George Galloway, the outspoken peace and human rights advocate (and former British MP who was barred from Canada by Immigration Minister Jason Kenney), will be speaking in Winnipeg.
Peace Alliance Winnipeg is honoured to host this champion of free speech, peace and human rights.
Doors open at 7:00 p.m.
* Adults: $10
* Students, youth, and seniors: $5
* Unwaged: Pay What You Can (no one will be turned away)
Organized by: Peace Alliance Winnipeg
* Independent Jewish Voices (Winnipeg)
* Canada Palestine Support Network (Winnipeg)
* Students Against Israeli Apartheid (University of Manitoba)
* Canadian Federation of Students (Manitoba)
* The Uniter
* The Institute for Women's and Gender Studies (University of Winnipeg)
* The Council of Canadians (Winnipeg)
* CKUW 95.9 FM
* Brandon NDP Women's Association
* Mondragon Bookstore and Coffee House
* Winnipeg Labour Council
* Brandon and District Labour Council
National Organizers: Canadian Peace Alliance, Canadian Boat to Gaza, Canadians for Justice and Peace in the Middle East, Canadian Arab Federation, Independent Jewish Voices.
Thank you for reading this story…
More people are reading rabble.ca than ever and unlike many news organizations, we have never put up a paywall – at rabble we’ve always believed in making our reporting and analysis free to all, while striving to make it sustainable as well. Media isn’t free to produce. rabble’s total budget is likely less than what big corporate media spend on photocopying (we kid you not!) and we do not have any major foundation, sponsor or angel investor. Our main supporters are people and organizations -- like you. This is why we need your help. You are what keep us sustainable.
rabble.ca has staked its existence on you. We live or die on community support -- your support! We get hundreds of thousands of visitors and we believe in them. We believe in you. We believe people will put in what they can for the greater good. We call that sustainable.
So what is the easy answer for us? Depend on a community of visitors who care passionately about media that amplifies the voices of people struggling for change and justice. It really is that simple. When the people who visit rabble care enough to contribute a bit then it works for everyone.
And so we’re asking you if you could make a donation, right now, to help us carry forward on our mission. Make a donation today.