you prefer to keep it amongst us BBCers?
How's the selections:
- Too much CanLit or not enough? Wider range of genres or just right?
- Is the time for reading too quick, too slow, just right?
how's the discussion"
- Does talking about the book before the discussion work or does it detract from the final discussion itself?
- How's the moderation -- are the questions boring and uninspired? Does the moderator (cough, me) interfer with the conversation too much?
Okay, those are just some ideas to help with the snow-ball effect of feedback I hope to encourage!
But we would love to hear your thoughts about everything and anything (especially the format, how is everything working!).
Please chime in, nobody's feelings will be hurt if there are criticisms, I promise!