I can't take credit for this thread idea, but I think it might be valuable. So let me kick it off:
[b][i]If McCain and Palin were running the White House today...[/i][/b]
1. Guantanamo might still be open.
2. U.S. troops might still be in Iraq.
3. U.S. troops might still be in Afghanistan.
4. There might still be no single-payer public health care, certainly no bill before Congress even proposing it.
5. Racism and racial profiling would still be a daily way of life in the U.S., with the government at best making jokes and excuses about it.
6. The U.S. would still be slavishly kissing the backside of Israel, which would probably even have a Likud government by now.
7. The U.S. would have addressed the economic crisis by handing out hundreds of billions of dollars to the banks and corporations, while ordinary folks still lose their jobs and homes and try to make ends meet.
8. Same-sex marriage and queers openly joining the armed forces would still be a thing of the future.
9. The death penalty would still be on the books.
10. There would still be no public funding of abortion.
11. Cabinet secretaries would still be pointing to Canada as a source of terrorism and advocating that all Americans be vigilant and denounce each other at the slightest sign of unAmerikan activity.
Ok, your turn.