Keep ’em coming! When you support putting Karl Nerenberg back on the Parliament beat at rabble.ca you not only get regular insightful articles on the politics of Parliament but you get it done with Karl’s special flair:
– “That great tautologist and profound thinker, Ottawa-area Conservative MP Pierre Poilievre, continues to insist that the ‘root cause of terrorism is terrorists.'”
– “If consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, the Harper government must be broad-minded indeed.”
– “Henry ll, addressing his entourage and referring to the Archbishop of Canterbury, Thomas Becket, asked: “Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest?’ … and Becket was soon dead. We don’t know what instructions the government gave the Librarian of Parliament about the Budget Office, but we can be fairly sure it was not: ‘Keep up Kevin Page’s good work!'”
Karl writes with humour, with anger, and with a keen eye to the broader context of issues. As he wrote, “A lot happens in Parliament, aside from the theatre of Question Period and the now ritualized scrums that follow in the lobby of the House. Some of it is sublime, some, ridiculous. Some of it is enlightening; some, mind-numbing. And most of it happens far from the gaze of the media or the public.”
We need independent reporting for the rest of us. Please support us in sending Karl back to Parliament. Everyone who donates at least $25 will be entered to win:
– one of 10 rabble tote bags
– one of 5 rabble best of rabble book bundles
– the grand prize of the critically acclaimed Nexus 7 (16gb) tablet!
Thank you for reading rabble. You can support Karl right here.
… Can I ask you a question?
Do you ever feel that, with everything that’s going on around the world and a million breaking news stories in your face, on your phone, every day, it’s hard to stay on top of the news that actually matters to you?
That’s why I believe rabble.ca is so important; our national writing team cuts through the corporate news releases, the misinformation and the buzzy, fear-mongering clickbait to share the heart of the stories that most affect Canadians —all through a progressive lens, always corporate free and never behind a paywall.
We believe exceptional, independent media should be accessible to all. But in order to keep this mandate going, we’ll need your help.
Support rabble.ca today and keep progressive journalism free for everyone. Every little bit counts! Whether it be a one-time donation or a small monthly contribution, you’ll be securing rabble’s place in Canadian media for years to come.
Become a rabble rouser — donate to rabble.ca today.