Presentation by Roger Annis in Vancouver, Canada on Sept 29, 2014
On September 29, 2014, The Institute for the Humanities at Simon Fraser University hosted a talk by Roger Annis on the war in eastern Ukraine and the accompanying political and military threats by NATO and the Kyiv government against Russia. Roger Annis is a Vancouver-based writer and antiwar activist who has written extensively on Ukraine. He attended the antiwar conference held in Yalta, Crimea on July 6, 7, 2014. (Introduction continues below).
The themes covered in the one-hour talk included:
– The origin of the war — the pro-austerity and pro-NATO turn of Ukraine’s oligarchs, and NATO’s historic animosity to Russia
– The Maidan movement and the ascendance of right-wing nationalism in Ukraine
– Resistance of the Ukraine and Russian peoples to war and austerity
– The myth of “Russian imperialism”
– Solutions: Solidarity and working class unity for Ukraine. For a federated and democratic Ukraine.
Roger Annis can be reached at [email protected] His writings on Ukraine are on his website. This video can be viewed directly on YouTube.
We’re so glad you stopped by!
Thanks for consuming rabble content this year.
rabble.ca is 100% reader and donor funded, so as an avid reader of our content, we hope you will consider gifting rabble with a donation today!
Whether it be a one-time donation or a small monthly contribution, your support is critical to keep rabble writers producing the work you’ve come to rely on as a part of a healthy media diet.