President-Elect Hillary Clinton

163 posts / 0 new
Last post
ygtbk

Cody87 wrote:

iyraste1313 wrote:

CNN...do you mean the Clinton network news...surely you can{t be expected to be taken seriously if you quote CNN.....I suggest you read Wikileaks to see the level of collusion.......I{m sorry this can{t be taken seriously

Can't read Wikileaks. It's illegal. CNN said so. Can't make this stuff up.

"Remember...It's illegal to possess these stolen documents. It's different for the media. So everything you learn about this, you're learning from us."

I'd really like to hear the rationale for "it's different for the media", in some detail. Because that seems improbable. 

Timebandit Timebandit's picture

Nothing says credibility like a misogynist cartoonist and a largely anonymous internet forum known for being a cesspit of hate.

SeekingAPolitic...

6079_Smith_W wrote:

SeekingAPoliticalHome wrote:

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/28/fbi-probing-new-clinton-emails.html

 

New emails trouble for hillary.

Trouble perhaps because some people who hear this may not look fully into the full story. These are emails not written by her. and which apparently have no connection to wilikeaks or the clinton foundation. Perhaps this is in part the FBI coming under pressure from congress.

I am no information as to what actually find.  But speaking politicaly this looks bad for clinton, the official position was stated by the FBI.  Everything else rumor or leaks until  the FBI speaks again.  If I was running team trump I would stick the official statement and just aviod being drown it the leaks.  The FBI statement is nice and vague you make whatever you want out of  it but it seems something nefarious.  The trump campagiin said the trump will not(I not sure if can stop himself) speak further to the issue and let the clinton argue and about leaks and rumors.  As sucugrats of trump should say is quote the offical FBI document and dont any else.  And then the talking head for the clinton campaign starts talking about the leaks,  the trump talking about leaks then quote the offical documents.  Don't drawn into battle of leaks stick the offical FBI document.  Let the clinton talking head talk about leaks and trump talking head quote the FBI.  Something "I am not comfortable talking about leaks and rumors I want to talk about what the head of FBI communted ".  That would be perfect. 

6079_Smith_W

Right. That is why they are saying "bring it on":

Quote:

Meanwhile, Clinton's campaign manager, John Podesta, said in a statement, "The Director owes it to the American people to immediately provide the full details of what he is now examining. We are confident this will not produce any conclusions different from the one the FBI reached in July."

And he is right about them owing full disclosure.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/how-anthony-weiner-got-mix...

THis is a highly unethical and political act by the FBI, coming just weeks before the election.

 

Cody87

Timebandit wrote:

Nothing says credibility like a misogynist cartoonist and a largely anonymous internet forum known for being a cesspit of hate.

This year Breitbart and Drudge's pageviews have exploded while every corporate news outlet (even Fox - except pro-Trump Hannity) has seen huge drops in ratings. What makes you think people care about "credibility?"

Besides, the majority of people who see those campaigns - especially the 4chan one which is a false flag - don't know their origins.

All I'm saying is that Clinton will probably be relieved to be talking about emails again, an issue nobody cares about, instead of discussing new revelations from Wikileaks, Veritas, and the very effective social media campaigns that were having an impact.

6079_Smith_W

dp

Timebandit Timebandit's picture

Don't take pageviews as agreement. A lot of people will read in order to keep up with what the clowns are doing.

So far, Wikileaks has had little or nothing of import. Although I am interested in Podesta's risotto hints.

ETA: Much is being made of Comey's announcement that more emails have been found. Here's some details on them and on Comey's handling of the situation:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/james-comey

Quote:
Let's review what we appear to know, based on news that has come out since the initial report at about 1 PM this afternoon. In the course of the FBI's investigation into Anthony Wiener's alleged sexting with a 15 year old girlfriend, the FBI seized a device (apparently a computer). That computer was used by both Weiner and his estranged wife Huma Abedin. Abedin is not only a top Clinton aide. Her email was also on the same private server that Clinton used. The FBI scrutinized tens of thousands of emails that had passed through Clinton's server looking for classified information. Now they have more emails in the same category. It makes sense for them to review these too.

Not that I think anything further will come of it.

6079_Smith_W

Nothing of substance anyway. And nothing at all except a whole bunch of reverse onus.

But then I expect that was the whole idea in the first place. If they actually HAD something you can be sure it would be the headline.

 

6079_Smith_W

And bang. He is actually going to have to take responsibility for his actions:

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/10/28/doj-complaint-filed-fbi-director-...

Quote:

A complaint has been filed against FBI Director James Comey with Department of Justice Office of Professional Responsibility that accuses him of interfering in a presidential election.

The Democratic Coalition Against Trump released a statement announcing their complaint

bekayne

Cody87 wrote:

Veritas

Oh yeah, the guy who got $10,000 from the Trump Foundation

Misfit Misfit's picture

In defence of the FBI Director, he was in a damned if he did and damned if he didn't situation. If he waited to disclose this information until after the election, then he would have been accused of sitting on pertinent information and biasing the election in favour of the Democrats. The Democrats are also correct that the information needs to be disclosed as soon as possible so that the issue can be resolved in a timely manner.

montrealer58 montrealer58's picture

"WEINER SEXTING PROBE LEADS FBI TO REVIEW CLINTON CASE"

Is exactly what it says on CNN.

Too funny.

6079_Smith_W

Yes, but given the sensitive nature of the timing , he should have (and easily could have) pointed out what this was about, and what it was NOT about. 

Here is what Clinton had to say about it:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/28/politics/fbi-reviewing-new-emails-in-clint...

6079_Smith_W

Time to revive the joke from earlier this year: If you want proof the Clintons aren't killing off their enemies, why isn't Anthony Wiener dead?

 

NDPP

Fighting Ghost Fascists While Aiding Real Ones  -  by Glen Ford

http://blackagendareport.com/ghost_fascists_vs_real_ones

"An  architect of regime-change, coups, no-fly zones, rule of the rich and mass incarcertation is about to become Commander-in-Chief yet the bulk of what passes for the Left is "engaged in a 1930s-style 'united front against a fascism that was never a threat in 21st century America.

Donald Trump, the orange menace, didn't have a chance of becoming president. Hillary Clinton, on the other hand, is a 21st century fascist and a threat to life on earth."

Bec.De.Corbin Bec.De.Corbin's picture

Oh bullshit. The only a threat to life on earth is if Russia via Putin miscalculates a newly elected Clinton and thinks they can come out on top of a nuclear exchange.

Russia is having old school civil nuclear war defense drills, not the USA. 

Cody87

Bec.De.Corbin wrote:

Oh bullshit. The only a threat to life on earth is if Russia via Putin miscalculates a newly elected Clinton and thinks they can come out on top of a nuclear exchange.

Russia is having old school civil nuclear war defense drills, not the USA. 

I guess the US is not worried about defending from a nuclear attack then?

Cody87

bekayne wrote:

Cody87 wrote:

Veritas

Oh yeah, the guy who got $10,000 from the Trump Foundation

She gets caught paying people to incite violence at her opponent's rallies, as well as several other crimes.

Counterargument is guy who released it was paid $10k by Trump.

Meanwhile she and Bill are implicated in millions of dollars in bribes from wall street, foreign countries, and other elites. Hell, they took a $20k bribe from the guy who got $10k from Trump! So really, if you think about it, they took a bribe from their political opponent.

I'd say Trump got his $10k worth.

NorthReport
josh
Misfit Misfit's picture

I personally think that this last email controversy is all hype and no substance.

Misfit Misfit's picture

Josh, what I liked about your article in post #130 is that the FBI is doing a criminal investigation looking into a possible link between the stolen Democratic emails, and a possible Russia and Wikileaks connection to very close insiders within the Trump campaign. Yet, the FBI has been conspicuously quiet on this fact, but not on this one pertaining to a separate case not even connected with Hillary Clinton. And what about the sexual assault case against Trump involving an underage girl at Epstein's estate? No discussion about that either.

josh

Misfit wrote:
Josh, what I liked about your article in post #130 is that the FBI is doing a criminal investigation looking into a possible link between the stolen Democratic emails, and a possible Russia and Wikileaks connection to very close insiders within the Trump campaign. Yet, the FBI has been conspicuously quiet on this fact, but not on this one pertaining to a separate case not even connected with Hillary Clinton. And what about the sexual assault case against Trump involving an underage girl at Epstein's estate? No discussion about that either.

I guess it's that "liberal media" again.

SeekingAPolitic...

Misfit wrote:
I personally think that this last email controversy is all hype and no substance.

 

You maybe or not be correct but that dosen,t really matter.  In politics truth takes back seat to preception. And  fbi head did trump a solid, this is a policitcal treausre chest.  Both parties will spin the statement but trump can drive giant truck through vague statement of the fbi.  Until or if the head of the fbi speaks team trump will speculate and fill the vagueness with narative that is helpful to trump.  new polling on sunday should see if there are any signifcant change.  Until then both sides will spin it and hope for the best.  but trump has a real opportunity to do some damage.   

New news CNN tv---- comey's superiors suggested that he should have not sent the document. interesting indeed.

attorney general odjected to fbi's clinton email letter.---on tv banner

Rev Pesky

NDPP wrote:

Fighting Ghost Fascists While Aiding Real Ones  -  by Glen Ford

http://blackagendareport.com/ghost_fascists_vs_real_ones

...Donald Trump, the orange menace, didn't have a chance of becoming president. Hillary Clinton, on the other hand, is a 21st century fascist and a threat to life on earth."

The writer of the article has no idea what a fascist is.

NDPP

"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism, since it is the merger of state and corporate power." B. Mussolini. There's nothing more Hillary than that...

josh

Template for a Trump remodeled White House.

http://rarehistoricalphotos.com/headquarters-fascist-party-1934/

josh

NDPP wrote:

"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism, since it is the merger of state and corporate power." B. Mussolini. There's nothing more Hillary than that...

Sounds like Putin's Russia.

NDPP

or Canada.

SeekingAPolitic...

SeekingAPoliticalHome wrote:

Misfit wrote:
I personally think that this last email controversy is all hype and no substance.

 

You maybe or not be correct but that dosen,t really matter.  In politics truth takes back seat to preception. And  fbi head did trump a solid, this is a policitcal treausre chest.  Both parties will spin the statement but trump can drive giant truck through vague statement of the fbi.  Until or if the head of the fbi speaks team trump will speculate and fill the vagueness with narative that is helpful to trump.  new polling on sunday should see if there are any signifcant change.  Until then both sides will spin it and hope for the best.  but trump has a real opportunity to do some damage.   

New news CNN tv---- comey's superiors suggested that he should have not sent the document. interesting indeed.

attorney general odjected to fbi's clinton email letter.---on tv banner

I thought I was I reading onion web site, but the attorney general Lynch, the same Lynch has condemened Comey appearently took the 5th.  I am not sure what to make it of it.  She is the top law enforcement official and yet see will not answer questions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3885328/Loretta-Lynch-pleads-fif...

????????????????

SeekingAPolitic...

SeekingAPoliticalHome wrote:

SeekingAPoliticalHome wrote:

Misfit wrote:
I personally think that this last email controversy is all hype and no substance.

 

You maybe or not be correct but that dosen,t really matter.  In politics truth takes back seat to preception. And  fbi head did trump a solid, this is a policitcal treausre chest.  Both parties will spin the statement but trump can drive giant truck through vague statement of the fbi.  Until or if the head of the fbi speaks team trump will speculate and fill the vagueness with narative that is helpful to trump.  new polling on sunday should see if there are any signifcant change.  Until then both sides will spin it and hope for the best.  but trump has a real opportunity to do some damage.   

New news CNN tv---- comey's superiors suggested that he should have not sent the document. interesting indeed.

attorney general odjected to fbi's clinton email letter.---on tv banner

I thought I was I reading onion web site, but the attorney general Lynch, the same Lynch has condemened Comey appearently took the 5th.  I am not sure what to make it of it.  She is the top law enforcement official and yet see will not answer questions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3885328/Loretta-Lynch-pleads-fif...

????????????????

 

correction are reading the article a few times ,

'As the United States' chief law enforcement officer, it is outrageous that you would essentially plead the fifth and refuse to respond to inquiries,' Rubio and Pompeo wrote.

i think republicans were enaging in usual hyberpole, no fifth taken just will not answer.

Misfit Misfit's picture

That has to do with Iran, not with the Weiner computer controversy.

Rev Pesky

NDPP wrote:

"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism, since it is the merger of state and corporate power." B. Mussolini. There's nothing more Hillary than that...

For those who would like a first-hand explanation of Fascism:

Fascism: What It Is and How To Fight It.

Quote:
...To the Stalinists, every capitalist party was automatically "fascist".

...How divorced from reality the Stalinist line was may be illustrated be recalling its translation into American terms. In the 1932 elections, American Stalinists denounced Franklin Roosevelt as the fascist candidate...

... The fascist movement in Italy was a spontaneous movement of large masses, with new leaders from the rank and file. It is a plebian movement in origin, directed and financed by big capitalist powers. It issued forth from the petty bourgeoisie, the slum proletariat, and even to a certain extent from the proletarian masses...

...The movement in Germany is analogous mostly to the Italian. It is a mass movement, with its leaders employing a great deal of socialist demagogy. This is necessary for the creation of the mass movement.

...At the moment that the "normal" police and military resources of the bourgeois dictatorship, together with their parliamentary screens, no longer suffice to hold society in a state of equilibrium -- the turn of the fascist regime arrives. Through the fascist agency, capitalism sets in motion the masses of the crazed petty bourgeoisie and the bands of declassed and demoralized lumpenproletariat -- all the countless human beings whom finance capital itself has brought to desperation and frenzy.

The above pamphlet should be required reading for all leftists.

Bec.De.Corbin Bec.De.Corbin's picture

Cody87 wrote:

Bec.De.Corbin wrote:

Oh bullshit. The only a threat to life on earth is if Russia via Putin miscalculates a newly elected Clinton and thinks they can come out on top of a nuclear exchange.

Russia is having old school civil nuclear war defense drills, not the USA. 

I guess the US is not worried about defending from a nuclear attack then?

You're confusing missle defence with civil defence. As far as civil defence goes most of the US populatin feel it's a waste of time. A major nuclear war with Russia is not survivable for the major population areas. Like I said only one side is conducting civil defence drills.

NDPP

The Hillary Era is Coming: Worry!

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/10/28/the-hillary-era-is-coming-worry/

"What lies ahead with Hillary in control, is too horrible to contemplate."

NorthReport

Decent Americans are probably so repulsed by the GOP/FBI tactics they will probably give Clinton a bigger majority than she otherwise would have received

Misfit Misfit's picture

NR, I agree. But it isn't the FBI in general but the rogue actions of one person only, Comey. I honestly think that he should be fired over this, and immediately, if not sooner.

Cody87

NorthReport wrote:
Decent Americans are probably so repulsed by the GOP/FBI tactics they will probably give Clinton a bigger majority than she otherwise would have received

It really is astounding how badly you let your bias affect your analysis.

Rev Pesky

NDPP wrote:

The Hillary Era is Coming: Worry!

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/10/28/the-hillary-era-is-coming-worry/

"What lies ahead with Hillary in control, is too horrible to contemplate."

Of interest to me in reading this article is the fact that Hillary Clinton is referred to by first name 25 times. Donald Trump is referred to by first name only 4 times, and in those his name is mostly prefaced by the word 'the', as in 'the Donald'. 

Trump shows up 39 times, while Clinton shows up only 8 times.

Cody87

Rev Pesky wrote:

NDPP wrote:

The Hillary Era is Coming: Worry!

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/10/28/the-hillary-era-is-coming-worry/

"What lies ahead with Hillary in control, is too horrible to contemplate."

Of interest to me in reading this article is the fact that Hillary Clinton is referred to by first name 25 times. Donald Trump is referred to by first name only 4 times, and in those his name is mostly prefaced by the word 'the', as in 'the Donald'. 

Trump shows up 39 times, while Clinton shows up only 8 times.

This is an astute observation. But I ask, how should Hillary Clinton be referred to?

I've seen her supporters complain about literally everything, even "Mrs. Clinton" (hi Magoo).

Back in 2015 some Trudeau supporters complained about "Mr. Mulcair" and "Stephen Harper" vs. "Justin." But how can "Justin" be an issue (implied lack of respect) when for a long time that's how he marketed himself? Likewise, I can't find fault with referring to Hillary as, well, Hillary, when her campaign clearly is pushing a narrative of "I'm with Hillary." 

I actually find this issue very frustrating because I'd much prefer to refer them both in the same way (ie Hillary and Donald or Clinton and Trump or Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Trump), but their branding is different so I think that's where the issue lies.

Misfit Misfit's picture

What about Ms. Clinton. C'mon now, its 2016 and not the 1800's anymore.

Mr. Magoo

Quote:
I've seen her supporters complain about literally everything, even "Mrs. Clinton" (hi Magoo).

Did I utter some discouraging words about that?  Do you recall where, because I don't.

Other than that, I mostly agree.  Clinton's "brand" is "Hillary", by choice, so as long as she's being called "Hillary" with the same respect that Trump is called "Trump", I don't really see a foul.

Quote:
I actually find this issue very frustrating because I'd much prefer to refer them both in the same way (ie Hillary and Donald or Clinton and Trump or Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Trump), but their branding is different so I think that's where the issue lies.

Why not just go with "Trump" and "Clinton"?  You really can't go wrong with that.

Misfit Misfit's picture

Except Ivanka and Bill, I guess.

Mr. Magoo

Or Melania and Chelsea, I suppose.

But this shouldn't be a larger-than-life problem.

I'd suggest that if needs be, "Mr. Trump" (or just "Trump"), "Ms. Trump" and "Trump's daughter [Ivanka]" should be unambiguous.

Similarly, "Ms.Mrs. Clinton" (or just "Clinton"), "Mr. Clinton" and "Clinton's daughter [Chelsea]".

From what I've seen, it's possible that Clinton prefers "Mrs." to "Ms.", and if so then the choice is easy.

Misfit Misfit's picture

You could be right there, magoo.

NDPP

Audio From 2006 Emerges Where Clinton Wants To Rig Palestinian Elections (and audio)

https://t.co/SDzENKDcn6

"I don't think we should have pushed an election in the Palestinian territories. I think that was a big mistake,' said Sen Clinton. 'And if we were going to push for an election, then we should have made sure we did something to determine who was going to win."

Hillary on how to win elections

6079_Smith_W

That isn't what she said at all.

She said that it would only be in the U.S. interest to push an election if they were going to interfere and determine the winner.

She did not want to push the election, so clealy interference was not on the table for her.  And obviously the U.S. did not rig the election that did happen.

A candid statement about U.S. interest sure. But not an admission that she would actually interfere. She said the opposite - that she did NOT want to interfere.

 

 

 

NorthReport

!!!

NorthReport

!!!

bekayne

No misogyny here...right guys?

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2016/10/30/hillary-clinton-faces-inte...

WARRENTON, VA.—“She’s a whore,” said Jim Brewster, a 62-year-old farmer, as he walked into the bakery for some coffee.

“Murderous, rotten, no-good, pious … bitch,” said Waldo Ward, a 60-something retiree, as he left Walmart with Halloween candy for the neighbourhood kids. “She should be taken out and shot. Absolutely.”

“I confess that I’m a Christian, and I shouldn’t hate, but it’s awful close,” said Charles Graves, a smiling 71-year-old recently retired from a career in logistics.

“It’s not like I’m not a Donald Trump fan,” said Rusty Gibson, 47, an electrician. “But it’s like good versus evil.”

This was not a Trump rally. This was not some downtrodden bastion of blue-collar rage. This was four guys going about their Saturday in a Republican-leaning high-income Virginia town an hour from Washington, D.C.

...

Among other things, three of 15 men interviewed said Clinton had something to do with the 1993 death of White House lawyer Vince Foster. (She did not. It was a suicide.) Ward, who wants Clinton shot, acknowledged that he “can’t prove” this. But he is comfortable with his “assumption.” Clinton, he said, is a sociopath.

“She’s totally incapable of telling the truth,” he said. “And there’s a distinct possibility she might not even know what the truth is.”

 

Pages