THRIVE: Multicultural Women's Coalition Against Violence and Oppression presents
Call to Organize Against violence and oppression
*Are YOU interested in working to end violence and oppression against women of colour, Aboriginal Women and their communities?
*Are YOU interested in actively working for social change, specifically by combating all forms of oppression based on gender, race, sexuality, ability, class, age, faith, immigration status, education, poverty, language, and imperialism?
*Are YOU interested in actively working towards the creation of an environment that supports the development of anti-oppressive attitudes, behaviours, and practices?
THEN BECOME INVOLVED WITH THRIVE!
2010 SPRING COALITION MEETING
DATE: Thurs. April 22, 2010
LOCATION: 519 Church St.
RSVP to: [email protected] by Thurs. April 18, 2010
ASL, Childcare available on request by April 11
Food will be provided
Established in 2002, THRIVE, Multicultural Women's Coalition Against Violence and Oppression, is a coalition of diverse agencies and individuals committed to ending violence and oppression against women of colour, Aboriginal Women, and their communities by:
▪ Developing analyses and strategies to combat violence against women of colour and Aboriginal women
▪ Providing training, community-based research, and political advocacy with and for women of colour and Aboriginal women.
Past Actions and Support
▪ Organized '16 Days to THRIVE'
▪ Supporter of the Don't Ask, Don't Tell Campaign (DADT) in Toronto
▪ Member of the Rights of Non-Status Women Network
For more information about THRIVE and how to get involved please contact:
Jessica Mustachi, Safety Program Assistant, METRAC
416-397-0258 ▪ [email protected]