Please support our coverage of democratic movements and become a monthly supporter of rabble.ca.
rabble.ca launched a book this month. Called “The Year of Living Consciously,” it features some of the best writing which has appeared on rabble.ca over the past year.
The Best of rabble.ca 2014 Edition is an anthology of analysis and commentary on the top issues and social justice movements that matter to progressives. With sections on Canadian politics, Indigenous solidarity and labour, the Best of rabble.ca delivers an eloquent overview of the top progressive stories that you’ve come to expect from rabble.ca.
We’ve been doing launches in different parts of the country and we thought we’d bring one of them to you. What you’re about to hear is the Vancouver launch, which took place on June 14, at the Heartwood Cafe. Local contributors to the book came together sharing the stories of what led them to write the pieces selected, and provide updates to their pieces. The result was a moving discussion on some of the major challenges facing progressives in Canada today.
The evening was moderated by rabble.ca blogs coordinator, Michael Stewart.
Vancouver East Member of Parliament, Libby Davies, provided opening remarks.
- Michelle Reid – Co-publisher of Sad Mag
- Emma Pullman – Freelance writer, researcher and activist
- Joyce Arthur – rabble columnist
- Meghan Murphy – Writer and Founder of Feminist Current, West Coast Editor of rabble.ca
- Tania Ehret – Activist and Arts & Culture Contributing Editor to rabble.ca
- Lucia Lorenzi – Feminist writer and PhD candidate in literature at UBC
- Roger Annis – Writer and Activist with Vancouver Ecosocialist Network
Perhaps the best way to get the book is to receive it as our “thanks,” knowing that you made our community-based media site stronger. If you support rabble at $5/month you receive a free subscription to This! Magazine as our “thank-you” gift. We can keep bringing you the best of progressive news, analysis and commentary because of our supporters. You can become a supporter right now.