“You can help brighten a dark path. Lead the way and sail with the children of Gaza towards freedom,” said Heba Hayek of Gaza, a member of Gaza’s Ark committee.
On November 30, hundreds of Palestinian children will be reaching out to the world from the confines of the ever-tightening Israeli blockade of Gaza. In anticipation of the spring launch of Gaza’s Ark, they will gather on the Mediterranean shore with mini-Arks, 40-cm long wooden model boats representing Gaza’s Ark (prototype photo above), and send them off into the sea.
These mini Arks will send a symbolic message of defiance against an illegal blockade, made worse by Egypt’s crackdown on the Rafah crossing and tunnels, which is destroying the kids’ childhood and ruining their future. Their message of hope will only be possible with the support of sponsors like you from all over the world.
These efforts to launch mini Arks are to spotlight the inhumane conditions under which the Palestinians in Gaza, and particularly the children, live. In addition, groups all over the world, from North America to Europe will sail small boats on their lakes, rivers and swimming pools and stage supporting actions on the same day, November 30.
How you can be part:
1. Sponsor a Mini Ark individually, in partnership or through a local organization. Share this sponsorship opportunity with others through word of mouth, Facebook, Twitter, your blog or any other social platform you have access to: http://www.gazaark.org/2013/10/26/sponsor-a-mini-ark-now/
2. Create a Mini Ark Action: Make your own Mini Arks with your children and/or children in your community. Write a message of solidarity or write: “Gaza: End the silence! End the Blockade!” Take pictures/video, send it to us and we’ll post it on online. We will share your images with the children of Gaza. This is a deeply symbolic act of hope that is sure to bring a smile to all involved!
Join the mini Ark Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/172344456298624/
The mini Arks initiative is supported by a growing number of Palestinian organizations in Gaza, including:
– Al Amal Institute for orphans – https://www.facebook.com/Alamal.for.orphans
– El Wedad association – http://www.npaid.org/Our-work/Countries/Middle-East/Palestine/Partners-in-Palestine/El-Wedad
– Atfaluna association – http://www.atfaluna.net/en/atfaluna_crafts/
– Rehabilitation and development program for women – https://www.facebook.com/rdpwgaza
– Dr. Haider abed el Shafi Center for Training – https://www.facebook.com/htcgaza
– Society and Family development association – https://www.facebook.com/tanmia.pal
– For Palestine children ( Atfal Palestine) – https://www.facebook.com/atfalpal
– Al Qalaa center for training and development – https://www.facebook.com/alqlaa.Center
– Oxygen Youth Group https://www.facebook.com/Oxygen.Youth.Group?directed_target_id=0
– Talk youth group https://www.facebook.com/taaklm.gaza?directed_target_id=0
– Zahrat E-Tfoola
– National agency for family care