War in Syria 5

480 posts / 0 new
Last post
kropotkin1951

josh wrote:

NDPP wrote:

Yes. Remove the 'C'.

Of course.  Your selective human rights outrage is already well established.  

Cure your own fucking human rights problems. How many black people died in Texas from the cold. Arrogant white supremacists who think they know better than everyone else on the globe run your country and economy but you come here to0 shill for them. CNN says the US is the shining light for the world so it must be true.

josh

kropotkin1951 wrote:

josh wrote:

And when did you start beating your wife?

Sanctions is a separate issue.  The issue here is violation of human rights.

Bullshit. Sanctions kill civilians, way more than any ruthless government that will not bow to your overlords.

You sir are an imperial shill and you think you are the good guy. The biggest evil in the world is your oligarchy and you come on here to defend their actions at debasing whole countries because they will not bend the knee to American hegemony.

ZZZZzzzzzzzzz.  Murder and torture is okay because of sanctions.  Got it.

You do know you can be against imperialism and murder and torture?  They're not mutually exclusive.

kropotkin1951

josh wrote:

kropotkin1951 wrote:

josh wrote:

And when did you start beating your wife?

Sanctions is a separate issue.  The issue here is violation of human rights.

Bullshit. Sanctions kill civilians, way more than any ruthless government that will not bow to your overlords.

You sir are an imperial shill and you think you are the good guy. The biggest evil in the world is your oligarchy and you come on here to defend their actions at debasing whole countries because they will not bend the knee to American hegemony.

ZZZZzzzzzzzzz.  Murder and torture is okay because of sanctions.  Got it.

You do know you can be against imperialism and murder and torture?  They're not mutually exclusive.

You are calling for the imposition of imperial sanctions. Why do you think you have the moral authority to call for people in other countries to suffer because you don't like their government's policies. Unlike you I trust that the Syrian people can manage their own affairs. Are you calling for sanctions against your own country because of your professed opposition to US imperialism? Should you not be calling on people all over the world to boycott US products given that is how you think human rights agendas are advanced.

 

JKR

Ayouni review – a raging lament for Syria’s ‘disappeared’; Yasmin Fedda’s powerful documentary lays bare the human cost of the Assad regime

-----------------

Director Yasmin Fedda, who is from a Kuwaiti and Syrian background and lectures in film at Queen Mary University of London, has created a powerful and urgent documentary tribute to those who have been “forcibly disappeared” by the Assad regime in Syria, estimated to be around 150,000 since 2011.

------------

josh

kropotkin1951 wrote:

josh wrote:

kropotkin1951 wrote:

josh wrote:

And when did you start beating your wife?

Sanctions is a separate issue.  The issue here is violation of human rights.

Bullshit. Sanctions kill civilians, way more than any ruthless government that will not bow to your overlords.

You sir are an imperial shill and you think you are the good guy. The biggest evil in the world is your oligarchy and you come on here to defend their actions at debasing whole countries because they will not bend the knee to American hegemony.

ZZZZzzzzzzzzz.  Murder and torture is okay because of sanctions.  Got it.

You do know you can be against imperialism and murder and torture?  They're not mutually exclusive.

You are calling for the imposition of imperial sanctions. Why do you think you have the moral authority to call for people in other countries to suffer because you don't like their government's policies. Unlike you I trust that the Syrian people can manage their own affairs. Are you calling for sanctions against your own country because of your professed opposition to US imperialism? Should you not be calling on people all over the world to boycott US products given that is how you think human rights agendas are advanced.

 

When have I called for sanctions?  Perhaps if you read what I write rather than trying to pigeonhole me into some pre-conceived construct.

kropotkin1951

josh wrote:

We've got better evidence-- against Assad and his clique-- than we had against Milosevic in Yugoslavia, or we had in any of the war crimes tribunals in which I've involved in, some extent, even better than we had against the Nazis at Nuremberg, because the Nazis didn't actually take individual pictures of each of their victims with identifying information on them. 
 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bashar-al-assad-syria-evidence-war-crimes-60-minutes-2021-02-21/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7d&linkId=111830158

To answer the question above. When you post imperial propaganda like this fucking piece of fake news shit I presume you agree with things like sanctions and the other things it references as not having done enough to prevent the alleged atrocities. If you don't agree with this fake news view of the world then why do you post it.

josh

Once again, it's not either/or.  Nor is it, "everything I don't like is fake news."

kropotkin1951

josh wrote:

Once again, it's not either/or.  Nor is it, "everything I don't like is fake news."

You are an American promoting an imperial agenda and you think you are helping people whose lives your government is destroying. You are allowed to believe whatever truths you have been educated to believe including the big lies like American Exceptionalism however please don't think you will get a free pass for disseminating blatant US/NATO propaganda generated to provide cover for the fact that your Biden regime is once again increasing its illegal and unasked for military presence across the Iraqi Syrian border areas. You didn't even comment on it to start a debate instead you just trolled it onto this left wing Canadian site.

Fortunately the oil fields that have been liberated for democracy and the revenue kept out of the hands of the evil repressive regime in Damascus and instead are being diverted into a murky world where the US gets to steal the government resources of other sovereign nations "legally."

NDPP

Bartlett: The Caesar Act - the latest Western attack on Syria didn't drop from a plane

https://twitter.com/SyrianFaust/status/1364085617928376321

"It's no secret and no longer debatable that the misery Syria's people have faced for almost a decade - the relentless, savage, terrorism of civilians and military alike - is a  product of Western, particularly American, covert and over meddling. As Syria struggles to recover it faces a new deadly threat in the form of sweeping sanctions under the Caesar Act..."

Canada: Special Economic Measures (Syria)

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2011-114/fulltext.html

"Regulations are current to 2021-02-15..."

Sorry for our strangulation sanctions Syria. Canada is an odious servile vassal with great pretensions of  'wokeness' but only follows lockstep the American monsters' marching orders, whatever they may be. So we starve you and your children but give millions to Al Qaeda and White Helmets instead.

melovesproles

josh wrote:

Nor is it, "everything I don't like is fake news."

You could take your own advice.

josh wrote:

 

Yes, it's all fake.  So were the Nazi death camps, I hear. 

in response to

OPCW leaked documents

In 2003, were you rolling your eyes at whistle blowers and posting links (without comment) to US MSM media articles on human rights abuses in Iraq or is this a new hobby for you?

josh wrote:
 You do know you can be against imperialism and murder and torture?  They're not mutually exclusive.

You are using the 'beat your wife' analogy and then accusing everyone who disagrees with you as not being "against murder and torture" and not caring about human rights. I'd love to live in the world you clearly think exists where we have the international framework for dealing with human rights. That was certainly the world I was promised growing up but you would have to have been Rip Van Winkle to not see how the fragile and already seriously flawed potential foundation for building that world was obliterated mostly by the US completely drunk on the idea of a unipolar world and a New American Century. In case you were asleep:

  1. The US used anti-Muslim sentiment, fabrication of evidence and bald faced lies to start an illegal war that completely destabilized the region and created the worst refugee crisis since WW2.
  2. The US and it's allies (which included groups that were actually linked the 9-11 attacks) further destabilized the region and push for regime change in countries it didn't like. The human rights abuses of Assad and Gaddaffi were used as excuses for this but things empirically got worse for human rights (slavery and warlordism in Libya and the destruction of Syria where average life expectancy dropped for men from 75 to 59 since the start of the civil war. 
  3. Evidence of US imperial policy including deception, diplomatic bullying, atrocities etc. has been published by Wikileaks and the US and UK have done everthing they can to punish and imprison those responsible for making this public. Meanwhile those responsible for the devastation in the Middle East have faced zero consequences and are in fact far more dominant than they were in the media and just as dominant in the government.

We aren't getting that world where there is a robust international human rights framework under these conditions. I'm sure you have read 'Manufacturing Consent' and understand how human rights get weaponized. I'm not even saying the US empire needs to be overthrown (although that would be great) but it needs some serious chains. Otherwise, anyone who is actually anti-imperialist should be able to recognize that the Liberal human rights crowd has been a massive enabler of an extremely destructive imperial agenda (certainly in my lifetime).

I know I would give the North American armchair human rights warriors a lot more credibility after the US does the following:

  • Shutter the CIA, FBI, NSA (RCMP obviously too) and replace them with agencies that are genuinely transparent and not rooted in Cold War ideology. Make all records public, conduct Truth and Reconcilliation and make appropriate reparations for death and destruction they have caused.
  • Reform the UN and abolish the Security Council making it more democratic.
  • Abolish NATO and other Cold War relics.
  • Set up a department with the purpose of transforming the US economy's dependence on the Military Industrial Complex and develop an industrial policy that doesn't depend on endless war.

Not saying that is exhaustive, but off the top of my head, I'd be a lot more open to hearing Liberals opine on human rights on the other side of the world if this happened.

josh

So you're saying we should keep silent about human rights abuses, including murder and torture, or better yet deny that they are taking place, because it might "weaponize the U.S. imperial agenda"?

NorthReport

Syrian prison guard jailed for torture by German Court in landmark ruling

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/syria-torture-jail-...

melovesproles

josh wrote:

So you're saying we should keep silent about human rights abuses, including murder and torture, or better yet deny that they are taking place, because it might "weaponize the U.S. imperial agenda"?

No but ignoring how they keep getting weaponized and used to make human rights situations much much worse is at best being a useful idiot and at worse being a cheerleader for power.

Do you think US foreign policy (your democratic government that you can actually influence and not another government that you have zero influence on) and it's actions which it alleges were based on human rights has had a positive or negative impact on the average person's life in:

  • Iraq?
  • Iran?
  • Syria?
  • Libya?
  • Afghanistan?
  • Venezuela?
  • Haiti?

Seriously I'd like to know your answer.

josh

I'm not here to defend the foreign policy of the U.S. government.  Most of which I have opposed.

kropotkin1951

josh wrote:

So you're saying we should keep silent about human rights abuses, including murder and torture, or better yet deny that they are taking place, because it might "weaponize the U.S. imperial agenda"?

None so blind that will not see.

Or to be biblical; "How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."

 

kropotkin1951

josh wrote:

I'm not here to defend the foreign policy of the U.S. government.  Most of which I have opposed.

Then why did you post that piece up thread that started this particular conversation? You did not decry the blatant lies or disagree with it in anyway. That article was completely about defending US foreign policy so why did you post it, if not to agree?

josh

The CBS article?  That was about torture and murder of political prisoners.

kropotkin1951

josh wrote:

The CBS article?  That was about torture and murder of political prisoners.

It was not US propaganda designed to deflect from the ongoing invasion of Syria? None so blind.

JKR

Having won Syria’s war, Assad is mired in economic woes

----------------

His struggles have left him with little patience for the government’s focus on political issues that do not affect his daily life, like the struggle against Israel.

“We hear daily statements from President Bashar al-Assad and his government on the resistance and national sovereignty,” he said. “But the government has closed its ears and eyes and doesn’t show any interest in our living conditions.”

----------------

Mobo2000

Post 420 is another example of useful imperial propaganda.   Note that it contains no news.   It is second hand gossip about a meeting between Assad and Syrian journalists, that the NYT reporters did not attend and heard about from a single source.   It does not quote any of the questions asked by those journalists, or answers provided by Assad.   From the article:

"The private meeting with Syrian journalists last month, which has not been previously reported, offered a rare, unvarnished look at a leader who seemed out of touch with the real concerns troubling his people and helpless to do anything about them. The New York Times was informed of the discussion by someone briefed by several of the journalists, and the details were confirmed directly by one of the attendees."

The article is an attempt to characterize the Assad government as ideologically possessed and unable to look after it's citizens.   A helpless government that is too distracted by it's hatred of Israel to address it's own citizens real interest.    The unsaid but obvious implication is that it would be better for Syrians if he were gone.   However, like most good propaganda, it does have some truth in it:

"People’s concern, more than anything else, is food and fuel,” a Damascus musician said. “Everything is abnormally expensive, and people are terrified to open their mouths.”

The causes are multiple and overlapping: widespread damage and displacement from the war; sweeping Western sanctions on Assad’s government and associates; a banking collapse in neighbouring Lebanon, where wealthy Syrians kept their money; and lockdowns to combat the coronavirus.

Assad has no easy way out. Most of the country’s oil fields and much of its agricultural land are in the northeast, which is controlled by Kurdish-led forces backed by the United States."

If JKR and the readers of the NYT are genuinely concerned about the poverty and quality of life in Syria, they should oppose sanctions and pressure their government to leave.   Maybe pay some reparations on their way out too.

 

melovesproles

josh wrote:

I'm not here to defend the foreign policy of the U.S. government.  Most of which I have opposed.

Great, but that doesn't answer my question. Because if human rights have actually gotten worse after all of these foreign policy actions of the US government (and it is pretty obvious they have), and if these foreign policy actions were only made possible by using human rights abuses as a pretext (again this is clearly so), then why would we continue to uncritically accept the US media and government's selective interest in human rights abuses in other countries if we actually care about human rights?

I told you what I think needs to happen for an international human rights framework to be rebuilt. I understand that this will be hard to do and in fact seems much farther away than it did 25 years ago but I don't see what the alternative is. Do you have one?

NorthReport
JKR

Mobo2000 wrote:

If JKR and the readers of the NYT are genuinely concerned about the poverty and quality of life in Syria, they should oppose sanctions and pressure their government to leave.   Maybe pay some reparations on their way out too.

I agree that it would be much better if the U.S. adhered to international law and did not interfere in Syria. I also think it would be much better if the Assad regime adhered to international human rights standards. I think no matter what the U.S. does, or doesn't do, Syrians will continue to suffer immensely due to the authoritarian and corrupt rule of Assad. Unfortunately Syrians are likely stuck in a miserable situation because Assad holds incredibly rigged elections. I think what would help Syria the most would be open, fair and transparent elections that are seen as being legitimate by Syrians and the international community.

NDPP

'How Dare You Open Your Mouths.'

https://twitter.com/Partisangirl/status/1364031760091127808

"Everything you don't like is hitler. You people slaughtered millions in Iraq and Afghanistan, and you funded Alqaeda in Syria. Your sanctions are literally starving Syrian children. How dare you open your mouths."

kropotkin1951

"I think no matter what the U.S. does, or doesn't do, Syrians will continue to suffer immensely due to the authoritarian and corrupt rule of Assad. Unfortunately Syrians are likely stuck in a miserable situation because Assad holds incredibly rigged elections. "

This is the embedded propaganda in everything written about Syria in the press of the countries that are attacking them and you've swallowed it hook line and sinker. The people voted for a new constitutional process and new elections by over 90% because they wanted a sovereign way forward out of a one party state. The new constitution changed the one party state into a multi-party state but to you none of that has legitimacy since it was not NATO approved and the most likely outcome in a fair multi-party election would be Assad's party being the largest or second largest party. This process, unlike in Iraq, would not have removed everyone from positions in government at all administrative levels if they had been members of the Ba'ath party. So it was a transition process not regime change.

You support regime change not the democratic will of the Syrian people who said lets give this new constitution a try. Instead Western backed terrorists increased their bombing of cities to show how much they care about the civilian population. Better dead than red is a great American theme that they apply seriously to countries with socialist governments. The belief that living under a one party socialist government is so unbelievably unthinkable that we have an obligation to save people all over the world from that horrible fate is the biggest of the big lies.

josh

The United States has "conducted airstrikes against infrastructure utilized by Iranian-backed militant groups in eastern Syria," the Pentagon confirmed on Thursday. A report by AFP citing Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says 17 people, pro-Iran fighters, were killed in the attack. The airstrike was carried out in response to recent attacks against US targets in Iraq.

We are bombing Iranian-backed militias in Syria to deter them from attacking US troops in Iraq who are training Iraqi Security Forces that fight alongside and support the same Iranian-backed militias we are bombing in Syria.

https://twitter.com/dandcaldwell/status/1365091196155158529?s=20

Upside-down face

NDPP

'Statement from Pentagon Press Secretary on Airstrikes'

https://twitter.com/s_m_marandi/status/1365212857021968387

"By repeating 'Iranian-backed militant groups' you can't hide the fact that they are Iraqi citizens and as a key part of the Iraqi state structure, they are the real reason for the defeat of ISIS in Iraq and Syria. This helps ISIS but it also enrages Iraqis under occupation."

Yanqui go home!

NDPP

'At President Biden's Direction....US Conducts Defensive Precision Strike'

https://t.co/iVeeUj9HEH?amp=1

"Last night the US escalated the situation in Iraq by bombing Iraqi government security forces at the Iraqi-Syrian border station near Abu-Kamal/Al Qaim. One Iraqi soldier, a Sunni, was killed. Other sources claim that as many as 22 were killed.

The last attack on US units in Iraq happened on Feb 15 against a US position in Erbil, Iraq. Some 3 small rockets were fired by an unknown group of provocateurs. To call an attack with seven 500-pound bombs on a border station guarded by official Iraqi security forces against ISIS attacks hundreds of miles away from Erbil 'defensive' and 'in response' is of course ridiculous.

Together with the deliberate steps to make a return to the nuclear deal with Iran more complicated, this attack can be seen as a deliberate escalation against the 'resistance axis' of Iran, Syria, Hizbullah in Lebanon and their supporters. The Biden administration has yet to learn the lesson Trump learned when he tried to provoke Iran and its allies.

It is the resistance that has escalation dominance in the Middle East. It can control the pace of further steps up the escalation ladder. It is willing to step up higher than the US. It knows how to use that ability. Biden can return to the nuclear deal by lifting the sanctions on Iran. Or he can attempt to further escalate further to get his 'consensus'. These efforts will not only be costly for the US and its allies, as Iran can and will respond in kind, but also futile. It's his choice to make."

Let us also not forget the complicity in all this by the shitty little tail of the American dog - Israel.

melovesproles

Where are the CBS articles about the ethics of the US illegally bombing Syria and breaking international law all to make a point to Iran?

kropotkin1951

melovesproles wrote:

Where are the CBS articles about the ethics of the US illegally bombing Syria and breaking international law all to make a point to Iran?

I caught part of an interview on our state media with a former Ambassador to the UN who was not outraged but found it quite acceptable to bomb people in a third country to make a point to an enemy that you dare not attack directly. As usual I swore at the radio and turned it off.

NDPP

'Savagery'

https://twitter.com/Partisangirl/status/1365513960024207366

"The sanctions [Yes, yours too Canada!] are worse than the bombs in some ways. Unseen and unprotected. My own family members are struggling because of them and they have never struggled before. Think about what's happening to those who were not middle class before the war. I shudder to think it."

melovesproles

I caught part of an interview on our state media with a former Ambassador to the UN who was not outraged but found it quite acceptable to bomb people in a third country to make a point to an enemy that you dare not attack directly. As usual I swore at the radio and turned it off.

Yeah I think I heard what you were talking about but I'm not sure it would even qualify as an interview. Not to pick on the host but he seemed like he was just gushing to talk to someone 'important'.

It is incredible how selectively international law gets invoked by Liberals. If the US wants to use it as a pretext to punish a non-NATO country, it becomes a hot topic. If the US breaks it with impunity, it's like it never existed. 'Law' doesn't seem like the right word.

NDPP

Breaking: 'Israel is bombing Syria right now, striking Damascus."

https://twitter.com/sahouraxo/status/1366124519753064450

The American dog's shitty  Zionist tail now. Aren't Canucklheads glad all their MPs are so close and supportive to both?

NDPP

WATCH: "I'm glad some of my former colleagues in Congress are speaking out against the recent unconstitutional airstrikes in Syria - but they're ignoring the bigger issue: The regime-change war the US continues to wage in Syria using al Qaeda/al Nusra/HTS terrorists as our proxy..."

https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/1366391821362819077

NDPP

US occupation forces transport 25 ISIS terrorists from Iraq to Syria

https://twitter.com/timand2037/status/1366879264314781697

"25 ISIS terrorists entered Syria from Iraqi territories on February 28, 2021, to Al-Sahl town in the southern countryside of Hasakah in Syria under the protection of the US occupation forces."

US continues to fund jihadi terrorism in Syria

https://twitter.com/tonyblunt12/status/1366893142469996544

"Moderate rebels Inc. - humanitarian heroes of Syria since 2011."

NDPP

Grayzone: Biden's Syria Crimes (and vid)

https://twitter.com/aaronjmate/status/1367987099660472321

"Tulsi Gabbard calls out the US dirty war on Syria that Biden, aides admit to..."

NDPP

Syria's 10 Years of War

https://youtu.be/m2kIo4SjibI

"How the country became a playground for external powers."

 

WATCH: Sactions Kill People (and vid)

https://twitter.com/richimedhurst/status/1371434035566800896

"60% of Syrians are under the age of 24. They've grown up with war, trauma. And now the US, EU [and Canada!] are starving them in the name of 'democracy'. These people are sick and evil."

NDPP

'Kurdish SDF Helping US Steal Syria's Oil'

https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/1371591700167147522

"The anarchist media safari to Rojava is winding down and this is pretty much what's left. I guess no one in Hollywood wanted a script about raw US imperial piracy."

NDPP

'US occupation forces continue their operations in support of DAESH'

https://twitter.com/timand2037/status/1371423403731603457

"Qusay al Anbari of Iraq's Badr organization advises that helicopters of US occupation forces continue their operations in support of DAESH, moving terrorists from Syria to Iraq, so constituting a 'dangerous threat' to the sovereignty of the country."

NDPP

Syrian Air Defenses Deployed Against UK-EU-US-Armed Israeli Aerial Bombardment of Damascus

https://twitter.com/s_m_marandi/status/1372057853423403008

"Western media portrays this as normal, since their supremacist culture permits such attacks on non-white peoples. EU, Canadian, US and Australian regimes protect the apartheid regime from accountability. Instead they launch a dirty war and impose hunger on Syria for 'human rights'.

NorthReport
NDPP

Syria - The War is Resuming on Several Fronts

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2021/03/syria-the-war-is-resuming-on-sever...

"Ten years after it began, and after a short lull in fighting, the war on Syria seems now to resume on several fronts. It is quite possible that the Biden administration has plans to reset the current stalemate in Syria by allying with Turkey for a new push against Damascus."

NDPP

"Queues all over Syria for bread and fuel after the US and NATO looted Syria's oil and burned its wheat. The US is a sadistic regime that thrives on the misery of nations. Syria was once a self-sufficient country. Before America decided Syria needs 'democracy and freedom.'

https://twitter.com/HadiNasrallah/status/1378787301862604801

 

Million barrels of Iranian oil headed to Syria - will Israel sabotage the ship?

https://twitter.com/joshua_landis/status/1379433045011226631

"Four Iranian tankers bound for Syria are now in the Suez area. They are exiting the canal to the Med Sea. All 4 may likely await a Russian navy escort so that Israel, which has sabotaged 12 previous tankers with mines, will not  blow them up. They contain 3.5 million barrels."

Canada supports USrael in this barbarism.

NDPP

April 17, 1946 - Syria's Independence Day (and vid)

https://twitter.com/richimedhurst/status/1383870601140445195

"I also talk about colonial history and how Europeans carved up the Middle East and Africa..."

NDPP

Syria's missile strike on Israel's nuclear facility

https://youtu.be/l4hsTYMsYj8

A warning to Israel. This wasn't 'errant'. Next time Dimona may go boom!

NDPP

End the Genocidal Siege of Syria (and vid)

https://twitter.com/timand2037/status/1388418087318347777

Stop your sanctions Canada! Stop averting your eyes Canadians!

[email protected]

 

Canadian sanctions on Syria

https://www.international.gc.ca/world-monde/international_relations-rela...

NDPP

Bashar Assad's political advisor on Syrian presidential election, Israeli attacks on Syria, reconstruction efforts (and vid)

https://twitter.com/Underground_RT/status/1397224628498669574

"Idlib is occupied by Turkey, part of north-east Syria is occupied by the Americans, the Golan is occupied by Israel, but Syria will be liberated and be one again..."

NDPP

Why Syrians elected Assad (and vid)

https://twitter.com/KevorkAlmassian/status/1400172869171154948

"According to the mainstream media, Bashar-al-Assad is an unpopular leader who's killing his own people. In this video I address the main factors that encouraged millions of Syrians to vote for Assad, despite 10 years of war and propaganda."

 

'The Syrian people have said no to western imperialism' (and vid)

https://twitter.com/richimedhurst/status/1399809316778131462

"I know this might be hard to grasp for a lot of westerners, but people in Syria do not want to live under the rule of HTS or other head-chopping lunatics funded by the CIA and MI6."

NDPP

In response to a question in another thread regarding the role of the Kurdish YPG, the following overview provides an important critical overview significantly at variance with most of the polyanna propaganda nonsense promoted by the PKK/YPG's western sponsors.

 

The Myth of the Kurdish YPG's Moral Excellence

https://gowans.blog/2017/07/11/the-myth-of-the-kurdish-ypgs-moral-excell...

"The PKK/YPG has struck a bargain with the United States to achieve its goal of establishing a Kurdish national state, but at the expense of Syria's efforts to safeguard its independence from a decades-long US effort to destroy it. The partition of Syria along ethno-sectarian lines, desired by the PKK, Washington and Tel Aviv alike, serves both the US and Israeli goals of weakening a focus  of opposition to the Zionist project and US domination of West Asia.

Representing an ethnic community that comprises less than 10 percent of the Syrian population, the PKK [YPG/SDF], a Kurdish anarchist guerilla group which operates in both Turkey and Syria, is using the United States, its Air Force, Marine Corps, Army Rangers and Special Forces troops, as a force multiplier in an effort to impose a partition of Syria in which the numerically insignificant Kurd population controls a significant portion of Syria's territory, including areas inhabited by Arabs in the majority and in which Kurds have never been in the majority.

To accomplish its aim, the PKK has not only struck a deal with a despotic regime in Washington which seeks to recolonize the Arab world, but is relying on ethnic cleansing and denial of repatriation of Arabs from regions from which they've fled or have been driven to establish Kurdish control of northern Syria, techniques which parallel those used by Zionist forces in 1948 to create a Jewish state in Arab majority Palestine.

Washington and Israel (The latter having long maintained a semi-clandestine relationship with the Kurds) value a confederated system for Syria as a means of weakening Arab nationalist influence in Arab Asia, undermining a pole of opposition to Zionism, colonialism, and the international dictatorship of the United States. Forces which resist dictatorship, including the most odious one of all, that of the United States over much of the world, are the real champions of democracy, a category to which the PKK, as evidenced by its actions in Syria, does not belong."

NDPP

Douma Three Years On

https://twitter.com/johnpilger/status/1397901080864858114

"This outstanding report from Syria by Eva Bartlett penetrates the 'iron dome' of Western propaganda, also known as news. It is about a chemical attack that never happened in a country attacked, subverted and blockaded in your name."

Ignore the scary warning not to go to the site to read it. It's designed to do just that.

Pages