I'd like to address the issue of my choosing to ban mahmoud as raised in this thread. Many issues arose in that thread, and I'm hoping this thread will address this one issue.
- I agree that I was hasty to ban mahmoud outright without a warning and without discussing it with the other mods.
- I was away from the computer from yesterday morning until this morning.
- I suspect the other mods didn't want to comment on this without having a mod discussion first. Mods are not always able to respond to issues in a timely manner or even on the same day they happen.
- If the mod team decides to reinstate mahmoud I will be fine with that and will apologize to him for the hastiness of my decision.
- I maintain my belief that he is a troll, however I am open to being wrong about that. Not all Islamofascist trolls say the typical bannable things. Right away. But he could very well be a young man struggling with issues of his own. Only time will reveal that, if he returns. I will apologize again to him, if this turns out to be the case.