Liberals - started January 28, 2015

177 posts / 0 new
Last post
NorthReport
Liberals - started January 28, 2015

++++++++++++++++

NorthReport

Now you can see what a problem the Liberals are.  They stand for nothing, they stand for everything.

GO HARD LEFT, THEN GO HARD RIGHT

 

Either way, it’s veering all over the road.

The anti-terror legislation isn’t tabled, yet, so no one outside a small circle within the government actually knows what is in it. Even though I – along with Lloyd Axworthy, Bob Rae, Gen. Romeo Dallaire and many other Liberals – support the international effort against ISIS/ISIL, I’m not ready to support the government’s bill until I, you know, actually see it.

If all of this seems a bit familiar to you, it should. In 2003, Jean Chretien said “no” to Canadian involvement in George W. Bush’s misadventures in Iraq. Paul Martin objected to that, letting it be known that “Canada should be there” and Canada needed to “get over to Iraq as quickly as possible.” So, when the latter became Prime Minister, he sought to curry favour with the Americans by committing us to Kandahar. It was a costly decision.

Siding with the NDP on the war against terror in the Middle East, siding with the Conservatives on the war against terror back home: it recalls Tim Hudak’s promise to create a million jobs, and then fire 100,000 people. Among other things, that kind of politicking is confusing to voters.

On important stuff, like war and terrorism, it is important to be consistent. The Conservatives, for good or for bad, are being consistent with their values. So too the NDP, whether you agree with them or not.

The Liberals? Like I say, going from hard left to hard right isn’t a safe way to drive. It often results in you landing in a ditch.

 

http://warrenkinsella.com/2015/01/go-hard-left-then-go-hard-right/

Pondering

People really get hung up on this right left thing. Please point me to a consistent party because neither the Conservatives, Liberals or NDP are consistently left or right. I'm grateful to have a non-ideological party whose goal is simply to serve Canadians to the best of their ability.

jas

Tony Abbott sparks leadership questions and tension in the Liberal party

When people from the Right and the Left of politics, both inside the parties and out, share the view that he is badly out of touch, he has a serious problem.

montrealer58 montrealer58's picture

It is a terrible copout to say you support a party precisely because it has no principles. It might make one think that you have no principles as well. The really bad news about Kinsella's article is that it looks like he is dangerously close to supporting the NDP or the Tories. Having Warren Kinsella support you is the kiss of death. Let us hope he is considering the Tories.

NorthReport

Laughing

Pondering

montrealer58 wrote:
It is a terrible copout to say you support a party precisely because it has no principles. It might make one think that you have no principles as well. The really bad news about Kinsella's article is that it looks like he is dangerously close to supporting the NDP or the Tories. Having Warren Kinsella support you is the kiss of death. Let us hope he is considering the Tories.

Principles and ideology are not synonyms.

NorthReport

Good, as again it clearly shows the contrast between the right-wing Liberals and the progressive NDP. 

I guess Trudeau went to see Paul Martin and has his knuckles wrapped. He probably won't make that mistake again.

Liberals say they're open to upcoming Tory terror bill

http://www.thesudburystar.com/2015/01/28/liberals-say-theyre-open-to-upc...

 

NorthReport

And again.

Bhullar blames ‘dirty tricks’ for Liberal ballot bust

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/alberta/bhullar-blames-dirty-tricks-...

Jacob Two-Two

Pondering wrote:

montrealer58 wrote:
It is a terrible copout to say you support a party precisely because it has no principles. It might make one think that you have no principles as well. The really bad news about Kinsella's article is that it looks like he is dangerously close to supporting the NDP or the Tories. Having Warren Kinsella support you is the kiss of death. Let us hope he is considering the Tories.

Principles and ideology are not synonyms.

But they are similar in that the Liberals have none of either.

The Liberals are a non-ideological party devoted to serving themselves. That's what the record in the real world makes clear. The party you're talking about only exists in your head.

Debater

According to this French article from Radio-Canada, the NDP is showing 'cautious support' for the Conservative anti-terrorism bill:

Appui prudent du NPD au projet de loi antiterroriste conservateur

http://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/Politique/2015/01/30/003-projet-loi...

https://twitter.com/RadioCanadaInfo/status/561264871904264192

NorthReport

Now we are beginning to see the real Trudeau.

63 per cent of Canadians are traitors 

Messrs. Axworthy, Rae et al. were “traitors” to the party, because they’d disagreed with the leader. That’s a quote.

http://warrenkinsella.com/2015/01/63-per-cent-of-canadians-are-traitors/

Pondering

NorthReport wrote:

Now we are beginning to see the real Trudeau.

63 per cent of Canadians are traitors 

Messrs. Axworthy, Rae et al. were “traitors” to the party, because they’d disagreed with the leader. That’s a quote.

http://warrenkinsella.com/2015/01/63-per-cent-of-canadians-are-traitors/

It's not a quote from Trudeau.

Aristotleded24

Debater wrote:
According to this French article from Radio-Canada, the NDP is showing 'cautious support' for the Conservative anti-terrorism bill:

Appui prudent du NPD au projet de loi antiterroriste conservateur

http://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/Politique/2015/01/30/003-projet-loi...

https://twitter.com/RadioCanadaInfo/status/561264871904264192[/quote]

I would like to have seen stronger wording from the Liberals and NDP in terms of voting against this measure, but to give them the benefit of the doubt, perhaps if they "take time to analyze" then they can come back later and say, "we're voting against this bill because of dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah," and give the Opposition more political cover than to respond with, "Harper says black, we say white."

I'm sure some here will be keeping us in the loop, and the crux of the matter is how the parties vote, which I don't think either party has made a firm committment one way or another. Unfortunately it's a moot point, as the Conservatives have the votes to pass this on their own anyways.

NorthReport

How do you know?

It definitely was a Liberal talking with another Liberal.

Are you saying Trudeau is not the boss and doesn't vet things like Harper does? Laughing

Pondering

NorthReport wrote:

How do you know?

It definitely was a Liberal talking with another Liberal.

Are you saying Trudeau is not the boss and doesn't vet things like Harper does? Laughing

I know because Kinsella said so.

When I told one of the advisers to Justin Trudeau why I supported the International effort against ISIS/ISIL – and when I pointed out that I agreed with right-wing extremist warmongers like Barack Obama, Lloyd Axworthy and Bob Rae – I was told Messrs. Axworthy, Rae et al. were “traitors” to the party, because they’d disagreed with the leader. That’s a quote. - See more at: http://warrenkinsella.com/2015/01/63-per-cent-of-canadians-are-traitors/...

Kinsella was having a casual conversation with a Liberal advisor who he hasn't named who made the statement. He was expressing his own views not the views of the party or of the leader. No, Trudeau does not vet every word every Liberal says.

Nor did he say that Canadians who support fighting ISIL are all traitors. The unnamed Liberal was obviously referring to Liberals not Canadians in general.

Pondering

Aristotleded24 wrote:

Debater wrote:
According to this French article from Radio-Canada, the NDP is showing 'cautious support' for the Conservative anti-terrorism bill:

Appui prudent du NPD au projet de loi antiterroriste conservateur

http://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/Politique/2015/01/30/003-projet-loi...

https://twitter.com/RadioCanadaInfo/status/561264871904264192

I would like to have seen stronger wording from the Liberals and NDP in terms of voting against this measure, but to give them the benefit of the doubt, perhaps if they "take time to analyze" then they can come back later and say, "we're voting against this bill because of dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah, dah," and give the Opposition more political cover than to respond with, "Harper says black, we say white."

I'm sure some here will be keeping us in the loop, and the crux of the matter is how the parties vote, which I don't think either party has made a firm committment one way or another. Unfortunately it's a moot point, as the Conservatives have the votes to pass this on their own anyways.

[/quote]

Because the Conservatives have a majority both Trudeau and Mulcair will play their cards close to the chest on anything that could backfire on them. Hence their lack of clarity on prostitution and this bill. There is no clear win on either.

NorthReport

How many times has this happened now?

Is the Liberal party run by a bunch of thugs?

Varinder Bhullar, Edmonton Liberal, Accuses Party Of Breaking Open Nominations Pledge

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/02/02/liberals-open-nominations-varind...

NorthReport

Grit nominations: what is news and what isn’t

To suggest that Justin Trudeau has repeatedly broken his promise to have open nominations – in his very first speech as leader, no less – isn’t in any way news. His promise has been broken so many times – here and here and hereinter alia – it is farcical. I do not know a single Liberal outside Trudeau’s insular inner circle who is prepared to argue otherwise.

Trudeau’s “open nominations” are neither – neither open, nor nominations. They are stealth appointments.

http://warrenkinsella.com/2015/02/grit-nominations-what-is-news-and-what...

NorthReport

Liberals, Liberals, Liberals!

Ex-MP fraudster Joe Fontana keeps $122Gs a year pension

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/02/02/ex-mp-fraudster-joe-fontana-keeps-12...

janfromthebruce

NorthReport wrote:

How many times has this happened now?

Is the Liberal party run by a bunch of thugs?

Varinder Bhullar, Edmonton Liberal, Accuses Party Of Breaking Open Nominations Pledge

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/02/02/liberals-open-nominations-varind...

There were so many similarities between what Bhullar said and what went down in the Ontario Sudbury Liberal candidate nomination for the byelection.

1. asked to step aside

2. bribery with political appointments

3. strong armed

4. told can't run for nomination

5. smear campaign

It was must be in the DNA of the Liberal parties of Canada.

thorin_bane

But hey at least they are still keeping their pledge to legalize pot..oh wiat Jodie Emery..nevermind.

NorthReport

 

Liberal dirty tricks?

Pat Martin is treating to sue people who are spreading false rumours that he lives in bc

NorthReport

Chief Morrisseu drops out of race in Thunder Bay

grangerock

A false rumour about Pat Martin living in B.C.--he may come for a vacation in the summer--rarely seen here.

ajaykumar

NorthReport wrote:

Liberals, Liberals, Liberals!

Ex-MP fraudster Joe Fontana keeps $122Gs a year pension

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/02/02/ex-mp-fraudster-joe-fontana-keeps-12...

Thank you and here's an NDPer found guilty. 

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/1159479-zinck-gets-four-months-f....

 

ajaykumar

We dont have to worry about turning left or right, we have a GPS-thanks to our strong fundraising results! The NDP went to the right by removing socialism from constitution, turned hard left after the Ontario Election, and is now driving on the curb.

Jacob Two-Two

It's funny how often our Liberal shills make posts that are totally meaningless. It's even stranger how little they seem to care. I guess if you're the kind of person who cares about logic and substance you wouldn't support the Liberal party in the first place.

Unionist

NorthReport wrote:

 

Liberal dirty tricks?

Pat Martin is treating to sue people who are spreading false rumours that he lives in bc

That's odd. I saw him while shopping last week in Surrey. Stopped to chat, and he said he was renting, but looking to buy.

Should I hire a lawyer?

 

terrytowel

I love Pat Martin. He is so real. We need more outspoken politicans like him.

btw former NDP MP Lorne Nystrom represented a Saskachewan riding for a total of 33 years, while living in Quebec.

No one had a problem with it.

NorthReport

I guess the LIberals, or the Trudeaus, or more precisely Justin, didn't learn anything from the October Crisis of 1970 did he! Talk about overkill.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/02/06/justin-trudeaus-contradict...

Winston

ajaykumar wrote:

Thank you and here's an NDPer found guilty. 

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/1159479-zinck-gets-four-months-f....

_FORMER_ NDPer - Trevor Zinck was booted from the Caucus and the Party. What about the "Senate Liberals"?

Winston

Unionist wrote:

That's odd. I saw him while shopping last week in Surrey. Stopped to chat, and he said he was renting, but looking to buy.

Should I hire a lawyer?

Must be expensive to travel all the way from Montreal to Surrey to do your shopping!

montrealer58 montrealer58's picture

The Liberals are not on the side of civil liberties. Again, another reason the Liberals can make no claim to be "progressive". Civil liberties are non-negotiable.

janfromthebruce

NorthReport wrote:

 

Liberal dirty tricks?

Pat Martin is treating to sue people who are spreading false rumours that he lives in bc

Liberal operatives have been playing this card since 2007. PAT MARTIN CLEARS THE AIR

I asked Pat Martin to respond to the allegations that he lives in B.C. and uses public money to travel there.

Here are two responses he sent me, unedited. He has given me permission to post both:

Hello Tom No problem. Happy to clear this up. I live at 135 canora street since 1992. 215 Ruby street for years before that. I was born and raised in Wpg but my wife Barbara and her whole family are from Vancouver. In 2001 we put a downpayment on a four acre hobby farm on Saltspring Island. It has a 1960′s mobile home on it with an addition, a barn and some outbuildings. It cost $240,000. I borrowed against my Canora St house to come up with the 25 % down payment and carried the mortgage of $180k. Through aggressive payments I am down to about $120k on the mortgage. Most years I try to spend two or three weeks there in the summer and a week or so at Christmas. We have always gone out to BC for Christmas because I have no living family in Wpg anymore and Barbara has her mom, brothers sister and their families. Only failed Liberal candidates have ever tried to suggest I live in BC. Except some of them are too stupid to even get their lies straight. One idiot liberal told a constituent that I lived in the Queen Charlotte Islands!!! I live in Winnipeg. So does my wife who works at a medical clinic on Portage avenue and teaches pre-natal care to new moms in the inner-city. I come home from Ottawa every weekend and you can find me eating at vietnamese restaurants on Sargent avenue every friday night after barbara picks me up from the airport. Then Dim Sum at Kum Koon Garden Sunday before I fly back to Ottawa. It’s not a crime to have an investment, recreation, or retirement property. I don’t drink and don’t smoke and if I choose to use the money I save by clean living paying down the mortgage on a hobby farm on Saltspring Island, that’s my business. I’m very aware how fortunate I am and happy that my wife’s family can take care of it and enjoy it during the months we can’t be there. Thank you for letting me clear this up. See you Tom Pat

I asked Pat specifically about public money used to travel to B.C. His response:

Hello Tom
Sure you can post or print. Full disclosure best bet.
And I am very careful to keep personal travel and public travel separate. There have been times when other legitimate business took me as far as vancouver and I took my vacation starting while out there. Other than that Barbara and I travel out west on frequent flier points or we drive. We always drive in the summer and have driven once at christmas.
I knew people would be watching this especially since I have been very public speaking out against Liberal malfaesance, so have been very careful.
Pat

janfromthebruce

Martin said he was at a party recently where he was told the rumour is also being spread widely by Liberals in the riding, who are gearing up to fight him for the seat later this year, with Robert-Falcon Ouellette on the ballot.

"It's malicious," said Martin. "It's a lie."

MP fed up with 'malicious' tale Vows to sue anyone who spreads B.C. 'lie'

As usual Liberals would prefer playing dirty politics rather than playing politics of policies, positions, past practices.

josh

Ontario MP Eve Adams and parliamentary secretary for health minister Rona Ambrose  announced this morning that she is leaving Stephen Harper’s Conservative Party to join Justin Trudeau’s Liberals because of Harper’s “mean-spirited leadership.” Adams said she cannot abide the government’s plans for income splitting and had strong words for the Conservatives’ plans to scare Canadians

http://www.ipolitics.ca/2015/02/09/eve-adams-crosses-floor-to-liberal-caucus/

terrytowel

Eve Adams Opportunist

If I was Trudeau I would have said thanks, but no thanks.

Pondering

terrytowel wrote:

Eve Adams Opportunist

If I was Trudeau I would have said thanks, but no thanks.

I wish he had but I am guessing this is a huge coup for picking up red Conservatives. I hope this makes it clear to NDP supporters that he isn't pretending to be NDPish.

wage zombie

I guess it also proves that Liberals are not the same as Conservatives, because Eve Adams wants to be a Liberal and not a Conservative, right?

Jacob Two-Two

Pondering wrote:

I wish he had but I am guessing this is a huge coup for picking up red Conservatives. I hope this makes it clear to NDP supporters that he isn't pretending to be NDPish.

He isn't at this moment, but he will again. That's the essence of being a Liberal. Putting on and removing masks as it suits you.

It's clear from Adam's complaints that she is still a Conservative at heart. She hasn't had a change of ideology. She just hates Harper's leadership (and who could blame her). It's telling to me that she feels so comfortable in the Liberal party. Obviously she feels her point of view will be welcome there.

Jacob Two-Two

"One of the keys for the Liberal party to win the election is to convince a lot of people who voted for different parties in the last election to vote for this party now."

Riveting political analysis from Justin. A guy with his kind of insight should be running the country!!

Stockholm

Pondering wrote:

I am guessing this is a huge coup for picking up red Conservatives. 

I doubt that - Eve Adams was already an object of ridicule and is totally worthless. Trudeau gets one feel good news confefrence where he gets wave around a "scalp" like a trophy and then everyone will go back to sleep. Its hard to imagine ANYONE being more likely to vote Liberal because Dimitri Soudas's singularly excreable and abrasive ex-girlfriend has joined the Liberals - after the Conservatives barred her from running again for them because of her unethical practices in trying to win a Conservative nomination.

thorin_bane

Scott brison and Emerson..nuff said.

thorin_bane

Oh and two weeks till she gets a shadow cabinet post

Jacob Two-Two

Whatever her faults, Stock, you shouldn't refer to her as "someone's ex-girlfriend". She's a person in her own right.

Pondering

Stockholm wrote:
I doubt that - Eve Adams was already an object of ridicule and is totally worthless. Trudeau gets one feel good news confefrence where he gets wave around a "scalp" like a trophy and then everyone will go back to sleep. Its hard to imagine ANYONE being more likely to vote Liberal because Dimitri Soudas's singularly excreable and abrasive ex-girlfriend has joined the Liberals - after the Conservatives barred her from running again for them because of her unethical practices in trying to win a Conservative nomination.

It lessens the fear that he is too far left.

josh

Fear on the part of whom?

Stockholm

Jacob Two-Two wrote:

Whatever her faults, Stock, you shouldn't refer to her as "someone's ex-girlfriend". She's a person in her own right.

She is not "someone's ex-girlfriend" she is was involved with Dmitri Soudas  who was Harper's Director of Communication and then National Director of the Conservative Party of Canada. He dumped his wife and children for her (and she did likewise for him) and then got fired for trying to rig a CPC nomination contest on her behalf...now they have apparently broken up, she is now a Liberal and Soudas is trying to get a rigged CPC nomination for himself - its almost as pathetic and Belinda Stronach and Peter McKay

Stockholm

thorin_bane wrote:

Oh and two weeks till she gets a shadow cabinet post

That's no big deal since the Liberals have fewer MPs than there are cabinet portfolios to criticize - even someone as brain-dead as Lise St. Denis is supposedly a critic for something or other...

Unionist

Stockholm wrote:

Jacob Two-Two wrote:

Whatever her faults, Stock, you shouldn't refer to her as "someone's ex-girlfriend". She's a person in her own right.

She is not "someone's ex-girlfriend" she is was involved with Dmitri Soudas  who was Harper's Director of Communication and then National Director of the Conservative Party of Canada. He dumped his wife and children for her (and she did likewise for him) and then got fired for trying to rig a CPC nomination contest on her behalf...now they have apparently broken up, she is now a Liberal and Soudas is trying to get a rigged CPC nomination for himself - its almost as pathetic and Belinda Stronach and Peter McKay

Where the heck is the Babble Idle Gossip and Scandal forum when we need it?

 

Pages