Toews a Twitter

124 posts / 0 new
Last post
pogge

Boom Boom wrote:

P&P had an expert and he said it could be anyone, because there's no way you can tie down who's on that one computer just using an IP address.

In fact, they've only connected a gateway IP address that might serve hundreds of computers to someone accessing a gmail account. There could be more than one person with access to the email account and the one who visited the website that the Ottawa Citizen set up isn't necessarily the same one who tweeted. A lot of the tweets look scripted -- as if they were set up to post automatically at regular intervals from an unattended machine.

They really don't have much of anything at all.

laine lowe laine lowe's picture

The whole messy adultery and baby out of headlock affair was definitely reported in Winnipeg and is most certainly in the public domain. To waste time and money on investigating vikileaks is an insult to the lack of time and money spent on investigating all the missing and murdered Aboriginal women in this country.

Like others, I'm not keen on dragging personal family stuff into the limelight but when you're dealing with such hypocrites, I do enjoy the karmic justice. And to think that the national press suppressed this dirt while pouncing on the Jack busted in a massage parlour crap. More hypocrisy from the usual cast of clowns.

Still, the spying on Canadians aka let's pretend we're after child pornographers bill was severly beaten by these events and for that, grand KUDOS to whomever created vikileaks.

And the #tellviceverything campaign is comedy gold.

vaudree
bekayne

 

[/quote]

You're right. When I saw the dollar totals, I assumed he was going to Hy's Steakhouse in Ottawa and dining on prime rib and fine wines. Then I saw that he was actually dropping hundreds of dollars at Winnipeg House of Pancakes. Who the hell can eat that many fucking pancakes??

[/quote]

Maybe he took Senator Duffy to brunch

bekayne
Michelle

The Downfall parodies never get old, do they?  This one, however, is probably one of the best ones I've seen yet!

M. Spector M. Spector's picture

A few years back someone made a Downfall parody depicting the reaction of the Canadian Federation of Students to a number of disaffiliation campaigns taking place on university campuses across the country. The ever-litigious and humour-challenged CFS commenced a legal action for libel, claiming the video was saying the CFS was akin to the Nazi Party!

Debater

Arthur Cramer wrote:

On CTV News about 20 minutes ago, Craig Oliver said "some people say the NDP is responsible for the posts about Toews", what is this, Fox News North? He knows that IP has been used by both Lib and Tory. I hate it when this guys do that. I would have expected a little better from him. Again, someone want to tell me why CTV is better then CBC?

Why would CTV be better than CBC?  CTV is even more Conservative.  CTV and Mike Duffy practically endorsed Harper in the 2008 election, and Duff was rewarded with a Senate seat.

Stockholm

FYI: inWarren Kinsella's column today he implies that Justin Trudeau and Ralph Goodale were responsible for "vikileaks30"

Merowe

I still don't understand why Harper's personal life gets a pass, here and across the Canadian media establishment, a 100% shut-out, its been like this for years. He trades on his contrived paleolithic morality, why can't we beat him over the head with it? We're just too fucking polite I guess; but I for one would love to see this dragged into the light.

I suppose there is the fear of very real counterattack, or is it just an appeal to decency, to avoid the gutter? Or is there an element of 'think of the children' for I suppose there are some innocents involved?

I write this because I have some pretty good Ottawa connections and I just got some fresh detail on matters Harper/homefront....a rich feast indeed.

Howard

Is Vic Toews constituency website down? I can't find a working link.

Boom Boom Boom Boom's picture

Paul Dewar releases a statement calling on Vic Toews to resign.

 

Over the past week, the Minister of Public Safety has failed his ministerial responsibilities.

First he introduced Bill C-30 which undermines Canadians' online privacy. Then he accused Canadians who raised privacy concerns of supporting child pornography. Today we learned that he had not even reviewed the most intrusive provisions of the bill before introducing it in the House of Commons.

Canadians expect better. I call on Mr. Toews to step down as Minister of Public Safety.

The buck stops with the Prime Minister. He must hold his cabinet members to account.

Howard

Boom Boom wrote:

Paul Dewar releases a statement calling on Vic Toews to resign.

 

Over the past week, the Minister of Public Safety has failed his ministerial responsibilities.

First he introduced Bill C-30 which undermines Canadians' online privacy. Then he accused Canadians who raised privacy concerns of supporting child pornography. Today we learned that he had not even reviewed the most intrusive provisions of the bill before introducing it in the House of Commons.

Canadians expect better. I call on Mr. Toews to step down as Minister of Public Safety.

The buck stops with the Prime Minister. He must hold his cabinet members to account.

Paul Dewar is right. Good on Mr. Dewar.

Boom Boom Boom Boom's picture

Absolutely. That was the right thing to do. I'm surprised I haven't seen more MPs speak out - or maybe they have?

Lachine Scot

Polunatic2 wrote:

 

Dan Savage does horoscopes for NOW magazine in Toronto (among other things) and is usually a fun read. 

 

Just to clarify, he doesn't write horoscopes, he writes a sex advice column called Savage Love that runs in a lot of free weeklies around north america. He also does a podcast version called Savage Lovecast which you can download weekly, I'm a pretty big fan.

He's not exactly perfect politically, for example he had supported the 2nd Iraq war for a while before it became unpopular. His advice on racial or transgendered relationship issues are often naive or wrong-headed. However, he's still one of the best spokespersons for the left in the US and isn't afraid of calling out conservatives on their hypocrisy.

Stockholm

My hats off to Dan Savage for his "google bombing" of Santorum. Imagine how many people are googling the word "Santorum" now that the idiot is rising in the GOP polls and getting a nice surprise!

Stockholm

Merowe wrote:

I still don't understand why Harper's personal life gets a pass, here and across the Canadian media establishment, a 100% shut-out, its been like this for years. He trades on his contrived paleolithic morality, why can't we beat him over the head with it? We're just too fucking polite I guess; but I for one would love to see this dragged into the light.

I suppose there is the fear of very real counterattack, or is it just an appeal to decency, to avoid the gutter? Or is there an element of 'think of the children' for I suppose there are some innocents involved?

I write this because I have some pretty good Ottawa connections and I just got some fresh detail on matters Harper/homefront....a rich feast indeed.

So you're leaving us sitting on hot coals in anticipation. What's the scoop?

bekayne

Stockholm wrote:

FYI: inWarren Kinsella's column today he implies that Justin Trudeau and Ralph Goodale were responsible for "vikileaks30"

No, he was criticizing them for tweeting the address. The  funniest part of the column was where he wrote that Toews was now a "sympathetic" figure.

theleftyinvestor

Today's Malcom Mayes cartoon in the Edmonton Journal:

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/opinion/editorial-cartoons/index.html

 

Absolutely brilliant.

Boom Boom Boom Boom's picture

Meanwhile, south of the border:

Boom Boom Boom Boom's picture

theleftyinvestor wrote:

Today's Malcom Mayes cartoon in the Edmonton Journal:

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/opinion/editorial-cartoons/index.html

 

Absolutely brilliant.

Wow! Sharing on Facebook.

janfromthebruce

it was super cartoon BB and I shared on my FB page too!

bagkitty bagkitty's picture

Lachine Scot wrote:

[...]

He's not exactly perfect politically, for example he had supported the 2nd Iraq war for a while before it became unpopular. His advice on racial or transgendered relationship issues are often naive or wrong-headed. However, he's still one of the best spokespersons for the left in the US and isn't afraid of calling out conservatives on their hypocrisy.

Offered in evidence, Dan Savage writing in The Stranger this weekend about the Paul Babeu affair in Arizona:

Quote:

People are presumed to be straight if they don't identify themselves as gay. And unless a guy is wearing a dress or a girl is holding a wrench, straight is the default assumption. (Not all dress-wearing men are gay, not all wrench-wielding women are lesbians.) But a man who goes to CPAC and insists that he's the only "real conservative" in his race, a man who IDs himself on his campaign website as a "true conservative," is going to be presumed to be straight by the kind of assholes who attend CPAC and by the kind of assholes who vote in GOP primaries. But the assumptions don't end there. In this political climate, with "conservative" now synonymous with political homophobia, a man who claims to be a "true conservative" doesn't just default straight. He defaults bigoted. Conservative voters will assume he holds anti-gay political beliefs and they will expect him to vote anti-gay should he be elected to office. So Sheriff Babeu stood to benefit politically-and may have actively sought to benefit politically-from the assumption that he was 1. straight and 2. anti-gay.

Yes, he sums some things up nicely.

quizzical

T'anks for the stuff on Dan Savage.

CBC Vancouver was minimizing Toews "personal life" this morning still.

How old was the babysitter Toews got pregnant does anyone know?

 

 

vaudree

Going through Question Period withdrawal - though I think Toews may be a bit relieve that QP is not in session.

janfromthebruce

it's about those presumptions one makes that "some" people will gain by and know it.

NorthReport

I'm a bit surprised how quiet this thread has become. This clown needs to be run out of town on a rail, and the sooner the better.

 

http://thetyee.ca/Blogs/TheHook/Federal-Politics/2012/02/21/Toews-Must-G...

Doug

Anonymous has now gone further and revealed the name of Toews' mistress. She is, according to them, Stacey Meek, an assistant of Conservative Senator Terry Stratton. Oh how embarrassing!

Howard

This deserves some more support: Spreading Santorum. It is the website Matt Savage put together to bring credit to Rick Santorum's name. I'm not sure if this is correct, but I beliebe that every time it is linked to from an external website, it rises in the google rankings. Santorum has had to spend millions with web consultants to try and get his presidential website to appear above Spreading Santorum and its blogspot on Google. Given his recent success (last few months), I am wondering if he didn't cut a side deal with google. Anyways, if you feel so inclined, spread the word.

Howard

Howard wrote:

Is Vic Toews constituency website down? I can't find a working link.

It looks like the site is back up. Vic Toews would undoubtedly appreciate having feedback from members of the public at his Parliamentary Hill Office email address: vic.toews at parl.gc.ca

For more info, here is his information on the Parliament of Canada website.

Lachine Scot

Doug wrote:

Anonymous has now gone further and revealed the name of Toews' mistress. She is, according to them, Stacey Meek, an assistant of Conservative Senator Terry Stratton. Oh how embarrassing!

Funny! But, was her identity unknown before?

vaudree

Howard, look up romney. :evil

Anonymous said that everyone is fair game except for the neices and the 4 year old son.  They basically named the people that they have information on.  Thus, it is not just Toews whose secrets will be revealed.  I bet Toews is having a romney right about now.

Howard

vaudree wrote:

Howard, look up romney. :evil

Too funny and worth spreading. Be sure to click on the word link if you don't immediately get the reference.

Debater

The Conservatives are so disgusting.

1.  They have no right to be complaining since as people like Craig Oliver have had to concede, the information revealed is not confidential or breaking the law and is in the public record in divorce court.

2.  Unless the Conservatives have proof of who did all the leaking, they have no right to accuse the NDP or anyone else of being behind it without solid evidence.

3.  They seem to forget Vic T. deserves to be exposed for his hypocritical behaviour anyway.  Vic T. was the Newt Gingrich of Canada - a family values man who defended traditional marriage against immorality and debasement by gays and then turns around and becomes a lying, hypocritical adulterer.  Someone who was one of the biggest opponents of our gay marriage bill in 2005 and then turns out to be a such a disgusting hypocrite should have been exposed by the press anyway.

Howard

Debater wrote:

The Conservatives are so disgusting.

1.  They have no right to be complaining since as people like Craig Oliver have had to concede, the information revealed is not confidential or breaking the law and is in the public record in divorce court.

2.  Unless the Conservatives have proof of who did all the leaking, they have no right to accuse the NDP or anyone else of being behind it without solid evidence.

3.  They seem to forget Vic T. deserves to be exposed for his hypocritical behaviour anyway.  Vic T. was the Newt Gingrich of Canada - a family values man who defended traditional marriage against immorality and debasement by gays and then turns around and becomes a lying, hypocritical adulterer.  Someone who was one of the biggest opponents of our gay marriage bill in 2005 and then turns out to be a such a disgusting hypocrite should have been exposed by the press anyway.

Seconded.

Ippurigakko

Conservatives ve been learn from US Republican style.

Why not change name party - Republican Party of Canada not CPC? lol

vaudree

Re Spreading:

Howard - remind me never to eat sandwiches at your place. :evil

Charlie Angus seems to be chomping at the bit to go after Toews.

The problem with the Tories is that there is so much unethical behaviour, it is hard to know what target to shoot at.

Debater

The problem is also that as we saw in the last election, unless there is a 'smoking gun', it's hard to get Canadians to throw the Conservatives out.

Howard

Debater wrote:

 Someone who was one of the biggest opponents of our gay marriage bill in 2005 and then turns out to be a such a disgusting hypocrite should have been exposed by the press anyway.

The media is too cozy with the politicians of all parties.

NDPP

Operation Vic Tory: Anonymous Gives Public Safety Minister Vic Towes Deadline for Bill C-30 (and vid)

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/02/25/anonymous-vic-toews-bill-c30-vid...

 

Bill C-30 Opens Canada To Big Brother Inc. Business: Geist

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/1136406--bill-c-30-opens-canada-...

Maysie Maysie's picture

Vikileaks was the work of a Liberal

Quote:

A statement from Mr. Rae, distributed by his office.

"I learned yesterday that an investigation into the online activities of Parliamentary staff conducted by the Office of the Speaker of the House of Commons has found a link between the @Vikileaks30 social media account and an employee of the Liberal Research Bureau.

On behalf of the Liberal Caucus, I wish to apologize to Minister Toews and Speaker Scheer for the improper use of a parliamentary account and for sharing personal information intended to embarrass Minister Toews.

The employee involved has advised me that he took this initiative on his own, has apologised for his action, regrets the embarrassment he has caused and has offered his resignation. In the circumstances I have accepted it.

I shall be making clear that political controversy is one thing, personal attacks are another."

 

Maysie Maysie's picture
Polunatic2

For the next three years we're going to hear from Harper about how the Liberal Party promoted Vicileaks as part of their culture of dirty tricks. But when it comes to robocalling, the Cons will tell us that it was a young, lone, over-zealous staffer and does not reflect at all on the Con Party. 

Maysie Maysie's picture

Plus, none of the vikileaks info was private, it was all available to the public. 

I say, the Liberals are getting pretty desperate to get back into the news.

Lou Arab Lou Arab's picture

Debater, didn't you say you worked for the Liberals?

 

Maysie wrote:

Liberals fire staffer behind vikileaks tweets

NorthReport

As I suspected all along this reeked of Liberal tactics.

Liberal staffer behind 'Vikileaks' campaign

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/02/27/pol-liberals-vikileaks....

NorthReport

Baird is such a talk before he thinks jerk!

NorthReport

More confirmation that the Cons and Liberals are all part and parcel of the same package.

M. Spector M. Spector's picture

Am I the only one who thinks Bob Rae was an idiot to apologize to Harper and fire the staffer?

I'm glad he did, though, because the Twitterati are going to realize what a chickenshit he really is.

bagkitty bagkitty's picture

Speaking of apologies, when is attack-dog Baird going to apologize to the official opposition for smearing them as being responsible... oh, as long ago as last week?

Pages

Topic locked