Head of International Monetary Fund Arrested for Sex Attack 2

105 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fidel

Some of us here are attempting to provide a full analysis of the DSK situation against a prevailing undercurrent.

But I think this thread (and other threads) is more about pre-existing babble skirmishes and mollycoddling of feuding vendetta specialists with non-related axes to grind than anything else.

MegB

Fidel wrote:

Tommy_Paine wrote:
To entertain all these conspiracies without a shred of evidence is a clear violation of reason. 

 

Once again, no one here is saying DSK did not rape. That's a very real possibility. 

What some of us have a hard time with is those saying DSK is not also loathed by some superrich and powerful people from this side of the ocean to the other.

There is a war going on for control of the monetary system. There are no socialists involved in this war. 

Money is how countries have been waging the larger wars since decades ago. There have been bombings and fascist armies marching into sovereign countries and false flag terror before and since the end of cold war for sure. But most of the pillaging and sacking of countries has been done by marauding international capital. Whether DSK is guilty of rape or not, he's definitely done. This is the end of DSK political aspirations for sure. Am I happy or sad? It makes no real difference to us on the left. They are all corrupt and dirty.

This thread is about DSK being charged with rape.  All discussion of an international monetary war, general dislike of DSK, etc. are off topic and do not belong here.  Any hint or suggestion that the rape story is part of a conspiracy to discredit DSK implies that the rape charge is somehow invalid, and writing "nobody's saying the rape didn't happen" doesn't change that.  Invalidating a woman's accusation of sexual assault without any evidence is anti-progressive and misogynist, and violates babble policy.  The next babbler who connects the rape to a DSK conspiracy is in violation of policy, so consider yourselves warned.

By all means, start a thread about how DSK is hated by the monetary elite, or whatever.  That has no valid connection to the sexual assault issue, and doesn't belong here.

6079_Smith_W

Fidel wrote:

Rebecca West wrote:
This thread is about DSK being charged with rape.  All discussion of an international monetary war, general dislike of DSK, etc. are off topic and do not belong here.  

Perhaps someone should remove this thread from the International News and Politics forum and place it somewhere else where babblers won't be fooled into commenting as if it is.  

Or seeing that the main interest of some people here is in DSK's fortunes - and that is fair enough - rename the thread to reflect that. 

As a few people have said, although it is a fact that this charge has had a great affect on his career, going beyond that and speculating about the matter itself is not prudent.

Fidel

Rebecca West wrote:
This thread is about DSK being charged with rape.  All discussion of an international monetary war, general dislike of DSK, etc. are off topic and do not belong here.  

Okay, Rebecca. We should stop paying so much attention to DSK. He's just another one of them anyway.

Fidel

Sineed wrote:
Since rape is about power, makes sense that a man who has or wants power would use rape as a kind of affirmation.  Politics has nothing to do with it.

[off topic] Yes rape is about power. And it is well known that rape has also been used as a coercive tool for political ends according to the Historical Clarification Committee, an independent human rights commission that studied the Guatemalan conflict of late last century. Military officers are taught specifically about rape and torture as tools for subduing populations and especially indigenous women of Latin America. Rape is a tool for terrorizing those representing about half of any normal population of people in women. Male peasants are terrorized as well by the police and military brutality against their wives and children. In this very hemisphere today, this kind of stuff is still happening without provocation by armed left wing rebels as was claimed by the right in the 1980s and 90s. They raped and tortured pregnant socialists in Argentina and Chile and oftentimes resulting in death. Rape and torture are methods of terror. The infamous School of the Americas/WHINSEC based in the USA needs to be closed down for all time.[/]

NDPP

Strauss-Kahn Made Advances On Two Hotel Staffers, Flight Attendant

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/dom_like_frog_in_heat_AiyZN...

"...Strauss-Kahn attempted to lure two attractive hotel employees to his $3,000-a-night hotel suite - and later put the moves on an Air France flight attendant following his alleged sexual assault on a maid, The Post has learned...Strauss-Kahn was indicted on seven counts, including attempted rape, criminal sexual assault and unlawful imprisonment. He'd face up to 25 years if convicted; he's pleading not guilty.."

500_Apples

Fidel,

I think it's a major issue that white liberal moderates think any discussion of imperialism is "off-limits". They don't want to hear it, and as long as this culture of denialism permeates the so-called left in North America and Europe, there will be no progress on progressive issues, just further moves backwards like we've had non-stop in the past 30 years. Your example of the South American cases is a good one. A lot of people on this thread are putting a lot of attention onto one ostensible rapist, DSK, even though they have ignored the thousands of definite rapists operating on behalf of the empire... THEIR empire. That alone should make them realize the role of the media and of their complicity.

I'm through with this thread, I find the attitude of the apologists to be revolting quite frankly. A lot of them have never even heard of special drawing rights, and they think they have some sort of credibility in posting on an IMF thread.

ETA: And for some reason I can't send you a private message.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function subscriptions_hold()

in /var/www/rabble/rabble.ca/sites/all/modules/privatemsg/pm_subscriptions/pm_subscriptions.module

on line 106

Catchfire Catchfire's picture

500_Apples wrote:
 A lot of people on this thread are putting a lot of attention onto one ostensible rapist, DSK, even though they have ignored the thousands of definite rapists operating on behalf of the empire... THEIR empire. That alone should make them realize the role of the media and of their complicity.

Wtf? This thread is about  Dominique Strauss-Kahn, which is why we are "putting a lot of attention onto one ostensible rapist." Some here would prefer to concoct elaborate conspiracy theories which rely on the laughable contention that DSK is an enemy of imperialism, rather than one of its architects. Also laughable is the idea that those here denouncing the attempt to recast this conversation away from one of rape and towards one of this entitled prick's reputation have ever "ignored the thousands of rapists operating on behalf of empire."

 

Fidel

Thanks, 500_Apples. And I received the same error message when replying to you by PM. Error on line 106. It must be a script on rabble/babble's end of things. I sent the error msg to mods for them to pass on to site maintainers. And thanx again.

ETA for Apples: I think that person's analysis you PM'd to me is bang on. I think this is the beginning of a major mutiny away from the dollar. It's not over with DSK's fall from grace. The IMF stated before that the age of America is over. I think it didn't go over well in the same way this business with SDR isn't being received well by Wall Street and their friends in London. Of course, some even believe that London orchestrated this crisis as payback for the Boston Tea Party etc, or for the post-WW II order of things in general. I dunno. I don't think so. But it's big. I can't fathom it all.

Fidel

Catchfire wrote:
Some here would prefer to concoct elaborate conspiracy theories which rely on the laughable contention that DSK is an enemy of imperialism, rather than one of its architects

You're not close, and we don't appreciate mods laughing at us for merely discussing international news and politics in what is the international news and politics forum. 

However, 500_Apples and I have decided not to post further here, which is now a designated DSK/rape thread, in order to abide by moderators arbitrary ruling on this one.

NDPP

No such ruling has been made nor should be. The OP is quite capable of handling ALL apects of the DSK affair. At least that was my intention when starting it. ALL contributions enrich the thread even those contending.

genstrike

500_Apples wrote:

1) There is a major media storm against DSK. Normally rape accusations are ignored by the media... except when the accused is an "enemy of the empire", for example Ghadaffi's forces. The entire international media exploded on this issue, in a manner which is unusual, demonstrating they were all too happy to take him down.The botom line is that if he were a loyal servant of the US/UK empire, these rape allegations would have likely never made it into the media, certainly not to the extent they did.

So... Bill Clinton was an anti-imperialist?

500_Apples wrote:

I think it's a major issue that white liberal moderates think any discussion of imperialism is "off-limits". They don't want to hear it, and as long as this culture of denialism permeates the so-called left in North America and Europe, there will be no progress on progressive issues, just further moves backwards like we've had non-stop in the past 30 years. Your example of the South American cases is a good one. A lot of people on this thread are putting a lot of attention onto one ostensible rapist, DSK, even though they have ignored the thousands of definite rapists operating on behalf of the empire... THEIR empire. That alone should make them realize the role of the media and of their complicity.

I'm through with this thread, I find the attitude of the apologists to be revolting quite frankly. A lot of them have never even heard of special drawing rights, and they think they have some sort of credibility in posting on an IMF thread.

So, now anyone who believes a woman's rape allegation is an apologist for imperialism?

This is basically saying "the woman and the rape doesn't matter.  Which side are you on:  the imperialists or the head of the IMF?"

NDPP

Was DSK Stiched Up?  -  by Alexander Cockburn

http://counterpunch.org/cockburn05202011.html

"...As a conspiracy it doesn't look as though there's much in the way of lift to keep it in the air in any sort of convincing shape. These are early days..."

6079_Smith_W

@ NDPP

Hey neat. Too bad I have to buy the print edition to read about the sex smears against Juliam Assange. 

There is this though:

http://counterpunch.org/wolf05182011.html

First of all, if I read one more fucking quote about "Anglo-moralism" regarding the Strauss-Kahn assaults, I'm going to smack the nearest smirking asshole to the portals of hell. He was a serial misogynist who raped a maid in a hotel, he's not in jail for an affair. Assuming that every female subordinate he's ever come in contact with is not a liar, Strauss-Kahn is an arrogant pig with enormous power who has gotten away with the sort of crimes that can get you 25 to life in most states.

The fact that he's in jail and has been denied bail is most likely because his political opponents, who currently control the French government, have given the go-ahead to do him in.

Tant pis, as the French say; tough shit, is my rough translation.

and this:

http://counterpunch.org/johnstone05172011.html

In his comments, Nicolas Dupont-Aignan was the first public person in France to express concern for the victim.  “If the facts are proven, it is very grave, all the more in that nobody speaks of the victim.  If it had happened in France, I am not sure that the police would have dared to arrest DSK.”  Dupont-Aignan deplored the fact that France “will go on having that image of a culture of impunity for important personalities. …  The United States”, he concluded, “has a lot of faults but in such sex cases they have much less of the culture of impunity which prevails in our country.”

 

DaveW

more details from the maid's point of view:

http://fr.news.yahoo.com/affaire-dsk-femme-chambre-aurait-%C3%A9t%C3%A9-...

hardly a world conspiracy, methinks ....

Fidel

Ah once again, there is no conspiracy? This is just a symptom of the squabbling going on over the currently onrushing collapse of the dollar and US-Trans Atlantic economy in general. No need to worry about our NAFTA partners going down the tubes or fascists waiting in the wings post-collapse.

And DSK? Yes, he's probably guilty, but rape and murder happen every day. Why do bankers garner so much more gossip and attention than a serial rapist in Chicago or NYC never caught, or a man of the same name and birth country as DSK's victim executed by NYC police in a hail of gunfire in 1999? Give us your poor, tired and huddled masses of desperately poor Guineans to make whole again? I think I threw up in my mouth a little over that bs.

US justice system getting the job done in New York you say? That'd be a laugh-riot if it wasn't so sad. 

And let's continue speculating wildly about rape and emphasize the fact that lefties are just as capable of rape as righties, as if we're total idiots and fake lefties ourselves.  And let us preach some more that rape(and torture, too? Oh my...) are totally unrelated to political agendas. And besides, politics is boring and especially so for smiling white liberals without any real opinions of the prevailing system working so well. Off!

Slumberjack

Fidel wrote:
And let's continue speculating wildly about rape and emphasize the fact that lefties are just as capable of rape as righties, as if we're total idiots and fake lefties ourselves.  

There's no wild speculation going on with regard to the accusation of rape. For starters, a man with an apparent history of predatory conduct toward women has been arrested, a woman who was videotaped fleeing from the alleged crime scene has come forward with testimony after a trip to a hospital for treatment of injuries, and reports suggest that the investigators have subsequently collected biological evidence from the scene. The difficulty you're having pertains directly to the other intricacies you've been developing here at the expense of what is known about this incident so far. Certainly it wouldn't hurt to consider that all things are possible in a world run by competing gangs of crooks and mass murderers, and that nothing should be cancelled out by discussing other potential intrigues, but especially and including sensitivity to the issue at hand.

Maysie Maysie's picture

Fidel wrote:
 And DSK? Yes, he's probably guilty, but rape and murder happen every day. Why do bankers garner so much more gossip and attention than a serial rapist in Chicago or NYC never caught, or a man of the same name and birth country as DSK's victim executed by NYC police in a hail of gunfire in 1999? Give us your poor, tired and huddled masses of desperately poor Guineans to make whole again?

This is one of the most despicably anti-woman, anti-feminist, racist pieces of shit I've had the misfortune to read on babble.

MegB

Fidel wrote:

Ah once again, there is no conspiracy? This is just a symptom of the squabbling going on over the currently onrushing collapse of the dollar and US-Trans Atlantic economy in general. No need to worry about our NAFTA partners going down the tubes or fascists waiting in the wings post-collapse.

And DSK? Yes, he's probably guilty, but rape and murder happen every day. Why do bankers garner so much more gossip and attention than a serial rapist in Chicago or NYC never caught, or a man of the same name and birth country as DSK's victim executed by NYC police in a hail of gunfire in 1999? Give us your poor, tired and huddled masses of desperately poor Guineans to make whole again? I think I threw up in my mouth a little over that bs.

US justice system getting the job done in New York you say? That'd be a laugh-riot if it wasn't so sad. 

And let's continue speculating wildly about rape and emphasize the fact that lefties are just as capable of rape as righties, as if we're total idiots and fake lefties ourselves.  And let us preach some more that rape(and torture, too? Oh my...) are totally unrelated to political agendas. And besides, politics is boring and especially so for smiling white liberals without any real opinions of the prevailing system working so well. Off!

Trivializing rape, accusing babblers of wild speculation (well, you've done a fair bit of that), insinuating that talking about rape in this thread is off-topic, you've earned yourself a 48 hour vacation from babble.

WilderMore

Thanks Rebecca, Fidel was really being an asshole in his posts.

Sineed

Yes, when I remarked how it's possible that these conspiracy theories have possibly tainted historical accounts and discredited real allegations of rape, did you notice how he edited his reply to add an [off topic] tag?

Anyway, it's not looking good for the maid:

Quote:
Anne Sinclair, the wife of former International Monetary Fund head Dominique Strauss-Kahn, is using her millions to help her husband fight sexual assault charges....Sinclair was a prominent television journalist in France when she married Strauss-Kahn in 1991. It was his third marriage and her second. Sinclair retreated from her career and became a driving force behind Strauss-Kahn's political ambitions. She used her considerable family fortune to finance his political career.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dominique-strauss-kahn-case-wife-anne-sinclair-...

Given the investment she's already made in DSK, Sinclair isn't going to let something so petty as a sexual assault charge stand between her and the power and prominence she so obviously craves.

MegB

I'm hoping that the publicity, combined with the other women coming forward, will be enough to offset DSK's team of megabuck lawyers.  Hoping, but not expecting.  As for Anne Sinclair, well, Barbara Amiel-Black probably isn't A list anymore by a long shot, and that's probably the worst to expect for Sinclair. 

This is what happens when wealthy powerful sociopaths marry.

NDPP

6079_Smith_W wrote:

@ NDPP

and this:

http://counterpunch.org/johnstone05172011.html

In his comments, Nicolas Dupont-Aignan was the first public person in France to express concern for the victim.  “If the facts are proven, it is very grave, all the more in that nobody speaks of the victim.  If it had happened in France, I am not sure that the police would have dared to arrest DSK.”  Dupont-Aignan deplored the fact that France “will go on having that image of a culture of impunity for important personalities. …  The United States”, he concluded, “has a lot of faults but in such sex cases they have much less of the culture of impunity which prevails in our country.”

NDPP

Diana Johnstone's piece is excellent and perhaps has additional cautionary resonances for Canada as well:

"...The Mitterand era in reality buried socialism, or even social democracy, but the Socialist Party went on calling itself 'the left'. This no longer referred to economic policies favoring the working class but above all to moral issues such as anti-racism and all sorts of vague good inentions.

With Dominique Strauss-Kahn, the mere absence of socialism evolved into something more vigorous: unabashed promotion of global capitalism. The fact that he was clearly an eager champion of mulitlateral finance capital posing as a socialist was not the problem: the problem was that it showed..."

NDPP

NDPP wrote:

6079_Smith_W wrote:

@ NDPP

and this:

http://counterpunch.org/johnstone05172011.html

In his comments, Nicolas Dupont-Aignan was the first public person in France to express concern for the victim.  “If the facts are proven, it is very grave, all the more in that nobody speaks of the victim.  If it had happened in France, I am not sure that the police would have dared to arrest DSK.”  Dupont-Aignan deplored the fact that France “will go on having that image of a culture of impunity for important personalities. …  The United States”, he concluded, “has a lot of faults but in such sex cases they have much less of the culture of impunity which prevails in our country.”

NDPP

Diana Johnstone's piece is excellent and perhaps has additional cautionary resonances for Canada as well:

"...The Mitterand era in reality buried socialism, or even social democracy, but the Socialist Party went on calling itself 'the left'. This no longer referred to economic policies favoring the working class but above all to moral issues such as anti-racism and all sorts of vague good intentions.

With Dominique Strauss-Kahn, the mere absence of socialism evolved into something more vigorous: unabashed promotion of global capitalism. The fact that he was clearly an eager champion of mulitlateral finance capital posing as a socialist was not the problem: the problem was that it showed..."

 

6079_Smith_W

@ NDPP 

Yes, I should say that is an interesting site, Thanks.

NDPP

View From Europe - Economic Warfare

http://pennyforyourthoughts2.blogspot.com/2011/05/dominique-strauss-kahn...

"...The DSK case is a US act of war against Europe. The premise being the US is bankrupt. The solution is to take down the Euro, to subject the eurozone to speculation. Making it easier for the US to continue forcing treasury bills on the other nations..."

voice of the damned

NDPP wrote:

View From Europe - Economic Warfare

http://pennyforyourthoughts2.blogspot.com/2011/05/dominique-strauss-kahn...

"...The DSK case is a US act of war against Europe. The premise being the US is bankrupt. The solution is to take down the Euro, to subject the eurozone to speculation. Making it easier for the US to continue forcing treasury bills on the other nations..."

So, is it now the case that anytime someone who's at odds with American policy on some issue gets accused of rape, the global left will automatically assume that the complainant is a liar?

 

NDPP

I see no indication the 'global left' automatically assumes it now, nor will 'anytime' in the future. Some do. Many don't.

NDPP

A Tale Of Two Rape Charges  -  by Naomi Wolf

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2011/05/23/a-tale-of-two-rape-char...

"...if Strauss-Kahn turns out, after a fair trial, to be a violent sex criminal, may his sentence be harsh indeed. But the way in which this case is being processed is profoundly worrisome. In 23 years of covering sexcrime - and in a city where domestic workers are raped by the score every month, often by powerful men - I have never seen the New York Police Department snap into action like this on any victim's behalf.

This does not mean that Strauss-Kahn is innocent or that he is guilty. It means that policy outcomes can be advanced nowadays, in a surveillance society, by exploiting or manipulating charges, where real or inflated..."

The France That Hasn't Shown Its Face to DKS  - by Robert Zaretsky

http://www.forward.com/articles/138035/

"The case of Dominique Strauss-Kahn, the former director of the IMF and leading Socialist politician now accused of sexual assault, has left the French public shocked and scandalized in many different ways. But curiously, there is one response that we have not seen: anti-Semitism. Curious, because France's long hstory with its Jews has often been troubled and it is at moments such as these that an ugly strain of homegrown anti-Semitism rears its head..."

Freedom 55

[url=http://www.tomdispatch.com/blog/175395/tomgram:_rebecca_solnit,_when_ins... Collide in a Luxury Suite - Some Thoughts on the IMF, Global Injustice, and a Stranger on a Train[/url] by Rebecca Solnit

NDPP

Strauss-Kahn's Pals Bid To Pay Off Woman's Kin

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/maid_offer_ya_can_refuse_joKw...

"They already talked with her family,' a French businesswoman with close ties to Strauss-Kahn and his family told The Post. 'For sure it's going to end up on a quiet note. He'll get out of it and will fly back to France. He won't spend time in jail. The woman will get a lot of money,' said the source, adding that a seven figure sum has been bandied about.."

MegB

NDPP wrote:

View From Europe - Economic Warfare

http://pennyforyourthoughts2.blogspot.com/2011/05/dominique-strauss-kahn...

"...The DSK case is a US act of war against Europe. The premise being the US is bankrupt. The solution is to take down the Euro, to subject the eurozone to speculation. Making it easier for the US to continue forcing treasury bills on the other nations..."

 

Quote:

"...The DSK case is a US act of war against Europe. The premise being the US is bankrupt. The solution is to take down the Euro, to subject the eurozone to speculation. Making it easier for the US to continue forcing treasury bills on the other nations..."

If you wish to continue to post this conspiracy theory garbage, please include some context so that we understand that you are offering information, not propping up this opinion (which has already been overstated and throughly critiqued in this thread).

Thanks.

Slumberjack

There exists the very real possibility that DSK committed this act of violence, just as it is plausible to consider that competing business interests within the geo-political power class are using the circumstances as leverage in support of the usual objective of predatory dominance.  I see no reason why articles of this nature, which may or may not help to explain the behaviour of the entire clique of potential beneficiaries surrounding the incident, should be taken as invalidating the criminal proceedings underway against this man.  And if a new rule of thumb is being applied with respect to a limiting of overstated and thoroughly critiqued arguments, I have a list of other discussions that might be considered in that light, starting with polling threads.

Caissa

Test results returned Monday found that DNA from former International Monetary Fund leader Dominique Strauss-Kahn matched material on the work clothes of a Manhattan hotel maid who says he attacked her, two people familiar with the investigation told The Associated Press.

The two people would not describe the material found on the shirt but said DNA matched a sample from Strauss-Kahn, who submitted to testing after his arrest more than a week ago.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/05/24/dominique-strauss-kahn.html

Northern Shoveler Northern Shoveler's picture

It all adds up to me.  If he is a nasty and predatory privileged man with a "well known" pattern of behaviour then if you want to take an asshole like him down all you have to do is follow him for a short time.

This seems to fit ALL the facts the best. I would even go as far as acknowledging that this woman might have been sent up early to the room on purpose because someone was expecting this to happen.  Until I see a shred of evidence to the contrary I would tend to believe the woman is a victim and possibly a pawn that an unseen player sacrificed to capture a bishop of finance.

Caissa

I'm glad to see you are applying Occam's razor to the evidence, N.S.

Slumberjack

I'd just as soon go with the most plausible evident at this moment, based on what is already known.  A vicious and power hungry predator once again did what the conditioned nature of such vicious predators compels them to do, and other vicious predators on the periphery of this incident see an opportunity to do what is in their nature.

MegB

Northern Shoveler wrote:

I would even go as far as acknowledging that this woman might have been sent up early to the room on purpose because someone was expecting this to happen.  Until I see a shred of evidence to the contrary I would tend to believe the woman is a victim and possibly a pawn that an unseen player sacrificed to capture a bishop of finance.

Rebecca West wrote:
Any hint or suggestion that the rape story is part of a conspiracy to discredit DSK implies that the rape charge is somehow invalid, and writing "nobody's saying the rape didn't happen" doesn't change that.  Invalidating a woman's accusation of sexual assault without any evidence is anti-progressive and misogynist, and violates babble policy.  The next babbler who connects the rape to a DSK conspiracy is in violation of policy, so consider yourselves warned.

What part of the above are you not understanding?

Northern Shoveler Northern Shoveler's picture

Rebecca West wrote:

Northern Shoveler wrote:

I would even go as far as acknowledging that this woman might have been sent up early to the room on purpose because someone was expecting this to happen.  Until I see a shred of evidence to the contrary I would tend to believe the woman is a victim and possibly a pawn that an unseen player sacrificed to capture a bishop of finance.

Rebecca West wrote:
Any hint or suggestion that the rape story is part of a conspiracy to discredit DSK implies that the rape charge is somehow invalid, and writing "nobody's saying the rape didn't happen" doesn't change that.  Invalidating a woman's accusation of sexual assault without any evidence is anti-progressive and misogynist, and violates babble policy.  The next babbler who connects the rape to a DSK conspiracy is in violation of policy, so consider yourselves warned.

What part of the above are you not understanding?

Then ban me for supporting this woman and claiming the evidence shows she might have been an unwitting pawn but that she is certainly a victim.

I standby what I said because it is from a pro-feminist position.  Please reread what I read.  What part of my post did you think offended?  If you can't see the difference then I take back the support I 've been giving to the current moderators and will have to agree that the micromanagement is over the top.

 

 

]

Snert Snert's picture

Quote:
Any hint or suggestion that the rape story is part of a conspiracy to discredit DSK implies that the rape charge is somehow invalid, and writing "nobody's saying the rape didn't happen" doesn't change that.  Invalidating a woman's accusation of sexual assault without any evidence is anti-progressive and misogynist, and violates babble policy.  The next babbler who connects the rape to a DSK conspiracy is in violation of policy, so consider yourselves warned.

 

Where was this policy when identical speculation was taking place with regard to St. Julian of Assange?

Catchfire Catchfire's picture

Perhaps you were reading different threads, Snert, but the same policy was attempted to be put in place then. With about the same level of success, and same disregard for feminist principles and rape victims.

NS, I've appreciated your comments in this thread, but I hope you recognize that "acknowledging that this woman might have been sent up early to the room on purpose" does more than simply keep an open mind. It also asserts that possiblility despite the entire absence of any evidence supporting it. It's a needless and superfluous assertion.

Slumberjack

Catchfire wrote:
"acknowledging that this woman might have been sent up early to the room on purpose" does more than simply keep an open mind. It also asserts that possiblility despite the entire absence of any evidence supporting it. It's a needless and superfluous assertion.

Be that as it may, it doesn't in and of itself equate to a suggestion that nothing occurred, or that the victim was in on it.  Superfluous assertions in support of various theories have been the bread and butter of many around here for years.

Ghislaine

Slumberjack wrote:

Catchfire wrote:
"acknowledging that this woman might have been sent up early to the room on purpose" does more than simply keep an open mind. It also asserts that possiblility despite the entire absence of any evidence supporting it. It's a needless and superfluous assertion.

Be that as it may, it doesn't in and of itself equate to a suggestion that nothing occurred, or that the victim was in on it.  Superfluous assertions in support of various theories have been the bread and butter of many around here for years.

If the reality is that the maid was sent up to the room early by her bosses who were in on this big conspiracy...all that would show is that DSK was already well-known to have a history as a rapist!  How on earth could this "conspiracy" work if all of these anti-DSK powers didn't assume with near-certainty that he WOULD rape the maid?

 

Ghislaine

....and given the response in France to the arrest, it begs the question of whether he would've been arrested at all had tried to rape a maid there? Has it happened before there? Was it swept under the rug? Was the person paid off so he could continue sexually assaulting people with impunity? I think women in France should be really questioning how such an allegation would've been handled there.

Slumberjack

Ghislaine wrote:
If the reality is that the maid was sent up to the room early by her bosses who were in on this big conspiracy...all that would show is that DSK was already well-known to have a history as a rapist!  How on earth could this "conspiracy" work if all of these anti-DSK powers didn't assume with near-certainty that he WOULD rape the maid? 

No amount of speculation with respect to what may or may not have been circulating within the minds of the wider kleptocracy changes the fact that DSK was arrested and charged with sexual assault.  This particular debate isn't to do with the question of did he or didn't he commit an act of violence.  The evidence is beginning to speak to that question at any rate.  It's quite understandable that caution is being exercised in terms of a particular train of thought which might suggest that the potential for a set-up somehow equates to the entire thing being a fabricated skit, which subsequently aids in the discounting of a victim's voice in this circumstance.  I just don't happen to believe at this point that speculation along the lines of a wider involvement, some level of foreknowledge, or the subsequent motivations of the elite accomplishes that, directly or indirectly.

Penny2

[quote=Ghislaine

What a load of BS! This guy is just so irressitable to us swooning women that he could NEVER Ever rape someone! Not when we are all lined up begging to be with him!

Then what is a groupie?
In rock, in baseball, in golf for cripes sakes?

Penny2

I find the "pro-feminist" claims very odd? Very odd indeed.

Does Pro-feminism trump fact, logic or truth?
Apparently here it does?
Odd

Penny2

Anyway...... DSK arrests boils down to trial by media.
Is it possible the girl was set up as an unsuspecting victim?
Entirely.
Anyone who believe this is "anti-feminist", well what can I say.
Women have been used all throughout history.
Some have it thrust upon themselves and some take it upon themselves quite willingly.
Just a fact.

Oh and the view from Europe that NDPP posted from my blog.
"Conspiracy Theory"?
I find that offensive, childish and offensive.
The Europeans cannot have their own take on this situation?
They cannot express their opinions without ridicule?

Catchfire Catchfire's picture

Hi Penny2. Welcome to babble. As you saw in the babble policy, babble defines itself as a pro-feminist space. If you find that "odd" or "childish," you are welcome to head elsewhere. To your blog, for instance. There, you are free to posit any wild ol' theory you like.

ETA. And can I again remind everyone, as this thread is drained to its lees, that there is no evidence whatsoever that the victim was set up.  

Ghislaine

Penny2, I have a feeling you won't be around here for very long. However, how can someone be "set up" for sexual assault?

Regardless of whether someone told this maid to go into his room or not....he still allegedy sexually harassed her.

If he wasn't inclined to sexually assault, it wouldn't have been possible to set him up.

Pages

Topic locked