Turns Out Melania Trump Did Work Illegally in the U.S. After All

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
NorthReport
Turns Out Melania Trump Did Work Illegally in the U.S. After All

!!!

NorthReport

 

Turns Out Melania Trump Did Work Illegally in the U.S. After All

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/11/05/melania_trump_reported...

Mr. Magoo

[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/2vbjt4w.jpg[/IMG]

In case it wasn't clear, those are also small potatoes.

 

Rev Pesky

IT would be even smaller potatoes if Donald Trump hadn't said, "We're going to deport all small potatoes that are working illegally in this country!" Or is it a case of 'do as I say, not as I do"...

Mr. Magoo

At this point it's just a case of "less than four whole days left".  I don't expect that the Trump supporters who cannot possibly abide his lovely wife working in the greatest country that ever there was are going to be the dangling chads of 2016.

The greater concern is Hillary's case of Mad Cow Disease!  And why she denies it!!

Cody87

Slate is a reliable, nonpartisan source. Also, I see no double standards in criticising a candidate for not holding their spouse to the same standards they hold others to.

Of course candidates should be held to account for the crimes of their spouses.

Of course, the analogy between the candidates isn't perfect: it's questionable if they should be held to account for crimes their spouse commited before they even met. 

But I guess, at this point there's no point holding back...might as well sling whatever dirt you can find and hope it sticks.

swallow swallow's picture

Who cares if she worked illegally in the USA or not? What bearing does that have on who should be president? This is irrelevant. 

Mr. Magoo

Quote:
Of course candidates should be held to account for the crimes of their spouses.

What?

Rev Pesky

Cody87 wrote:
...Of course, the analogy between the candidates isn't perfect: it's questionable if they should be held to account for crimes their spouse commited before they even met. 

You've missed the point. The problem is that Donald Trump has campaigned specifically on deporting people who have worked illegally in the USA. His antipathy towards 'illegal' aliens working in the USA has been a strong part of his campagn, It's not the crime, it's the hypocrisy.

If I'm Anthony Weiner, and I campaign for public office on a platform of shutting down web porn, etc., etc., then am found to have emailed pictures of my dick to various people, I think it's well within anyone's right to point out that my campaign may have a bit of a rotten plank...

NorthReport
Cody87

Rev Pesky wrote:

Cody87 wrote:
...Of course, the analogy between the candidates isn't perfect: it's questionable if they should be held to account for crimes their spouse commited before they even met. 

You've missed the point. The problem is that Donald Trump has campaigned specifically on deporting people who have worked illegally in the USA. His antipathy towards 'illegal' aliens working in the USA has been a strong part of his campagn, It's not the crime, it's the hypocrisy.

How is that any different than Clinton campaigning on believing women and protecting women's rights after destroying Bill Clinton's victims?

I don't talk about Bill much because "he's not the one running for POTUS" despite the fact that Hillary has stood by him despite his well-documented abuse of many women over many decades while married to Hillary. Which is extremely contrary to her platform.

Now with 4 days to go they try to smear Trump because years before he even met Melania she broke immigration law by working a couple weeks before she was legally allowed to, when anyone ought to know she still went through the legal process to become a citizen which is the whole point of Trump's immigration stance. You can come to America but do it legally.

You missed the point. The point is if anyone is being even remotely objective they will see that both spouses have done things contrary to their spouse's current platform, but the extent and gravity of the offenses are much worse in the case of the Clintons.

Donald Trump, now married to a woman who before they met once broke immigration law, is running on enforcing immigration law.

Hillary Clinton, who has been and continues to be married to a man who is credibly accused of raping and/or sexually assaulting more than a dozen women, is running on a platform of respecting and defending women.

I think Clinton's supporters might want to keep the spouses out of it.

Rev Pesky

Cody87 wrote:
...How is that any different than Clinton campaigning on believing women and protecting women's rights after destroying Bill Clinton's victims?

Did I say it was different? Where do you see that?

Cody87 wrote:
...You missed the point. The point is if anyone is being even remotely objective they will see that both spouses have done things contrary to their spouse's current platform...

I did no such thing. I haven't been defending Hillary Clinton in that respect.

Cody87 wrote:
...I think Clinton's supporters might want to keep the spouses out of it.

Fair enough by me, but that's got nothing to do with Trump's hypocrisy.

abnormal

swallow wrote:
Who cares if she worked illegally in the USA or not? What bearing does that have on who should be president? This is irrelevant.

Since Trump is so anti-immgrant (or at least anti-illegal immigrant) it should matter.  But there's the question of what exactly his modelling agency does

Quote:
Senator Barbara Boxer has asked the Department of Homeland Security to investigate his modeling agency for illegal importing women.   Anyone familiar with Senator Boxer knows that she (a) doesn’t shoot from the hip, and (b) doesn’t give up when she is sure of her facts.  Our beloved Mother Jones has an excellent article regarding her request.

I personally wonder about human sex trafficking through the modeling agency.  I think what was going on there is that Trump was bringing these women in and handing them over to his friends.  Who else would brag, “I would watch supermodels getting screwed, well-known supermodels getting screwed, on a bench in the middle of the [Studio 54] room,” Trump recalled breathlessly. “There were seven of them and each one was getting screwed by a different guy.” 

The trafficking charges could well come out of the testimony of the models during the investigation of Boxer’s charges.  The penalties here would be $1.5 million in fines and 15 years to life in prison.

http://americannewsx.com/hot-off-the-press/trump-big-house-white-house/

 

 

Cody87

abnormal wrote:

swallow wrote:
Who cares if she worked illegally in the USA or not? What bearing does that have on who should be president? This is irrelevant.

Since Trump is so anti-immgrant (or at least anti-illegal immigrant) it should matter.  But there's the question of what exactly his modelling agency does

Quote:
Senator Barbara Boxer has asked the Department of Homeland Security to investigate his modeling agency for illegal importing women.   Anyone familiar with Senator Boxer knows that she (a) doesn’t shoot from the hip, and (b) doesn’t give up when she is sure of her facts.  Our beloved Mother Jones has an excellent article regarding her request.

I personally wonder about human sex trafficking through the modeling agency.  I think what was going on there is that Trump was bringing these women in and handing them over to his friends.  Who else would brag, “I would watch supermodels getting screwed, well-known supermodels getting screwed, on a bench in the middle of the [Studio 54] room,” Trump recalled breathlessly. “There were seven of them and each one was getting screwed by a different guy.” 

The trafficking charges could well come out of the testimony of the models during the investigation of Boxer’s charges.  The penalties here would be $1.5 million in fines and 15 years to life in prison.

http://americannewsx.com/hot-off-the-press/trump-big-house-white-house

Anyone convicted of human trafficking should spend life behind bars. What a horrible thing to do.

Mr. Magoo

Quote:
Now with 4 days to go they try to smear Trump because years before he even met Melania she broke immigration law by working a couple weeks before she was legally allowed to

Then shouldn't he divorce her?  To show that he's REALLY committed to making America great again... even at a loss to himself?  Maybe he didn't know about it when she was doing it, but he knows now.

Or what if he just built a wall in his house, to keep her out of his side?  And the Slovenians paid for it!

Gord damn, this is a silly-ass thread.

abnormal

Mr. Magoo wrote:

Quote:
Now with 4 days to go they try to smear Trump because years before he even met Melania she broke immigration law by working a couple weeks before she was legally allowed to

Then shouldn't he divorce her?  

Nah - it's just time for the equivalent of Nixon's Checkers speech.  Innocent

 

Rev Pesky

Quote:
...Pat doesn't have a mink coat. But she does have a respectable Republican cloth coat.

Between that coat and the family dog, Nixon got a lot of sympathy. Completely undeserved, but in politics, whatever works.

Mr. Magoo

What if Trump just ordered her to give that 300 bucks back?

Either as POTUS (24 hours from now) or as the one who wears the pants in the family (24 hours from now)?

bagkitty bagkitty's picture

Magoo... it is still only the beginning of November, the ice is not going to support the wearing the pants imagery. Shame on you.