The demonization of China

494 posts / 0 new
Last post
Michael Moriarity Michael Moriarity's picture

Thanks for the interesting articles. They give me plenty to think about.

WWWTT

NDPP wrote:

China Appreciates 37 Foreign Ambassadors' Joint Letter Supporting Xinjiang Policy

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2019-07/15/c_138229200.htm

This link fits in my thread perfectly. Thanks NDPP!

From the link above

"China has invited a number of diplomats, international organizations officials and journalists to Xinjiang to witness the progress of the human rights cause and the outcomes of counter-terrorism and de-radicalization there," they said, adding that what they saw and heard in Xinjiang completely contradicted what was reported in Western media.

"We call on relevant countries to refrain from employing unfounded charges against China based on unconfirmed information before they visit Xinjiang," the ambassadors stressed.

 

NDPP

Pompeo Calls China's Treatment of Uyghurs "Stain of History'

https://twitter.com/TsarKastik/status/1152579385733603329

"The Chinese have a real problem with Saudi-style Islam (Wahhabism) coming into the country. US is siding with extremists..."

NDPP

How Did China Suddenly Become the Bogeyman? (and vid)

https://twitter.com/georgegalloway/status/1250899607263031298

"The global community is rushing to blame China for the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic. How fair are these allegations?"

Watch all the same pseudo-leftists who profess to hate Trump so much nonetheless join him in the building anti-China offensive. Watch the same pseudo-leftists simultaneously proclaim how much they love the Chinese people.

epaulo13 epaulo13's picture

Don’t Blame China For Your Government’s COVID-19 Failures

quote:

There are currently around 1.36 million reported COVID-19 cases globally, with more than 76,000 deaths. China accounts for just 6 per cent of all cases, and 4.4 per cent of deaths. Yesterday, China reported no new deaths for the first time since January.

Countries in the West, meanwhile, have gone into lockdown, hospitals have been overwhelmed and markets are crashing. There appears to be no clear end in sight for us here.

Despite that, a group of ideologues already have their eyes on the post-pandemic world, and are concerned China may emerge as the new global superpower. As part of an effort to prevent this, these figures think other countries should hold China “accountable” for the pandemic, and are working to create popular demand among the public for this to happen.

In his 1997 book Blackshirts and Reds: Rational Fascism and the Overthrow of Communism, political scientist Michael Parenti wrote, “In the United States, for over a hundred years, the ruling interests tirelessly propagated anticommunism among the populace, until it became more like a religious orthodoxy than a political analysis. During the Cold War, the anticommunist ideological framework could transform any data about existing communist societies into hostile evidence.”

We’re currently seeing that happen with China, from columnists, reporters and politicians alike. 

When the Chinese government had yet to put millions of people into lockdown, it was because they cared about their image more than fighting a pandemic. When they did enforce a lockdown, it wasn’t about fighting a pandemic, but a totalitarian move for more power.

When China was reporting hundreds of deaths a day, it was proof their government was incompetent because of just how bad the numbers were. When death counts dwindled, it was proof they were lying about numbers. 

When global health organizations say anything remotely critical about China’s handling of the pandemic, it’s proof the country should be punished. When they say anything positive, it’s proof they were bought off by China.

When China had yet to send aid to other countries, they were portrayed as cruel. When they did send aid, it was portrayed as a propaganda effort.

When Chinese citizens complain about the government, it’s a sign the entire state is on the verge of collapse. When Chinese citizens praise the government, it’s evidence they’re being forced or brainwashed. 

COVID-19 does appear to have originated in China, and so it makes sense, to an extent, that the country will be part of most conversations about the pandemic. However, this isn’t the reason these ideologues have focused so intently on China. Instead, it’s because of the ideological function their attacks serve. 

Those in power, or adjacent to power, in the West see their government failing to deal with COVID-19, but don’t want to shoulder any blame. So, instead of criticizing policies they adopted, or failed to adopt, they direct anger outward. 

Sean in Ottawa

It think one of the problems here is that there is some truth to the stories. China did screw up on this. In fact they would look pretty bad if it were not the fact that this virus has drawn unbelivably bad responses from just about every government. China has not lied more than most counties and its performance on action is not morse than most. 

I completely agree that the China criticism is deflection. It is also worth noting that sisnce China experienced this first it would have been expected to have more difficulty responding on time. Other countries could see their experience and learn.

I would say that in many ways the demonization of China has resulted in more death and economic destruction around the world than any other single influence. If other countries had respected China's crisis more and prepared themselves against the threat, then this may have been controlled earlier. It is the idea that other ocuntries looked down on China that they failed to appreciate what was happening. Amercian exceptionalism in particular repeated this with Italy somhow imagining they could do better without testing properly or having the necessary equipment just because they were the USA.

I predict more waves as the US and others still fail to understand the threat this poses.

As for blaming China -- they had a hard time identifying, accepting and acting like many countries. Evidence shows this is a naturally produced virus.

The reason that China is emerging as a leader is due to the behaviourof the US which abadonned that role. Further the real problems with the Chinese government appear to be standing alongside many other countries that do not compare enarly as well to China as they pretend to.

kropotkin1951

Sean in Ottawa wrote:

It think one of the problems here is that there is some truth to the stories. China did screw up on this. In fact they would look pretty bad if it were not the fact that this virus has drawn unbelievably bad responses from just about every government. China has not lied more than most counties and its performance on action is not worse than most.

I disagree that we should be pointing fingers at the Chinese government and people even if it is only one out of ten. There is no truth to the lies that they did not honestly and forthrightly deal with the pandemic as it emerged. To say anything else is sabre rattling rhetoric. I for one will not amplify it by saying China screwed up. Saying that when it is not really true is not helpful.

Of course when the real story is unreported in Canada's MSM and the fake news is reported 44 times it is easy to think there is something to the story. Tell a lie often enough and with enough conviction and many people believe it. The problem is the spin that the Canadian media is giving a false news story. I include in my definition of false news all stories that contain some items of truth but not all relevant information. The piece has already been posted and is an excellent investigation into the current biased and distorted coverage that the propaganda mill is putting out. It appears that the Postmedia people and other elements of our masters' MSM have a very real agenda and it is not peace, which is my agenda.

 

The story goes that a doctor found out about a new virus, tried to tell the world, was arrested and imprisoned, and then died from the virus. Commentators claim China did this because they wanted to cover up the existence of a deadly virus in the country, and that the result was COVID-19 spreading quicker and further than it otherwise would have. 

Most of this narrative is false, or at least based on half-truths

Doctor Li Wenliang was an ophthalmologist, not an epidemiologist. He initially misidentified the novel coronavirus as evidence of a SARS outbreak. He shared that claim, along with patients’ medical records, in a WeChat group on December 30 with a few colleagues, not to any hospitals or public health organizations. Li was not arrested or imprisoned. He was called in to a police station on January 3, after a screenshot from his WeChat group leaked and caused panic. At the station, he was reprimanded for falsely claiming there was a SARS outbreak, asked to sign a document pledging not to continue spreading the misinformation and then was free to leave. Unfortunately, it’s true that Li did die on February 7 from COVID-19, which he reportedly got from treating one of his patients who had been infected. 

This narrative also serves to distract from another sequence of events. 

On December 26, Zhang Jixian, the director of respiratory and critical care at Hubei Provincial Hospital, noticed that four patients in her unit who sought treatment for suspected pneumonia — an elderly couple, their son and someone who had come in from a seafood market — all had similar and unusual CT images, which led her to believe they were suffering from something else. The next day, Zhang — who played a crucial role in combating the 2003 SARS outbreak — reported it to the head of her hospital. Within the next two days, the information was passed on to the provincial Centers for Disease Control, which then initiated full scale research into the hospital.

All of this took place before Li shared those screenshots in his WeChat group. Zhang wasn’t punished for her efforts — she was given an award by the regional government.

I used the ProQuest database to search through the entire print editions of the five publications I mentioned earlier in the article. Li was mentioned 44 times between them. Zhang wasn’t mentioned at all. 

https://readpassage.com/dont-blame-china-for-your-governments-failure-to...

Sean in Ottawa

kropotkin1951 wrote:

I disagree that we should be pointing fingers at the Chinese government and people even if it is only one out of ten. There is no truth to the lies that they did not honestly and forthrightly deal with the pandemic as it emerged. To say anything else is sabre rattling rhetoric. I for one will not amplify it by saying China screwed up. Saying that when it is not really true is not helpful.

I do not think all the stories are true but I think China did screw up and that there are lessons to be learned here: That lesson is in the failure of ALL govenrments that have confronted this virus.

China admitted publicly that it had. It has walked back on that due to aggression from abroad but it was quite candid a few weeks ago. If we were writing on a MSM comment section I would not dare to say this for how it would be taken. Here, I think we may want to confront the major lesson of this virus:

Every government in the world has responded badly. They have all moved so slowly that their response was wholly or partially compromised. This is remarkable given that we have virtually every model of government you can possibly imagine failing for the same reason.

I have defended China here from the point of view that it has done no worse than other governments and better than many. I have also said that there are lessons to learn later and blaming will not produce these lessons. Still, we may not have enough time to fix this.

China's failure being mirrored by one country after another (others in some ways worse than China becuase they did this in the face of the Chinese experience). I submit that this is indicative of a fundamental flaw of how governance works. 

Governments study things to death and move cautiously. Bureaucratic distance means things take time to filter up. Front line information when it comes to science takes a very long time to reach decision makers.

The scientific decisions of governments run through the political arms. They are subject to the standard policy need for overwhelming justification. Such justification is a good idea for most public policy - constructed on proposals and artificial deadlines. However, in a pandemic, the principle must be the "precautionary principle." As well communicaitons between front-line scientists and political decision-makers need to be created. We have all heard of the fabled "red phone" between the USSR and the US from the cold war era. There ought to be such a phone between a country's scientists and the political leadership. And planning should not be shortchanged as it seems to have been everywhere.

When it comes to this virus we are hearing many reports globally of the difficulty in front line scientists getting the information to the political class. It seems not one coumtry managed this and that inlcudes China.

Public health threats should be seperated from most other government policy which is subjected to the need for rigor in proving the foundation of an initiative. They must respect the precautionary principle where once a threat is determined as possubke - certain actions are taken; once probable, additional actions are taken. No need to prove definitively to get action taken. No government has done this and this has been a root cause for all govenrment failures including Canada, Europe and China.

US is a special case and I will set it aside.

Moving back to China. It seems that the Who was mislead by China. Forget the political bullshit in this: a very likely reason for this is that the people communicating with the WHO at the political level lacked effectitve communication with the front line scientists and likely did not even place this as a priority and may not have known the truth at material times.

To fix this EVERY country would have to create a communications early warning system to advise policy makers and those policy makers would have to deploy the precautionary principle. This would have to be backed up by a plan.

I place this here becuase we should not be refusing to question any country but this questioning should not begin and end with a partisan or nationalistic criticism - certainly not racism -  but one that looks at the design of government and asks how could we all get it so wrong.

Remarkably, there is some evidence that most countries not only made the same mistake but they did it over similar-lengthed time frames. 

 

kropotkin1951

Sean I disagree with your post, I think your facts are not sufficient to point fingers at China and certainly not to claim that they "mislead" the WHO. Based on your post I think you get most of your "facts" from the type of US propaganda sites that North Report spams this board with daily.

I think there are a few countries that have shown that their systems and responses have worked and should be applauded. I think China is in that group along with New Zealand and South Korea and Norway and Finland.  I would not deem as a Canadian to claim they are doing anything wrong when I look at the cluster fuck that our "national" response comes down to. Daily platitudes from our PM but no masks or other equipment rolling off the assembly lines and heading to the hundreds of thousands of front line health care workers trying to contain this pandemic.

Sean in Ottawa

kropotkin1951 wrote:

Sean I disagree with your post, I think your facts are not sufficient to point fingers at China and certainly not to claim that they "mislead" the WHO. Based on your post I think you get most of your "facts" from the type of US propaganda sites that North Report spams this board with daily.

I think there are a few countries that have shown that their systems and responses have worked and should be applauded. I think China is in that group along with New Zealand and South Korea and Norway and Finland.  I would not deem as a Canadian to claim they are doing anything wrong when I look at the cluster fuck that our "national" response comes down to. Daily platitudes from our PM but no masks or other equipment rolling off the assembly lines and heading to the hundreds of thousands of front line health care workers trying to contain this pandemic.

Kropotkin: please take this advice and consider it before responding: Certianly you can disagree and that is your opinion. Where this starts to be offensive is when you continue into a judgement of where I get my information. Then you cherry pick parts of a post out of context to contradict other parts. We have had a number of blow-ups in the past starting with this condescending type of judgement from you.

Since we both can access exactly the same news you are trying to say you are either smarter, morally superior or have better judgment. Usually when you do this you get a furious response back. Then you proceed to try to judge me as having other defects - of being an imperialist and so forth. All for having the temerity of expressing an opinion you dislike. Eventually the moderator comes in and tells us both to shut up. Then you rinse and repeat.

I am not ever going to bow in the face of this tactic and I should not have to. This is your defect not mine.

You are not better than me. You do not have better selection of media. You do not think better than me. Your judgement is not better than mine.

You should stop at simply stating a disagreement.

This extra garbage of finding some passive aggressive way of attacking a person by arrrogantly making presumptions about some defect in their ability to get good information is picking a fight. You keep doing this.

This is a rare example where things have been peaceful and there is no overlapping previous case for you to hide behind. 

This is the initial seed of what often ends up in a fight that nobody remembers the start of it -- except me. I know why I am angry. This post is like the start of so many of these. Either you genuinely think that you have some direct access to truth and judgement, that you are so certain of your superority, or this is an aggressive debating tactic. Either way it is offensive and the cause of years of fights between you and me. Try some reflection and just cut this out.

Be willing to state an opinion, back it with facts or simply state disagreement and not try to back it up with some suggestion of your superiority.

I do not think that anyone here should have to defer to your aggressive assertations of your superior intellect/morality/judgement/Virtue/Political correctness or whatever you think it is.

I express my opinions based on all the sources and judgement I have. I am not a western media dupe and anytime you want to suggest I am at least admit that you are starting a fight - on purpose. If you think that is not the case, well, you are not nearly as smart or have as good judgement as you think.

As far as the content:

You are cherrypicking: I have argued all countries have responded poorly and explained this. You ignore all the logic behind what I said in order to advance an opinion that you apparently are so smart about but cannot be bothered to defend except by arrogance.

I also clarified that the process of government created delays and that the people informing the WHO may not have had the information themselves. Problems existed in the transfer of information. As well I made arguments about governments requiring absolute justification instead of applying the precautionary principle. I stated we may have to rethink this aspect of how governments come to decisions and how they communicate. You ignored all that. Given the effort I put into my post. The reading behind it (I often research my posts) and the investment in writing words -- that clearly answer your ridiculous assertions-- you just dissmiss it all. 

This is why we fight on this site. Stop judging other people as defective whenever they disagree with you. This actually shows how defective you are, a person incapable of learning and change, incapable of dealing with people in a constructive way.

As for your suggestion China has done no wrong see the below. Reread my post and you can see how EXTREMELY careful I was to say that they did not make more mistakes than anyone else or even a differant type of mistake. There are communications issues within governments and judgement issues that this virus has exposed as a trend across virtually all major gobvernments in the world. 

Set your arrogance aside. Read with an open mind. Take off the rose coloured glasses. Park the hostility. And maybe you can learn what other people are understanding and sharing rather than spend your time fighting to preserve your opinion and ram this unchanging thing down the throats of others.

I presented an analysis of how this virus showed weaknesess in how government (in general) works.

Here is the mayor of Wuhan as covvered in the People's daily. CAre to propose a more Sino-friendly publication I should read instead?

"We understand that the public is unsatisfied with our information disclosure. On one hand, we failed to disclose relevant information in a timely manner; on the other, we did not make sufficient use of valid information to improve our work," he said in an interview with China Central Television.

"As for the late disclosure, I hope the public can understand that it's an infectious disease, and relevant information should be released according to the law," he said. "As a local government, we can only disclose information after being authorized."

https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202001/27/WS5e2e9f69a310128217273628.html

also worth a look:

scmp.com/news/china/politics/article/3047230/wuhan-mayor-under-pressure-resign-over-response-coronavirus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw92dmRcrms

This is long I know. But Kropotkin - if it would be possible to reach you and get you to see how you infuriate this would be a perfect example.

ETA: You know nobody writes for free. we work to preapre ideas to echange them with interested people who may engage in the stuff we have put a lot of thought into. This spreaying of arrogance and fight-picking shuts down these conversations. It makes this place barren of any real exchange other than a repetition of the same stuff you can find anywhere. So I am angry becuase the opportunity to discuss this idea I had and prepared about the weaknesses of all govenrments is buried in crap and nobody will be able to find it or dare to come in to run the gauntlet of Kropotkin insults and put downs. Before you tell me I am over-reacting -- I put a lot of effort into these things. This retort to your shit you dumbed on it is a small investment compared to the reading, thinking and writing that was behond that post.

Do we want this site to about quick retorts and put downs or do we want people to excercise their intelects and engage on content? That is what this fight is about. 

Isn't this the place where we could be talking about what all governments have in common as they flail on this virus? 

Fine to disagree -- all good -- nice if out back it up but you can still leave it there - but to dismiss the writer making an effort in this way. You are bloody well right if you conclude that I have been fucking fed up with this tactic on this site for probably about 5 yearts. This tactic is so easy that real thought, logic, preparation, ideas and experience have no match for it. It is the reason thinking people have left and what we have left is a festival of elementary school taunts from people that think the sun shines out of their arses.

kropotkin1951

Sean sorry but your posting style pisses me off many days and I just can't help responding. I will try harder to not respond to you because you take all my posts as personal attacks. I don't dislike you I just despise your mushy middle of the road everything is equivalent world viewpoint. I am sure that as a human being you are just fine but I find your political views to be exceedingly mainstream and in this culture that means I think you accept the dominate paradigm.

Sean in Ottawa

kropotkin1951 wrote:

Sean sorry but your posting style pisses me off many days and I just can't help responding. I will try harder to not respond to you because you take all my posts as personal attacks. I don't dislike you I just despise your mushy middle of the road everything is equivalent world viewpoint. I am sure that as a human being you are just fine but I find your political views to be exceedingly mainstream and in this culture that means I think you accept the dominate paradigm.

I don't care what you think of my postinging style or my politics. I should not have to care. I back up my opinions and analysis and stand by them. 

I do not attack you becuase I dislike your boring predictability, shallow biases or lack of logical or factual content. We only fight when you pull your arrogant claims to superiority and place it alongside your intellectual cowardice where you refuse to back up any of your attacks with anything other than insult. Things turn into personal fights with you becuase that is all that your posts are about. There is no content to respond other than your claim to be better than others and a demand that this should be accepted.

I am not letting you away with this when it comes to things I have worked on. 

I always despised bullies and that is what you are. I have not seen you present an original thought or interesting analysis - all you do is bring some rewarmed stuff here, usually the same old song, and attack the people you think do not measure up. 

You are a lightweight boring coward who makes up for it by being a bully. I  prefer a bloody nose than to kiss the feet of a bully. You don't have to ignore my posts. Just stop hiding your vacuous spinelessness behind insults and we can be fine.

I will never attack you personally if you do not go first but I don't feel the need to ignore it when you do. 

kropotkin1951

Sean what is your academic background. My boring predictability, shallow biases and lack of logical or factual content got me on the Dean's list the last year of my BA program in Political Studies. I am certainly glad my Professors did not share your mundane views. I have a degree in Political Studies and in Law and have been reading about politics for literally over fifty years. I was forty with the same views that I have now when I was in university and receiving A's on my papers. Tell me about the success you have had in your field of study and I am sure it is not Political Studies.

Sean in Ottawa

kropotkin1951 wrote:

Sean what is your academic background. My boring predictability, shallow biases and lack of logical or factual content got me on the Dean's list the last year of my BA program in Political Studies. I am certainly glad my Professors did not share your mundane views. I have a degree in Political Studies and in Law and have been reading about politics for literally over fifty years. I was forty with the same views that I have now when I was in university and receiving A's on my papers. Tell me about the success you have had in your field of study and I am sure it is not Political Studies.

All this goes to prove that your problem is your personality and arrogance rather than access to knowledge. 

You are a shitty human being that was not fixed by any academic experience you may have gained. 

Judges do not decide cases based on weighing the backgrounds and degrees of the litigants. They look to the logic presented. You rely on insult, personal judgments, and cheap puffery rather than any engagement with the content of a discussion. I suspect that you could use logic if you wanted but that you are too lazy to do so and much rather prefer putting people down. This is why I despise you and all others like you.

Your little attempt at claiming some class elitism here just proves what you really are.

There is nobody here you have ever put down for not being morally good enough or politically correct enough who has ever pulled this shit here. Clearly you are shameless.

It is possible that you have somehow lost your edge somewhere as I would think that the version of yourself that was capable of getting these degress probably would have know that to wave them in this context would only make him look like an asshole.

kropotkin1951

Thanks for that CV in response to my question concerning your background. It was well communicated. Full of very well placed intelligent points.

Sean in Ottawa

kropotkin1951 wrote:

Thanks for that CV in response to my question concerning your background. It was well communicated. Full of very well placed intelligent points.

Go away you elitist prick

kropotkin1951

Sorry I got to be an elitist by hard work and study. Besides for my genetic code I inherited not a single penny from my parents and after leaving home at 19 I never asked them not took any money from them. If putting myself through university at forty while raising a family is elitist then god damn you've got me, I'm one.

Sean in Ottawa

kropotkin1951 wrote:

Sorry I got to be an elitist by hard work and study. Besides for my genetic code I inherited not a single penny from my parents and after leaving home at 19 I never asked them not took any money from them. If putting myself through university at forty while raising a family is elitist then god damn you've got me, I'm one.

Dick waving about your degree does make you one as you rely on a contest of paper instead of having to defend your ideas with fact and logic. This has been your entire debating style for years here - various ways of claiming to be better than others to replace actually having to present and defend a point of view. So, shove your paper up your back side and light fire to it.

travissmith

Lol, political science is just repeating whatever the professor says.

The cultural revolution in China clearly didn't go far enough and we need to support them further.
The west needs to realize that cultural westernization WILL lead to a more open, and democratic society.
We kind of jumped the gun and sought short-term gains, all because some elites wanted to appoint their offspring as CEOs..

epaulo13 epaulo13's picture

Conservatives blast MP who asked whether top pandemic doctor 'works for China' as Scheer steers clear

A Conservative leadership candidate is facing an angry backlash online — and from some of his own caucus colleagues — after he suggested Canada's chief public health officer is working for China and should be fired for giving bad advice to the government on the COVID-19 crisis.

Derek Sloan, an MP from eastern Ontario who is running to lead his party under the slogan "Conservative - Without Apology," posted a message and video on Facebook and Twitter this week claiming that Dr. Theresa Tam had "failed Canadians."

"Dr. Tam must go! Canada must remain sovereign over decisions. The UN, the WHO, and Chinese Communist propaganda must never again have a say over Canada's public health!" he wrote.

"Does [Tam] work for Canada or for China?" Sloan asks in a tweeted video. He also accused the country's top doctor of parroting lines from the World Health Organization (WHO) after it repeated "misinformation" disseminated by the communist Chinese government.

His remarks drew swift condemnation on social media, with some calling his words "repugnant," "vile" and "xenophobic." 

Sloan re-tweeted Thursday evening the letter that he originally sent out Tuesday accusing Tam of "dutifully" repeating Chinese propaganda and calling for Tam to be "fired."

Tam, who was born in British Hong Kong and grew up in the U.K., has denounced the rise in anti-Asian racist incidents in Canada since the novel coronavirus erupted in Wuhan, China.....

kropotkin1951

 

,

Sean in Ottawa

epaulo13 wrote:

Conservatives blast MP who asked whether top pandemic doctor 'works for China' as Scheer steers clear

A Conservative leadership candidate is facing an angry backlash online — and from some of his own caucus colleagues — after he suggested Canada's chief public health officer is working for China and should be fired for giving bad advice to the government on the COVID-19 crisis.

Derek Sloan, an MP from eastern Ontario who is running to lead his party under the slogan "Conservative - Without Apology," posted a message and video on Facebook and Twitter this week claiming that Dr. Theresa Tam had "failed Canadians."

"Dr. Tam must go! Canada must remain sovereign over decisions. The UN, the WHO, and Chinese Communist propaganda must never again have a say over Canada's public health!" he wrote.

"Does [Tam] work for Canada or for China?" Sloan asks in a tweeted video. He also accused the country's top doctor of parroting lines from the World Health Organization (WHO) after it repeated "misinformation" disseminated by the communist Chinese government.

His remarks drew swift condemnation on social media, with some calling his words "repugnant," "vile" and "xenophobic." 

Sloan re-tweeted Thursday evening the letter that he originally sent out Tuesday accusing Tam of "dutifully" repeating Chinese propaganda and calling for Tam to be "fired."

Tam, who was born in British Hong Kong and grew up in the U.K., has denounced the rise in anti-Asian racist incidents in Canada since the novel coronavirus erupted in Wuhan, China.....

I have been reading this story today. It is a familiar theme. The anti-Chinese racism is coming in directly violent actions as well as harassment and prejudice. Even people I know have shown me fake videos as well somehow not even aware of how offensive this is (some of them even know how close I am to Asians in my life and they seem to think it is okay). 

It seems to me that this is increasing.

Dr. Tam has been subjected to horrifically racist and sexist abuse online. Thankfully there are also people who appreciate the work she is doing.

In the middle of all this I think many people do not understand how science evolves in a crisis like this and they expect consistency rather than an evolution of best practices.

NDPP

'Yellow Peril' Sinophobia. Typical and a longstanding Canucklehead problem. In its more genteel, liberal version it avows it only detests the government not the people. Here's the highbrow version: How perfectly outrageous that such an abject errand boy for awful Apartheid Israel should be calling for sanctions against anybody...

Former Liberal Justice Minister Urges Sanctions Against Chinese Officials Who Covered Up Early COVID-19 Outbreak

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-former-liberal-justice-mi...

"...The Chinese embassy in Canada, asked for comment, referred reporters to an April 9 statement it made that rejects allegations that China covered up the virus outbreak as efforts to tarnish the Asian country and slander the Chinese Communist Party. 'China has acted in an open, transparent and highly responsible manner in timely releasing the related data. Without China's timely release of information, how could the US side issue a health warning for traveling to Wuhan on Jan 7?', the embassy said..."

NDPP

Propaganda Works!

https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1253464196894748673

"NEW poll by Pew Research finds two-thirds of [North] Americans now view China unfavorably, up from 47% two years ago. 9/10 adults view China as threat, 62% as major threat. Washington's new Cold War strategy is successfully manufacturing consent for aggressive confrontation with China."

NDPP

Respectable Racism: The "War With China' Edition

https://twitter.com/yashalevine/status/1253412930311163913

"Like all elite-driven xenophobic campaigns, this 'China did it' propaganda wave displaces blame for domestic political problems onto an inscrutable, foreign enemy and empowers the status quo..."

NDPP

Pepe Escobar: What Did US Intel Really Know About the 'Chinese' Virus?

https://www.strategic-culture.org/news/2020/04/21/what-did-us-intel-real...

"Hybrid War 2.0 on China, a bipartisan US operation, is already reaching fever pitch. Its full-spectrum infowar blames China for everything coronavirus-related...Israeli intel confirms US intel did in fact warn them in November about a potentially catastrophic pandemic in Wuhan (once again: how could they possibly know that in the second week of November, so early in the game?) And NATO allies were warned - in November - as well..."

Sean in Ottawa

This is a depressing and hateful reaction. I hope it is rejected by as many Canadians as possible.

NDPP

Racism In And Against China

https://www.blackagendareport.com/freedom-rider-racism-and-against-china

"The COVID-19 pandemic has resuscitated the old 'yellow-peril' canard to its fullest extent, revealing a xenophobic and racist intent against China..."

NDPP

CNN: Leading 'Virus Hunter' on Origins of Coronavirus (and vid)

https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2020/04/26/exp-gps-0426-daszak-int.cnn

"Dr Peter Daszak, whose research helped identify the origin of the SARS outbreak, joins Fareed to discuss the science of finding the source of viruses..."

kropotkin1951

The racist underbelly of my West Coast is once again rearing its ugly, ugly head. When the MSM repeats half truths in headlines and click bait it is no wonder that the lower forms of life start to think they have been given permission to spew hate. Very few Canadian journalists can write an article about China that does not contain one unsubstantiated story about abuse that would make any one upset. It all adds to the weight of the current anti-Chinese Trumpeting from below the border.

She was waiting for the traffic light to change so she could cross the street to get to the car where her husband and two small children were waiting — when the man from the Tupperware aisle came up close to her.

“He said, quite calmly, ‘Don’t give me your f—-ing disease.’ And it was just so jarring,” she said.

https://theprovince.com/news/vancouver-mother-shares-terrifying-ordeal-a...

MegB

Sean and Kropotkin, if you cannot halt your endlessly childish and distracting feud, I will have no other choice than to give you both a time out. I'm fed up with threads being derailed by the two of you.

Sean in Ottawa

MegB wrote:

Sean and Kropotkin, if you cannot halt your endlessly childish and distracting feud, I will have no other choice than to give you both a time out. I'm fed up with threads being derailed by the two of you.

Ok Fuck this equivalency shit Meg.

If you think that this elitism and the crap of judgement from this asshole works for you than shove this site.

Let's delete my profile now please. This is it.

I am fed up with your bullshit moderation and the things you put up with to come back later and say it is all equal.

So let's cal it a day. Please make this a permanent ban and call it a day.

I did not start this -- look up a few posts and there is nothing more to say and I do not owe you a damn apology.

And as for standing up for this shit here - I am fine with this being my last post.

kropotkin1951

kropotkin1951 wrote:

The racist underbelly of my West Coast is once again rearing its ugly, ugly head. When the MSM repeats half truths in headlines and click bait it is no wonder that the lower forms of life start to think they have been given permission to spew hate. Very few Canadian journalists can write an article about China that does not contain one unsubstantiated story about abuse that would make any one upset. It all adds to the weight of the current anti-Chinese Trumpeting from below the border.

She was waiting for the traffic light to change so she could cross the street to get to the car where her husband and two small children were waiting — when the man from the Tupperware aisle came up close to her.

“He said, quite calmly, ‘Don’t give me your f—-ing disease.’ And it was just so jarring,” she said.

https://theprovince.com/news/vancouver-mother-shares-terrifying-ordeal-a...

NDPP

'Racist and Inflammatory': Canadians Upset By Epoch Times Claim China Behind Virus, Made it as a Bioweapon

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/epoch-times-coronavirus-bioweapon-1.5548217

"And right now we're all scared, we're all vulnerable..."

NDPP

Joe Biden and Donald Trump's Anti-China Campaign Strategy is Part of a Broader Imperialist War Against China

https://www.blackagendareport.com/joe-biden-and-donald-trumps-anti-china...

"The US and Western Left has rarely been a friend to China. Joe Biden and Donald Trump are taking aim at China to deflect attention away from the American nightmare."

And the running dogs of US imperialism, Canada, UK, Australia etc bark on cue as always. Does the Canadian economy really have an appetite, especially going forward after COVID-19, to cope with life without Chinese trade and investments, let alone the fat revenues gained by over-charged Chinese student fees, tourists etc? We shall see.

MegB

Sean in Ottawa wrote:

MegB wrote:

Sean and Kropotkin, if you cannot halt your endlessly childish and distracting feud, I will have no other choice than to give you both a time out. I'm fed up with threads being derailed by the two of you.

Ok Fuck this equivalency shit Meg.

If you think that this elitism and the crap of judgement from this asshole works for you than shove this site.

Let's delete my profile now please. This is it.

I am fed up with your bullshit moderation and the things you put up with to come back later and say it is all equal.

So let's cal it a day. Please make this a permanent ban and call it a day.

I did not start this -- look up a few posts and there is nothing more to say and I do not owe you a damn apology.

And as for standing up for this shit here - I am fine with this being my last post.

I never asked you for an apology, only that you stop derailing threads with your endless feuding with Kropotkin. You're response? A tantrum. And this is not the only epic battle you've had with another babbler. It's an ongoing pattern that your ego refuses to allow you to acknowledge, take responsibility for and change. It's always the other person's fault.

Grow the fuck up.

Sean in Ottawa

MegB wrote:

Sean in Ottawa wrote:

MegB wrote:

Sean and Kropotkin, if you cannot halt your endlessly childish and distracting feud, I will have no other choice than to give you both a time out. I'm fed up with threads being derailed by the two of you.

Ok Fuck this equivalency shit Meg.

If you think that this elitism and the crap of judgement from this asshole works for you than shove this site.

Let's delete my profile now please. This is it.

I am fed up with your bullshit moderation and the things you put up with to come back later and say it is all equal.

So let's cal it a day. Please make this a permanent ban and call it a day.

I did not start this -- look up a few posts and there is nothing more to say and I do not owe you a damn apology.

And as for standing up for this shit here - I am fine with this being my last post.

I never asked you for an apology, only that you stop derailing threads with your endless feuding with Kropotkin. You're response? A tantrum. And this is not the only epic battle you've had with another babbler. It's an ongoing pattern that your ego refuses to allow you to acknowledge, take responsibility for and change. It's always the other person's fault.

Grow the fuck up.

Thanks for demonstrating hypocrisy. Here you are with the role of a moderator attacking me for my response, not at all concerned about what I was responding to. But only a moderator can get mad and be in a fight? How are you any better than me except you are paid to have a high standard and to moderate?

Moderation is not walking around with a stick and bashing heads you don’t like or just complaining at the complainer  when someone is upset. You wonder why these fights happen? It is because there is no actual moderation. You don’t  ask people to respect the rules for posting here. No, you ignore everything, wait until there is a confrontation, and then pretend all is equal and dole out threats. You revive confrontations you missed by days and in some cases weeks to just give people shit. You do not respond to any request to meet any standard of posting policies here. You whine in public about people not sending you DMs but that is because you just ignore them except from your friends. You are not trusted to be moderate and balanced by many here.

The fact is the confrontation is not the problem it is the symptom of the problem. The confrontation is what happens with the culture here -- which is to judge, smear, demean and attack people and ignore the ideas. People who come with actual content will either get angry and respond to this or go away as most have.

Your moderation has made sure that the majority who want to actually engage in ideas - particularly to share new or risky ones are driven away. All that is left for this place is mostly fights. Thanks in part to your moderation this place probably rates better when there is a good fight going on than for ideas becuase those are long gone. 

At one time the moderation came down on the smallest of things. Now you let them go till out of control and wade in later to bash heads. What has not been done much here (except Old Goat) was to lead by example, remind people gently of the principles of the place and guide the place. The moderate part of moderation. It seems you either abandon or sail in not caring why things broke down thinking if you scream at everyone they will get quieter. Does not work in any situation.

You say you have threads to promote. Really? Most of them are the same series of attacks, repetitions and virtue signals. How many really have interesting original content like what this place was designed for and used to have? Care to blame me for the repetitive toxic UK labour leadership threads? The reason for this is that it is not worth working on something to have a jerk do a drive by shitting that is tolerated by the moderator - if they have license to shit on others.

You talk about the epic fights I have. I come here to exchange ideas. I am not paid to do this. I stand up against sexism, elitism, bigotry, racism, personal attacks, Islamaphobia. I hold these principles as important and that is why I came here nearly 17 years ago when this place actually was a haven for people wanting to this. Now if you want to stand up for those things you have to fight for them becuase the moderator is cool with them depending on who is doing it.

Your role is the moderator but you wait to dole out threats when things are far gone. Ever tried another apporach? Too much work to read a few posts and see what happened and guide a little? You wait till after a fight has passed thereby reviving it. I am responding angrily but am getting shit from you for doing so. Who is giving you the warning when you get angry?

So nobody expects you to always notice a spat but if you see a fight and then the thread has moved on – what good do you think it does to come in with a stick when you missed the issues that started it? You could let it go and spend your time on something currently needing it. You say you do not have time but you actually make the wrong choices about when and how to intervene. Essentially everyone is left to themselves to leave or stay and respond or just take shit.

You may not like North Report -- take a look at the abuse he has been getting for sharing opinions here. I do not agree with him always but your job as a moderator is not to let that shit go on. When he leaves it will not be my fault but yours.

And here you are blaming me for derailing threads. You know something? I have had many, many, communications from people who no longer post here because of you. You want to pretend that I am more control of the fucked-up culture here than you? You want to blame me for the fact that having 5 posters here at once is a good day? A lot of that is actually on you and the fact that you only know how to come in with a hammer on a fight but never can see or comment on the issues that started it.

You want to know why people take it in their own hands to either abandon this place or fight back? It is because you only answer the issues raised by your friends. Any amount of anything against the principles of this place is okay by you if coming from the right person. You stay out until the other person answers and then attack the noisy one.

Fact is that social justice was never achieved by the quiet ones. It was for people standing up for something and others noticing what they were standing up for.

So go ahead and ban me if you like for calling you a bad moderator. Some will want to please you by coming to your defence but that is what you are. And you do not need to be. You could do better if you decided to.

Most of those who agree with me already voted with their feet. Maybe when you see how badly you are failing -- how few threads are worth anything here -- and not just becuase of one person as you pretend -- you might consider doing something differently.

Try for one upholding the principles of the commenting policy as they were designed. I do not mean to ban people or show your power. I mean to influence, encourage and remind. Gently like you never bother. On the issue that strted it like you never bother.

Maybe show that you are actually for all those progressive things even when it is not just about standing up for your friends.

Rikardo

None of the posts have mentioned Confucius who still has much influence in China, rather  like Jesus in the West.  Confucius, unlike Jesus (or what the Bible says he said) never told his followers to go and convert the World to a belief in only one Saviour for Humanity.  This powerful idea, now secularized, by the Enlightenment, remains as the West's Crusades for Human Rights (HRW) and Liberal (multiparty) Democracy. 

Confucius preached harmony, respect for family and ancestors.  China never colonized 3 1/2 continents as has the West.  Hong Kong was lost to the British Empire (on which the sun never set) because of the Opium War.  Since Deng, the CPP is more Confucian than Maoist.  Its Chinese name is gong chan, meaning "produce for all".  They've kept the old hammer/sickle of the USSR but not the Comintern, promoter of the Saviour of World Revolution.

 

 

 

Michael Moriarity Michael Moriarity's picture

Rikardo wrote:

None of the posts have mentioned Confucius who still has much influence in China, rather  like Jesus in the West.  Confucius, unlike Jesus (or what the Bible says he said) never told his followers to go and convert the World to a belief in only one Saviour for Humanity.  This powerful idea, now secularized, by the Enlightenment, remains as the West's Crusades for Human Rights (HRW) and Liberal (multiparty) Democracy. 

Confucius preached harmony, respect for family and ancestors.  China never colonized 3 1/2 continents as has the West.  Hong Kong was lost to the British Empire (on which the sun never set) because of the Opium War.  Since Deng, the CPP is more Confucian than Maoist.  Its Chinese name is gong chan, meaning "produce for all".  They've kept the old hammer/sickle of the USSR but not the Comintern, promoter of the Saviour of World Revolution.

I am not an expert in Chinese history, but from my modest knowledge this rings true. The CCP today is much more like the bureaucracy of a Chinese dynasty than a western political party.

kropotkin1951

Michael Moriarity wrote:

Rikardo wrote:

None of the posts have mentioned Confucius who still has much influence in China, rather  like Jesus in the West.  Confucius, unlike Jesus (or what the Bible says he said) never told his followers to go and convert the World to a belief in only one Saviour for Humanity.  This powerful idea, now secularized, by the Enlightenment, remains as the West's Crusades for Human Rights (HRW) and Liberal (multiparty) Democracy. 

Confucius preached harmony, respect for family and ancestors.  China never colonized 3 1/2 continents as has the West.  Hong Kong was lost to the British Empire (on which the sun never set) because of the Opium War.  Since Deng, the CPP is more Confucian than Maoist.  Its Chinese name is gong chan, meaning "produce for all".  They've kept the old hammer/sickle of the USSR but not the Comintern, promoter of the Saviour of World Revolution.

I am not an expert in Chinese history, but from my modest knowledge this rings true. The CCP today is much more like the bureaucracy of a Chinese dynasty than a western political party.

That is related to the high value put on education. I remember reading twenty years ago about the stress of the standardized exam finals for high school in China. The type and quality of post secondary institution you got placed in relied on it. One of the things I found fascinating was that the best and brightest were always groomed and invited into the CCP, it was built into the system.

Although our imperial media like to portray its society as a one party state with a dictator this pandemic has shown it to be a sophisticated country where the regional and national agencies and governments were able to work together and include the community organizations on the ground as well. The Chinese like Canadians by and large support the government and this crisis and the US reaction is certainly not going to convince many of them that what they really need is to ditch their system and go to a dog eat dog one.

NDPP

US Officials Crafting Retaliatory Actions Against China Over Coronavirus

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1255881696546881537

"Officials discussing stripping China of sovereign immunity (so ppl can sue), or voiding US debt obligations to China..."

 

Holding China Accountable is in Canada's 'Moral' and 'Strategic' Interests, Says Ex-Ambassador

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/powerandpolitics/samantha-power-holding...

"Investigating China and holding its authoritarian regime accountable for its actions early on in the COVID-19 pandemic is in Canada's moral and strategic interests, former US President Barack Obama's top diplomat to the United Nations told CBC News..."

 

"It's always insidious like this, the creeping up in our minds of this kind of phobia. The US MSM is in a class by itself in creating fiction. Be it a Cold War with Russia or now China, the echo chamber grows into its own self-fulfilling disaster."

https://twitter.com/TheOliverStone/status/1255898807935655937

NDPP

Podcast: Episode 47: an interview with Qiao Collective about sinophobia, the US hybrid war on China, and how to try to develop your own understanding, given the propaganda...

https://twitter.com/justinpodur/status/1255544381077143554

MegB

Sean in Ottawa wrote:

MegB wrote:

Sean in Ottawa wrote:

MegB wrote:

Sean and Kropotkin, if you cannot halt your endlessly childish and distracting feud, I will have no other choice than to give you both a time out. I'm fed up with threads being derailed by the two of you.

Ok Fuck this equivalency shit Meg.

If you think that this elitism and the crap of judgement from this asshole works for you than shove this site.

Let's delete my profile now please. This is it.

I am fed up with your bullshit moderation and the things you put up with to come back later and say it is all equal.

So let's cal it a day. Please make this a permanent ban and call it a day.

I did not start this -- look up a few posts and there is nothing more to say and I do not owe you a damn apology.

And as for standing up for this shit here - I am fine with this being my last post.

I never asked you for an apology, only that you stop derailing threads with your endless feuding with Kropotkin. You're response? A tantrum. And this is not the only epic battle you've had with another babbler. It's an ongoing pattern that your ego refuses to allow you to acknowledge, take responsibility for and change. It's always the other person's fault.

Grow the fuck up.

Thanks for demonstrating hypocrisy. Here you are with the role of a moderator attacking me for my response, not at all concerned about what I was responding to. But only a moderator can get mad and be in a fight? How are you any better than me except you are paid to have a high standard and to moderate?

Moderation is not walking around with a stick and bashing heads you don’t like or just complaining at the complainer  when someone is upset. You wonder why these fights happen? It is because there is no actual moderation. You don’t  ask people to respect the rules for posting here. No, you ignore everything, wait until there is a confrontation, and then pretend all is equal and dole out threats. You revive confrontations you missed by days and in some cases weeks to just give people shit. You do not respond to any request to meet any standard of posting policies here. You whine in public about people not sending you DMs but that is because you just ignore them except from your friends. You are not trusted to be moderate and balanced by many here.

The fact is the confrontation is not the problem it is the symptom of the problem. The confrontation is what happens with the culture here -- which is to judge, smear, demean and attack people and ignore the ideas. People who come with actual content will either get angry and respond to this or go away as most have.

Your moderation has made sure that the majority who want to actually engage in ideas - particularly to share new or risky ones are driven away. All that is left for this place is mostly fights. Thanks in part to your moderation this place probably rates better when there is a good fight going on than for ideas becuase those are long gone. 

At one time the moderation came down on the smallest of things. Now you let them go till out of control and wade in later to bash heads. What has not been done much here (except Old Goat) was to lead by example, remind people gently of the principles of the place and guide the place. The moderate part of moderation. It seems you either abandon or sail in not caring why things broke down thinking if you scream at everyone they will get quieter. Does not work in any situation.

You say you have threads to promote. Really? Most of them are the same series of attacks, repetitions and virtue signals. How many really have interesting original content like what this place was designed for and used to have? Care to blame me for the repetitive toxic UK labour leadership threads? The reason for this is that it is not worth working on something to have a jerk do a drive by shitting that is tolerated by the moderator - if they have license to shit on others.

You talk about the epic fights I have. I come here to exchange ideas. I am not paid to do this. I stand up against sexism, elitism, bigotry, racism, personal attacks, Islamaphobia. I hold these principles as important and that is why I came here nearly 17 years ago when this place actually was a haven for people wanting to this. Now if you want to stand up for those things you have to fight for them becuase the moderator is cool with them depending on who is doing it.

Your role is the moderator but you wait to dole out threats when things are far gone. Ever tried another apporach? Too much work to read a few posts and see what happened and guide a little? You wait till after a fight has passed thereby reviving it. I am responding angrily but am getting shit from you for doing so. Who is giving you the warning when you get angry?

So nobody expects you to always notice a spat but if you see a fight and then the thread has moved on – what good do you think it does to come in with a stick when you missed the issues that started it? You could let it go and spend your time on something currently needing it. You say you do not have time but you actually make the wrong choices about when and how to intervene. Essentially everyone is left to themselves to leave or stay and respond or just take shit.

You may not like North Report -- take a look at the abuse he has been getting for sharing opinions here. I do not agree with him always but your job as a moderator is not to let that shit go on. When he leaves it will not be my fault but yours.

And here you are blaming me for derailing threads. You know something? I have had many, many, communications from people who no longer post here because of you. You want to pretend that I am more control of the fucked-up culture here than you? You want to blame me for the fact that having 5 posters here at once is a good day? A lot of that is actually on you and the fact that you only know how to come in with a hammer on a fight but never can see or comment on the issues that started it.

You want to know why people take it in their own hands to either abandon this place or fight back? It is because you only answer the issues raised by your friends. Any amount of anything against the principles of this place is okay by you if coming from the right person. You stay out until the other person answers and then attack the noisy one.

Fact is that social justice was never achieved by the quiet ones. It was for people standing up for something and others noticing what they were standing up for.

So go ahead and ban me if you like for calling you a bad moderator. Some will want to please you by coming to your defence but that is what you are. And you do not need to be. You could do better if you decided to.

Most of those who agree with me already voted with their feet. Maybe when you see how badly you are failing -- how few threads are worth anything here -- and not just becuase of one person as you pretend -- you might consider doing something differently.

Try for one upholding the principles of the commenting policy as they were designed. I do not mean to ban people or show your power. I mean to influence, encourage and remind. Gently like you never bother. On the issue that strted it like you never bother.

Maybe show that you are actually for all those progressive things even when it is not just about standing up for your friends.

Nice rant. Yet another example of you hijacking a thread for your own selfish purposes.

I quite like NR and he has let me know on more than one occasion that he appreciates the work I do here, as have many other people. It's a small handful of people who regularly shit on me and make this a toxic workplace. Your issue is that I won't take your side against Kropotkin when it is obvious that you are both contributing to the problem. Interesting how you constantly accuse me of taking sides and then have a meltdown when I refuse to take your side in your ongoing and ridiculous dispute with Kropotkin. So it's not really about me taking sides or showing favouritism. It's about you not getting what you deem you are owed. 

I'm tired of taking abuse from you and dealing with your fucking white male privilege, so I'm going to grant you your wish. You are done here.

Misfit Misfit's picture

I want to say that this is a devastating loss. Sean. I am going to miss your analysis, especially during elections. I am very sorry to see you go.

I am deeply saddened by this.

NDPP

Blaming China Will Not Restore US Standing

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2020/05/blaming-china-will-not-restore-ame...

"The Trump administration seeks to blame someone for its messed up response to the COVID-19 pandemic. After first lauding China for its fight against the epidemic it started to bash it. A phone call between Xi and Trump shut that down for a while. It was then the WHO which was blamed. After the Trump administration de-funded it there was little left to do. So it is now back to China. The Trump administration is pressing its intelligence services to find or make up evidence that China is guilty of releasing the virus..."

NDPP

Once Upon a Virus (and vid)

https://twitter.com/iwuzhigang/status/1256634658147590149

"China responds to the USA with a cartoon..."

NDPP

CIA & MI6 Put Together 'Scientific' Dossier 'Targeting China's COVID-19 Cover-Up' As West Readies to Demand Beijing COMPENSATION

https://on.rt.com/aga5

"The West's wish to pin the blame on China (and probably the bill too) for the COVID-19 pandemic has been reportedly incarnated in a 15 page dossier compiled by intelligence agencies - which has now leaked, according to reports. The document, described by the Australian newspaper The Sunday Telegraph, was prepared by 'concerned western governments.'

The publication mentions that the FIVE EYES intelligence agencies are investigating China, pointing to the United States, Australia, New Zealand, CANADA, and the UK. The authors of the research found some pretty strange ways to paint China's response to the outbreak in a negative and sinister way..."

As is obvious on this board, the anti-China campaign is already underway.

Pondering

Well somebody has to be blamed to deflect attention from the massive failure of western governments to prepare.

NDPP

Bingo!

NDPP

The Truth About China's COVID-19 Response

https://www.mintpressnews.com/truth-about-china-covid-19-response/267006/

"Now that COVID-19 is a global pandemic, we might wish to learn something of the discovery and identification of the virus in Wuhan, Hubein Province, China. On December 31, China informed the WHO of the mysterious cases of a 'viral pneumonia of unknown origin."

 

Any Claims by Mike Pompeo Should Always Be Paired With This...

https://twitter.com/RaniaKhalek/status/1256954074408169474

Pages